• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

neonglow

Yup, same universe (and same character)

Happy birthday!

Happy Birthday!

happy birthday!

Happy bday :)

Happy birthday neonglow!

Happy birthday!

squirtle-bulbasaur.gif

Have a nice birthday neon with many more happy years.

I read it because I was bored.

What a shitshow. Can't beleive these are actual people.

Thanks guys!

JarrodL

XCOM 2 finished. It is very good. My only complaint is overabundance of missions with (crazy short) timers, hate that design choice.

Roboleon locked the "Should I sell my PC for PS4Pro" Thread.
Typical PC elitist who couldn't stomach the truth. Must be driving a 4 cylinder.

neonglow

Anyone else notice that there's now an option to get Steam keys for Last Blade and Shock Troopers 2 from the last Neo Geo Humble Bundle?

Unfortunately, when you try to reveal the keys you get the message, "Keys are temporarily exhausted for this product".

This could mean another Neo Geo Humble Bundle is coming.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Anno, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Anno, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Broken Age -- MB-B4537E4138B32DD8 - Taken by eyeless. 3 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Massive Chalice -- MB-A050C04367EC9968 - Taken by Anteater. 12 entrants total.

t1478382370z1.png

Mikurden

mostly i'm just looking forward to getting steam keys for stuff i bought years ago but don't want to jump through hoops of dealing with developers cockamamie key fulfillment schemes

Why the optimism? They're not even promising they'll be able to restore old Desura accounts and they don't mention Steam at all.

4. What is going to happen to my Desura account?
We are working hard to try to get your old Desura account back alive, but will let you know if we fail to do so.

5. Will I be able to access all my old games, that I have purchased on Desura previously?
Our first priority is to get you access to already owned games from the old Desura platform, but we currently don’t have a timeline for making it happen.

Drakhyrr

I remember some old groupees greenlight bundles where the game eventually got into Steam, but the only way to get a Steam key was to use the Desura key.

I never created a Desura account until it was too late. At least now there is some hope I can recover those.

Grief.exe

Sell me on Xanadu? What games does it resemble? It seems like it's getting some positive buzz from the people who picked it up in the thread .

mp1990

Banned
Decided to buy The Witcher 3 again, after hearing all the praise for it in this thread (and in part because I need games to try out my 1070 lol). Hopefully this time I'll be able to enjoy it, as I really couldn't be more apathetic towards it when it released, but the 60fps and maybe m/kb should help with that. If I can't get into it this time, I think I'll just give up for good lol.

Jawmuncher

Decided to buy The Witcher 3 again, after hearing all the praise for it in this thread (and in part because I need games to try out my 1070 lol). Hopefully this time I'll be able to enjoy it, as I really couldn't be more apathetic towards it when it released, but the 60fps and maybe m/kb should help with that. If I can't get into it this time, I think I'll just give up for good lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riZP7zNYD0o

Corpekata

Banned
Sell me on Xanadu? What games does it resemble? It seems like it's getting some positive buzz from the people who picked it up in the thread .

Action RPG from Falcom (Ys series). It's a hack and slash dungeon crawler with some metroidvania style elements (lots of unlocking shortcuts, some items required to get past certain obstacles). It sits in a sort of weird realm between full action RPG and RPG, where you need to very near an enemy to attack it (or attack at all). It reminds me a lot of Vagrant Story, both in terms of visuals, atmosphere and the way the world is setup. VS was more tradtionally RPGish though with its turn / body part system, while XN is more action oriented.

Durante

How does NVidia Inspector work again?
Because I've set these in Xanadu Next with the launcher's AA option turned Off but the game has NO anti aliasing at all, what am I doing wrong? I have NVidia Inspector running in the background too

No other settings were altered btw.
You need to know AA compatibility bit too.
Nope, Xanadu next doesn't need any of those. It's DX8.

Tizoc, simple things, but did you press "apply" in inspector, and did you associate the profile with the right .exe?

Sell me on Xanadu? What games does it resemble?
It's somewhat like a Ys game which is more RPG-heavy (in terms of stats, equipment and skills). With interconnected levels / an interconnected world where you unlock shortcuts, a bit in the vein of a Metroidvania or even Souls games. The battles are fast-paced and feel really good like Ys, but with a big focus on positioning.

It's good.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
The stupid thing is not Win10 CoD not working with Steam CoD. The stupid thing is Win10 CoD not working with Xbox One CoD.

I would have bought it full price if I would be playing against people on an Xbox One.

Corpekata

Banned
There should be a game that just launches with it but doesn't tell anyone. That or patches it in, like Gears 4 could. See if people notice.

MadGear

The stupid thing is not Win10 CoD not working with Steam CoD. The stupid thing is Win10 CoD not working with Xbox One CoD.

I would have bought it full price if I would be playing against people on an Xbox One.

I'm not super familiar with CoD, but doesn't this one have a Zombie Mode again? At the very least it should have supported cross-platform play for this mode. IIRC that is exactly what they did with Gears of War 4. For competitive that would be absolutely insane tho.

Deques

Checking my friends' Steam activity. Looks like another one of us has fallen into using SAM to unlock achievements for several games :(
Not gonna name shame this guy, you know who you are...

Jawmuncher

Checking my friends' Steam activity. Looks like another one of us has fallen into using SAM to unlock achievements for several games :(

I know who it is.

Stump, go ahead and confess.

No, they can though and in a post by a dev suggested they will expirement with it on like some weekends.

Ahh ok. Makes sense to do it that way. The amount of Gears 4 PC players is low enough that they shoudl just do it though. You wouldn't even notice. If anything, maybe just block ranked.

Eila

I'm really liking Xanadu, although it's a bit easier than I'd expected. I guess there's more ways to cheat the system with the magic and potions than in a Ys game.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
In other news, Gunmetal Arcadia Zero is up on itch.io as Pay What You Want until November 8th.

My guess would be if you pay >$0.00, you will get a Steam key when it is added to Steam--the recommended price is $5.99, and the developer gives you the OST if you give at least $3.99.
https://piratehearts.itch.io/gunmetal-arcadia-zero

(The game was already in Humble Monthly, so if you subscribed for that, this offer need not apply)

zSz4NMS.png

itch doesn't add stuff you pay $0.00 for to your collection so I would guess you will not get a key in that circumstance.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Odallus the Dark Call -- MB-96FA2677EC2B7AE9 - Taken by Sammichu

Nabs

In other news, Gunmetal Arcadia Zero is up on itch.io as Pay What You Want until November 8th.

My guess would be if you pay >$0.00, you will get a Steam key when it is added to Steam--the recommended price is $5.99, and the developer gives you the OST if you give at least $3.99.
https://piratehearts.itch.io/gunmetal-arcadia-zero

(The game was already in Humble Monthly, so if you subscribed for that, this offer need not apply)

zSz4NMS.png

itch doesn't add stuff you pay $0.00 for to your collection so I would guess you will not get a key in that circumstance.

Thanks for the heads up.

ExoSoul

Banned

Meh, can't really justify 100% games on more than one platform/account any more with my current backlog.
Some I've saved cause I know I'll be going for them again, don't really think there's anything to be ashamed about.

Wok

I don't remember this game being in a Humble Monthly. Edit: Ah, it was a Humble Original in May.

But if that is the case, we need the pitchforks: we got a demo in a monthly bundle, and now, we get a game wich can be gotten for 1 cent. PITCHFORKS, BOYS! (it is just a joke, relax, any +1 is good, :p)

This guy's recent activity on TSWCE: 3 hours for 19/19 achievements.

wSwQAmm.png

My recent activity on the same game: 5 hours for 7/19 achievements.

0l9L7Li.png

Explanation needed. If possible, not the explanation stating that I am slow.

Wok

Also, a small rant against the devs of this game, which I suspect to change the release date of the game almost every day so that their game appears on top of the "coming soon" section on the Steam store.

The release date is written as "2016", but the game has been on top of the "coming soon" section for at least 1 week, maybe 2 weeks. There has to be a hidden release date variable somewhere.

rtcn63

Random tech support query- I have a teenage acquaintance who said that one of his friends gave him their cable internet login and password (xfinity), and said that it would allow him to use the friend's wi-fi internet from his house. They live on opposite sides of the city.

Is this an actual thing or was his friend fucking with him?

Random tech support query- I have a teenage acquaintance who said that one of his friends gave him their cable internet login and password (xfinity), and said that it would allow him to use the friend's wi-fi internet from his house. They live on opposite sides of the city.

If cable internet in the city works anything like in Australia or anywhere else I can think of then no, he was fucking with him.

Mikurden

This game looks really cool but its title seems incongruous -- it appears to be an action-adventure set in a medieval-type fantasy world (basically Zelda 2), but I had previously assumed it was some kind of sci-fi shooter (like Azure Striker Gunvolt x Mega Man Zero).

rtcn63

If cable internet in the city works anything like in Australia or anywhere else I can think of then no, he was fucking with him.

I'm reading up on the xfinity wifi page and it sounds like he's talking about hotspots, but apparently he tried logging in using the details and it didn't work. I didn't even realize you needed a login and password to use xfinity hotspots.

Grief.exe

Using their specific wifi is absurd, but Comcast has some deal where you can use your account to log into other people's routers since Comcast technically own them.

I own my own modem, and I would recommend everyone to do the same since they generally perform better and you dodge the rental fee.

I'm reading up on the xfinity wifi page and it sounds like he's talking about hotspots, but apparently he tried logging in using the details and it didn't work. I didn't even realize you needed a login and password to use xfinity hotspots.

I understand what you mean now, I though you meant he would be able to access the friends cable. But I assume having a cable account also allows you to access hotspots around the city and he's trying to access that. Might need some sort of device verification to access? A limit on devices so huge numbers of people don't just use the same account.

rtcn63

I understand what you mean now, I though you meant he would be able to access the friends cable. But I assume having a cable account also allows you to access hotspots around the city and he's trying to access that. Might need some sort of device verification to access? A limit on devices so huge numbers of people don't just use the same account.

Thats what I thought he meant to. I've heard of hotspots, but never used one, and the first thing I did when xfinity sent me a new router was call them to disable that hotspot shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom