• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonno394

Didn't realise steam refunds had a 2 week validity period. Just put in a request for a refund on Megatagmension Blanc and Neptune vs Zombies (4 weeks old) because it still runs like crap and in the 30 odd minutes i've played it crashed 3 times and it was rejected. I gave them a few weeks to get patches out to fix things like the company intro movies which takes an age to load up at the beginning before flicking between resolutions etc....I suppose you live and learn!

Ganado

Not at all. People are sick of CoD on PC since they're annualized console shooters that never get good discounts. Treyarch is the only studio who puts effort into their ports too.
Eh, IW is the most optimized CoD I've ever played on release on PC. Just a shame with 90fps lock.

Phinor

Eh, IW is the most optimized CoD I've ever played on release on PC. Just a shame with 90fps lock.

For me it's as bad as Advanced Warfare and Ghosts because it's impossible to get the mouse to feel right and the stuttering is real in multiplayer. Treyarch games on the other hand have been mostly good for me in that regard but I know plenty of people had issues in the past with every Black Ops as well. I would call IW lower third of all Call of Duty games when it comes to being a good and optimized PC game.

Obviously it doesn't help that both IW and Remastered are worse than both BF1 and Titanfall 2 in almost every way. I really wish at least one of these titles was released three months ago or three months from now. It's complete madness to release four of these games within two weeks. No matter what EA says, these games share a lot of player base. Some games will suffer heavily and in this case it has been Titanfall.

Ludens

Banned
It's mostly a write your own story kind of thing, depending on who you befriend/marry etc.
But there are some side-quests with story elements.

Umh, this is the only game I have on my hdd I need to play, cleared pretty much my Pc backlog, but 40 hours are a lot right now to invest in the game.

fantomena

IW MP is not working, either it never find players or I get "GAME LOBBY CLOSED" when a game is counting down to start.

MW Remastered runs like ass.

good job acti

Jawmuncher

img_0616hdyxc.jpg

Resident Evil 7

gelf

im the only one that find deponia trilogy is a better trilogy then monkey island one and the best adventure game?
The art is lovely and I like the old school approach to the PnC adventure with the massive inventory and obtuse puzzles which has gone away from modern attempts at the genre. However that's all ruined by how much of an asshole Rufus is and a lot of of the jokes fall flat.

I can understand liking the series but it doesn't compare to Lucasarts classics.

Tizoc

You know what
I don't think we'll learn of Capcom's next PC project until AFTER RE7 releases.

Some hints would be nice though.

Knurek

Any Windows guru here can help me with stopping the bloody CompatTelRunner constantly scan through all my drives? It scanned the Endless Legend folder at least twenty times so far, most other Steam games as well.
I disabled all Telemetry related settings in Windows.
Removed the services that start the bloody thing.
Removed the scheduled tasks that start the bloody thing.
Set the registry keys to stop the bloody thing.
It still tends to start every once in a while and scan all exe/dll files from my Steam drive, opening dozens of executables at the same time and constantly spinning the hard drive.
Please help...

duppolo

probably, deponia games are okay, but far from the masterpieces monkey island 1 and 2 are.

I think the Deponia games are great, but pretty sure you are mostly on your own on that one.

You are at least one of the few, if not the only one.

The art is lovely and I like the old school approach to the PnC adventure with the massive inventory and obtuse puzzles which has gone away from modern attempts at the genre. However that's all ruined by how much of an asshole Rufus is and a lot of of the jokes fall flat.

I can understand liking the series but it doesn't compare to Lucasarts classics.

To me i think that i lopve more monkey isalnd because i play it when i was a child and that give me a lot of emotions, but i think deponia is better: more creative and more solid with the whole story and narrations. maybe in jokes monkey island still have the first place. also: duels make monkey island memorable.

Hakkelus

To me i think that i lopve more monkey isalnd because i play it when i was a child and that give me a lot of emotions, but i think deponia is better: more creative and more solid with the whole story and narrations. maybe in jokes monkey island still have the first place. also: duels make monkey island memorable.

Playing them as a kid surely affects that, but I also think the setting, music, humor and puzzles were better in monkey island than Deponia. Though some puzzles were stupid as they sometimes are in these kinds of games.

Ganado

For me it's as bad as Advanced Warfare and Ghosts because it's impossible to get the mouse to feel right and the stuttering is real in multiplayer. Treyarch games on the other hand have been mostly good for me in that regard but I know plenty of people had issues in the past with every Black Ops as well. I would call IW lower third of all Call of Duty games when it comes to being a good and optimized PC game.
While I agree with you that Ghosts was utter shit on PC, I had major problems at launch in all of the Black Ops games, and Black Ops 3 still doesn't run well in native resolution, even at lowest settings, while I easily can play IW on near max. Also, only MW stutters for me, which is weird.

duppolo

Playing them as a kid surely affects that, but I also think the setting, music, humor and puzzles were better in monkey island than Deponia. Though some puzzles were stupid as they sometimes are in these kinds of games.

IMHO

monkey island wins in: music, setting, humor, duelyst puzzles

deponia wins in: story, narrations, general puzzles, and lose only a little in humor

maybe im a little too entusiastic for those goals, but i was waiting for many years something tjhat can compete with mi!

Phinor

While I agree with you that Ghosts was utter shit on PC, I had major problems at launch in all of the Black Ops games, and Black Ops 3 still doesn't run well in native resolution, even at lowest settings, while I easily can play IW on near max. Also, only MW stutters for me, which is weird.

Yep, all of this just re-confirms what we know already: Call of Duty games on PC have been technical messes for a long time. Some games are fine for some people, others are broken but there's no consistency. Since Black Ops 1, Black Ops games have been the only ones that work properly for me. BO3 beta was rough though, but release version was fine (again, for me).

Tizoc

Still no SEGA port. Me sad :/

Are you spamming their Twitter like I am?
Keep in mind that releasing a port at this period is risky; we've got both the Autumn AND X-mas sales.
Honestly all that would be enough right now is a freakin' announcement.

Jawmuncher

Keep in mind that releasing a port at this period is risky; we've got both the Autumn AND X-mas sales.

Agreed. I don't care about a release, but I'd like an announcement,

I don't really care about the release date. The announcement though...

Ludens

Banned
Started Deadly Tower of Monsters and the idea is nice, but I think the game will get boring pretty soon if it keeps on going for too long.

JustinBB7

Got email from GMG saying Dishonored was 20% off, and now 32 euros. Click on preorder now and it's 50 euros. Ok guess not then.

dex3108

Latest Steam Beta Update had this in changelog

Individual games can opt out of using Steam Configuration support for the PS4 controller under each game’s Controller Settings. If a game has native PS4 support this allows it to continue to be recognized directly.

But i don't see that option anywhere.

JustLynx

Thanks, but still needs to close and reopen idlemaster if i read right.. =\
i just idle all of the games together and close idlemaster after like 10m and they drop, no need for the skipping at all

gngf123

Morning

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (gngf123, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Broken Age -- MB-10068A7135AC0D6A - Taken by Madn. 1 entrants total.

t1478358640z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom