• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kieru looks interesting. Monochromatic (Sin City or MadWorld) first person deathmatch game where you play as a black or white ninja that can hid in areas just of their colour. Coming out 2017

HeadchopGIF.gif

Greenlight page, but it was approved and currently playable for those in PAX Australia. Looks like a lot of fun.

eKqIp2I.gif

Anustart

Thanks to the generous soul for goocubelets. Looks like a good time.

I also picked up Slayaway Camp, Wok. Decent little title so far, but perhaps I haven't found it as great. Need to sink some more time in.

illusionary

That new Bundle Stars bundle is another great one; here's a spare:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (illusionary, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Never Alone Arctic Collection -- MB-7CB1EB077CAD2EDD - Taken by Sarcasm. 3 entrants total.

t1478332099z1.png

It's ~2,300 on Steam at the moment. For what it is, and in the first day of release, that doesn't sound too good... is it?

Not at all. People are sick of CoD on PC since they're annualized console shooters that never get good discounts. Treyarch is the only studio who puts effort into their ports too.

kevin1025

Banned
Not at all. People are sick of CoD on PC since they're annualized console shooters that never get good discounts. Treyarch is the only studio who puts effort into their ports too.

I usually only buy for the campaign, but the numbers both games are showing isn't really selling me on the occasional time I'd want to jump into multiplayer. It'll be one of the very slim casualties of going full PC now.

But yeah, the discounts are pretty rough, and never losing their value is super weird unless they're pre-2012. I was shocked to see Ghosts at $65 CDN today.

It's ~2,300 on Steam at the moment. For what it is, and in the first day of release, that doesn't sound too good... is it?

Don't forget the high entry price of the IW+MWR bundle. And its cdkey has the most thorough region locking I've ever seen.

Wok

I also picked up Slayaway Camp, Wok. Decent little title so far, but perhaps I haven't found it as great. Need to sink some more time in.

Maybe I am just a fan of puzzle games, and it is a refreshing take at Sokoban. I suggest that you persevere and maybe see how well-designed the levels are!

I have not used the hint system. Usually, using walkthrough or hints for puzzle games spoils the "ahah" moments and the reward. Maybe it is this.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Tizoc, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tizoc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Chroma Squad -- MB-D35DE3580CD70B20 - Taken by Kurt Russell. 2 entrants total.
Xanadu Next -- MB-B8260A5DB6FB6201 - Taken by KainXVIII. 60 entrants total.
PGP3OVL.png
Little Big Adventure 2 GOG Key -- MB-3051BE500394FA75 - Taken by Endruen. 1 entrants total.
Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition -- MB-6BD6C368688424C4 - Taken by MaxiLive. 40 entrants total.

t1478368307z1.png

Kieru looks interesting. Monochromatic (Sin City or MadWorld) first person deathmatch game where you play as a black or white ninja that can hid in areas just of their colour. Coming out 2017

HeadchopGIF.gif

Greenlight page, but it was approved and currently playable for those in PAX Australia. Looks like a lot of fun.

So it is like that episode of Samurai Jack.

zkylon

zkylewd
man blood and wine is... uhh....

kind of garbage

i really really dislike these sidequests, i just spent like 15 minutes doing literal beaurocracy at a bank and while it's a bit funny it's like, so fucking unlike what i do enjoy the most about these games, or at the very least it doesn't seem to be providing any of that to compensate for the filler

ughhhhhhhhhhhhh

kagamin

Done with Xanadu Next's first boss fight, and after that...
a good first boss fight transitions into a really fun intermission fight that's supposedly supposed to show how much more powerful you've gotten but really just goes to show you how crap your stats were to start.
lol

kagamin

Kagamin r u playing xanadu mext while downsampling?
If so abd ur using an nvidia, how did u set it up?

Yea, I'm downsampling from 1080p so I dunno how impressive that is, I'm using DSR through the nvidia control panel settings, and the launcher let me set up to 4k as well, but I didn't set it that high. :p

shockdude

DoA5 is 30fps capped on my girlfriend's laptop. Is there a way to get the 30fps cap off?
I saw your post earlier today but forgot to respond at the time.
I can easily run DOA5 on a laptop with an 860M, which is near-identical to your girlfriend's 960M. 1080p, 2048x2048 shadows, 2xSSAA, 60FPS.
You said you set the game to run on Nvidia graphics, which is good. Is the laptop plugged in? Are there any framelimiters or VSync overrides active?
Have you updated the Nvidia drivers recently? How about the Intel drivers?

Tizoc

Yea, I'm downsampling from 1080p so I dunno how impressive that is, I'm using DSR through the nvidia control panel settings, and the launcher let me set up to 4k as well, but I didn't set it that high. :p
So i set dsr to for example 4k and then in the launcher i choosr 1080p?
Should i set the frame buffer to a certain value as well?

kagamin

So i set dsr to for example 4k and then in the launcher i choosr 1080p?
Should i set the frame buffer to a certain value as well?

Personally I would just test each frame buffer option to see which gives you the most optimal performance, I have mine set to the second highest option honestly and it's fine.

Tizoc

Personally I would just test each frame buffer option to see which gives you the most optimal performance, I have mine set to the second highest option honestly and it's fine.
I tried setting to 8k and the game crashed at starup xp
Will try it again today

Nabs

Yeah, the 4096x4096 framebuffer looks nice to me.

Coreda

man blood and wine is... uhh....

kind of garbage

i really really dislike these sidequests, i just spent like 15 minutes doing literal beaurocracy at a bank and while it's a bit funny it's like, so fucking unlike what i do enjoy the most about these games, or at the very least it doesn't seem to be providing any of that to compensate for the filler

ughhhhhhhhhhhhh

It's an entirely different location and vibe from the rest of the run-down, war-torn, grief-stricken locales and cynical demeanor of No Man's Land (which I adore). I can see how it wouldn't be some people's cup of tea. Personally enjoyed it more than HoS but it did feel very saccharine until I began to get into with certain characters and events.

dex3108

Damn half of the Rocket League sold copies are from Steam (based on 8M number from Danny O'Dwyer documentary). First Dark Souls and now RL (and god knows how many more games), PC got really big in past few years and saved few devs in the process.

kagamin

Beat the second boss in Xanadu Next, took me a sec to figure out exactly what to do after the fight but I still made it back to town no problem.

cyba89

Just checked what I got in the Humble Monthly and it's pretty worthless when you got almost all of that stuff on PS+ already.

Ludens

Banned
Uninstalled Curse n' Chaos, not really what I expected.
I bought it as a platformer, instead it's a fighting game in which you are in one stage and you need to defeat ten waves of enemies before facing the boss.
Resisted one stage, and I deleted it from my hdd.

kagamin

Just checked what I got in the Humble Monthly and it's pretty worthless when you got almost all of that stuff on PS+ already.

Dang, that sucks since it seems really good this month. The one time I subbed was worth it too imo, but then again I only own around 150 games on Steam and have no PS3/4.

Sarcasm

Well for me I am dropping PS+ which means I lose access to all those games lol.

At least dropping hb you get to keep them.

Gintoki

Uninstalled Curse n' Chaos, not really what I expected.
I bought it as a platformer, instead it's a fighting game in which you are in one stage and you need to defeat ten waves of enemies before facing the boss.
Resisted one stage, and I deleted it from my hdd.

So you didn't even read the game's tags?

what's the best character for "easily" beating nuclear throne?
and how does upgrading and leveling up works? when you die you loose everything?

Monooboe

im the only one that find deponia trilogy is a better trilogy then monkey island one and the best adventure game?

Whoa, that's one heck of a endorsement! I need to check them out, they been on my backlog for a long time, but way back in the line, but does sound like I might have missjudged them wrongly beforehand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom