• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
t1478361600z4.png

Extra Life

500.gif

Watch it here

def sim

Maybe if people vote with their wallets, Microsoft will finally patch steam with this "downsampling" technology I'm hearing so much about.

hohoXD123

Could u provide some examples? :p

My pleasure

Of course the people who sit in their dungeons for hours a day switching options on and off just so they can masturbate over the 5fps increase they get are going to call you crazy.
Why wouldn't they?

Do it. I sold my high end a year ago.
Never looked back. PC made be obsessed, I barely was able to enjoy games.
All I cared about was how can I make the game run the best, with the best possible graphics.
I spent hours in the menu every-time. And let's not forget all the bad ports, pretty much every single triple A game. And all the errors and nonsense. Then I go to PC game forums and thousands upon thousand of posts about people having problems with the game. Not worth it. (Go check the PC performance threads on here, every time a game comes out. So sad). On my ps4, I put the disk in, update and play. If there is a problem (extremely rare), it's the developer's fault, no tinkering around needed, so beautiful.

Most online games on PC are filled with hackers, or dead on arrival, or die within months. infinite warfare right now is dead. Battlefront when it came out died quickly. Division was unplayable, due to hackers. F that.

I only care about 60 fps in a handful of games (fast arcade and fps). 30fps stable is 100% playable for me on consoles, even for some first person shooters. Destiny runs like a dream.
Modding is a pro of PC games. But I don't care anymore. It's a waste of time. By the time I finish a moddable game, there is another big game waiting for me to play, my backlog is huge, and there are always games coming out.

And I hate the PC elitists. with their "Build your rig" mentality. F off.

And my ass that PC gaming is cheaper. I have saved a ton of money by going the consoles route. Yes you pay for online buu it's cheap and you get a lot of free games that I would not have played otherwise.
I buy my games dirt cheap on black friday, and I have GCU from best buy I get a shit ton of discounts on new games. And when I'm done, my friend borrows it and I borrow his, and then I sell my games. You can't do that on Steam. Also PSN does a lot of giant sales. PC gaming is not cheaper in the longer run, another lie PC gamers want to believe to make themselves feel better.

This whole elitist mentality of some PC gamers pisses me off. The fact you pay a couple hundred dollars more than console gamers and you waste countless of hours tinkering around the options and configs does not make you elite or master by any means.I bet most of them drive crappy four cylinder cars.

You will love the PS4, it's like night and day compared to PS3. It's a system made for gaming, all the things they added to the OS, and the DVR. I also love trophies, and how they improved the ecosystem and the community.

You can downgrade your PC to get some money and still play xbox exclusives and that good AAA PC exclusive that comes out every two years(if any), or just sell it and later buy a cheap one . I just sold mine and might put together a cheapo one soon for CIV6 (if it doesnt come to consoles) and xbox games. But first, I'm waiting for the scorpio, to see whats what.

Good luck.

I sold my 970 "rig" a few months and never looked back. PC gaming wasn't for me. All my friends are on consoles and that's what made me stick with them. I also grew tired of the elitist pricks on many sites, including GAF that made my desdain for PC gaming even more.

I've also wondered about those who say that any frame drop or Ambient occlusion in a game hurts their eyes and what type of model 10 girlfriend they have.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
is there any way to buy the neogeo humble bundle? is that a thing?

Theoretically, someone could have bought it as a gift with the intention to sell it at a higher price at a later date. Some quick googling shows some trading groups that trade old bundles, but no one seems to have the whole bundle just the loose links they added since.

Your best bet now is to wait and see if the bundle in the store ever goes on sale.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/neogeo-classic-complete-collection

Looking at it's price history, it was half half price in January around when it was added, so maybe for the Winter sales it'll be discounted again.

Jadax

We could have this conversation for days. Everyone's requirements are different.

I like to play dota + css + have the option to load up Steam/BNet and load up any game I want to from my library - consoles don't have that option (at least not to the degree PC gaming platforms do now).

So yes, if you're the kind of person who doesn't care about most games, and only wants to play AAA titles that are made for consoles - then PC gaming isn't an efficient buy for you, but otherwise - PC gaming is a decent investment.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Or what about people whose friends are all on PC? Mine play DotA/Heroes of the Storm/League or WoW and FFXIV. Go where your friends are is my recommendation.

Grief.exe

I'm thinking of building an old DOS PC to play some older games. More of an interesting project, then actually something I need.

NeoRaider

Anyone else getting this error:

lFoHAeB.png

It started happening few days ago and i think that it only happens when i close the Steam, or after i close it to be more precise.

Vamphuntr

Worst Prosecutor in the series.

He's the best new character from the recent games (4-6). I mean I don't know how you can think the guy in 6 is any better. Long, boring, repetitive religious based attack. Single minded and proven wrong in every single case and never really changes.

Hektor

I sold my PC and i don't look back.

PC made be obsessed, I barely was able to enjoy games.

All I cared about was how can I make the game run the best, with the best possible graphics.

I spent hours in the menu every-time.

And let's not forget all the bad ports, pretty much every single triple A game. And all the errors and nonsense. Then I go to SteamGAF and the Steamforums and thousands upon thousand of posts about people having problems with the game.

Not worth it.

On the ps4, I put the disk in, update and play. If there is a problem (extremely rare), it's the developer's fault, no tinkering around needed, so beautiful.

Most online games on PC are filled with hackers, or dead on arrival, or die within months. infinite warfare right now is dead. Battlefront when it came out died quickly. Division was unplayable, due to hackers. Fuck that.

I only care about 60 fps in a handful of games (fast arcade and fps). 30fps stable is 100% playable for me on consoles, even for some first person shooters. Destiny runs like a dream.

Modding is a pro of PC games. But I don't care anymore. It's a waste of time. By the time I finish a moddable game, there is another big game waiting for me to play, my backlog is huge, and there are always games coming out.

And I hate you PC elitists. with you "Build your rig" mentality. Fuck off.

And my ass that PC gaming is cheaper. I have saved a ton of money by going the consoles route. Yes you pay for online but it's cheap and you get a lot of free games that I would not have played otherwise.

Also PSN does a lot of giant sales. PC gaming is not cheaper in the longer run, another lie you wanted to believe to make yourselfs feel better.

This whole elitist mentality of some of you PC gamers pisses me off. The fact you pay a couple hundred dollars more than console gamers and you waste countless of hours tinkering around the options and configs does not make you elite or master by any means.I bet most of you drive crappy four cylinder cars.

The PS4 is a system made for gaming, all the things they added to the OS, and the DVR. I also love trophies, and how they improved the ecosystem and the community.

Fuck this.

Vamphuntr

It's bad for your health to keep reading fanboy rants. This one also read like a checklist of recent PC game problems haha. The really funny thing is that a lot of people here complained about PC gaming elitism related to high resolution and 60 FPS and having to upgrade components over a generation. Now that Sony and MS are pushing an upgraded hardware refresh you have a threads asking to updates resolution and FPS for older games and how it's a great idea to have you buy an upgraded console in the same cycle.

Sch1sm

Even as a troll, just:

It's bad for your health to keep reading fanboy rants. This one also read like a checklist of recent PC game problems haha. The really funny thing is that a lot of people here complained about PC gaming elitism related to high resolution and 60 FPS and having to upgrade components over a generation. Now that Sony and MS are pushing an upgraded hardware refresh you have a threads asking to updates resolution and FPS for older games and how it's a great idea to have you buy an upgraded console in the same cycle.

I don't know how they rationalize buying an entire console is better than upgrading just a GPU, but they can do them.

---

Been playing Refunct. Got to 33% and then stuck between 4 walls with no way out. If I quit and then hit continue, I'm not longer in it, but the piece I need to activate is there. Oh boy. (':

I sold my PC and i don't look back.

PC made be obsessed, I barely was able to enjoy games.

I spent hours in the menu every-time.

And let's not forget all the bad ports, pretty much every single triple A game. And all the errors and nonsense. Then I go to SteamGAF and the Steamforums and thousands upon thousand of posts about people having problems with the game.

Not worth it.

On the ps4, I put the disk in, update and play. If there is a problem (extremely rare), it's the developer's fault, no tinkering around needed, so beautiful.

Most online games on PC are filled with hackers, or dead on arrival, or die within months. infinite warfare right now is dead. Battlefront when it came out died quickly. Division was unplayable, due to hackers. Fuck that.

And I hate you PC elitists. with you "Build your rig" mentality. Fuck off.

And my ass that PC gaming is cheaper. I have saved a ton of money by going the consoles route. Yes you pay for online but it's cheap and you get a lot of free games that I would not have played otherwise.

Also PSN does a lot of giant sales. PC gaming is not cheaper in the longer run, another lie you wanted to believe to make yourselfs feel better.

This whole elitist mentality of some of you PC gamers pisses me off. The fact you pay a couple hundred dollars more than console gamers and you waste countless of hours tinkering around the options and configs does not make you elite or master by any means.I bet most of you drive crappy four cylinder cars.

The PS4 is a system made for gaming, all the things they added to the OS, and the DVR. I also love trophies, and how they improved the ecosystem and the community.

Fuck this.
You forgot the bold characters.

I'm so tired of angry nerd bullshit you wouldn't believe it. Everybody's got a goddamn vendetta out for something they truly loathe, everything's garbage or trash, and everybody's out to fight for their platform of choice.

GAF has pockets of sanity and I intend to enjoy them while I can.

IW MP is not working, either it never find players or I get "GAME LOBBY CLOSED" when a game is counting down to start.

MW Remastered runs like ass.

good job acti

MWR runs well for me...it ran like absolute garbage the first time I tried to play it but once I exited it and restarted it the game hasn't had any issues again (that was on launch day and just now playing through a couple levels)

as far as IW goes I've only played the campaign so far but I've really liked it

enjoy

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (the_firewithin, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Broforce -- MB-50A75C90E85754A4 - Taken by Vlad. 12 entrants total.
Beyond Eyes -- MB-A4FF752BC8B94B61 - Taken by alr1ght. 14 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Styx: Master of Shadows -- MB-732E2BFA89176808 - Taken by bloke. 27 entrants total.

t1478375376z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Tizoc, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tizoc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Chroma Squad -- MB-D35DE3580CD70B20 - Taken by Kurt Russell. 2 entrants total.
Xanadu Next -- MB-B8260A5DB6FB6201 - Taken by KainXVIII. 60 entrants total.
PGP3OVL.png
Little Big Adventure 2 GOG Key -- MB-3051BE500394FA75 - Taken by Endruen. 1 entrants total.
Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition -- MB-6BD6C368688424C4 - Taken by MaxiLive. 40 entrants total.

t1478368307z1.png

yoshizzle

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (yoshizzle, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

t1cxE6r.gif
Shadow Warrior: Special Edition -- MB-899C10DB611FB50B - Taken by hardcastlemccormick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom