• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anustart

Really glad I sub'd last humble monthly. Stardew valley was aiight, but Styx is pretty dang good. Love stealth games and this one is scratching right where I itch.

firewatch sucks

buy oxenfree instead

k thx bye

Maybe if you hate yourself and deem that you need punishment. In most games that get praise I can see the allure for some people, but god damn, Oxenfree is such a steaming pile of boring horse shit.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Really glad I sub'd last humble monthly. Stardew valley was aiight, but Styx is pretty dang good. Love stealth games and this one is scratching right where I itch.

There are ointments for that.

Grief.exe

Been cleaning up some challenge achievements in Banished, decided to bang these 4 out in one game to really ramp up the difficulty. I got to 300 population without building schools or trading posts to trigger Uneducated and Isolationist, but had some systemic problems that all crept up at once.
I had a population explosion, which caused my food stores to essentially drop to zero relatively quickly. Banished is all about constrained expansion, too many children at once and you burn through your supply stores too quickly to feed people who are too young to work. I corrected the food problem, but that lead to a tool deficit, which then lead to a massive firewood deficit.
By the time I got containment of all those issues, my population had aged too much and it not only slowed my growth, but I didn't have enough young and healthy people to even sustain my existing population. I fell back down to 200, but now I've recovered to about 315 population and I'm more balanced this time, especially now that I can build schools and trading posts which offer a massive advantage.

Currently targeting the One with Nature achievement, don't know if I'm going to bother playing 200 years to get Tenure. At this point, I suppose I might as well so I can cross this one off as 100% achievements.

Going by the percentages, it seems that most people who do these achievements follow the same path that I did with attempting all four in one go, with each harder achievement falling off in percentage.

HdPFXzZ.png

I know its still kind of early but Infinite Warfare is sitting at only 66k via Steamspy.

What a collapse for that franchise. PC gaming community just straight up turned their back on COD. Its kind of funny tbqh. The game will probably not even sell 20% of what BLOPS3 and Advanced Warfare sold on steam. At least not without massive dirt cheap discounts.

And they did a Win10 version for some reason too lol.

I actually wrote a thread on this about two and a half years ago, back when we were forced to use concurrent numbers instead of raw sales as our data set.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=812257

At a basic gameplay level, Call of Duty just doesn't target the demographic, as well as a plenty of other issues that will indefinitely reduce the sales on PC for each subsequent iteration.

kagamin

This might seem a little random, but the hardest game I've ever played definitely has to be Tales of Maj'Eyal, I don't think I'll ever get good at that game. :p

Tizoc

Really hope counter strike goes for cheap this coming autumn sale cuz my brother wants to play it now
His lappy uses intel hd but that should be enough to run it for online play

you're not allowed to buy a second copy of CSGO anymore, unless you give your brother Steam Credit

but it's never going to go more than half off because dem smurfs cuz

Tizoc

My brother could just buy it himself only reason id gift it is if he isnt able to buy it at the time of its discount

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I miss when you shilled for weird japanese fighting games.

Im being totally serious too.

Tizoc

I miss when you shilled for weird japanese fighting games.

Im being totally serious too.
not many weird jp fighters that interest me lately :p
Last one i got was melty blood and right now i am waiting on the rumble fish 2 to get a pc releas
Maybe playism games or ghostlight could get it on steam @o@
Id get under night inbirth but the one on steam is an older ver of the game

kagamin

Shilling for a series that no longer has any localized games is pretty hard my friend, but I try
(try to guess which one)
, otherwise I could just try my hand at convincing you guys to play Project Diva Future Tone, but that got a leak from a ratings board (Germany I think) so I'll take the wait and see approach, I don't personally like recommending buying games on Japanese PSN because you have to buy cards and such lol.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So my local Wal-Mart (USA) had a physical PC copy of Alan Wake and Alan Wake: An American Nightmare for $20. I can not find any details at all anywhere about this release.

Has anyone bought this set? Was wondering if the games were actually on discs, if it was a steam copy, did it included the patches and bonus content on discs and what DRM it uses.

Both games are entirely Steamworks, with the obvious exception of the DRM-free versions on GOG and Humble (although the latter also come with a Steam key).

Momentary

Banned
My office is almost done. I need to tidy up some cables in some areas and buy some lighting and decor for the walls. Got the desk set up today with a little knights table and my beer drinking / lounge chair behind my setup. The room is small, but I'm just glad I finally have my own space to game and work.

Durante

so this is the scenario
1- i set up nvidia inspector settings and then click on apply settings this makes the settings saved and should be active when the game is run
2- the aa setinge i use DO NOT GET APPLIED when i run the game

So what is preventing nvidia inspector for injecting or applying the settings is hat i need t find out
Is it an administrator issue? I have latest nvidia drivers but win10 isnt updated past ann. Update
Furthermore i did not use nvidia control panel to force or make any custom settings for the game
You have the right executable associated with the profile?

inspector7pu33.png

Durante

What's all this talk about Xanadu and AA? Is the AA from the config tool not good enough?
Well, it's one of the very few games released these days where you have both the performance headroom (on a modern card) and the ability (since it's a simple renderer) to use SGSSAA, so it's a good opportunity to be reminded of just how good AA can be ;)

Lain

Well, it's one of the very few games released these days where you have both the performance headroom (on a modern card) and the ability (since it's a simple renderer) to use SGSSAA, so it's a good opportunity to be reminded of just how good AA can be ;)

Oh. I'm gonna try it then.

Kaleinc

Banned
My office is almost done. I need to tidy up some cables in some areas and buy some lighting and decor for the walls. Got the desk set up today with a little knights table and my beer drinking / lounge chair behind my setup. The room is small, but I'm just glad I finally have my own space to game and work.
Don't you get blinded by case lights?

Ludens

Banned
Happy birthday!
Also why Groupee doesn't unlock the mystery game (which should be Last Door Season 2, stating to their newsletter, the reason I bought the bundle)? Six days left, not even 4000 bundles sold, and they don't want to boost sales.

KainXVIII

Simple and beautiful!

Jawmuncher

they did a Win10 version because Microsoft tossed them a sack of money

Dumb that MS is wasting money on that, but not their play anywhere support. At this point, I think that's the only way they could possibly grow the MSstore to be more than people just buying exclusives.

dimmer

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dead Effect 2 -- MB-EEC40C8AF959ABD2 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.

t1478435383z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Anyone know why Steam runs the MS VC Redist thing every time I launch Civ 6?

You're not uninstalling then reinstalling the game, are you? :p You can delete the _CommonRedist folder in the game's installation directory to skip the first-time setup process.

Danj

You're not uninstalling then reinstalling the game, are you? :p You can delete the _CommonRedist folder in the game's installation directory to skip the first-time setup process.

No, I tried verifying the files in case something had got corrupted but it keeps running the VC Redist each time. I'll try deleting that folder, thanks for the tip.

Have a nice birthday iosefe.
Looks tidy and nice. Congrats.

I never looked back after positioning my desk away from a wall. Being able to my stretch my legs is the best. Plus you get to see an open view and not a wall straight before your face.

@Rayge

I really love that setup! Can I ask the brand of joystick and monitor? And is each controller on its own wireless usb dongle?

MadGear

I really enjoyed my first ever playthrough of RE HD, a surprisingly great game, even today. The last fight ended a bit sooner than I expected, but I also ended the game with a massive surplus of resources (playing on normal), so I had plenty of grenade rounds to spent. In hindsight I wish I used that weapon more, but I decided early on to keep it as a boss only weapon. I will make better use of it during my next run.

To be honest, I feel some regret for never experiencing the classic RE1 back in the day. I was briefly considering to play RE2 now before I get to play the remake (next year?) but I doubt that this would have the desired effect. At this point its probably best to just wait for the remake and go in blind again.

Oh well, next I'm going to start a playthrough using Chris and I'll probably pick up RE0 during the next sale as well (although I'm reading some mixed opinions on that one).

I really enjoyed my first ever playthrough of RE HD, a surprisingly great game, even today. The last fight ended a bit sooner than I expected, but I also ended the game with a massive surplus of resources (playing on normal), so I had plenty of grenade rounds to spent. In hindsight I wish I used that weapon more, but I decided early on to keep it as a boss only weapon. I will make better use of it during my next run.

To be honest, I feel some regret for never experiencing the classic RE1 back in the day. I was briefly considering to play RE2 now before I get to play the remake (next year?) but I doubt that this would have the desired effect. At this point its probably best to just wait for the remake and go in blind again.

Oh well, next I'm going to start a playthrough using Chris and I'll probably pick up RE0 during the next sale as well (although I'm reading some mixed opinions on that one).
Wait there's a RE2 remake coming? Awesome news.

RE2 and RE4 are where it's at.

Not even Leon is enough to save RE6.

Jawmuncher

RE2make was announced last year. They're working on it right now. RE7 is basically done so all hands on deck for RE2make is more than likely now. Closer to the end of 2018 more than likely.

Grief.exe

They've been working on RE2 Remake for over a year, we will likely get some juicy footage in 2017.

It's clear they were working on the pipeline during RE Remake HD as they created quite a few background images that couldn't be upscaled from the old version.

RE2make was announced last year. They're working on it right now. RE7 is basically done so all hands on deck for RE2make is more than likely now. Closer to the end of 2018 more than likely.

Probably not all hands on deck as they have several projects in the pipeline, but RE2 Remake isn't going to be a massive seller so they will likely keep the margins higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom