• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuraya

What will all the PS4Pro owners say when Sony teases the PS5 next year at E3?

"Considering selling my PS4Pro after the PS5 tease, should I just go PC?"

Nzyme32

Nah, many will still say the same. The state of the console space and particularly a whole bunch of people here on GAF is simply to follow the marketing, at which point new features and ideologies are clearly amazing, when the opposite was true prior to that or if a competitor did it. It's just tribalism in there.

Saw it with higher than 720p and every other resolution including downsampling, upgrades, game genres, technologies , peripherals etc etc. I don't suspect there will be much of a change bar the minority of folks

Wok

Nobody told me the best thing about Dragon's Dogma: your character can carry around any villager.

55D6715901E7077E41D11E352E5304FB9B7F9D5E

More seriously, the game starts really strong. No intro, just a big fight.

Regginator

Hmm, probably should have gone for the Monthly. I've been waiting for Styx.

As for the new Monthly, very tempted to get it for Dragon's Dogma...

Vamphuntr

Dragon's Dogma is really a great game and the PC port is good. The early areas can be a bit challenging but once you level up a bit and try the classes it gets much easier. If you want a challenge go to the DLC island early on :p.

I'm always surprised when I replay it that if you don't take into account the menus/UI it could pass off as a western game.

Anteater

Nobody told me the best thing about Dragon's Dogma: your character can carry around any villager.

yeah, game is really flawed but the foundation is incredible with a lot of great ideas and attention to detail

things like if you main a fat/heavy character and jump on a griffin it would have trouble flying, game is great

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

I7Ufybq.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-4862AF9778FFBD61 - Taken by BorntoPlay

yuraya

Hmm, probably should have gone for the Monthly. I've been waiting for Styx.

As for the new Monthly, very tempted to get it for Dragon's Dogma...

12$ for DD is a great deal. Its an amazingly unique open world game too. That price is as good as it will get for a while. Plus you'll get a bunch of other games by the end of the month as well. The value of this monthly is ridiculous if you don't have DD.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

I7Ufybq.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-2210D7C2C1969BB7 - Taken by ibn Saïd

I switched to PC when the rumors about the always online DRM were hovering over these current generation consoles.

Ganado

This is my favorite part:

PC "elitism" bad, car elitism ok, got it!
That guy is beyond help though, I remember him saying that he put hours in tinkering with settings and told people to not question it and that its better without it. Cars should be bad that way too since you can make it run better.

Tizoc

Kurt, you actually got the Indiegala Chroma bundle so feel free to giveaway the games you don't want ;D

Congrats to the winners.

neonglow

It's my birthday so here's a bunch of extra games I have. Enjoy!

ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (neonglow, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number -- MB-5008AF1C63CD9249 - Taken by ThirtyFour. 31 entrants total.
Oniken -- MB-7E3BE24E265CA81F - Taken by dimmer. 4 entrants total.
Odallus: The Dark Call -- MB-29242CF5AD2EB6AA - Taken by darkchewie. 10 entrants total.
Never Alone Arctic Collection -- MB-B792BB2E8CE705A1 - Taken by Eila. 8 entrants total.
INK -- MB-864218556EDFF114 - Taken by MaxiLive. 6 entrants total.
Hexcells Complete Pack -- MB-6D42FC9A3CBD39D8 - Taken by Jadax. 2 entrants total.
Cook, Serve, Delicious! -- MB-13BFF8EBE06061A0 - Taken by CheDominik. 3 entrants total.

t1478379771z1.png

Kurt, you actually got the Indiegala Chroma bundle so feel free to giveaway the games you don't want ;D

Congrats to the winners.

Thank you!

And here are the rest of the Chroma bundle games, except for Zombie Driver which I intend to play:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kurt Russell:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Existentia -- MB-A664A1C0A1C3AA66 - Taken by Vuze
The God's Chain -- MB-83F9D43B003E70F2 - Taken by dimmer
Plush -- MB-F1CE97C99926CEBF - Taken by voodooray
Hard Room -- MB-AA24C08DA14CAAA4 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Grind Zones -- MB-E03631C0834EE50C - Taken by Saty
Shut Up And Dig -- MB-25CFE46E42F8F1ED - Taken by dave is ok

Thank Tizoc, not me :)

Benedict

Forgot this giveaway while doing stuff.
Be quick and enjoy this.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Benedict, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lumino City -- MB-0BD2F6E4E3FC6292 - Taken by Purkake4. 2 entrants total.

t1478368830z1.png

Yeah it's a great feature, you should see my characters basement ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Tizoc

How does NVidia Inspector work again?
Because I've set these in Xanadu Next with the launcher's AA option turned Off but the game has NO anti aliasing at all, what am I doing wrong? I have NVidia Inspector running in the background too
No other settings were altered btw.

Theoretically, someone could have bought it as a gift with the intention to sell it at a higher price at a later date. Some quick googling shows some trading groups that trade old bundles, but no one seems to have the whole bundle just the loose links they added since.

Your best bet now is to wait and see if the bundle in the store ever goes on sale.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/neogeo-classic-complete-collection

Looking at it's price history, it was half half price in January around when it was added, so maybe for the Winter sales it'll be discounted again.

thank you! i didnt even think to check the store for bundles

Nabs

Because I've set these in Xanadu Next with the launcher's AA option turned Off but the game has NO anti aliasing at all, what am I doing wrong? I have NVidia Inspector running in the background too

Whats your in game framebuffer set to?

bbd23

man that thread about the dude wanting to sell his PC for a PS4 pro..

what an interesting place gaming side is.

Tizoc

Sorry, I'm not sure how to help.

Could you upload your proflie for Xanadu Next if it's not too much trouble? I can try to import it into Inspector and see if it'll trigger.
I think maybe there are administrator rights that I need to enable or some such?

Anno

Couple of extras

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Anno, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Broken Age -- MB-B4537E4138B32DD8 - Taken by eyeless. 3 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Massive Chalice -- MB-A050C04367EC9968 - Taken by Anteater. 12 entrants total.

t1478382370z1.png

Kaleinc

Banned

You need to know AA compatibility bit too.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of neonglow, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (neonglow, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number -- MB-5008AF1C63CD9249 - Taken by ThirtyFour. 31 entrants total.
Oniken -- MB-7E3BE24E265CA81F - Taken by dimmer. 4 entrants total.
Odallus: The Dark Call -- MB-29242CF5AD2EB6AA - Taken by darkchewie. 10 entrants total.
Never Alone Arctic Collection -- MB-B792BB2E8CE705A1 - Taken by Eila. 8 entrants total.
INK -- MB-864218556EDFF114 - Taken by MaxiLive. 6 entrants total.
Hexcells Complete Pack -- MB-6D42FC9A3CBD39D8 - Taken by Jadax. 2 entrants total.
Cook, Serve, Delicious! -- MB-13BFF8EBE06061A0 - Taken by CheDominik. 3 entrants total.

t1478379771z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom