• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November II 2014 - Autumn Sale starts the 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Ha, that's mostly my teenage self speaking. Looking back at it it's kind of fascinating how inflected the language is, you can put words pretty much anywhere you want and leave the hassle of solving the riddle to the recipient. That's probably why it annoyed me so much, as a learner of Latin you're always the recipient.
I took it when I was a teenager, too. Personally, I loved how you could give less than a shit about word order and still communicate something validly. But I agree, that makes everything a huge pain in the ass when you're dealing with anything complex, especially poetry. Fuck Ovid.

Tesseract

Banned
Welp, seems like the PS4+GTAV+TLoU bundle on amazon is eligible for international shipping, so I guess I'm bailing out of the Steam sale :O

true_lies.gif

Accoun

Words. How many bilingual are there in steamgaf?

I guess I do count. Polish and English. A few years ago I'd also say German, but I hardly ever used it and got pretty rusty.

BTW, looked for something in a drawer and found a CD with Wizardry 7 (Gold). Installed it because why not and... to be honest I feel stupid. It took me a good few times to realize that you start the game with your gear unequipped. Other than that, it's a Windows version of a DOS game and the interface is a strange mishmash of normal game UI and default Windows interface. It's also incredibly buggy with not recognizing clicks sometimes (I'm not sure it's the port itself or if it's something when running on my laptop only). The game only runs in windowed mode and only in 640x480 which doesn't scale and at higher system resolutions just has giant empty black space around the gameplay area (I turned on "run at 640x480" in compatibility settings to stretch it). Did I mention it's pretty damn hard? I'm still in the first forest (running around without weapons and armor might or might not have something to do with it, though). Maybe it's because I just don't understand the systems and need to look for digital manual?
But you know, it's actually pretty fun from what I can tell. Even if I'm just a couple of years older than it.

I also found Worms 2, so there's that as well.

Do you have RU-tagged RE4? You can't share region locked copies (even thought you can play & activate gift outside said region).

Evil Within should share fine:

XXIJe5x.png
Yea I do have the Ru version of re4. Guess that's why he can't play it. I still don't see tew. Guess I'll wait till tmrw when he plays it. Maybe I might see it then

autoduelist

HoMM6, or rather M&MH6 (why they did that? it's so stupid!) goes on sale fairly regularly, as far as I noticed, M&MX probably will too, but not like we really know.

Yeah, I know nobody can know for sure, but I was mostly wondering if it was a regular sale item (which you answered) and whether 75% is a 'go go go buy now' discount. I don't follow steam enough to know if there are semi-regular price drops for games like that either. Hmm, now that I think about it I seem to remember there is a steam price tracker somewhere, I'll go google for that.

Daily Haul:
CastleVania LoS 2 for 8$
Shadow Warrior for 4$

Would have prefered to use a trader, but I already had the money in my Steam wallet from selling those Isolation TF2 items. Just need more money soon

Welp, seems like the PS4+GTAV+TLoU bundle on amazon is eligible for international shipping, so I guess I'm bailing out of the Steam sale :O

I had a stockpile of points on my Amazon credit card. Enough to pick up a PS4 but I had no real impetus before. I dumped them on that bundle today.

Now, I feel sick. Large purchases, even "free" ones always do that to me. Obscene amounts of casseroles and turkey don't help, either.

Asgaro

Words. How many bilingual are there in steamgaf?

I know:
- Dutch (mother tongue)

- French (had it in school for about 8 years I think? Don't have to use it at all anymore though now that I'm into university, even though it's an official language lol. Reading shouldn't be too much of a problem, but speaking...)

(- German (but very bad. Had it 1 year.))

- English (had it for about 4 years I think. Pretty decent at it but that's mostly attributed to the internetz™ and movies/games.)

(- Latin (2 years))

(FYI: Belgium has 3 official languages. Dutch, French, German.)

Vamphuntr

Used the 20% voucher on top of the 25% on DR3 on GMG to get it for 30$. Why is the game 25 Gb to download? It doesn't look that great. Dragon Age Inquisition was the same size and it looks much better.

I'm kind of tempted to buy Telltale's Game of Thrones when it is released. I know it's Telltale and they have been pretty terrible recently when it comes to bugs and stuff. That said I have a weak spot for Game of Thrones universe and who knows maybe this will be one of their good ones again?
Recently? All of their games have been colossal fuck-ups on a technical level, one way or the other.

Shadow Warrior is really neat, slicing people to bits is fun. Is the game locked at 60 FPS though? Have vsync off and it still won't go above 60.

Shame trading is dead, doesn't feel like a real steam sale ;-;

Asgaro

Anyone remember this game and having fond memories of it like I have?

PacificAssaultBox.jpg

When we bought our very first family PC, I remember my first 2 games I bought were MoH: Allied Assault and GTA Vice City.

MoH: Allied Assault had a very good SP and MP as we all know.

But somehow I have more fond memories of Pacific Assault.
Probably because I followed that game from the day it got announced. There were even dedicated fansites for this one particular game and I spent so much time on there lol.
Discussing every tiny detail of new info.

It was a time when Singleplayer meant something in FPS games.
Yes, the SP of Allied Assault was better and deeper than the one in Pacific Assault, but it still held up nicely.
You could give orders to your squad of NPC's. And I loved the setting.

Also played the MP a lot. I remember feeling disappointed that the MP in Pacific Assault never reached the levels of Allied Assault. Yet I kept playing it out of pure joy.

Last year, I bought the game again (had given the game away to someone but don't remember who) on DVD for € 5 and played the SP again.

227839420.gif

Sadly the MP was totally dead.
I did start some private matches to check some MP maps out again. The nostalgia feel was there.

--

I made screenshots of the SP campaign while replaying it last year, but the external drive they were stored on died about a year ago...

So some low res non-1080p images.

The in-game menu was beautiful. All animated. Radio chatter in the background.

130412-medal-of-honor-pacific-assault-windows-screenshot-menus.jpg

The campaign started with a quite lengthy tutorial level in a base camp.

medal_of_honor_pacific_assault_04.jpg

Kamikaze attacks.

mohpa045.jpg

1242594224_58972420040813screen005.jpg

Medal-of-Honor-Pacific-Assault-PC.jpg

medal-of-honor-pacific-assault-20041106024949018.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Shadow Warrior is really neat, slicing people to bits is fun. Is the game locked at 60 FPS though? Have vsync off and it still won't go above 60.

Shame trading is dead, doesn't feel like a real steam sale ;-;

...the only sale where trading really blew up was last summer sale, was that your first or something? >_>

...the only sale where trading really blew up was last summer sale, was that your first or something? >_>
I've been using trading for sales for ages. Can easily understand why they made the change when hundreds of my purchases say "Gift/retail key" and not "steam store"

Monooboe

I never played it but Allied Assault I have very good memories of, also the MP was so awesome. Also whenever we had lanparties we just called the game Mohaa, oh the sound of that is so nostalgic.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I've been using trading for sales for ages. Can easily understand why they made the change when hundreds of my purchases say "Gift/retail key" and not "steam store"

but the majority hasnt. but fair enough, you didnt say you were talking for the majority

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.

PacificAssaultBox.jpg

When we bought our very first family PC, I remember my first 2 games I bought were MoH: Allied Assault and GTA Vice City.

MoH: Allied Assault had a very good SP and MP as we all know.

But somehow I have more fond memories of Pacific Assault.
Probably because I followed that game from the day it got announced. There were even dedicated fansites for this one particular game and I spent so much time on there lol.
Discussing every tiny detail of new info.

It was a time when Singleplayer meant something in FPS games.
Yes, the SP of Allied Assault was better and deeper than the one in Pacific Assault, but it still held up nicely.
You could give orders to your squad of NPC's. And I loved the setting.

Also played the MP a lot. I remember feeling disappointed that the MP in Pacific Assault never reached the levels of Allied Assault. Yet I kept playing it out of pure joy.

Last year, I bought the game again (had given the game away to someone but don't remember who) on DVD for € 5 and played the SP again.

227839420.gif

Sadly the MP was totally dead.
I did start some private matches to check some MP maps out again. The nostalgia feel was there.

--

I made screenshots of the SP campaign while replaying it last year, but the external drive they were stored on died about a year ago...

So some low res non-1080p images.

The in-game menu was beautiful. All animated. Radio chatter in the background.

130412-medal-of-honor-pacific-assault-windows-screenshot-menus.jpg

The campaign started with a quite lengthy tutorial level in a base camp.

medal_of_honor_pacific_assault_04.jpg

Kamikaze attacks.

mohpa045.jpg

1242594224_58972420040813screen005.jpg

Medal-of-Honor-Pacific-Assault-PC.jpg

medal-of-honor-pacific-assault-20041106024949018.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Damn, remembering the old MoH games makes me a little sad how hard the series fell especially after the rebooted series

LOL, I can't use my Paypal to buy gifts but only for myself. I could spread some love to others but Steam themselves won't permit it.

Will pass on TEW and Wolf'14 for different reasons. TEW since my laptop can't run it properly, and Wolf for being such a huge download to do with my meager bandwidth. I think I should have not used my internet to watch Pacquiao's fight on a PPV channel.

AHA-Lambda

In a way, moving most of my gaming time to Steam and so meaning I don't need to bother with the chaos of Black Friday is kinda relaxing :)

yeah I decided not to bother about the WiiU

Rhaknar

LOL, I can't use my Paypal to buy gifts but only for myself. I could spread some love to others but Steam themselves won't permit it.

Will pass on TEW and Wolf'14 for different reasons. TEW since my laptop can't run it properly, and Wolf for being such a huge download to do with my meager bandwidth. I think I should have not used my internet to watch Pacquiao's fight on a PPV channel.

not to be "that" guy, but that is something that you need to think about changing, or you wont play any more games. I sware like 9 out of 10 games I downloaded the last few weeks / months were like 25+ gigs

hell I was going to download wasteland 2 earlier and it was 21gigs

kris.

Banned
I should have picked up Shadow Warrior ages ago. Just finished the first chapter and this is already all sorts of wonderful.

Vamphuntr

Is the xbox one controller good for pc games? Is it compatible with everything like the 360 controller is? I kind of want one since my 360 controller is dead.

I only need a usb to mini usb cable, right? I think I have some from my camera and PSP

Tesseract

Banned
Is the xbox one controller good for pc games? Is it compatible with everything like the 360 controller is? I kind of want one since my 360 controller is dead.

I only need a usb to mini usb cable, right? I think I have some from my camera and PSP

yes to everything

not to be "that" guy, but that is something that you need to think about changing, or you wont play any more games. I sware like 9 out of 10 games I downloaded the last few weeks / months were like 25+ gigs

I wish developers would let buyers select which language packs or other optional assets to download... Pirated "repack" releases of games are often much smaller download sizes than the original and supposedly without affecting the playable content of the game.

Yeah, after this expensive December I'm planning to switch ISPs. My only problem is that my house is in a pretty far side of the city so the cables aren't setup yet. That will be an additional charge I can't dole out now.
`````````````````````````````````
Thanks to the sale, I have the games to play for the rest of the year + the first months of next year. I might dip with the Winter sale but for smaller games, and some notable indies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom