• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

What I'm most excited about in Fallout 4, is the building stuff. I love that. And I won't mind the visuals if it brings me a great story, atmosphere and experience.

That said, I'll be waiting for a Game of the Year edition, as I have yet to even play Fallout 3 or New Vegas (played 1 hour). And I got Black Ops 3 and Halo 5 on my drives at the moment.

Nice launch trailer by the way.

Pachimari

I wonder when GMG will send out Black Ops 3 codes as well, with all of this talk about the Steam version launching at midnight(?).

It's getting seriously aggravating to browse Gaf on mobile. These pop-ups (not even a real pop-up but going to a new page) are coming obnoxiously frequent lately and getting back is a pain. Only pressing "back" half a dozen times quickly gets you back on gaf.

I've been getting those for a while on my android phone too, really annoying.

Random question: Is there a way to make Big Picture Mode *not* close any open chats you have when you close it (and just keep them open in your desktop)?

Right now it closes everything regardless of whether I open the chat in BPM or if I open it on desktop. I like to idle in some group chats so having them close whenever I fire up BPM is really annoying.

Sarcasm

The gunplay actually looks great. That pretty surprising from Fallout.

Also, every trailer/teaser up to now seems to indicate a very vertical world.
I really hope so.

Well given that they tried to mimic destiny's gun play.

Not saying that in a negative light.

Tizoc

That story mode for SFV is still bumming me out. Not even Juri is saving it at this point.

I think You're over exaggerating here. THe story mode shouldn't be something you would've looked forward to in an SF game. You're saying Juri's inclusion wouldn't save it but then you see how she plays and you flip a 180 and blindly buy the character instead of getting enough Fight Money to unlock her.

Even if you don't get SF5 now, you can wait for it to go on sale/get it for cheap and then get the DLC you want.

Jawmuncher

I think You're over exaggerating here. THe story mode shouldn't be something you would've looked forward to in an SF game. You're saying Juri's inclusion wouldn't save it but then you see how she plays and you flip a 180 and blindly buy the character instead of getting enough Fight Money to unlock her.

Even if you don't get SF5 now, you can wait for it to go on sale/get it for cheap and then get the DLC you want.

Nah I'm still mad as hell about it. I expected far more from Capcom. I don't think it's fair that because I'm not on par with other street fighter players that I'm getting the short stuck here. SF4 I could cut some slack, first big fighting game of that gen and everything was basically expansions. But this as you next entry when you say you have been looking at the competition is just sad. My standards have changed. I'm not alright with just a fighting game with light SP modes because we're past that now. I'm probably gonna love Juris Design and inclusion, but this is still gonna bug the hell out of me.

It's getting seriously aggravating to browse Gaf on mobile. These pop-ups (not even a real pop-up but going to a new page) are coming obnoxiously frequent lately and getting back is a pain. Only pressing "back" half a dozen times quickly gets you back on gaf.

This is probably adware on your phone, not a GAF issue. Do the usual cookie/cache cleaning and maybe even app data in your system settings.

Lomax

When is the last time a game has exceeded a majority of people's expectations? It always seems to be hyped to hell and inevitable disappointments.

Divinity Original Sin had very little buzz before release and ended up being SteamGaf GotY. That's about the only example I can think of. Some games sort of come out of nowhere and end up being big hits, like Undertale.

I wonder when GMG will send out Black Ops 3 codes as well, with all of this talk about the Steam version launching at midnight(?).

When they get them.

I mean....you played it right?

It's not awful, just....uh....meh. Finally opening up after 30 hours didn't exactly help.

I platinum'ed the game on PS3.
Took over 100 hours and I had a ton of fun with the battle system and the "missions".
Hell, even getting powerful enough and good enough with the paradigms to take on the Long Gui for the final weapon upgrades was awesome (though the potential grinding to get enough of the final upgrade material was a bit aggravating).

And it only takes about 20h (a long time, admittedly) to open up. Though I'm unsure why people complain about this, as FFX doesn't really open up until just before the final areas either and has a pretty similar problem to what people dislike about XIII, but with worse characters. ;)

Nah I'm still mad as hell about it. I expected far more from Capcom. I don't think it's fair that because I'm not on par with other street fighter players that I'm getting the short stuck here. SF4 I could cut some slack, first big fighting game of that gen and everything was basically expansions. But this as you next entry when you say you have been looking at the competition is just sad. My standards have changed. I'm not alright with just a fighting game with light SP modes because we're past that now. I'm probably gonna love Juris Design and inclusion, but this is still gonna bug the hell out of me.

We're talking about SP in a Capcom fighter. I really don't know why anyone expected anything more than what's been shown/leaked (and I said as much in the past). This isn't Netherrealm, getting a few of the opening/ending scenes stitched together seemed like a best case scenario (and this seems a bit beyond what I expected, to be honest, as Capcom is not known for doing a story mode at all). Hell, maybe it ends up being a better version of Blazblue story mode for me. I always just rushed through everything in those because it was definitely NOT something I was into...

At the very least, I get "classic" Ken out of it, so that's a plus.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This is probably adware on your phone, not a GAF issue. Do the usual cookie/cache cleaning and maybe even app data in your system settings.

I think the cause is a certain ad triggering a redirect. I get it on my phone, too, and all I ever do as far as internet usage goes is browse GAF.

Dr Dogg

Blops is already out for certain countries. (AU NZ JP MN TW LA TH KH VN PH BN MY SG ID KR)

Urrggggggghhhhhhh. Not only is the work day dragging it's arse, by the time I get in and VPN it would be kind of pointless (well that and being stuck offline in a primarily online filled game) and probably be in the small hours of the morning. Then bloody work again tomorrow! No wonder CoD is always full of kids with their oddles of free time and no family commitments, antisocial buggers.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Ok I can see some usage of the image here.
351970_2015-10-24_000zxse8.jpg

Jawmuncher

Low Effort Street Fighter V story mode.
Not many are going to agree with me though. Because it's street fighter why should it matter.

Which is the obvious answer.

It's the only answer, because nobody in here knows when GMG will get the keys and send them out. GMG themselves may have no idea and that's the chance you take if you want to save some money and preorder from outside of Steam.

Low Effort Street Fighter V story mode.
Not many are going to agree with me though. Because it's street fighter why should it matter.

Low effort is still more than any Capcom fighter has ever had, so far as I can remember.
The rest have been pretty much "no effort" as it was arcade mode with intro and ending cutscenes (at best).
I think Aksys/ASW and Netherrealm are the only ones to really do a full "story" mode.

Salsa

good lord that trailer is almost a parody

what is this mass effect?

could you get more epic serious and less fallout-like even if you tried?

MOTHER OF F-----

I just got rear ended at the intersection right outside my office and my insurance company only accepts police accident reports from 10 am-1 pm and it's 2:50 pm now. Right on the weekend too so I can only catch them on Sunday.

Why did I decide to go out for lunch now!?

Sorry to hear that. Hope things get settled for you.

Let's stop giving XIII a bad rep in the first place.

Can't say it doesn't deserve it. But let's not get into that. There are only so many times I can wirte the same thing lol.

Grabbed RE Code Veronica from the PSN sale since I've given up waiting for a steam release. Hadn't played it since it launched on the Dreamcast.
RE fans who don't like it are crazy.

Pachimari

It's the only answer, because nobody in here knows when GMG will get the keys and send them out. GMG themselves may have no idea and that's the chance you take if you want to save some money and preorder from outside of Steam.
I'm totally fine with that. I got an all new Xbox and Halo 5 to tide me over until tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom