• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sendou

There is an achievement hunter group, but it seems to be invite only. You could try the game's Steam forums, maybe there are some people who also want to do the MP achievements

Ah that's not the problem. You just have to own the DLC packs to get them :x The actual achievements are easy.

You should downsample, the IQ is so darn good.

The texture work is phenomenal for a 2009 game.
I already am. The shots are what I'm playing at, 3840x1620 downscaled to 2560x1080. Agree with you on textures totally.

One thing though. The Physx implementation is a bit wonky. I had a moment where the framerate chugged down to less than a single frame per second on a Scarecrow level where tons of debris got sucked in the air and started circulating there. Not sure why this is happening. Also, walking through fog significantly drops frames. It's pretty wild how this got OK'd or if it's a bug on newer systems/hardware.
I wish we could get a semi-linear superhero game like Arkham Asylum again. Marvel should use that formula for some of their heroes. I mean, open-world makes sense for Spidey and the Avengers, but they could also do a smaller game set on The Raft (Marvel supervillain prison) or something.
Yep, the linear design with hubs to explore freely and the ability to backtrack with new gagdet to get to previously inaccessible places works very well. Best of both worlds really. Super tight pacing with enough freedom.

I'm still looking forward to how the open-world design in Arkham City pans out. People seem to prefer that one, so I'm shocked to see a game which is even better than this!
*** FROM USER

*** FROM DEV

*** FROM USER

*** FROM DEV

Truly, what a horrible person
/s
Yeah, never is smart to judge fully and finally on a single piece of info and on top of that on the internet where things can get skewed heavily very easy.
Seems consoles are becoming more and more like PCs...
Always wondered why devs didn't offer such options on consoles. Assumed it was a platform holder regulation not to.
This is great and gets me much more interested in consoles. More devs should do this honestly.

redlacs

There is an achievement hunter group, but it seems to be invite only. You could try the game's Steam forums, maybe there are some people who also want to do the MP achievements

if you're reffering to 100% achievement group, that group is open to anyone. there's this weird bug that it will say "membership by invite only" after you join. don't ask me why, though. ticket was submitted ages ago, valve did not deliver

Endruen

Activision sure is looking good these days.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=222757503&postcount=408

AAA gaming will soon look like Mobile gaming across the board.

EA right now:
giphy.gif

Teeth

Unless Ni-Oh ends up like the Helldivers situation...this bodes poorly for a PC release.

At least the PS4pro version looks like it will have 60fps at a decent IQ.

MUnited83

For you.
Sony is publishing Ni-Oh in the west

rip pc version

Not necessarily (albeit it makes it a little less likely). Ip still belongs to Koei Tecmo, Koei Tecmo still has publishing rights for the Japanese/Asian version. They might have rights for the PC version too. Hard to know without being privy to the deal arranged.

Granjinha

Yeah well Spike Chunsoft are publishing 999+VLR on Steam :V

did 999+VLR get published by sony/ninty or anything? lol

Wilder things have happened.
Helldivers, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture

szSzuXR.png

NiOh will come.

those games are much smaller in scope.

Not necessarily (albeit it makes it a little less likely). Ip still belongs to Koei Tecmo, Koei Tecmo still has publishing rights for the Japanese/Asian version. They might have rights for the PC version too. Hard to know without being privy to the deal arranged.

oh c'mon

not a little, a lot

Corpekata

Banned
Yeah, I'm hopping off the Ni-Oh is getting a port bandwagon now.

With the technical options available if it ends up being good I'll snag it on PS4. After which it will promptly be announced for PC.

those games are much smaller in scope.
Point is not the budget but how much they were pushed as exclusives on Sony's platform and still landed on PC. I don't see nearly as much of a "Playstation Exclusive" marketing push with NiOh which ought to be shouted from the rooftops by Sony if that was the case.
It's definitely not good news for a multiplatfrom release but not an absolute no-show confirmation either. Coming days and weeks will show what the real deal is.

Nzyme32

Sony is publishing Ni-Oh in the west

rip pc version

Wilder things have happened.
Helldivers, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture

szSzuXR.png

NiOh will come.

Wouldn't be so sure on this. My take is that it was going to be on PC quite a long while back, but somewhere along the line Sony have got involved. I think it is doubtful at this point that there will be a PC port.

Also on point - Death Stranding will likely be a Sony Published game on consoles, yet it will get a PC version "later", so it isn't utterly impossible, just unlikely

Monooboe

Ehm, anyone else having troubles with Steam? It got rid of all my categories and unhid all my hidden games.o_O Also, checking my profile it says I have 0 games haha.

Grief.exe

Wouldn't be so sure on this. My take is that it was going to be on PC quite a long while back, but somewhere along the line Sony have got involved. I think it is doubtful at this point that there will be a PC port.

There's no way to know what the contract entails, but this is the safe opinion to have as it's the most likely outcome at this point.

It's not like KT has had significant success on PC, we are aware that is due to their own struggles with port quality.

Why are people so obsessed with Nioh? (I know absolutely nothing about it)

It's basically samurai Souls, the game would be very successful on PC.

Hektor

Why are people so obsessed with Nioh? (I know absolutely nothing about it)

It's Dark Souls in a japanese mythological Setting, altho with a different combat and slightly different Skillsystem.

And the two ps4 demos so far were really good.

Tizoc

Eh I'm a blind optimist so I'm just saying that just cuz Sony is publishing it only for PS4, it don't mean KOEI Tecmo couldn't publish it on PC themselves should they want to (or Bamco even).

gngf123

Yeah, I'm having problems with Steam too. Seems like server problems. Everything is very slow and occasionally doesn't load.

I guess it'll be a long wait until the PC announcement, or maybe never. Was hoping for a simultaneous release.

Yeah, I'm hopping off the Ni-Oh is getting a port bandwagon now.

With the technical options available if it ends up being good I'll snag it on PS4. After which it will promptly be announced for PC.

Yeah, it's already 60fps on PS4. There's absolutely no reason for us to wait for PC version unless we don't have a PS4.

Yeah, I'm having problems with Steam too. Seems like server problems. Everything is very slow and occasionally doesn't load.

I had errors when uploading screenshots just now. Restarting Steam seems to fixed the issue.

Edit: Maybe not. It's still error.

Hektor

Coop/multiplayer? Magic?

Coop is in there, multiplayer is only in there as so far you can summon dead peoples corpes (But those would still be ai controlled), magic seems to be more of an addendum to the rest of your combat skills rather than being able to play full mage.

Parsnip

I think Nioh will come to Steam a little later and KT will publish that version themselves.
It doesn't seem like Sony bought the IP or anything.

Speaking of games that are on Playstation, I'm playing Azure Dreams and wondering if there are any similar games on PC.

not sure how im feeling about REmake tbh, maybe sometimes you cant go back.

Great level, visual and sound design but awful controls (new or old it doesnt really matter) and the ridiculous inventory system are doing my head in.

I even get what they were going for (originally that is, not in the remake) but no. Make it so I cant carry enough ammo or health kits, whatever you want to pretend to make it harder, dont make it so I cant cary a lighter (for example) because it takes 1 slot in your awful inventory system, the same slot as a shotgun. Or a key. Nobody likes encumberance and this is encumberance from hell.

Maybe I should give RE4 more credit, at least that one had a much better inventory whilst still keeping with the limit idea, I never felt frustrated with that one and I played it recently.

Also the game is basically a 3d point and click adventure, I forgot how much like those it was back then. Of course point and click adventures dont limit you to 6 items :p

I loved it back then you know... but I was a stupid kid so what did I know >_>

Just play with knife only and you never have to worry about not having space. :p

gngf123

I had errors when uploading screenshots just now. Restarting Steam seems to fixed the issue.

Yeah. I tried that, still fails to load here too.

Seems to be mostly the Steam community features that are broken right now though, so at least most of Steam still works.

MUnited83

For you.
I guess it'll be a long wait until the PC announcement, or maybe never. Was hoping for a simultaneous release.

Yeah, it's already 60fps on PS4. There's absolutely no reason for us to wait for PC version unless we don't have a PS4.

The game looks like shit on the 60fps mode, so there's absolutely a reason to wait for a PC version.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Huh, I didn't realise Infinite Warfare and MWR were unlocking tonight. I had it in my head that they were releasing on the fifth.

gabbo

Fun fact: Canada-Steam uses the same weird C$ symbol in the client, for wallet money. I want to say the store did too for a long time, but eventually migrated over to the (more correct) CDN$.

I still don't understand where either of them are getting it from. Maybe no other "C" country uses dollars, which makes it unambiguous? That's all I can think of.

FYI, The Technomancer made a thread on the RPS article and its reception. If you haven't read the article he does a much better job than me at highlighting the article's info.

That thread is more civil than I'd have imagined

Durante

I always play pure mage in Souls, so while this looks interesting to me it's on a lower tier of interest.

Well, yeah. 60fps compromises IQ anyway.
It does, but the compromises you make to get 60 FPS with 2 TFlops at your disposal (or 4 for that matter) are different from those you make with, say, 10 TF ;)

Jawmuncher

Problem I have with nioh is that release date. Tired of a crowded ass February. I know a lot of gamers are single, but you don't gotta drive that point home companies by crowding the month.

I'm playing Resident Evil 7, and by the time I'm done with that it'll be Persona 5 time. If nioh had a different release date, it would have been day 1.

Knurek

I always play pure mage in Souls, so while this looks interesting to me it's on a lower tier of interest.

It does, but the compromises you make to get 60 FPS with 2 TFlops at your disposal (or 4 for that matter) are different from those you make with, say, 10 TF ;)

We all know console FLOPS are at least 4 times better than PC FLOPS, Durante.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom