• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

AFYf6b7.jpg

Oh Blue
I entered green cuz when I went to the Seahorsey twitter account there was a green banner :V

iiicon

I went with Florence, the name of that colour and of her character in the book, because I thought the answer would be a bit cheeky.

yuraya

Played after.

It's also very short and not very good.

Thnxs. I started reading the descriptions and it sounded like prequel lore stuff so I quickly stopped to not get spoiled. Sucks to hear its not good but I'm enjoying the story and characters a lot so I will still do them after finishing it :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Isn't it more of a teal?

I guess.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Dishonored 2 -- MB-5D36363DEF6E67F1 - Taken by Wok. 52 entrants total.

t1478119967z1.png

Giveaway #2 for Dishonored 2 that will hopefully tie me over until Styx 2. 2.

Granjinha

Yo y'all need Owlboy in your lives, game is great. Granted it has its irritating parts but at its best its charming and fun to play

...and yes it has Prinnies.

Something along the lines of a Telltale game or a PnC game :p

Those guys are SO GOOD <3

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
After three and a half years of playing this stupid game, I finally 100% completed Bit.Trip Runner 2. *phew* The stupid Triple Perfect + challenge (which requires you to get 100% on every level on every difficulty and succeed at the end-of-level bonus game, which is basically a coin flip, so look forward to playing each level on every difficulty several times) took me probably literally half of my playtime. I got Hard Perfect in like 6-7 hours, then Triple Perfect in another few hours, and then maybe 13-15 for Triple Perfect + :(

Wok

The Humble Monthly would be 10x better if there were leaks or hints on which games are included. I hate complete blind buys so much.

We already know there will be Stardew Valley, an Humble Original with a keyboard, and... I guess... The Day of the Tentacles.

Cth

I just looke at Firewatch and The Witness numbers on Steam. Even though they are not same genre i think it is interesting to compare them. Firewatch is now at 420K sold copies and The Witness is at 140K. They both released at the same time but in my opinion price had huge impact on sales for both of those. I still think that The Witness would sold way better if price was 25-30$ instead of 40$.

http://venturebeat.com/2016/01/29/t...athan-blow-warns-itll-impact-future-projects/

According to Blow, price didn't impact it much. I'd say the same thing with No Man's Sky. There's a segment of people who price doesn't matter, then there's the segment that buys based on that group's hype, and so forth.

Firewatch was a buggy mess at launch for what it's worth.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I think Firewatch is easier to sell to people than the Witness (all things being equal an adventure game built around an interactive story is a lot broader than a high-minded and complex puzzle game), and it's half the price, and it's had more discounts. I also think Firewatch benefitted more from E3 2015 than The Witness did from being at the PS4 unveil in 1971.

Also for all people complaining about length and value, I actually think there's a large group of people for whom a 3-4 hour game is actually a better value than a 10-12 hour game at the same price, because there's a pretty big enjoyment premium to actually being able to make progress and beat a game when your time is scarcer than your money.

For example, my wife and I played Firewatch together in two sittings. We also played the Witness together, but sorta fell off the wagon after 4-5 sittings. It just comes down to how we structure our time.

Knurek

Game 79: Umineko: When They Cry - started on 24.09.2016, finished on 02.11.2016 (69:55) - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
uminekoaasql.jpg

Well... I guess I got my money's worth with this game.

Tizoc

Heh I knew I should've gotten back to the thread to see if Jase put up another giveaway like before :p
Ah well congrats to Wok, hope you enjoy it :D

I'm feeling like playing lately, so after Sniper Elite V2, I directly jumped on a game I always wanted to play. Batman Arkham Asylum. Been too long of it waiting in my backlog.

Atmosphere is on point. Very dark and tense but still feels like a comic. Voice acting also is superb.
It holds up surprisingly well for an old game. Still in acclimation phase for the camera.

Prerendered cutscenes quality though, eurgh.

I just had a random thought. You have a 21:9 monitor, yes? When you're watching a movie on that do you get the fullest 1080p resolution possible? Is it clearer than a 16:9 monitor because that ratio has black bars on the top and bottom? Do you get what I mean?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Beta: This giveaway is a trivia giveaway. In your PM, include BOTH the ModBot code for the game you want AND the answer to the trivia question on the same line separated by a space. Capitalization and punctuation are not important. Here is a visual example of how to format your ModBot PM
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Dishonored 2 -- MB-909CCA99B47A7238 - Taken by oipic. 49 entrants total. Trivia Question: What breed is Astro?

t1478121856z1.png

Sadly, Astro is no longer with us. But his doofus-es-ness lives on in the form of retrospective appreciation.

Here is a bonus photo of a sea lion that I stumbled upon the other day.

I just had a random thought. You have a 21:9 monitor, yes? When you're watching a movie on that do you get the fullest 1080p resolution possible? Is it clearer than a 16:9 monitor because that ratio has black bars on the top and bottom? Do you get what I mean?

Most 1080p video streams like Blu-rays have the black bars as part of the image. So you'd have to crop those out and then zoom in on the resulting image.

The image would look bigger on the monitor but it wouldn't look better.

Kaleinc

Banned
Half of Firewatch playtime contributed by losing progress after falling through textures. That was aNNOying.

Kifimbo

A bit late, but here's a quick recap of the sales of higher-profile games released in October. I probably missed some, and there is at last one game that was Early Access.

Great/Good
Sid Meier’s Civilization® VI - 1,001,441 ±25,810
Mafia III - 337,423 ±14,995
Five Nights at Freddy's: Sister Location - 164,345 ±10,468
Shadow Warrior 2 - 151,945 ±10,065
Farming Simulator 17 - 151,421 ±10,048
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 - 55,535 ±7,460
My Summer Car - 53,792 ± 5,989

Decent
Aragami - 34,406 ±4,790
Endless Space 2 - 30,564 ±4,515
Oh...Sir! The Insult Simulator - 29,341 ±4,423