• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Installing Arkham City right now. Read a lot about people saying it's better than Asylum.

What you say, City or Asylum?

I liked City more, but people find Asylum better because of City's open world like structure being in a really big area as opposed to Asylum's metroid/metroidvania structure.

Installing Arkham City right now. Read a lot about people saying it's better than Asylum.

I really enjoyed the movement in Asylum and wanted more of it. City gave it too me so I was very happy.
Outside of that City didn't expand on too much. The
Mr Freeze
boss fight was really good though.
I'd still give it to City overall though (the Batman Beyond skin certainly helped).

Nzyme32

I liked City more than Asylum, though this might also be because I spaced out how I played it and didn't binge on it like I did with Asylum. I though City expanded and refined pretty much everything in the game. If you are going into the game blind, I'd encourage you to do so (which is what I did); was kind of pleasantly surprised by a few things in the game even though it's nothing collosal, just unexpected -
such as playing as other characters like Catwoman, and some of the later missions / scarecrow etc
. Also the Physx stuff is very nice, particularly for its time

Nabs

If I'm choosing between City and Asylum, it's Asylum easily. That's a great game.

I didn't care for City at all.

Nabs

XCOM2_controller_01_qlozsD62143.png

XCOM2_controller_02_qlozsD62143.png

Hektor

Aylum > Origins >>> City > Arkahm Knight

Asylum was the most original out of all three for obvious reasons, but it also had a better atmosphere overall because you were running around on a small island, rather than a big empty city with no civilians anywhere.

While having some backtracking, it didn't had as much as the other three open world games because those have you running from one part of the city to the other over and over again.

City was just iterative of what Asylum build, in the typical BIGGER = BETTER mindset without putting a lot of new stuff into it.

Origins was basically the same as city, but had the cooler atmosphere with it taking place on christmas and the traversal was more fun because the city wasn't underwater to 50% like it was in city.

Arkham Knight could've been the second game on the ranking for me, as i am one of the few people that actually liked the batmobile sections, but it got butchered by

• The bad port
  • The REALLY BAD "twist"
  • The unessecary true ending thing
  • And the Ubisofted Open World

I liked City more, but people find Asylum better because of City's open world like structure being in a really big area as opposed to Asylum's metroid/metroidvania structure.

It's not that big, I thought it was the right size, Asylum feels a bit claustrophobic, you spend the game going back and forth between a hand full of buildings.
City was a natural evolution without going overboard imo.
It really makes you feel like you're Batman, watching over the city at night.
As great as Asylum is, a super-hero game shouldn't be confined to a small area.
It's great to just fly/swing around, some freedom to really stretch your wings.

And yeah, I still don't get why Origins is so overlooked.

Anteater

I enjoyed Origins the most, since it's basically sorta like City with some enjoyable boss fights, I also enjoyed the story in Origins, I didn't like Asylum as much compared to the other games, mostly because Asylum's boss fights were kind of crap.

One thing that stands out with Asylum was that the level design was more condensed since it doesn't have as big of a map compared to City/Origins, but that's a matter of preference.

Can't say much about Knight because I only played it a few hours and got bored of it.

MadGear

I'm currently on my second REmake playtrough and Chris is kinda pathetic. He is too weak to carry more than 6 items,
can't play piano, can't work with chemicals and doesn't even get access to the grenade launcher (at least so far)
. Well, at least his flash grenades are awesome, it's almost the best way to dispose of zombies with him.

But knowing where to go and what do to really speeds up this game. I'm still not sure I want to play Real Survival tho, I expect myself to do quite a few "supply runs" in that mode and that doesn't sound like fun.

I was thinking of selling Dragon's Dogma on the BST but I've never used it.

Considering a giveaway where whoever buys me a game priced $19.99 USD or higher has a chance to raffle for DD. I think that's pretty fair.

Asylum, all day. City isn't bad, though. Those games are fun little romps.

I'd love for them to change gears and go for a full blown colorful, bright, action-packed Spider-Man or -Woman game.

Blu(e)

Considering a giveaway where whoever buys me a game priced $19.99 USD or higher has a chance to raffle for DD. I think that's pretty fair.

Asylum, all day. City isn't bad, though. Those games are fun little romps.

I'd love for them to change gears and go for a full blown colorful, bright, action-packed Spider-Man or -Woman game.
Dragon's Dogma goes for $5-$6 in the BST and for $12 if you grab the humble monthly and comes with other games. You're better off probably trading it or just doing a regular giveaway.

Mifec

JaseC thx for the info, all the keys were regionn free and activated fine for my friends(the ones who redeemed so far).

Honestly i'm stilll mad at Arkham Kights twist.

The most important mods are still the Stormtrooper ones, so your costume finally fit your hitchance.
Yeah, when your whole premise is to make the smartest man in the world an idiot, for it to work then that's just terrible writing.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

Give people the opportunity to enter multiple times and you're on to something.

Having just played Asylum, I was surprised how simple even the end of the game seemed. City expands on those game mechanics in every single conceivable way.

I enjoyed the open world at first but by the end of the game I would have been happy if it went to just being mostly linear again. I didn't care for the Metroidvania stuff of Asylum either, I almost never spent any time in the hubs.

The story in all three that I've played (not Origins) has been really very bad.

I have now marked so many genres and games as "not interested" that I'm currently seeing a total of eight games on my Steam main page.

It feels kinda weird.

Knurek

On a technical level the game holds up surprisingly well, especially with unusually good texture work. Of course there are low-poly characters, assets and unconvincing lighting at spots but given it's a game from 2010, it still looks very nice.[/QUOTE]

It'd be an amazing game to downsample from 4K(8K?) were it not for the fact that stupid Rocksteady didn't think people would do that and hardcoded subtitle size.
Nigh unreadable at 4K, definitely unreadable at higher resolutions.
I hate devs doing this sort of shit. :(

Jawmuncher

Final Fantasy fanbase is extremely toxic so I wouldn't bother paying attention to anything said about that game. Everyone hated XIII so much yet it was a great game. XV will be great too most likely.

I didn't mind 13, but I wouldn't call it great.

JarrodL

In the new storefront settings I can't customize my discovery/new queue preferences, when I click either nothing happens:
q3rBnYT.png

Is it just me or a known issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom