• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

I'm looking for suggestions for games that can be played with only a mouse, no keyboard. For a friend coming back after an injury with limited hand use, so two fingers is the most he can do at one time for pressing down.

So far I have Lyne, Paint It Black, and Grey Cubes.

I'll go through some Adventure games later on my own just to remember what only needs a mouse, but I don't recall off the top of my head right away what used keyboard as well.

I have no idea on Hidden Objects as a genre, but I know that would work as well.

Appreciate any help.
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky, both FC and SC
And I guess all VNs

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm looking for suggestions for games that can be played with only a mouse, no keyboard. For a friend coming back after an injury with limited hand use, so two fingers is the most he can do at one time for pressing down.

I'll go through some Adventure games later on my own just to remember what only needs a mouse, but I don't recall off the top of my head right away what used keyboard as well.

I have no idea on Hidden Objects as a genre, but I know that would work as well.

Appreciate any help.

all the point and click adventures

Appreciate any help.

Lots of puzzle games match this criteria: The Room and The Room Two are really good and they are designed for iPad, which translates into only mouse input. The Eyes of Ara is similar (and also great), but much longer than two The Room games, and IIRC also just uses mouse input. And most minimal puzzlers can be played with a mouse alone: Hook, the 3 HexCells games (all excellent), Zenge, LYNE, KAMI, etc.

Frederic: Resurrection of Music is a rhythm-game designed for multi-finger input, but the first one is actually easier with a mouse than on keyboard (I played second one a little bit, and it kicked my ass).

Tizoc

You can, but for most of the game you gonna be following a straight path in the character's sphere grid, and only after you be done with it (which is around 80% of the game) you're free to explore other paths and customize said character's stats at your will. So the progression is pretty much linear.

All Final Fantasy games are linear really. FF13's linearity is a little too close to home :p
I think you can deviate from the norm in the Sphere Grid even from the first playthrough, but some research'd be needed in advance.

Tellaerin

FF X is probably still my favorite FF game to date. XIII's up there, too. The linearity of those particular titles never really bothered me - in both stories, you're focused on reaching particular places, and that feeling of advancing along a path actually fed into the atmosphere for me. I personally love exploration in games, but not every game needs to be about that, especially when it's just a token element anyway ("you can visit town A, B, or C in any order and do sidequests there before advancing the main plot", "you can spend an hour running around a town pressing A to read canned snippets of NPC dialogue and find junk items hidden in pots", etc.)

Nabs

Humble PLASTICA-MAN Bundle

$1 - Killing Floor, Dangerous Golf, Shadow Complex
BTA - The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Adr1ft, The Mean Greens - Plastic Warfare
$10 - The Culling (early access)

Humble Unreal Engine Bundle

$1 - Killing Floor, Dangerous Golf, Shadow Complex
BTA - The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Adr1ft, The Mean Greens - Plastic Warfare
$10 - The Culling (early access)

Boy, do I feel stupid for buying Dangerous Golf when it came out.

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
Ok bundle I guess

What's SteamGAFs opinion about Adrift?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
yoooooooooo Fran Bow o_O holy shit

also $1 for Shadow Complex is my jam

edit: oh that mid tier has Adrift, nice

fYIqUhi.png

https://www.humblebundle.com/unreal-engine-bundle

Alright bundle. Dangerous Golf so fast at Tier 1 bundle already, huh.

Rhaknar

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter -- MB-40D5E5961056AD76 - Taken by Snakethesniper. 15 entrants total.
Killing Floor -- MB-03E3A3062D54C9EB - Taken by laserlaser. 2 entrants total.

t1478633362z1.png

whoever grabs killing floor Ill PM you the DLC keys aswell

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Dishonored 2 pre-load is live. 37.9GB install/32.2GB download. I suppose the 60GB "requirement" also takes into account DLC.

Mifec

At some point today, yeah. The HDD space requirement is 60GB, so the pre-load will likely be 40GB+.

Edit: Speaking of pre-loads, Tyranny's is live. 12.13GB install/4.8GB download.

It's up 32.2gb DL.

edit: you're too fast for me JaseC.

Xion385

I accidentally bought two Unreal Engine bundles at the second tier range. Instead of asking for a refund. I'll be giving them away. Can someone give me the modbot instructions again please? Thanks.

Rhaknar

I accidentally bought two Unreal Engine bundles at the second tier range. Instead of asking for a refund. I'll be giving them away. Can someone give me the modbot instructions again please? Thanks.

in the title you put "Register giveaway"

in the body of the message you put:

"name of the game -- key to the game"

for example

Vanishing of Ethan Carter -- THIS-KEY-IS-FAKE

if you want some rules like people can enter for multiple games or a raffle you use:

MULTIENTRY
RAFFLE (or SHORTRAFFLE for 15mins, raffle is 3 hours)

Zeeman

Oh man, just bought Ethan Carter during the Halloween sale but have 2.8 hours on it from idling. Wonder if I can get a refund.

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
I suppose that Killing Floor is cut for german customers?

Sch1sm

Oh man, just bought Ethan Carter during the Halloween sale but have 2.8 hours on it from idling. Wonder if I can get a refund.

2.8h? It'll get rejected unless there's some other circumstance that didn't allow you to play it.

What can I request a refund for?
Valve will, upon request via help.steampowered.com, issue a refund for any title that is requested within 14 days of purchase and has been played for less than 2 hours - this includes online, offline and shared library playtime.
Even if you fall outside of the refund rules we've described, you can submit a request and we'll take a look at it.

Xion385

IF YOU WIN KILLING FLOOR PLEASE PM ME. I WILL GIVE YOU THE REST OF THE DLC!!!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Xion385:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Xion385, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Broken Age -- MB-7511D7E3D50E4D56 - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.
ADR1FT -- MB-82AE7D4E3B9CFF3B - Taken by r3n4ud. 25 entrants total.
Dangerous Golf -- MB-F549FF0B536C490E - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 4 entrants total.
Shadow Complex Remastered -- MB-FAE2FA9176AA0E5B - Taken by KainXVIII. 26 entrants total.
Killing Floor -- MB-D4A8BA011D0F1817 - Taken by Sammichu. 5 entrants total.
The Mean Greens - Plastic Warfare -- MB-FAE2FA9176AA0E5B - Taken by KainXVIII. 26 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for The Mean Greens - Plastic Warfare was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1478643948z1.png

Just as a heads up, the Humble Bundle key page seems to have problems checking if you own DLC. As it stands, it looks like it only checks if you own the base game.

In my case, I was told that I owned all of the bundle DLC for Killing Floor, even though I only owned the base game and some other DLC. All the bundle DLC was marked as owned, even though I didn't actually own it.

If your DLC is marked as owned, it still might be worth trying to redeem it, just in case.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:

I am giving away a Epic Launcher key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Shadow Complex Remastered -- MB-25E9C59709E67298 - Taken by nightstorm

Enjoy!

lokimotion

Neo Member
Instructions below:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (lokimotion, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Vanishing of Ethan Carter -- MB-8EAEB79817204E81 - Taken by I am Error

Rhaknar

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Broforce -- MB-F61DDF8FC5E0F9BD - Taken by Zeeman. 6 entrants total.

t1478634382z1.png

daily deal reminded me I had this

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
Have fun

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

The Mean Greens - Plastic Warfare -- MB-219D4388C985B2A2 - Taken by Teppic. 7 entrants total.

t1478634433z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
IF YOU WIN KILLING FLOOR PLEASE PM ME. I WILL GIVE YOU THE REST OF THE DLC!!!

For future reference, you can attach multiple keys to the one item. You just separate them with a space. E.g.:

Killing Floor + DLC: BLAH1-BLAH1-BLAH1 BLAH2-BLAH2-BLAH2 BLAH3-BLAH3-BLAH3 and so on.

Rhaknar

why does Gothic have mostly mixed reviews lately, did they fuck something up in a patch, or did the game end up not living up to the initial hype?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom