• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgen

Great giveaways people! Many thanks to everyone who is doing one :D

Anyway I just noticed that I was running all my games with my integrated Intel GPU instead of my Nvidia GPU... after 30 minutes of downloading the last drivers and crashing my PC trying to install them (bless windows 10) I can say now that I'm using my geforce and what a difference in performance! (and I¡m only talking about TWD: Michonne here hahaha).

I'll probably finish the game tomorrow and then the next will be Oxenfree or A Tale of Two Sons if I fix my Wii U Pro controller issues :)

madjoki

8mBAB5k.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Flips360, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Rebel Galaxy -- MB-9E1C6458E2C96BF6 - Taken by Dongs Macabre. 27 entrants total.
Pirate Pop Plus -- MB-6154FB3DD22D71AE - Taken by voodooray. 10 entrants total.

t1478290439z1.png

Tellaerin

i liked Morrowind but didn't enjoy Oblivion or Skyrim

i do already own it and have been meaning to play it... but i might wait til Monday to see if they're releasing some sort of remastered edition.

if they don't - any must-have mods besides controller support?

I'm late to weigh in on this, but the Mass Effect games are worth playing with kb/m on PC. They actually reworked the UI for kb/m instead of making people try to navigate the gamepad interface with a keyboard, and I think it worked really well - arguably better than using a controller, IMO. At the very least it's worth trying out that way to see what you think.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I'm late to weigh in on this, but the Mass Effect games are worth playing with kb/m on PC. They actually reworked the UI for kb/m instead of making people try to navigate the gamepad interface with a keyboard, and I think it worked really well - arguably better than using a controller, IMO. At the very least it's worth trying out that way to see what you think.

i appreciate it, but if it's not for a Civ-like game or competitive Overwatch, i always pick controller when available

Tizoc

The point of Autumn sales is to hit the post thanksgiving Black Friday / Cyber Monday atmosphere.

Ah yeah I keep forgetting about those, and it would be good for anyone unable to buy stuff during the Winter Seal.

Speaking of which, anyone here good with photoshop/image editting?
Need help in making the Winter Seal banner.

Madn

I think that for bigger games I'm interested in I'll just wait forever until they are featured in the Humble Monthly. This one makes the second I get (first one being the bundle with Rocket League).
Is there anything i should know before plunging in Dragon's Dogma? Will my experience with the Souls game be of any help? Or should I just go in blind and enjoy the ride?

Hm-hm. Rebel Galaxy and Styx. I need to look if I can find spares.

I got you on Rebel Galaxy. I can't remember if I have Styx or not off the top of my head.

I don't think I do. I remember playing it as a PS+ free game and really wanting to like it but wishing there was a quick save button. It can be pretty hard in the early parts, as far as stealth games go.

Especially if you've been comforted by the super forgiving modern stealth genre.

That was last months. I unsubscribed for that month and just resubbed and got it for 10.80

Did you subscribe for the Stardew one? If not, is the price 10,80 for Dragons Dogma?

I subscribed to Grim Dawn, unsubscribed afterwards so didn't get Stardew. I have a 10% off for new subscribers from the Humble Gems Bundle. However, when I try to get Dragon's Dogma it says $12.

MadGear

Hm, I might also subscribe for next months Monthly to get Dragon's Dogma. If everything else in that bundle ends up being complete garbage at least it wouldn't bother me much (I'm very prone to buyers remorse). However I'll wait for some of the upcoming bundles to get my 10% discount.

Nzyme32

What's the point of an Autumn sale btw?
For that matter how reliable is this info?

The point of Autumn sales is to hit the post thanksgiving Black Friday / Cyber Monday atmosphere.

Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Boring Tuesday.

I think that Autumn Sale is actually going to be Discovery Update 2.0 Sale, much like when the store was changed with the last discovery update.

Also there will be a Game Awards Sale soon after that.

Wok

The art direction for that game is crazy good. No idea if the gameplay is on par with the art, I mean, it is a visual novel.

Nillansan

The art direction for that game is crazy good. No idea if the gameplay is on par with the art.

Not sure either. The game is apparently directed by a team of 11-15 year olds as a part of a summer camp called, Girls Make Games (sounds like an awesome initiative). Programming, art direction and composing responsibilities is handed off to a group who are well versed in game development. Not surprising that the art direction is excellent, Reimena Yee is a great artist.

I need to start internet panhandling, minimum specs for most games coming out this year have already left my system in the dust (Phenom II X4 and a 7850)

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
ModBot said:
Instructions for jon bones:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (jon bones, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Odallus: The Dark Call -- MB-D5AC0371BDB0DCA6 - Taken by Endruen. 4 entrants total.
Technobabylon -- MB-1E821A2EF07A8FA9 - Taken by Erebus. 7 entrants total.

t1478303413z1.png
did that work?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Enhanced Steam has been updated to version 9.0. This release includes the following new features and bug fixes:
  • Added an option to hide the "Empty Wishlist" button on users wishlist pages
  • Added additional search filtering options to hide games based on mixed or negative review scores
  • Added a search filter to exclude items over a certain price
  • Added a search filter to exclude user-selectable tags from search results
  • Added a feature that dims unlocked achievement icons on progress pages
  • Adds an "Add Nickname" button to profiles of users you're not currently friends with
  • Added SteamTrades icon to user's Steam profile pages
  • Added sort and view options to other user's badge pages
  • Added market links and pricing information to inventory items with market restrictions
  • Fixed a bug where some homepage elements weren't highlighted correctly
  • Fixed a bug on workshop items where the media slider could distort images in some cases
  • Fixed a bug where the link filter wouldn't be disabled properly in modal boxes
  • Fixed a bug that caused the user profile Twitch integration to fail in some circumstances
This update is available for Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Chrome users should see the extension update itself automatically within the next 60 minutes. Firefox users will update on their browser's regular update schedule, or by selecting "Check for updates" on their addons screen.

Note for Firefox users - some features of Enhanced Steam are not yet working with versions of Firefox less than version 50. For example, custom profile backgrounds and Early Access banners aren't working from steamcommunity.com pages. Most of these features are re-enabled by using Firefox 50 or above, or will be re-enabled at a future date. Firefox 50 is scheduled to be released on November 15th.

A new test build for Microsoft Edge will be coming in the next few days.

As always, please let me know if you encounter any issues with this release.

Powerpuff

jLhiIFx.png

THE LAST BLADE and SHOCK TROOPERS 2nd Squad keys have been added to the Humble NEOGEO 25th Anniversary Bundle...

"Keys are temporarily exhausted for this product"

...or will be soon.

Nzyme32

Wait, so you need Rebel Galaxy, too?

Yeah. Rebel Galaxy and Styx have been sitting on the wishlist for so long, but there is always something else that takes my attention so I passed. This used to also be since I was stuck with the crappy laptop, but that isn't the case anymore

Nillansan

I am planning on doing a bit of an unconventional giveaway, just trying figure out if any of you would be interested in it. I will gift up to three copies of Xanadu Next, one for each winner obviously.

You can enter if you satisfy the conditions outlined below.

A. You don't already own The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Second Chapter.

If you choose to enter the giveaway and end up winning, you agree to the following.

A. Buy a copy of The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Second Chapter directly on Steam.
B. When obtaining The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Second Chapter trading and exploiting regional pricing is not allowed.
C. I need the receipts! Provide proof of purchase.

This might seem as an odd (to put it mildly) and slightly cumbersome approach to do a giveaway. The idea here is to first and foremost turn people on to Nihon Falcom's fantastic catalogue of RPGs, which in turn supports XSEED's porting efforts. It's a win for all parties, yes you need to buy a game at full price (if you end up winning), but in the end you end up with two highly regarded games. Someone did a giveaway in a similar fashion for D4 (shortly after it was released on Xbox One). Let me know what you guys think, I hope that I have explained the rules adequately.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so in order to win a 18€ game you want us to buy a 28€ game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom