• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone had experience with Steam support and account hacking? A friend of mine found out last Friday his account had been hacked and could no longer access it. He emailed Steam support straight away and hasn't heard anything. Meanwhile someone has bought the account off a Russian website and is now using it to play CSGO and DOTA2.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
been busy lately but playing REmake in 20-30mins bursts wasnt very smart, im actually out of ink ribbons because of it, because every time I did one of those small chunks I didnt want to lose that progress even if it wasnt much. Need to save it for when I have some actual time to play.

Also fuck Hunters. But not really. But kinda.

Jawmuncher

Has anyone had experience with Steam support and account hacking? A friend of mine found out last Friday his account had been hacked and could no longer access it. He emailed Steam support straight away and hasn't heard anything. Meanwhile someone has bought the account off a Russian website and is now using it to play CSGO and DOTA2.

Once you finally get a hold of them, They should check the ip and ask for some form of verification that you own if. Such as a CDkey or something if I recall. You should be alright since your friend did it early. After this he should definitely use 2FA.

been busy lately but playing REmake in 20-30mins bursts wasnt very smart, im actually out of ink ribbons because of it, because every time I did one of those small chunks I didnt want to lose that progress even if it wasnt much. Need to save it for when I have some actual time to play.

Also fuck Hunters. But not really. But kinda.

Yeah RE is kind of a selfish game. Unless you're on very easy or have infinite ink ribbons. You really can't play in bursts. Most of the time you're better off in your burst time trying stuff out to see the future like Nicolas cage in next, and the. Using that knowledge when you actually sit down and play.

shira

I think Steam support works by how long you have been a member. Those people with 10+ years of service and 2000 games seem to get pretty fast response.

But yeah 2FA is a must.

Lain

Non puoi completare l'acquisto: un oggetto nel carrello è già incluso in un altro pacchetto; in altre parole stai acquistando qualcosa più volte. Tipicamente stai acquistando una versione deluxe di un gioco che già include un DLC e, separatamente, lo stesso DLC.

What the fuck is wrong with Steam? Nothing in my cart is a double. Nothing in my cart is something I already own, and yet I keep getting that error, which roughly translates as hey, you have something in your cart which is already included in another package.
It's simply not letting me buy anything which is part of a pack, like the Trillion bundle.

Edit: Apparently, Trillion got updated to include the 10$ DLC for free and that was triggering my problem. I tried removing stuff from the cart 1 at a time but it was still giving me the issue even without the Trillion bundle which was weird, but now managed to make the purchase.

Jawmuncher

btw, go vote today!

Especially if you live in the US.
Ok I will
8B680ADFBB455370ADFEA2E6CD314CD337B2734A

The tag-filtering is a good idea on paper, but it actually requires people not to abuse the tag system and/or for moderators to actually respond to tag reports. And I doubt either of those will happen any time soon. (Hell, this tag filtering might actually prompt more tag abuse to make sure more filtering happens.)

WE DID IT BREHS

I'd have been happier if they brought back Earth's Mightiest Heroes (instead of that shitty Avengers Assemble) or that other Justice League, but...I'll take it.

Once you finally get a hold of them, They should check the ip and ask for some form of verification that you own if. Such as a CDkey or something if I recall. You should be alright since your friend did it early. After this he should definitely use 2FA.

I think Steam support works by how long you have been a member. Those people with 10+ years of service and 2000 games seem to get pretty fast response.

But yeah 2FA is a must.

I'll mention that too him, a CDkey seems like a very good way to confirm its his account. He told me he did have steam guard activated but never got an email mentioning his email was changed. He email was recently pwned, so that could be how they gained access.

gelf

C'mon.. if you're filtering out anime you won't get to see:

- Final Fantasy games
- Tales of games
- Dragonball games
- Naruto games
- Street Fighter games
- Trails games
- God Eater
- Danganronpa
etc

There are good apples in the ocean of the bad ones.
It's precisely because I'm into some of those that I need some filtering. Steam thinks I should like all those visual novels just because I like Guilty Gear,Valkyria Chronicles etc. I was going to just block VNs but I'm tempted to block anime as a whole now just to see what makes it through because of my other preferences.

Feels good to finally play Dragon's Dogma. Was put off by the frame-rate on PS3 and couldn't afford it at release on PC.
Visually it hasn't aged well but it's fun from what I've played.

I must be close to finishing Doom, as much as I love it I'm ready for it to be over, it's getting a bit repetitive.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Shutter -- MB-29327706925EB0E2 - Taken by Vuze
Cluck Yegger in Escape From The Planet of The Poultroid -- MB-55B559B2E0E1755D - Taken by Tizoc
Five Nights at Freddy's 2 -- MB-7DD811C04FB89505 - Taken by bloke

Nzyme32

From Paradox regarding Tyranny:

"Let's play embargo is November 8th, 6 AM Pacific Review embargo is November 10th, 6AM Pacific - So you can expect coverage and reviews before launch :)"

So might have a whole lot more info coming out in about an hour. Not sure when I should post the OT. What's the general rules on posting those?

Nzyme32

Dishonored 2 preloads apparently go up today. When is GMG sending me my key?

Speaking of Key sending - I used GamesPlanet for the first time and there are a couple of impressive things over GMG.

First off - simple as fuck refund option right in the account per game, and they are very prompt, possibly automated for preorders.

Second - they list the exact day you will get the key - for Tyranny that is apparently today. Let's see if they stick to it

Hektor

Speaking of Key sending - I used GamesPlanet for the first time and there are a couple of impressive things over GMG.

First off - simple as fuck refund option right in the account per game, and they are very prompt, possibly automated for preorders.

Second - they list the exact day you will get the key - for Tyranny that is apparently today. Let's see if they stick to it

Third they actively support buying from different regions.

Pixieking

Banned
Yeah, Tyranny was a really good price on Gamesplanet. Given the absolute cock-ups GMG have had recently (allowing the purchase of wrong region keys for Civ VI with no refunds, for instance), I think I'll be using GMG as a last resort now, and checking Gamesplanet first. Dishonored 2 will be my last purchase from GMG (and that's just because getting a refund from them is like drawing teeth).

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

tSosaRZ.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-F56BF1B585D15905 - Taken by KainXVIII. 27 entrants total.

t1478699403z1.png

Feels good to finally play Dragon's Dogma. Was put off by the frame-rate on PS3 and couldn't afford it at release on PC.
Visually it hasn't aged well but it's fun from what I've played.

I must be close to finishing Doom, as much as I love it I'm ready for it to be over, it's getting a bit repetitive.

There are mods and ENBs out there if you want to enhance the visuals.

Here's what my game looks like:

moQviIb.png

Very late last night I finished this. The story is not very deep or interesting but what makes it stand out is the story-telling. The atmosphere is filled to the brim and the many collectibles do a great job at fleshing it out. I did learn a lot about the world of Batman so it was a little disappointing that so few bosses were in the game. Oh well, there's enough future games to rectify that.
The combat is the right amount of challenge but it's more on the easy side. Leveling up Batman wasn't very satisfying. It's the gadgets you upgrade and acquire during the campaign which add for nice new gameplay mechanics. Getting access to previously unreachable places makes for a nice sense of progression.

While neither being a classic open-world nor traditionally linear, the mixture of both elements worked very well in the end. There is minimal backtracking unless you have an itch to complete all Riddler Challenges - which I did - but thanks to compact levels it didn't get tedious. I'm interested to see how this changes with future Batman games that went open-world.
On a technical level the game holds up surprisingly well, especially with unusually good texture work. Of course there are low-poly characters, assets and unconvincing lighting at spots but given it's a game from 2010, it still looks very nice. The pre-rendered cutscenes on the other hand are of unquestionably putrid quality with at times more artifacts than video. How did this even got through. Very recommended.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Planet Explorers is out of Early Access, time to revisit it, it seemed cool when I tried it like 1 year ago

Installing Arkham City right now. Read a lot about people saying it's better than Asylum.

What you say, City or Asylum?

Ive never seen anyone say that City is better than Asylum. You would have to be some sort of crazy trump supporter to think that

Rhaknar

im drawing more and more parralels between REmake and Dark Souls as I venture forth. Kinda neat.

WTB more acid grenades. Acid grenades are life. Well death for Hunters and giant snakes.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Installing Arkham City right now. Read a lot about people saying it's better than Asylum.

What you say, City or Asylum?

It's Asylum. Always has been and always will be. City's open world doesn't replace the Metroid style of progression from Asylum in a satisfactory way. It gives you more to do but doesn't feel as good doing it. The combat is mostly the same and the writing is ok, but requires you to make some big leaps of understanding or reading some tie-in comics to figure out how things got to this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom