• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November II 2014 - Autumn Sale starts the 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yaiba plays like a Musou game, its art direction is nice and the higher difficutlies are brutal. For $10 I'd say it is worth a 1 time playthrough at least.

So my 4 Steam GotY nominees atm are
Strider, Freedom Planet, Killer is Dead & Gunhound EX
I'll try to put some time into Never Alone and hopefully like it enough to nominate it.

Y'know, there are pros who can't bat .750... so good on you.

Tizoc

Has anyone gotten Wolfenstein TNO and TEW from gamersgate during their misprice and still managed to keep their code?

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I keep looking at the deals on offer and thinking of picking them up, then realising I have a big enough backlog already and I told myself to wait for the winter sale. My resolve is going to take a hit come December.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Junior Member. I'm hoping to be an M- eventually so I can make threads again.

are you that deep in the dog house that the mod cant even be arsed to type member?

thats harsh

Is there a timer on the Long Dark sale price? Or is it $10 until the end of the sale

48hours on these deals and it was yesterday's deal so it ends today when the new ones flip over

Toshin

oh wow! I was playing some usf4 with rookiejet and nabs popped up with a msg window/late bday gift being Lethal League !! Thanks man! (<3 Sonata ) We will def play this with multiplayer asap!

Backlogger

Roughly 10.5 more hours on it.

48hours on these deals and it was yesterday's deal so it ends today when the new ones flip over

Thanks, I felt that was the case but didn't see a timer on the store page. I guess I will bite. I was going to wait and see what the next couple days brought but honestly there is nothing out right now I badly want, might as well give this one a go.

Deques

sFUBLLi.png

Why?!

I got it yesterday, but I am slow to post about it

Tizoc

A kind GAFfer is helping me get Rocket Knight off GMG, so that's covered now =3 Appreciate anyone who wanted to help, but I love all you SteamGAF people equally~

Arthea got me Wolf K14 and I just played past the Title screen with it just 30 minutes ago.

Enjoy, it's a great FPS and one worthy of GotY.
Your current title isn't as cool as your old one though, I mean on the one hand it's good but your old one's better IMO.

are you that deep in the dog house that the mod cant even be arsed to type member?

thats harsh

There's a funny story behind that: I actually got it due to me making a thread about Suikoden 2 showing up on ESRB again, but for a little bit of fun, and to confuse some people into thinking it was Shenmue, I had the thread title end with 'S-' and had the remaining letters written in the first post :p

Still a dull tag though sad to say, I do have my own ideas for one but that's for a different time.

Will start dropping cash on Steam today and get my first haul muwahahahaha.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

I7Ufybq.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-2E74A89C22DBADBE - Taken by Deques

Deques

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

I7Ufybq.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-2E74A89C22DBADBE - Taken by Deques

Thanks for Ionstorm 2, sadly I already got it. Whoever wants it send me a PM

I was hyped on getting The Evil Within on GMG for $16 but I downloaded the demo to see how it'll run and its not looking so good. For some reason I cant even hit 30 FPS with AA off, motion blur off, res at 1280 x 720, and shadows at low detail which is odd because I meet the minimum specs. Am I missing something?

Sarcasm

I was hyped on getting The Evil Within on GMG for $16 but I downloaded the demo to see how it'll run and its not looking so good. For some reason I cant even hit 30 FPS with AA off, motion blur off, res at 1280 x 720, and shadows at low detail which is odd because I meet the minimum specs. Am I missing something?

Sounds about right.

Sarcasm

Don't know what they did but it's a bad port job. Even people who stream for a living had those issues.

Do you have the cinematic bars enabled? Those may help.

Ozium

The Long Dark is pretty awesome, the graphical style is neat and the sound effects are top notch. The control system/UI is really simple and works perfectly imo (I'm not a fan of large crafting menus or shit like that)

Played it with the window open and freezing for that authenticity... also reminds me when I went winter camping in the BWCA a few years ago...

And I think having experienced the cold is part of why The Long Dark feels so good for me dunno if it has the same impact on people in warmer/tropical climates.

Don't know what they did but it's a bad port job. Even people who stream for a living had those issues.

Do you have the cinematic bars enabled? Those may help.

Indeed I did. Even the title screen and menus are chugging along struggling for life.

I don't know about Evil Within. I mean, I liked RE4, but why Bethesda discounted the game so much? It's new. I'm afraid of buying it now, and then it will be 5&#8364; within months :S

The Super Best Friends are currently doing an LP and it looks pretty awesome

Deques

I don't know about Evil Within. I mean, I liked RE4, but why Bethesda discounted the game so much? It's new. I'm afraid of buying it now, and then it will be 5€ within months :S

It's better to wait for a sale where it is bundled with the season pass for €5 :)

Thanks for Ionstorm 2, sadly I already got it. Whoever wants it send me a PM

Hmm, I thought it would be Insurgency.

Someone take Ionstorm from me!!

Tellaerin

The Tron Uprising cartoon from a year or so ago was really good IMO, give that a watch too.

Tron: Uprising was phenomenal. Strong writing, terrific voice cast, amazing visual design, fantastic action sequences (and fine animation in general)... which naturally meant it didn't get a second season. (Yes, I'm bitter.)

Tron: Uprising was phenomenal. Strong writing, terrific voice cast, amazing visual design, fantastic action sequences (and fine animation in general)... which naturally meant it didn't get a second season. (Yes, I'm bitter.)

I love your avatar ! I started the playing the game a few days ago.

I also liked Tron: Uprising.

ViviOggi

Check PCGamingWiki for tweaks, from what I've heard some of those are essential especially on lower end configs. Setting fps to 60 ingame and then limiting it to 30 via Nvidia Inspector is supposed to make a big difference. The demo ran like pure ass on mine too but for 6€ (with credit) I took the plunge.

Yakkue

Was Letter Quest: Grimm's Journey a daily deal? I could have sworn it was only 3,xx € yesterday, but now it's 4,79€. Didn't see it listed as a daily though.. =/

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Was Letter Quest: Grimm's Journey a daily deal? I could have sworn it was only 3,xx &#8364; yesterday, but now it's 4,79&#8364;. Didn't see it listed as a daily though.. =/

It wasn't advertised as one, but yeah, the 60% discount was a limited-time thing.

Arthea

guys, riddle me this, I got e-mail from HB that not all my insurgencies
(funny, isn't it?)
are given away, but all are and I checked, people activated them. Now I think, or they activated not my insurgencies or HB is wrong. Anybody else got such e-mail?

Arthea

Was Letter Quest: Grimm's Journey a daily deal? I could have sworn it was only 3,xx &#8364; yesterday, but now it's 4,79&#8364;. Didn't see it listed as a daily though.. =/

strange it is on sale at all, is was released like couple of days ago.
Also it's very addictive, although RPG content is very lite and a game is repetitive, not to mention music is awful and timed parts are brutal, I still recommend it, very addictive and fun at times.

edited: forgot to say that quests can drive you crazy, tho (><)

aku:jiki

Out of the three Hexcells, what is the most beginner friendly?
You can start with either but there is a slight scale to the puzzle difficulty between them. Just do them in chronological order, because if you end up liking the way it plays you're going to want all of them anyway as they're very tiny for puzzle games. There's no reason to replay puzzles once you know how to solve them, and each title only comes with like a dozen or two puzzles.

I think all of them do a great job of introducing the concepts but Plus was my first and I can recommend that as beginner friendly.
Hexcells. It gets harder with every game. Hexcells -> Hexcells Plus -> Hexcells Infinite.
You can start with either but there is a slight scale to the puzzle difficulty between them. Just do them in chronological order, because if you end up liking the way it plays you're going to want all of them anyway as they're very tiny for puzzle games. There's no reason to replay puzzles once you know how to solve them, and each title only comes with like a dozen or two puzzles.
thanks for the replies guys. I'll start with Hexcells then.

Arthea

Out of the three Hexcells, what is the most beginner friendly?

first one is more or less tutorial, so you wanna begin form it, it's also very short.

edited: so beaten to the pulp

To buy games I know I'll never get to, or not to buy games I know I'll never get to, that is the question.

Struggling with HoMM6 and MMXlegacy. I want them. I dearly want them. I've got them in my cart. But I still have like 7 other previous M&M games in my steam/gog libraries.

I almost feel like buying them just to shut my mind up,back and forth, back and forth.

Inspite of being M&M fan for years, from the very beginning actually, I still haven't normally played HoMM6 and M&MX (own both for a long time, especially HoMM6), for HoMM I at least have uplay to blame, for X only too many games, too little time.
What I'm trying to say, if you want to buy something badly and you can afford it, just buy it, of course we can't play all games we have, but that doesn't stop us from wanting. ;)

autoduelist

To buy games I know I'll never get to, or not to buy games I know I'll never get to, that is the question.

Struggling with HoMM6 and MMXlegacy. I want them. I dearly want them. I've got them in my cart. But I still have like 7 other previous M&M games in my steam/gog libraries.

I almost feel like buying them just to shut my mind up,back and forth, back and forth.

There's always another sale, if you doubt, only get games when they have price errors, you'll be able to get HoMM6 or MMXLegacy later for the same price or lower.
Otherwise you might regret having bought them, not having played them, and see them cheaper in the next sale.

steam is down or something?

It's fine here.

autoduelist

There's always another sale, if you doubt, only get games when they have price errors, you'll be able to get HoMM6 or MMXLegacy later for the same price or lower.
Otherwise you might regret having bought them, not having played them, and see them cheaper in the next sale.

I never regret a lower price later; I understand and expect that to happen. But I do think I'll pass for now, for as much as I want them it's not like I'm booting up HoMM5 to finally beat that right now.

I will feel remorse tomorrow morning when the sale is gone, and then go through it all again on the last day of the sale.

So it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom