• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monooboe

you know what else was this year?

Dragon's Dogma on Steam

I was thinking about this earlier today, that I'm little conflicted about it, I mean as much as I love the game, it isn't on my list for GOTY this year because this was my third time playing it, after having it on consoles, but I still want it to get recognized on the STEAM GOTY.

soldier-fruit.jpg

latest

This is a thread about videogames.

Was it ever really?

Eila

I still think it's too early to call on Yomawari, I'd also like to know what the sales are for these kinds of games generally.

Another game of theirs HTOL#NIQ: THE FIREFLY DIARY Owners: 5,589 ± 1,930
Dunno about their expectations or Vita sales, but I doubt it's a hundred thousand seller there.

zkylon

zkylewd
hey now

mobas are cool

at least my moba

not the other hipster moba that doesn't want to be called itself moba

also maggots, gross

Endless Space 2 - 30,564 ±4,515

This one should tick up a lot more when it's out of early access, as the October launch was just that. Missing a lot of features right now still, and they released the Endless Legend expansion just the week after (plus Endless Legend was on sale the week ES2 early access launched?). Personally I just went for the Tempest, the EL expansion, and I'll wait a bit before picking Endless Space 2 up. Would've been too much 4X at once.

-----

Debating buying this month's Humble Monthly. Have had Stardew since like week 1 of launch, but it might be nice to gift to someone. Not sure what else they could possibly put in there though that would be good.

It took 3 months, but I finally beat Earth in Adventure Capitalist, unlocked the last achievements, and got 5000 gold:

Didn't spend a dime (
assuming that my time is worthless
), but the recently added daily rewards did help speed up the process.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Started Ryse earlier tonight and just completed it

Boring, monotonous shite.

Terrible boss battles too

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Crystal Towers 2 XL -- MB-E62C0557A02AC515 - Taken by Purkake4

I should probably get back into Dishonored 1, actually. And then play the DLC everybody says is so good (which I still need to buy).

If you're referring to the bars on the side, no I don't think so, unless you're one of those heathens who just expands the image regardless of aspect ratio.

If the stream has bars on the bottom and top, you could zoom into that and make it fit your monitor better, but you'd probably end up with a blurrier result.

I put in just malamute, which may not have been good enough.

The scenario is, if the top and bottom black bars are embedded in the video for watching on 16:9 screens, what happens watching on a 21:9? I would be surprised if they were truly unavoidable and still showed on a ultra-wide screen.

Is there a guide how to map the DualShock 4 keys in Steam from the new update? I want to know how to map trackpad and gyro funtions in games that support it on PS4. Is the lightbar affected too?

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
are her hands dogs

that's fucked up, man

rtcn63

I don't think I could ever do with anything but a mid-tower sadly. It's mostly due to PSU choices and storage- EVERY external hard drive option (including docks) has a catch. I've been using Seagates as the lesser of evils considering cost, and from now on, I'll just gonna buy fucking SSDs and WD blacks to stick inside the case. The Seagates will remain solely for backup and archival.

Don't feel bad; even the local vet had him mischaracterised as a husky. But despite the relative inattentiveness, they actually sent out a card when they heard we had to put him down, so <3. He had a stroke overnight and could barely walk... it was not a good day.
Sorry to hear. Sounds like you made great memories with your doggy and those will never die. Thanks for all the fish btw.
I just had a random thought. You have a 21:9 monitor, yes? When you're watching a movie on that do you get the fullest 1080p resolution possible? Is it clearer than a 16:9 monitor because that ratio has black bars on the top and bottom? Do you get what I mean?
Yes I do have a 21:9 2560x1080 monitor. I think i understand what you mean. For movies it depends on the aspect ratio it was shot in really. Normally movies are in 21:9 format so they fill up the whole screen without any borders. There are outliers which have an even wider aspect ratio but they are rare.
In terms of clarity it depends on the movie really. I don't have blurays so I can't comment on those but for example 21:9 videos on Youtube can have varying resolutions between 1920x816 and a full 2560x1080. Later will look crisper naturally. I didn't notice any drastic change in image quality from watching 21:9 movies on my old 16:9 1080p monitor to this one if that was your question. Probably since like I mentioned, there is 21:9 content which has 1920 pixels in width which fits perfect on standard 16:9 monitors.

What does absolutely change is gaming. It's just great. Positively surprised to see how many even older games works very nicely on 21:9 and native resolution - or even downscaling :p
In terms of movies I also love the absent of borders. Having the whole screen fill up with the actual movie is very cool.
Started Ryse earlier tonight and just completed it

Boring, monotonous shite.

Terrible boss battles too
Had to stop after the first level, upon reaching the shores by ship.

Never have I played such a boring trite before. What a waste of thousands of man-hours.

Werd

Anyone ever heard of Steam causing intermittent 1-2 second freezes? I've been getting them every 5-15 minutes in some games (Dark Souls 3, RE4, Assault Android Cactus, etc.) since I upgraded from my old AMD card. I say Steam because half of what I play are Blizzard games (SC2, HotS, D3) and it's never occurred during them, but maybe that's a coincidence.

EVGA 1070 SC which I think is part of the VRAM heat issue, but I didn't see this as a sympton for that.

rtcn63

Anyone ever heard of Steam causing intermittent 1-2 second freezes? I've been getting them every 5-15 minutes in some games (Dark Souls 3, RE4, Assault Android Cactus, etc.) since I upgraded from my old AMD card. I say Steam because half of what I play are Blizzard games (SC2, HotS, D3) and it's never occurred during them, but maybe that's a coincidence.

EVGA 1070 SC which I think is part of the VRAM heat issue, but I didn't see this as a sympton for that.

Do you have Nvidia Geforce experience installed? Disable shadowplay maybe? If you're on Win10, try disabling Xbox DVR.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
"Think to Die" might actually be the most Desura video game on Steam. When you launch it you get three dialogues asking if you want to turn off effects--not just on first launch, every launch--the third of which is just a page of text explaining you can skip levels by pressing F10. Half the options on the main menu don't do anything. You start the game, and immediately you're struck by the fact that nothing you're looking at makes sense. It has a very jarring and hard to scan look. The effects are very weird. The gameplay is 2d and single screen, but when you move the camera kinda wobbles for some reason. Most of the puzzles are physics based and I've cheesed as many as I've solved so far. It's also made with Unity Personal Edition. Also the text appears to be written by someone who is not fluent in English.

Wok

"Think to Die" might actually be the most Desura video game on Steam. When you launch it you get three dialogues asking if you want to turn off effects--not just on first launch, every launch--the third of which is just a page of text explaining you can skip levels by pressing F10. Half the options on the main menu don't do anything. You start the game, and immediately you're struck by the fact that nothing you're looking at makes sense. It has a very jarring and hard to scan look. The effects are very weird. The gameplay is 2d and single screen, but when you move the camera kinda wobbles for some reason. Most of the puzzles are physics based and I've cheesed as many as I've solved so far. It's also made with Unity Personal Edition. Also the text appears to be written by someone who is not fluent in English.

I think it is a demo for TtD 2, which was released a few weeks after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom