• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
In other news, Gunmetal Arcadia Zero is up on itch.io as Pay What You Want until November 8th.

My guess would be if you pay >$0.00, you will get a Steam key when it is added to Steam--the recommended price is $5.99, and the developer gives you the OST if you give at least $3.99.
https://piratehearts.itch.io/gunmetal-arcadia-zero

(The game was already in Humble Monthly, so if you subscribed for that, this offer need not apply)

zSz4NMS.png

itch doesn't add stuff you pay $0.00 for to your collection so I would guess you will not get a key in that circumstance.

I really liked Super Win The Game, so I'm down for this.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Crystal Catacombs -- MB-24C3C4DF33542147 - Taken by trailmix16

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Did some gardening and now im going back to the mansion. Those Hunters will start popping now right? I got a Magnum with their name on it.

rtcn63

Did some gardening and now im going back to the mansion. Those Hunters will start popping now right? I got a Magnum with their name on it.

Remember not to shoot them while they're down. I-frames or something. And use the shotgun/grenade launcher.

Lain

Xanadu Next is definitely fun, despite the dated controls.
Those flame slimes are annoying with their explosions hitting no matter what.

Tizoc

Nope, Xanadu next doesn't need any of those. It's DX8.

Tizoc, simple things, but did you press "apply" in inspector, and did you associate the profile with the right .exe?

It's somewhat like a Ys game which is more RPG-heavy (in terms of stats, equipment and skills). With interconnected levels / an interconnected world where you unlock shortcuts, a bit in the vein of a Metroidvania or even Souls games. The battles are fast-paced and feel really good like Ys, but with a big focus on positioning.

It's good.
Yup got i linked to xanadu.exe and ive pressed apply settings
Do ingotta wait for a green bar at the bottom to fill up firet or is it instant?

kagamin

Just finished up the last story mission in Splinter Cell Blacklist, liked it overall, just unhappy about the forced combat section where I was repeatedly mowed down until I just ended up switching to an assault rifle instead of trying to stun the enemies.

yay, it's my birthday. what should i get?

Treat yourself to this lovely game:

Nabs

i know positively dick about xanadu next. educate me

Ever play one of the PC Ys games?

It's somewhat like a Ys game which is more RPG-heavy (in terms of stats, equipment and skills). With interconnected levels / an interconnected world where you unlock shortcuts, a bit in the vein of a Metroidvania or even Souls games. The battles are fast-paced and feel really good like Ys, but with a big focus on positioning.

It's good.

Tizoc

so this is the scenario
1- i set up nvidia inspector settings and then click on apply settings this makes the settings saved and should be active when the game is run
2- the aa setinge i use DO NOT GET APPLIED when i run the game

So what is preventing nvidia inspector for injecting or applying the settings is hat i need t find out
Is it an administrator issue? I have latest nvidia drivers but win10 isnt updated past ann. Update
Furthermore i did not use nvidia control panel to force or make any custom settings for the game

iosefe

There actually exists a steven universe avatar that is as squiggly as his avatar; i have it saved on my laptop
You do know what ateven universe is right?

he feels my avatar should always be a variation of the one i just had an hour ago, or a variation of it

it was a great avatar

yuraya

Bundlestars has some decent deals on few things.

F.E.A.R bundle going for 5$. Don't think I've ever seen a better deal than that on those games.

Saints Row and Darksiders games are pretty cheap too there if anyone doesn't have them.

Also GMG has a good deal on Deus Ex bundle. Only 7$ with vip.

Teggy

LOL, I just realized the super racist sort of KKK leader in Mafia III is Nolan North. It's kind of crazy hearing him throw the n-word off left and right. They even used his face on the character.

Should I bite on Firewatch at this price? On a scale from Virginia to Gone Home how much gameplay is there?

Jawmuncher

LOL, I just realized the super racist sort of KKK leader in Mafia III is Nolan North. It's kind of crazy hearing him throw the n-word off left and right. They even used his face on the character.

Should I bite on Firewatch at this price? On a scale from Virginia to Gone Home how much gameplay is there?

Does he use his Nathan drake voice?

Teggy

Does he use his Nathan drake voice?

No, he uses a southern accent, which is why it took me so long to figure it out, and for the first chunk of the game you only hear him on the radio. When they showed the character on screen it finally clicked.

kagamin

I probably I'll just stick to varying degrees of Takane for my avatars now, that seems fair enough I think, considering how much of a fan of her I am.

I would honestly say it has more actual gameplay than Gone Home, and yes it's definitely worth it at that price.

Granjinha

firewatch sucks

buy oxenfree instead

k thx bye

Granjinha

Already have it. I think I am like 30 minutes to the end but haven't played it since the week it came out.

buy the fall, then. It's great and has more gameplay than Firewatch :p

(it also won Giantbomb's story goty award in 2014/2015, i think? cant remember)

Kevin

So my local Wal-Mart (USA) had a physical PC copy of Alan Wake and Alan Wake: An American Nightmare for $20. I can not find any details at all anywhere about this release.

Has anyone bought this set? Was wondering if the games were actually on discs, if it was a steam copy, did it included the patches and bonus content on discs and what DRM it uses.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

Firewatch thrives off of the chemistry between the two park rangers - both the writing and performances steal the show. There's enough gameplay to keep you occupied rather than aimlessly wandering while looking for what you need to do next, but still lets you go off the beaten path every once in a while to explore the gorgeous pastel scenery. There are a lot of complaints about the lead-up to the ending, but, I think most people have, well... warmed up to it by now.

Did you like Gone Home? Did you like Virginia? There's a pretty good chance that you'll like Firewatch if either of those clicked for you! It's sitting at ~430k owners on Steamspy right now, making it one of the more popular of the 'walking sim' type games. It's only trailing Gone Home by about 220k copies, despite GH having a 3 year lead on it.

yuraya

I know its still kind of early but Infinite Warfare is sitting at only 66k via Steamspy.

What a collapse for that franchise. PC gaming community just straight up turned their back on COD. Its kind of funny tbqh. The game will probably not even sell 20% of what BLOPS3 and Advanced Warfare sold on steam. At least not without massive dirt cheap discounts.

And they did a Win10 version for some reason too lol.

Jimrpg

Looks like everyone on GAF has sold their Dragon Dogma steam keys over at the BTS thread, if you still have yours, ill buy it off you.

I'd much rather buy it off someone here, than sign up for humble monthly and try to sell the extra keys. I think this is the first game, that genuinely says sign up to humble bundle for me, I think the last few months have been pretty good in general with Grim Dawn, SV and now Dragon's Dogma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom