• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe consider a separate DLC/expansions category then? All DLC is not equal. Things like Blood & Wine or Arma 3 Apex are properly huge content updates that could warrant being a standalone game by themselves. It seems unfair to exclude them arbitrarily because they are a continuation of a previous game, especially in today's gaming landscape where everyone is just dying to latch onto the 'games as a service' model.

This is a pretty good idea. Every time a sale comes around, people ask if this or that DLC is worth it. And for good reason, considering most DLCs really aren't.

Would we look at season passes? Or break them into their component pieces? Theoretically, a game like the Witcher could land twice in the top 5 for DLCs.

And what would we call the Plague Knight expansion to Shovel Knight?

I just looke at Firewatch and The Witness numbers on Steam. Even though they are not same genre i think it is interesting to compare them. Firewatch is now at 420K sold copies and The Witness is at 140K. They both released at the same time but in my opinion price had huge impact on sales for both of those. I still think that The Witness would sold way better if price was 25-30$ instead of 40$.

That's a pretty figure for The Witness considering it hasn't had many deep sales yet. I bet when it eventually does fall in price, a lot of people will still want to snap it up. I know I do.

Meanwhile I grabbed Firewatch on day one and had no regrets.

I'm feeling like playing lately, so after Sniper Elite V2, I directly jumped on a game I always wanted to play. Batman Arkham Asylum. Been too long of it waiting in my backlog.
eOhSETm.jpg
BVtxR1g.jpg
Atmosphere is on point. Very dark and tense but still feels like a comic. Voice acting also is superb.
It holds up surprisingly well for an old game. Still in acclimation phase for the camera.

Prerendered cutscenes quality though, eurgh.

I'm feeling like playing lately, so after Sniper Elite V2, I directly jumped on a game I always wanted to play. Batman Arkham Asylum. Been too long of it waiting in my backlog.

Atmosphere is on point. Very dark and tense but still feels like a comic. Voice acting also is superb.
It holds up surprisingly well for an old game. Still in acclimation phase for the camera.

I was playing this a few weeks ago. I've really noticed that games in previous generations would have felt old within 3-4 years of release. And here I am playing Arkham Asylum, which feels nearly as good as any other game (minus the tippy top AAA releases these days) and it's already 7 years old.

It's really making the backloggery more enjoyable and rewarding, that's for sure.

mp1990

Banned
The 1070/1080 FTW cards' VRM temp can get hotter than comfortable, potentially overheating the adjacent VRAM which can't handle as much heat as the VRM.

The SC cards may also be affected, at least one person has had a 1060 SC that exploded where the VRM is located.
Well, mine is arriving in 3 days, so I'll be finding out soon enough! *nervous laughter*

iiicon

That Day of the Devs Steam bundle is great. Picked up Oxenfree (#1 on my 2016 list of shame), Day of the Tentacle (somehow never played this) and Grim Fandango (bought day 1 on my Vita) for just under $4 CDN.

Imagine for a second how underwhelming it would be to have a DLC be SteamGAF's GOTY... What about a free update for Rocket League, or a Dota 2 patch then?

Only separate categories would make sense.

On the other hand, you'd be saying "Sure, B&W might be the best thing most of SteamGAF played this year but we're going to exclude it anyway because of semantics". If B&W is longer than most games and better than most games, is it right to exclude it just because it looks odd to recognize an expansion/DLC?

Monooboe

Aaah Arkham Asylum one of the few games that I have played through more than once, and I've been thinking about playing it again. Not sure how it would be after going through all the other games in the series.

Corpekata

Banned
gonna be wired so i cna expect it to be fine maybe?

From what I was reading it still has issues with games that have native DS4 / Dinuput support. Basically it currently lacks the Exclusive Mode style function the third party software has.

Coreda

Yo y'all need Owlboy in your lives, game is great. Granted it has its irritating parts but at its best its charming and fun to play

...and yes it has Prinnies.

Read something in the OT about fuzzy fullscreen. Does it introduce AA to the scaling or something? Shovel Knight seemed to do it right.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Beta: This giveaway is a trivia giveaway. In your PM, include BOTH the ModBot code for the game you want AND the answer to the trivia question on the same line separated by a space. Capitalization and punctuation are not important. Here is a visual example of how to format your ModBot PM
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Dishonored 2 -- MB-7C66405E73284E9B - Taken by Coreda Trivia Question: What colour is Saoirse wearing On Chesil Beach?

t1478118444z1.png

yuraya

Has anyone played the bonus episodes in RE Revelations 2? I'm about to start on the last episode (4) and I was wondering if the bonus stuff should be played before it. Or is it something that is meant to be played after the story is done?

Corpekata

Banned
Has anyone played the bonus episodes in RE Revelations 2? I'm about to start on the last episode (4) and I was wondering if the bonus stuff should be played before it. Or is it something that is meant to be played after the story is done?

Played after.

It's also very short and not very good.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I dont even know how trivias work in modbot, never seen it

where do you put the anwser?

Endruen

I dont even know how trivias work in modbot, never seen it

where do you put the anwser?
It says how on ModBot's description.

- Beta: This giveaway is a trivia giveaway. In your PM, include BOTH the ModBot code for the game you want AND the answer to the trivia question on the same line separated by a space. Capitalization and punctuation are not important. Here is a visual example of how to format your ModBot PM

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
im blind and probably late anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom