• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
im a bit stuck on REmake.

Ive just killed the
snake, but it had the third death mask. im missing 1 mask (the full one) so I cant do that guy, and all the locked doors I have left are for the helmet key which I dont have, one has a spencer logo which I also cant open and the last one needs something from the coffin guy.

sooooo... now what? running around in circles killing the ocasional red zombie is kinda killing the momentuum I had going

edit: noteworthy items wise, I have a locked box that says I need to take it to where the sun shines, and a wind crest (which I thought it was one of the 2 you need for the locked door in the main hall but I cant use it there)

Hektor

The last dungeon in FFX is tearing me apart. I'm so close to beating it, yet I keep losing my party to random mobs bc I get ambushed during inopportune moments. This is almost playing like a SMT game at this point, where I get whipped out before I even have a chance to react.

I bet it's the Marlboros

MadGear

edit: noteworthy items wise, I have a locked box that says I need to take it to where the sun shines, and a wind crest (which I thought it was one of the 2 you need for the locked door in the main hall but I cant use it there)

Take a closer look at the locked box, sometimes looking at things from a different perspective helps.

And wow, you can actually kill that snake? When Richard got eaten by that thing I didn't expect that you can kill it and just ran.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
How come nobody told me that Final Fantasy Dimensions 2 was a thing that's happening?

I consider the first one to be one of my favorite spin-off games in the series.

gelf

REmake spoilers

so if you take the
serum with you to the snake fight and use it afterwards I assume you dont get this little cutscene of someone rescuing you and waking up in the safe room
?

just want to know if its worth reloading or not, if it changes anything
You can't even pick up the serum when your not poisoned so you can't change that short of not getting bitten at all.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Take a closer look at the locked box, sometimes looking at things from a different perspective helps.

I looked at it from every angle :(

on top it has the dun and moon and says it opens when the sun shines, or something. One angle has a button to press but nothing happens.

edit: oh ffs each side is a button bah. Assumed I had to take it somewhere, thanks. 4th mask now, time to move on

You can't even pick up the serum when your not poisoned so you can't change that short of not getting bitten at all.

what do you mean? I had the
serum to save the guy, but the guy ended up dying anyway and I kept the serum

I actually died and had to reload anyway and didnt get hit / poisoned this time around so its all moot lol

Parsnip

speaking of RE, REmake is growing on me now that ive gotten over the initial old school systems (some of which are still terrible) shock. The box helps, and fuck playing Chris, but its better now.

One thing im noticing tho is im always very low on ammo, dunno how you guys said theres a ton of ammo, are you thinking of RE4 or something? atm Ive got 3 shotgun blats, 15 pistol (because I JUST found a clip which I hadnt in ages, in the bit where you find the grenade launcher) and 6 grenade launcher shells (actually 12 because I have the 6 that barry gave me in the box). Thats still not amazing considering those red zombies keep popping up all the time (they sure pop up much earlier than in the original dont they?). Health wise I got a fuckload of items, but that wont help much if I cant kill shit lol.

Anyway off to the snake I guess, with 2 death masks done on the other side of the manor. Level design is still fantastic, as is the sound/music. Graphics hold up nicely, the pre-rendered backgrounds and fixed perspectives help I guess. I actually prefer this than the RE4 onward full 3d approach (well technically Code Veronica onward).

Hopefully I wont get to a point where im out of ammo and cant proceed because that would mean me calling it on the game, im not fucking restarting this, im not liking it THAT much (im liking it fine, more now like I said, but yeah, im not restarting to save ammo or to lower the difficulty)
I hope you are not killing every zombie you come across.

You have to open the sunshine box, you don't need a key. I think you just rotate it and press the half-heart symbols.

edit: Oh you saw it just now, good work.

Rhaknar

I am killing every zombie. Zombies are to be killed. They are zombies.

if your point is "youre just making it so youll have more red zombies", well...yeah Ive noticed that now >_>

Tizoc

jshackles can you please check that my donation was collected? I added in my steamid when I donated
I want to be sure as I don't remember whether I paid with paypal or directly :p If I hadn't donated I'll donate soon.

25 min until Monthly Bundle reveal. I'm hoping for Owlboy, Hard West, Gang Beasts, Invisible Inc. and some crappy Monthly original along with demo.

Parsnip

I am killing every zombie. Zombies are to be killed. They are zombies.

if your point is "youre just making it so youll have more red zombies", well...yeah Ive noticed that now >_>

That, and it explains why your ammo situation is not superb.
If I were you I'd try to conserve a little, try dodging at least the ones in more spacious hallways. Probably not going to dodge any of the crimson heads though.

http://www.beerlake.net/webm/remaster-crimson.webm

Nabs

25 min until Monthly Bundle reveal. I'm hoping for Owlboy, Hard West, Gang Beasts, Invisible Inc. and some crappy Monthly original along with demo.

Invis Inc would be nice. Come on Hyper Light Drifter, you know you want to be in this bundle.

Instead it'll be a bunch of stuff we own or don't want to play :(

MadGear

these fucking dogs are the worst

Someone recommended me to never waste shotgun ammo on them but trying to fight two of them with just the gun feels impossible without getting hit a couple of times. In that case I prefer wasting shotgun ammo to kill one off as quickly as possible.

kills you in 2 grabs=barely do damage. ok then

Are you shacking them off by wiggling the stick left to right? I didn't do that for the first hour of the game and always took the full damage ... .

Rhaknar

Someone recommended me to never waste shotgun ammo on them but trying to fight two of them with just the gun feels impossible without getting hit a couple of times. In that case I prefer wasting shotgun ammo to kill one off as quickly as possible.´

Are you shacking them off by wiggling the stick left to right? I didn't do that for the first hour of the game and always took the full damage ... .

this particular room (well courtyard) had 3 so yeah gun wasnt doing it, even the shotgun isnt doing much because it randomly knocks them down or not. Ive been pressing the buttons like mad to get off, I didnt know you were supposed to wiggle the stick. left stick or right? I assume left

arent you edgy? I didnt know gaf was a mmo general chat now.

I... don't mean to be edgy? I was just saying you keep complaining about the game so maybe play something else. Lord knows SteamGAF has a huge library. But if you think I'm being edgy sure I can be an edgy shitlord.

"Complete Collection" option is finally a thing?

I've been out of the loop for so long that I only randomly found this today, just in time to get Day of the Tentacle Remastered for 104 yens.

is this an option on steam, or it is just for certain titles? I'm not seeing it anywhere :/

edit: nm I see it now, doh. I guess I have to go into each game's page

MadGear

this particular room (well courtyard) had 3 so yeah gun wasnt doing it, even the shotgun isnt doing much because it randomly knocks them down or not. Ive been pressing the buttons like mad to get off, I didnt know you were supposed to wiggle the stick. left stick or right? I assume left

Yes, the left stick. I guess you have been involuntarily playing on a "hard mode" so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom