• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

lol why am I not surprised. how did you find out btw?

j4XEi7N.jpg

Nillansan

Welp, i already own Trails 1+2, and i've just bought Xanadu Next - i guess i'm already converted to Falcom fandom, so i'm not in the target audience for this giveaway :) Pretty neat idea for a giveaway though, at least it kinda ensures that the games will go to people who may actually play them

Thanks, it just seems like it's going to be a challenge to pull off.

Sorry, that was a rash thing to post. Didn't mean it as a jab but I can see that it comes off like it.

Okay, I kind of perceived it that way as the general reception of the idea was pretty negative. I am still doing the giveaway despite feeling a bit discouraged.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Diedac, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

BROFORCE -- MB-DF07ACACA0690B45 - Taken by ThirtyFour. 10 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Styx Master of Shadows -- MB-9CF379C93843862C - Taken by laserlaser. 30 entrants total.

t1478307825z1.png

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks, it just seems like it's going to be a challenge to pull off.

Okay, I kind of perceived it that way as the general reception of the idea was pretty negative. I am still doing the giveaway despite feeling a bit discouraged.
As a semi-new Falcom enthusiast, I appreciate the sentiment you were getting at. If I had the money, I'd totally go for your giveaway because I was intending to get Trails SC eventually anyway (albeit on sale, even though Falcom deserves every penny that goes their way).

Erekiddo

Is Keyboard Sports getting a Steam key for Humble Bundle Monthly purchasers eventually?

Or do they want me to install it + link it into Steam like a dirty casual.

Nillansan

As a semi-new Falcom enthusiast, I appreciate the sentiment you were getting at. If I had the money, I'd totally go for your giveaway because I was intending to get Trails SC eventually anyway (albeit on sale, even though Falcom deserves every penny that goes their way).

Thanks, I will have the giveaway ready in a couple of days.

Is Keyboard Sports getting a Steam key for Humble Bundle Monthly purchasers eventually?

To my knowledge there's no official word on that yet, but I would be surprised if they don't provide a key when it eventually releases on Steam.

So... why does Steam allow gifs on store pages now?

Total Warhammer in particular is in love with them.
dance3.jpg
I've seen gifs on storepage for a long time. That's not new.
any good third person action-RPGs with a great story & cast? i've already played the Witcher series
Alpha Protocol. Janky and unpolished in areas, shines bright in others. Give it a try. I liked it.
I wanted to give everyone here a reminder that Extra Life starts in about 24 hours!

t1478361600z4.png

Whether you're supporting me, or anyone else I'm excited that people who love our shared hobby can come together and do a lot of good for people in need.

I'm mentally preparing myself for tomorrow by prepping a new release of Enhanced Steam. Lots of fun and exciting stuff hopefully rolling out later today.
Nice. I can never find that much time to follow streams properly but I'll tune in for sure. Wish you best of success with your goal.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just another friendly reminder that Extra Life is starting tomorrow morning at 9:00am!

t1478361600z4.png

I'm getting the final touches on putting everything together, should be a great 24-straight gaming marathon.

EDIT: haha Veggie picking up the slack

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Since there hasn't been a new post in the Pony Island OT since July...

I'm stuck at Asmodeus
I'm supposed to type 777 but nothing's happening. I've tried it about 30 times but I always get the You Lose message (after using ctrl+alt+del or waiting for ~40sec). No idea what I'm doing wrong.

I even reinstalled the game.

Just got it to work at the 31st try

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

tSosaRZ.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-C91E0307CF49F126 - Taken by Anustart

def sim

Selling bundle keys for a $1 each or all of them for $1 together is my schtick. Sometimes they end up in here via modbot, but I saw people really wanted Dragon's Dogma in there.

Ah I see. I was just letting people here know about a dope deal. ;)

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Kieru looks interesting. Monochromatic (Sin City or MadWorld) first person deathmatch game where you play as a black or white ninja that can hid in areas just of their colour. Coming out 2017

HeadchopGIF.gif

Greenlight page, but it was approved and currently playable for those in PAX Australia. Looks like a lot of fun.

PAUonePUNCH

Neo Member
Kieru looks interesting. Monochromatic (Sin City or MadWorld) first person deathmatch game where you play as a black or white ninja that can hid in areas just of their colour. Coming out 2017

HeadchopGIF.gif

Greenlight page, but it was approved and currently playable for those in PAX Australia. Looks like a lot of fun.

ohh looks nice

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Sitting here at work thinking about REmake, which is always a sign that im really into a game. Except this one im more subconsciously into I guess. Im liking it more and more, in spite of itself.

It's also making me apreciate RE4 more in retrospect, a game I enjoyed but felt was overhyped. But im wishing REmake had a lot of the improvements from 4, so I guess I shorthanded 4.

Hunters soon tho, fuck Hunters. And fuck sharks by the way. And dogs. Oh and fuck crows, and bees. Fuck all the animal life in REmake is what im saying.

Spiders are cool tho, sorry Zky.

Jawmuncher

PoP 2008 looks nice. But the gameplay gets old quick, since it went for a more basic approach to other PoP games.

PoP 08 might have the better graphics/characters. But PoP Forgotren sands destroys it in gameplay.

Sands of time is still the goat though.

Jawmuncher

HeadchopGIF.gif

The blood disappears though

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Forgotten Sands is shockingly decent. It does the Sands trilogy formula nicely, if not a little vanilla.

I love 08 for what it is tho. And what it is is not what the Sands games are. But thats alright.

Edit: double post, you're stupid Munch :3

zkylon

zkylewd
Sitting here at work thinking about REmake, which is always a sign that im really into a game. Except this one im more subconsciously into I guess. Im liking it more and more, in spite of itself.

It's also making me apreciate RE4 more in retrospect, a game I enjoyed but felt was overhyped. But im wishing REmake had a lot of the improvements from 4, so I guess I shorthanded 4.

Hunters soon tho, fuck Hunters. And fuck sharks by the way. And dogs. Oh and fuck crows, and bees. Fuck all the animal life in REmake is what im saying.

Spiders are cool tho, sorry Zky.
that's ok, back when i wasn't as bad as i am right now i managed to beat re1 and 2 so i feel like at least i got a couple playthroughs out of them

sure would love a mod to play through 2 again

it's my very favorite game in the series and probably a top 3 ps1 game for me

sadly i've gotten much worse and can't play them anymore. a mod for the remake would also be ok, tho the old games are still gonna be dearer to my heart

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Treat Prince of Persia 2008 as a rhythm game. Travelling around, keeping speed going, all by hitting the buttons in time and doing the best you can. Failing it and falling or coming to a dead stop (except to look around at the art style and vistas), is just the annoyance like a bad note being hit in Rock Band for a very loose analogy.

Combat is sadly just there to push story part.

Best feature of the game however is the dedicated conversation button. Use it if you are interested in seeing a relationship (platonic) develop. From small talk to pass the time, to getting to know each other, to sharing feelings with each other, to being friends that can trust each other.

The blood disappears though

Ninjas are so stealthy even their blood disappears into the night. It's why they can't donate.

Wok

I have completed Slayaway Camp. If you are into puzzle games, you are in for a treat. This game uses a dark humor setting to introduce Sokoban mechanics in an intuitive and interesting way. Most importantly, the game keeps on giving: after 13 hours, I have all the achievements, and have completed the campaign and the bonus levels (except two which I find too hard), but only hardly touched the NewGame+ campaign (which literally doubles the number of levels, by reusing the maps but using the last world's mechanics and therefore changing completely the puzzles). I got the game for free by participating in the beta, and ended up buying the DLC so that I could support this amazing game. I am not usually the kind of people who praise violent games, rather to the contrary, violence in video games puts me off

The game is updated regularly with free content. This night's update includes a new killer who was involved in the Digital Homicide incident:

eb1f4098efc06d5db83a8674c3d5873c8b72010b.gif

Grief.exe

I actually was thinking you weren't enjoying it, glad you are finally coming around to a classic.

I experienced the game for the first time when the HD remaster released on PC and it immediately clicked for me.

Rhaknar

I actually was thinking you weren't enjoying it, glad you are finally coming around to a classic.

I experienced the game for the first time when the HD remaster released on PC and it immediately clicked for me.

I wasnt. I am now...I think. It still very much frustrates me. Its actually reminding me a lot of my first Souls game (not the subsequent ones when I was used to it), its very much a love-hate thing where I feel angry and claustrophobic but then when im not playing it im thinking about playing it.

Also either my old man memory is worse than I thought ir the amount of new content compared to the original is staggering.

HeadchopGIF.gif

You should check this game out. It doesn't get enough love

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom