• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anno

I have Pillars sitting in my library. Is the combat still very RNG early on, and requiring a shitload of preparation (reading guides online for stat distribution, class choice, etc.) just for characters to even be viable? Wasteland 2 and Divinity (pre-enhanced) were really bad at that.

See I don't think it was ever like that. If anything it was criticized for basically any build being viable rather than needing to min/max. You can screw over some casting classes by taking worse spells I suppose, but on hard or less it shouldn't matter too much.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

ulgzbKC.png
Brainpipe: A Plunge to Unhumanity Desura -- MB-78AFF8DEB259CD9D

ModBot 2

Not a Mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

ulgzbKC.png
Data Jammers: FastForward Desura -- MB-07A9C24CBBCCE274

rtcn63

Maybe on Hard+?

I'd say only really Wasteland actually did what you're suggesting, with the first few levels being pretty brutal. Didn't notice much either way in Divinity and Pillars.

The melee class in Divinity was bad. Abilities had long cooldowns with absurdly low chances of hitting the enemy even with buffs. The magic class was able to do AOE, but very little damage per actual enemy. But this was at launch, and I played the game at least halfway if not moreso.

See I don't think it was ever like that. If anything it was criticized for basically any build being viable rather than needing to min/max. You can screw over some casting classes by taking worse spells I suppose, but on hard or less it shouldn't matter too much.

Apologies, but I worded it wrong. I haven't started playing Pillars yet, I meant was it like other recent CRPGs where those qualities seemed present.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Krog Wars -- MB-D8D32CCF18A77755 - Taken by Mackenzie 92

Anno

Apologies, but I worded it wrong. I haven't started playing Pillars yet, I meant was it like other recent CRPGs where those qualities seemed present.

Oh, no. The old AD&D based games could be massively unforgiving if you didn't understand the underlying mechanics. Obsidian's combat mechanics are much more clear and beginner friendly. I didn't play much Wasteland 2 so I don't know much about that, but it's probably easier going than Divinity. You can hose yourself in that game pretty easily too, though usually more by going through wrong direction than anything.

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
It's an Epic Launcher key

Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Shadow Complex Remastered -- MB-F9D129D69D0348C1 - Taken by longlivegaming. 3 entrants total.

t1478793174z1.png

Tizoc

Square-Enix releasing a region exclusive demo for FFXV...I mean, another dumb decision in their catalogue.
Is it region locked? If not i dont see the issue with a region specific demo
Ive got a jp account partially for yakuza demos :v

Eila

What's also to note is that Ngage version may as well be a different game. Different story, different gameplay (according to wikipedia).

There's no video of it on youtube. Just screenshots. That's how bad it is.
It does help the n-gage is not emulable.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of bjaelke, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bjaelke, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Tyranny -- MB-795CCF9CF96EA842 - Taken by hannes. 162 entrants total.

t1478797677z1.png

Eila

So this is coming out shortly. Haven't heard any fanfare for it at all. I guess they expect the fans to lay the groundwork or something.

And there's also a bunch of new Gal Gun DLC coming out. That game is DOA5 tier of DLC. Wonder if there's people actually buying it.

L.O.R.D

wait,this is for WD1 or 2?

So this is coming out shortly. Haven't heard any fanfare for it at all. I guess they expect the fans to lay the groundwork or something.

And there's also a bunch of new Gal Gun DLC coming out. That game is DOA5 tier of DLC. Wonder if there's people actually buying it.

i don't think this will sell good on steam,we want SK2 or EV.

Jawmuncher

The game is pretty bad and hella overpriced at 30. It's worth like 10 bucks at most. The song variety is lacking and the story mode are small individual Stories that don't amount to anything. You play one story mode, you've basically seen the entire game. Which only takes like 15 minutes. But repeat that for every character to see their 2 paragraphs of story.

This is the best song in the game, just let that sink in
https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PL7P4fpaQWDhh_aGCG9Cy5ogzTiDnGGosb&v=eYNsNIqaSw0

Also every campaign basically repeats the same set list. It'll drive you crazy if you try to play a lot in one sitting.

Eila

The game is pretty bad and hella overpriced at 30. It's worth like 10 bucks at most. The song variety is lacking and the story mode are small individual Stories that don't amount to anything. You play one story mode, you've basically seen the entire game. Which only takes like 15 minutes. But repeat that for every character to see their 2 paragraphs of story.

This is the best song in the game, just let that sink in
https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PL7P4fpaQWDhh_aGCG9Cy5ogzTiDnGGosb&v=eYNsNIqaSw0

Also every campaign basically repeats the same set list. It'll drive you crazy if you try to play a lot in one sitting.

Thanks for the input. I was actually considering grabbing it as I have a couple sacks of gems laying around, I'm just waiting for the right game to come out to cash them out. But it doesn't sound like this one will be popular & it's not fun to play.

And so the Animu-Steam is gone:

514310 Removed store name – SENRAN KAGURA Bon Appétit! - Full Course
22 minutes ago 539920 Removed store name – Gal*Gun: Double Peace - 'Blast From the Past' Costume Set
22 minutes ago 539900 Removed store name – Gal*Gun: Double Peace - 'Queen of Pain' Costume Set
22 minutes ago 539930 Removed store name – Gal*Gun: Double Peace - 'You're A Squid Now' Costume Set
22 minutes ago 539910 Removed store name – Gal*Gun: Double Peace - 'Shrine Maiden' Costume Set
23 minutes ago 539900 App was deleted, previous name: Gal*Gun: Double Peace - 'Queen of Pain' Costume Set
24 minutes ago 539930 App was deleted, previous name: Gal*Gun: Double Peace - 'You're A Squid Now' Costume Set
24 minutes ago 539910 App was deleted, previous name: Gal*Gun: Double Peace - 'Shrine Maiden' Costume Set
24 minutes ago

All DLC and the game were supposed to come out 3 minutes ago.

Guess its a bug

Teggy

So, is the King's Tale game something I should care about? That's the only pre-order bonus that actually appeals to me.

Loving Dishonored 2 so far. I have a very beefy machine so I'm not seeing any real significant performance issues. Certainly no crashes or anything.

BorntoPlay

Since i was unsuccessful at hiding the fact that i just grew older yesterday - and i mean that both literally and figuratively -, i feel obligated to do a giveaway still, so here have a go:

Enjoy a videogame that is less scary than the real word!

wow that is a great giveaway, happy birthday!

Ludens

Banned
So, is the King's Tale game something I should care about? That's the only pre-order bonus that actually appeals to me.

Loving Dishonored 2 so far. I have a very beefy machine so I'm not seeing any real significant performance issues. Certainly no crashes or anything.

It will probably sold on PSN/Live, no way SE created a game just to give it for free when pre-ordering: they know people want to buy everything related to FFXV, so they will sell it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom