• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
technically its a syberian husky and I bet ill get disqualified for being specific!

or for shitty dice rolls

Tizoc

Oh look it's a givea-

giphy.gif

Hah what Who episode is that?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I went with Doge.

Don't feel bad; even the local vet had him mischaracterised as a husky. But despite the relative inattentiveness, they actually sent out a card when they heard we had to put him down, so <3. He had a stroke overnight and could barely walk... it was not a good day.

zkylon

zkylewd
i don't know anything about dogs, jokes or memes or other saoirse weirdness, so i'm just gonna say astro was cute, whatever the hell he was

i'm still wondering if i should preorder disho2

game looks great but i feel like i haven't played anything other than league for the entire year

i mean, i have, i did beat parasite eve 2 and 3, but nothing new (or good) at least

Tizoc

So what breed was it oipic?

Bah I'm off to bed, don't want to try for another giveaway.
Good luck to all entrants :3

Most 1080p video streams like Blu-rays have the black bars as part of the image. So you'd have to crop those out and then zoom in on the resulting image.

The image would look bigger on the monitor but it wouldn't look better.

Great, thanks! Reasoning it out, if you watch a stream on a 21:9 monitor you cannot get rid of the bars?

gngf123

DoDonPachi Resurrection - 7,335 ±2,212

Kind of usual for shooting games these days on Steam, but it's a shame. It's a good game.

There's also this:
Blue Revolver: 2,969 ± 1,407

Which in my opinion is a massive shame. It's a really great STG. Right up there with the best of them.

i don't know anything about dogs, jokes or memes or other saoirse weirdness, so i'm just gonna say astro was cute, whatever the hell he was

i'm still wondering if i should preorder disho2

game looks great but i feel like i haven't played anything other than league for the entire year

i mean, i have, i did beat parasite eve 2 and 3, but nothing new at least

It'd be a good way to finish the year, some creative murder never hurts. And you can't ghost your way through a League match (or so I think)

Jawmuncher

Kind of usual for shooting games these days on Steam, but it's a shame. It's a good game.

There's also this:
Blue Revolver: 2,969 ± 1,407

Which in my opinion is a massive shame. It's a really great STG. Right up there with the best of them.

That's what happens when you don't have cards at launch

oipic

not sure how i feel about trivia

I quite like trivia! :)

Incidentally, I'm reading along on a strictly locked-down and secured corporate Blackberry where all images are blocked... So Stump may have provided a very timely textual helping hand there.

Blu(e)

I know the feeling >_>

made same mistake lol
I had plenty of time. Don't know why I was in such a rush to PM.
Don't feel bad; even the local vet had him mischaracterised as a husky. But despite the relative inattentiveness, they actually sent out a card when they heard we had to put him down, so <3. He had a stroke overnight and could barely walk... it was not a good day.

Sorry you had to go through that. My condolences.

iosefe

Incidentally, I'm reading along on a strictly locked-down and secured corporate Blackberry where all images are blocked... So Stump may have provided a very timely textual helping hand there.

"may have"

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me

Collusion! I knew it.

zkylon

zkylewd
actually i now remember i played like stardew valley and dark souls?

holy shit dark souls 3 was this year?

how why omfg i have lost all sense of time and place

i'm starting to feel like self imposed crunch for 7 straight months is a bad idea

It'd be a good way to finish the year, some creative murder never hurts. And you can't ghost your way through a League match (or so I think)
why would u ghost ur way thru disho2 tho

it's like super boring whenever you're not like purposely getting caught and messing with ai

I should probably get back into Dishonored 1, actually. And then play the DLC everybody says is so good (which I still need to buy).

Great, thanks! Reasoning it out, if you watch a stream on a 21:9 monitor you cannot get rid of the bars?

If you're referring to the bars on the side, no I don't think so, unless you're one of those heathens who just expands the image regardless of aspect ratio.

If the stream has bars on the bottom and top, you could zoom into that and make it fit your monitor better, but you'd probably end up with a blurrier result.

Dear Astro was indeed an Alaskan Malamute, bless him.

I put in just malamute, which may not have been good enough.

-Deimos

So you cheated. I demand a recount!

actually i now remember i played like stardew valley and dark souls?

holy shit dark souls 3 was this year?

how why omfg i have lost all sense of time and place

i'm starting to feel like self imposed crunch for 7 straight months is a bad idea

why would u ghost ur way thru disho2 tho

it's like super boring whenever you're not like purposely getting caught and messing with ai

Because you can. That's was the beautiful thing about Dishonored 1 for me, I could sneak, murder, be a ghost, be the world's worst stealth player, and all of those options were fun.

JaseC

Sorry you had to go through that. My condolences.

Cheers. All things considered, I'd say it has the dubious honour of being the worst day of my life, heh. But he lived a full life; ~15 years old, which is a very fair effort for a pure-bred AM. I was actually still in primary school when my brother got him from a workmate who wasn't home often enough to justify looking after a dog.

zkylon

zkylewd
oh yea the witness was this year also

see when you're making an abstract puzzle game and u play the witness you go like "well fuck i'm a worthless human being" and that's where 7 months of crunch came from

no regrets!

Because you can. That's was the beautiful thing about Dishonored 1 for me, I could sneak, murder, be a ghost, be the world's worst stealth player, and all of those options were fun.
idk i found everything except murdering boring in disho1

the setting was really cool but it was inhabited by mostly dull and unlikable people that didn't do much to keep me interested, and playing stealthy was like overpowered deus ex except without all the fun immersive sim stuff of throwing boxes in ai path and watching them get crazy

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Soma is thoroughly enjoyable so far. I love the atmosphere and the lore of the world. I'm excited to see how the rest of the story plays out.

kagamin

A bit late, but here's a quick recap of the sales of higher-profile games released in October. I probably missed some, and there is at last one game that was Early Access.

Great/Good
Sid Meier’s Civilization® VI - 1,001,441 ±25,810
Mafia III - 337,423 ±14,995
Five Nights at Freddy's: Sister Location - 164,345 ±10,468
Shadow Warrior 2 - 151,945 ±10,065
Farming Simulator 17 - 151,421 ±10,048
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 - 55,535 ±7,460
My Summer Car - 53,792 ± 5,989

Decent
Aragami - 34,406 ±4,790
Endless Space 2 - 30,564 ±4,515
Oh...Sir! The Insult Simulator - 29,341 ±4,423
SHENZHEN I/O - 24,451 ±4,038
The Jackbox Party Pack 3 - 16,068 ±3,273
Thumper - 14,671 ±3,128

Bad/Bomba
Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour - 8,558 ±2,389
DoDonPachi Resurrection - 7,335 ±2,212
Yomawari: Night Alone - 5,065 ±1,838
Higurashi When They Cry - Ch.4 Himatsubushi - 3,668 ±1,564
The Silver Case - 2,620 ±1,321
Just Dance 2017 - 1,921 ±1,132

I still think it's too early to call on Yomawari, I'd also like to know what the sales are for these kinds of games generally.

xezuru

Yeah, I guessed "alaskan malamute" as well. My dream breed if could afford to even feed myself rofl. Awesome giveaways, and surely an awesome doge.

JaseC

Damn, 15 years?

Condolences though, sounds like it was a trying time :(

Ta. I knew he was on borrowed time despite my jokes that he preferred to drink from the "fountain of youth" (i.e. a water feature imported from Bali years earlier), but I just assumed it'd be a gradual thing. Of course, I'm glad I was there for his final moments. It sucked, but at least I got to say goodbye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom