• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, I'm loving the new desktop store update. I don't have to actually go to each game's store page to see the screenshots. Screenshots are usually the main factor that determine my purchase or not. The mobile version, in the other hand, is a step down from previous version imho. There are lots of scrolling now, whether it's to the side or downward.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
C'mon.. if you're filtering out anime you won't get to see:

- Final Fantasy games
- Tales of games
- Dragonball games
- Naruto games
- Street Fighter games
- Trails games
- God Eater
- Danganronpa
etc

There are good apples in the ocean of the bad ones.
Nothing of value lost.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think the big list at the left is really good and generally the store looks prettier and less cluttered but i really hate that they're still doing one big featured game and that's it

i feel like the biggest issue with steam is visibility and having the front page being principally devoted to call of duty is disappointing

Sch1sm

- Final Fantasy games
- Tales of games
- Dragonball games
- Naruto games
- Street Fighter games
- Trails games
- God Eater
- Danganronpa
etc

Does it genuinely block every single game that's tagged as anime, or does it take into account what other tags associated with the game are also related to games you've played recently/have play time in? That's my wonder. Either way: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Jawmuncher

Shadow:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLFMK8jmQ3s
vbLSqU.gif

This is probably an enemy that can be defeated normally. Since what we can tell from the bakers, is that they regenerate to some extent.

Aunt Rhody:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3yVqnWKYiI
zzJdVx.gif

The video itself I couldn't pick much out of. Besides that this character will probably end up playing a big role I think.
Dusk Golem will probably have more to offer when he shows up.

Curious if the demo will be timed exclusive for PS or if the early chance to play it was the time exclusive part. Since we already know it's coming to PC.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

- Final Fantasy games
- Tales of games
- Dragonball games
- Naruto games
- Street Fighter games
- Trails games
- God Eater
- Danganronpa
etc

As long as Neko Titty-Chan's Little Sister Forbidden Desire Star Luv ~ Pixel Goddess ~~!! is riding off the coattails of that stuff, good riddance. Can't expect people to come visit if you don't keep your house clean.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think my three filters are gonna be:
- memes
- simulators
- clicker

probably gonna be enough for me

edit: ended up exchanging simulators for racing

wish u could filter out more tags

Adnor

Banned
qMpRAuZ.png

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Adnor, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Asdivine Hearts -- MB-E3E592B0D51416FF - Taken by Jadax. 4 entrants total.
Spider: Rite of the Shrouded Moon -- MB-C12974B35A73DF0B - Taken by Zeeman. 6 entrants total.
BADLAND -- MB-EBA304627FA6F019 - Taken by longlivegaming. 2 entrants total.
Unmechanical -- MB-1734F34479A74C37 - Taken by ExoSoul. 2 entrants total.
Abyss Odyssey -- MB-C8E7C9A562094762 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
Please Don't Touch Anything -- MB-2D948F4DC27823F2 - Taken by KenOD. 8 entrants total.

t1478586824z1.png

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
As long as Neko Titty-Chan's Little Sister Forbidden Desire Star Luv ~ Pixel Goddess ~~!! is riding off the coattails of that stuff, good riddance. Can't expect people to come visit if you don't keep your house clean.

I googled that and got Immoral Sisters 1.

Thanks for the recommendation Stump!

zkylon

zkylewd
happy beeday

^^^ Happy Birthday!

That spider game looks interesting, might enter for it. Oh wait, I already own it, downloading now!
the lead of spider is a pretty smart ex looking glass dude who's name escapes me right now, but the game's supposedly pretty good

i wouldn't know, for obvious reasons, but i heard good things about the game

Are there ever any deals on steam wallet cards? Do they ever run any Black Friday deals?

I usually see a sale on them every few months from some major retailers (Target, Best Buy, Fry's) with a BOGO %off, or a straight 10-20% off on $50 or more. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the stores had a sale on them around BF.

Nothing of value lost.

:(

Does it genuinely block every single game that's tagged as anime, or does it take into account what other tags associated with the game are also related to games you've played recently/have play time in? That's my wonder. Either way: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Yeah, it seems so:
The filters aren't absolute anyway. It's just less often, and is likely influenced by how high it is tagged.

Like Street Fighter isn't going to get blocked by the anime tag because other tags are what define it.

I think filtering out 'dating sim', 'cute', 'nudity' and 'visual novels' would be sufficient enough for that kind of games. At least that's what I'm doing. I'm sorry Danganronpa, etc.

Happy birthday~!

Don't filter out what you hate the most, filter out what you expect to see the most of. e.g., a meme game here or there is far less egregious than the ten thousand local co-op games out there.
Thought Into Darkness was infinitely better then beyond

Oh, NuTrek is uniformly terrible.

I must have confused Beyond with X-Men Apocalypse's reception, because I recall it having some level of respect for the franchise. But no, it's nuTrek, where action and spectacle are all that matter. Like, having recently watched Wrath of Khan, Beyond's greatest sin is how bad the writing is; there's no character and the plot is barely hanging together. Really disappointing considering Simon Pegg was involved with the script.

And to bring it back to Steam, it's incredibly unfortunate that Star Trek has been such a wasteland in terms of games. There's so much untapped potential. (Stellaris' Star Trek mod is one to watch on this front.)

Hey kids!

I'm waiting for PayPal... Sometimes they have cool deals on wallet funds.

RE7 looks incredible every time they reveal more stuff.

Were you a fan of the initial reveal?
I stopped paying attention because I didn't like the direction they took the franchise... I'm guessing the newer reveals aren't going to change my mind at this point if I wasn't interested after the initial reveal/demo.

Hey kids!

Were you a fan of the initial reveal?
I stopped paying attention because I didn't like the direction they took the franchise... I'm guessing the newer reveals aren't going to change my mind at this point if I wasn't interested after the initial reveal/demo.
I was. But I also hated RE6 so, yeah.

kagamin

OK... so this sim, Sailaway, according to the press release will be receiving pricing details for the official release this month, and it seems like this version was supposed to launch this month as well but I have no idea if that will happen or not. But to spark some interest here's some information straight from their front page:
Ocean sailing simulator
Sail between islands, across oceans or around the world.

Alone on a vast ocean with nothing but water as far as you can see. The water carries you, the wind pushes you and the stars guide you.

For some people this sounds like a nightmare, for others it's a dream. The Sailaway simulation software lets you live that dream.

and a couple of screenshots from their gallery:

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Adnor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Adnor, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Asdivine Hearts -- MB-E3E592B0D51416FF - Taken by Jadax. 4 entrants total.
Spider: Rite of the Shrouded Moon -- MB-C12974B35A73DF0B - Taken by Zeeman. 6 entrants total.
BADLAND -- MB-EBA304627FA6F019 - Taken by longlivegaming. 2 entrants total.
Unmechanical -- MB-1734F34479A74C37 - Taken by ExoSoul. 2 entrants total.
Abyss Odyssey -- MB-C8E7C9A562094762 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
Please Don't Touch Anything -- MB-2D948F4DC27823F2 - Taken by KenOD. 8 entrants total.

t1478586824z1.png

Thanks for the advice SteamGAF, I kind of shuffled the order around and will probably game through my RPG backlist in this order:

• Planescape: Torment (Replay)
  • Fallout 3
  • Mass Effect 3
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  • Baldur's Gate EE (Evil)
  • Might & Magic World of Xeen
  • Baldur's Gate II EE (Evil)

Should take me about a year to finish all this.. maybe I should start a blog of some sort for this..

Thanks for the advice SteamGAF, I kind of shuffled the order around and will probably game through my RPG backlist in this order:

• Planescape: Torment (Replay)
  • Fallout 3
  • Mass Effect 3
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  • Baldur's Gate EE (Evil)
  • Might & Magic World of Xeen
  • Baldur's Gate II EE (Evil)

Should take me about a year to finish all this.. maybe I should start a blog of some sort for this..
Is a Baldur's Gate without Minsc & Boo worth playing?

No. No it is not.

But really, have you played the Shadowrun games, namely Dragonfall and Hong Kong? They would be good additions to that list. (The RPG backlog never ends.)

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member

No. No it is not.

But really, have you played the Shadowrun games, namely Dragonfall and Hong Kong? They would be good additions to that list. (The RPG backlog never ends.)

These are both amazing points.
The Shadowrun games, specifically Dragonfall and also Hong Kong are great. The Dragonfall campaign is slightly better IMO overall if you were going to force me to choose, but they are both fantastic cyberpunk adventures. Everyone who loves that genre is well served playing them.

No. No it is not.

These are both amazing points.
The Shadowrun games, specifically Dragonfall and also Hong Kong are great. The Dragonfall campaign is slightly better IMO overall if you were going to force me to choose, but they are both fantastic cyberpunk adventures. Everyone who loves that genre is well served playing them.

Minsc and Boo are amazingly cute but I've played through the whole game with them in tow once, I think I want to see what makes Edwin so cool this time around..

I've played Returns and even though it started out OK I wanted to slit my own throat with a blunt spoon by the time it ended. The whole thing went downhill starting with the introduction of the true villan and turned into a complete clusterfuck after the invincible cockroaches thing..

I know Dragonfall gets a lot of praise around here and I do own it, but I don't feel like playing it, like at all..

For your sake though, I'll add that to the end of the list..

3's should probably be banned from Steam threads. It brings up too many painful memories.
I've played Returns and even though it started out OK I wanted to slit my own throat with a blunt spoon by the time it ended. The whole thing went downhill starting with the introduction of the true villan and turned into a complete clusterfuck after the invincible cockroaches thing..

I know Dragonfall gets a lot of praise around here and I do own it, but I don't feel like playing it, like at all..

For your sake though, I'll add that to the end of the list..

Oh, that's fine I wouldn't blame anyone for feeling like that. Returns is a bad game only worth recommending if people want to play all the Harebrained Shadowrun titles. (in that if you play the sequels you can never go back to Returns.)

Just know that Dragonfall is such a quantum leap beyond Returns that it's hard to believe it was made by same team. It's one of those sequels where they take every lesson learned from the previous game to heart to make their product better. (Hong Kong is not nearly as tight, but still good overall.)

DuellingEdits: And re: M&B, good. They are something no person can miss. Like Neverwinter Nights: Shadows of Undrentide's Deekin, only in a format people will actually see.

Monooboe

Alright, really been enjoying Owlboy but it does have some weird shortcomming gamedesignwise, especially for me as a completionist. For example it isn't clear on if one can go back to cleared levels and collect missed coins at first and only opens up one part after some time. Then it decides to tie collecting all coins behind a minigame that I will never be able to perfect so all those hours finecombing every levels came to an end. And no way to quickly travel between areas is also little frustrating but not a huge deal.

As I said, still really liked playing it.:D But as a completionist it will have that unsatisfying unfinished feeling when I beat it.

Tizoc

Alright, really been enjoying Owlboy but it does have some weird shortcomming gamedesignwise, especially for me as a completionist. For example it isn't clear on if one can go back to cleared levels and collect missed coins at first and only opens up one part after some time. Then it decides to tie collecting all coins behind a minigame that I will never be able to perfect so all those hours finecombing every levels came to an end. And no way to quickly travel between areas is also little frustrating but not a huge deal.

As I said, still really liked playing it.:D But as a completionist it will have that unsatisfying unfinished feeling when I beat it.
You can go back at any time even after or before the final boss.

Monooboe

You can go back at any time even after or before the final boss.

Ah yeah I know, it was in the begining after the first cave that I was confused, because it had a section that was closed off with missed coins, which then later opened. I usually spend time in a level till I have all coins. So I have all coins except those that one gets for a perfect run in that canon challange. (I don't have the nerves for that haha)

I have to say also about the game, it's much darker than I expected which was a nice suprise.

deejay

Both Steam and the Ubistore now show the 15th again for Watch_Dogs 2... Let's hope it's true, but I've asked for clarification via Twitter (I expect no response, though).

Durante

Don't you folks dare kill off animu games on Steam until FF XII gets a port! Then you can burn it all down.
I think despite the noise, there are more than enough people on Steam buying anime games.

Especially the ones Stump hates with surprising fervor. (Personally I'd prefer it if the Sakura/Nekopara people buy good VNs, but what can you do)

hohoXD123

Debating whether I should get FFXV now or wait for the eventual PC version, based on the demo I played it looked like it would really benefit from a PC version. Don't want to double dip and go through the whole story twice.

Who makes it? If it's not Meier or Sawyer I wouldn't get my hopes up. Has there really been a good game in the genre since Transport Tycoon? Even Railroads! and Locomotion sucked :(

Hoping something comes out of the blue and resparks the genre the way Skylines did it for city building though..

Yeah, their last game train fever was ridden with problem but i am still hopeful. I need a transport tycoon badly so i can fail in signals miserably again.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Both Steam and the Ubistore now show the 15th again for Watch_Dogs 2... Let's hope it's true, but I've asked for clarification via Twitter (I expect no response, though).

Interesting.

Change #U:3920122 about an hour ago

* Changed Release Date – November 29, 2016 › November 15, 2016

I hope it's a mistake, though. The 15th is too close to Dishonored 2 for my liking.

MaxiLive

http://store.steampowered.com/app/446800/

better be good.
Please be good! :(

I've been watching a few streams and it is getting some high praise. It does look like a modern Transport Tycoon with loads of attention to detail. Some odd usability issues here and there but it does look very promising.

Interesting.

I hope it's a mistake, though. The 15th is too close to Dishonored 2 for my liking.

I'm hoping it's true! It would be an odd mistake to make to go back and edit the launch date on multiple platforms especially Steam. I've pre-ordered on Origin due to the 50% off voucher a while back and that is still showing the 29th for now.

Monooboe

Aah finished Owlboy, despite what I had problems with I really liked it. So gorgeous and the music was really nice. Alot of small nice touches.

I really disagree with those that say the price is too much, was worth full price for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom