• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annubis

I went with the 3 categories given above, translated to French, just to give the feature a try. It seems my French store would not recognize the English tags.

otBISEU.png

Anime translates to Manga?

I, uh... what?

kagamin

Maybe you know I'm not as deeply afflicted with these problems because I'm mostly playing Japanese games without voice acting for the most part.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
This is glorious. I can filter visual novels and early access while keeping the stuff I actually like.

It seems like something that should have been there right from the start. Thanks to jshackles for having done it awhile ago. Can't wait to see how good this gets once Enhanced Steam is up and running fully.

Jawmuncher

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/337000/

Just beat this. Took me 15 hours, doing all the side missions I ran into, exploring areas, & playing lethal with limited stealth. Actually enjoyed it more than the 1st. I feel the balance on styles was a bit better here. Especially with being able to use Omni-tools. I didn't put any points into hacking and was rarely locked out of any areas. About the only complaint I really have is that the game kinda forces stealth in one section later in the game. But you can thankfully run past if need be. Playing it as an action game was so satisfying.

I didn't feel the ending was an issue. Maybe since I knew before hand, but it wasn't as abrupt as I was expecting. Everything I needed was answered at the end.

rtcn63

I think both Dishonored and MD would be better off if the games didn't have the blink/teleport ability. It's just too OP no matter how you animu it.

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/337000/

Just beat this. Took me 15 hours, doing all the side missions I ran into, exploring areas, & playing lethal with limited stealth. Actually enjoyed it more than the 1st. I feel the balance on styles was a bit better here. Especially with being able to use Omni-tools. I didn't put any points into hacking and was rarely locked out of any areas. About the only complaint I really have is that the game kinda forces stealth in one section later in the game. But you can thankfully run past if need be. Playing it as an action game was so satisfying.

I didn't feel the ending was an issue. Maybe since I knew before hand, but it wasn't as abrupt as I was expecting. Everything I needed was answered at the end.

Yeah I think the multi-tool and crafting stuff was done really well and made it easier to spec into the stuff you want not the stuff you needed.

oipic

Not sure I like the filtering of the top sellers lists - needs an extra click or two to get to the real info - I don't find 'here are the top sellers that you don't own' very useful. Is there any way to change this?

Edit: no biggie, I guess - easy enough to get to the full list, never mind.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Luckily you can play the game without ever using blink in Dishonored. That's what I did in my last play through of it.

------

Man, I do not like DLC not being able to go under $0.49.

mp1990

Banned
Finally beat FFX after 40 hours (the Steam tracker recorded 48 hours but that's probably because I died 8 times to the last boss, he's tough). Anyway, for all its faults (which are plenty, many of them associated to it being a 15 years old game), it's one of the best games I've played this year, and it definitely struck a chord with me like few other games did. Honestly, had I played it during a different time period, maybe I wouldn't have enjoyed it as much, but a lot of its themes and symbolism resonate with me, and that, allied to a charming cast, made me enjoy it a lot. I also started X-2, but I'm not sure if I'll keep with it, seems too much of fanfiction for my taste.

And yeah the laughing scene sucks. There's no defending that.

Erekiddo

Is there a reason Steam remains reluctant on letting you redeem codes online? Enough fraud as it is?

I hate having code(s) and having to wait until I'm near a PC with a client on it.

Quoting myself as this thread moved fast during the change.

Anyone know?

Corpekata

Banned
Oh, the store update is live, cool.

In case you didn't find the answer in the guru3d thread Nabs linked, here's what you can do to change the delayed injection stuff back without rolling back versions.
Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\RivaTuner Statistics Server\Profiles\ and open the Global file in a txt editor. Find the InjectionDelayTriggers=IGO64.dll line and edit it so it says InjectionDelayTriggers=IGO64.dll,GameOverlayRenderer64.dll and save the file.

Basically it's just adding the 64bit Steam overlay back to the delayed injection config so it doesn't automatically kill itself when Afterburner is running.

Hmm, for some reason I don't have a Global config. There's one under Profile Templates, but when pasted into the profiles folder, attempting to edit and then save it gives me a no permissions reaction.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Dishonored 2 had its unlock time updated earlier. AU/NZ and Asia get it first, in ~36.5 hours, followed by Europe in ~45.5 hours and the Americas in two days (and possibly some change). Add an hour if Valve still hasn't fixed the countdown timer.

Quoting myself as this thread moved fast during the change.

Anyone know?

Valve's never said anything on the matter.

Regginator

Search for the tag. ;)

Haha I tried that, but what I specifically meant was a combination of several (in this case maybe three) tags. Steam does have the "Narrow by related tags" but I find the options rather lacklustre.

So that if you filter on cyberpunk, story and stealth, you'd get the Deus Ex series and maybe other games I'm not aware of that I might like.

Prurient

Banned
Hope I've done this right...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Prurient, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

BROFORCE -- MB-9B68B8131FA9D7A2 - Taken by Mikurden
t1cxE6r.gif
STYX MASTER OF SHADOWS -- MB-F39D8DA111CE89F0 - Taken by kagamin
SKULLGIRLS -- MB-D1F0C046EE8B19A5 - Taken by Costa1774
SPELUNKY -- MB-1AB667C1BEBE0782 - Taken by ExoSoul
KATHY RAIN -- MB-CAB2CEA188F21167 - Taken by septicore
PIRATE POP PLUS -- MB-46C3C62BA0DF7435 - Taken by longlivegaming

gelf

And Visual Novels are now filtered out. I'll give anime outside of that a chance for now as I like the occasional JRPG. Only VN I care about though is Ace Attorney and if that ever came to Steam I'm sure I'd know about it anyway.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Haha I tried that, but what I specifically meant was a combination of several (in this case maybe three) tags. Steam does have the "Narrow by related tags" but I find the options rather lacklustre.

So that if you filter on cyberpunk, story and stealth, you'd get the Deus Ex series and maybe other games I'm not aware of that I might like.

Well, you can combine the "Cyberpunk", "Story-rich" and "Stealth" tags to get exactly that, but since the system uses ids rather than the tags themselves, there's no easy way to use a specific tag that it doesn't suggest. E.g. 4115 is Cyberpunk, but 4116 is unassigned.

oipic

Does anyone know if the new store filters (by tag) also affect the discovery queue?

There are a few tags I'd happily filter out, in order to perhaps not see them on the store home page or wherever, provided this doesn't also prevent them hitting the queue - I'm happy to see everything once just in case some dodgy tagging inadvertently sees something hidden that shouldn't be.

C'mon.. if you're filtering out anime you won't get to see:

- Final Fantasy games
- Tales of games
- Dragonball games
- Naruto games
- Street Fighter games
- Trails games
- God Eater
- Danganronpa
etc

There are good apples in the ocean of the bad ones.

kagamin

C'mon.. if you're filtering out anime you won't get to see:

- Final Fantasy games
- Tales of games
- Dragonball games
- Naruto games
- Street Fighter games
- Trails games
- God Eater
- Danganronpa
etc

There are good apples in the ocean of the bad ones.

You also won't see:

xezuru

Everyone of those series have gone down hill/died to me so I'll stick to reminiscing about FFXIV:ARR and when Tales were good.

Corpekata

Banned
The filters aren't absolute anyway. It's just less often, and is likely influenced by how high it is tagged.

Like Street Fighter isn't going to get blocked by the anime tag because other tags are what define it.

kagamin

The filters aren't absolute anyway. It's just less often, and is likely influenced by how high it is tagged.

Like Street Fighter isn't going to get blocked by the anime tag because other tags are what define it.

Popular tags are what defines something.

Corpekata

Banned

The actual popular ones are on the store page itself.

They aren't random. The ones on the store page are the ones that are actually popular, and thus are what would determine their priority in filtering. Something like Naruto is going to get filtered by anime before Aragami is, because a shitload more people tag it with anime.

Like, Female Protagonist is one for SFV too. If someone for whatever reason filters that out, it isn't going to block SFV, because only a minority of the people tagging it are tagging it with that, but it WOULD filter out a game where that was the highest voted tag.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Regarding Dishonored 2 DRM:
ftPdDOIl.jpg

Is this activation limit on top of Denuvo and Steam DRM, or is that just a thing Denuvo does now?

At least they're letting people know that the game uses Denuvo. I think that's a first.

Also:

Enhanced Steam has been updated to version 9.0.1. This maintenance release includes the following bug fixes:
  • Home page "All New Releases" and "Popular" tabs now use the same visual format of other tabs
  • Fixed a few localization errors in the options page
  • Removed the home page carousel feature as it is now somewhat redundant with popup flyovers
  • Removed the home page customization feature as it was causing some user's browsers to crash

Don't worry, the "customize" menu on the home page will come back in a future release, but it needs to be completely re-written and I felt it was important to remove it for the time being to ensure users had a good experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom