• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November II 2014 - Autumn Sale starts the 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.D

I can add it to cart without using a VPN (Europe). It isn't region locked, is it?
The game? I didn't even think about that
I saw someone mention Asia (or just Paypal accounts from Asia?) is blocked on Nuuvem

I live in Israel which is technically in Asia :p

Edit: its $20 on Amazon
Is that region locked? I remember reading that some Steam games from Amazon were region locked

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wolf TNO is 44GB, why are games so big nowadays? ;__;

The bigger the game, the better it is. Soon dev bonuses will change from being contingent upon a Metacritic average to being contingent upon the game being above a certain size.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is that region locked? I remember reading that some Steam games from Amazon were region locked

Just Take-Two (i.e. 2K and R*) games.

Edit: I'm bad at internet.

Edit edit: I should probably clarify further. Mafia 2, Inversion, Dead Island (both vanilla and GOTY) , Civ V (vanilla) and Saints Row IV (various) are region-locked up the wazoo, but 2K and R* games in general can no longer be purchased without a valid US-based payment (with the exception of Mafia 2 and Civ V vanilla, the games themselves are not region-locked).

aku:jiki

The bigger the game, the better it is. Soon dev bonuses will change from being contingent upon a Metacritic average to being contingent upon the game being above a certain size.
Considering the games you actually do play, I'm kind of convinced that you're being serious.

The game? I didn't even think about that
I saw someone mention Asia (or just Paypal accounts from Asia?) is blocked on Nuuvem

I live in Israel which is technically in Asia :p

Paypal accounts from East Asia, not sure able other places

Tellaerin

Did it end with a cliffhanger?

You could say that. The last episode wraps up the major plot threads, but the final few minutes sets things up for a huge second season. So it's not as bad a cliffhanger as it could've been, but you'll still be going, "What?! They can't possibly end it here!"

I'm still holding out hope that they'll bring back the cast to do a 2 hour direct-to-video movie or something to close out the series properly. Not that I think there's a snowball's chance in hell of that actually happening, but I can dream.

I love your avatar ! I started the playing the game a few days ago.

I also liked Tron: Uprising.

Thanks! I just finished the game a couple of days ago. I enjoyed it - it was a fun ride, and for $3.74, I definitely felt like I got my money's worth.

Re T:U: You have good taste. : )

Dr Dogg

Uh oh...
JP2N0EG.png
Well goodbye prospective sale funds, it was nice knowing you. Though considering I got 2 512gb MX100's yesterday I'm not sure why I want another SSD :\. Still for those looking for decent capacity, awesome speed at an affoardable price check out Amzon.co.uk in about 2 hours.

ev0

Uh oh...

Well goodbye prospective sale funds, it was nice knowing you. Though considering I got 2 512gb MX100's yesterday I'm not sure why I want another SSD :\. Still for those looking for decent capacity, awesome speed at an affoardable price check out Amzon.co.uk in about 2 hours.

I've been tempted by that but a question maybe you guys can help me with.

I'm not planning on building my new PC right away (maybe in Jan). Is there a disadvantage to buying that SSD now? Like is there risk of defect I could encounter by not installing it into a system right away to check and losing any return possibility? Think they will hit those prices again soon? Thanks!

Unrelated- I cant seem to buy any Steam Cards. I was buying a bit and now any order just gets stuckin the queue.

Derp

TNO is amazing so far. Wow. So far the best single player FPS experience. Hopefully it keeps it up.

Uber difficulty is way too easy though.

Dr Dogg

I've been tempted by that but a question maybe you guys can help me with.

I'm not planning on building my new PC right away (maybe in Jan). Is there a disadvantage to buying that SSD now? Like is there risk of defect I could encounter by not installing it into a system right away to check and losing any return possibility? Think they will hit those prices again soon? Thanks!

Unrelated- I cant seem to buy any Steam Cards. I was buying a bit and now any order just gets stuckin the queue.

Well you'll be eating into your warranty without use but Amazon are pretty much top notch with returns even if they don't handle the RMA process themselves for a product (though there usually is a time window depending on said product). As for price, well Amazon.de had them discounted a few months ago and the 840 line is probably going to be phased out sooner or later so it's not like this is the sale of the centrury not to be missed as their will be pleanty of other SSD's and sales, maybe even near boxing day.

ev0

Well you'll be eating into your warranty without use but Amazon are pretty much top notch with returns even if they don't handle the RMA process themselves for a product. As for price, well Amazon.de had them discounted a few months ago and the 840 line is probably going to be phased out sooner or later so it's not like this is the sale of the centrury not to be missed as their will be pleanty of other SSD's and sales, maybe even near boxing day.

Hm thanks! I'll think it over a little more haha. I saw the Samsung has the 850s and I'm always tempted by new things cause I'm a sucker...

Dr Dogg

Hm thanks! I'll think it over a little more haha. I saw the Samsung has the 850s and I'm always tempted by new things cause I'm a sucker...

Well Samsung do 2 SSD's aimed at the consumer level and a couple more at the enterprise/commercial type of customers.

For the 840's they have the lower cost (well in SSD terms) 840 EVO, like what I posted above and the higher cost, higher performance 840 PRO. At the moment for the 850 line they only have 850 PRO's out but I'd expect to see the lower cost 850 EVO's to crop up soonish. Of course if you're completely loopy and have money to throw around there's the server grade 845DC set of drives which can handle a monumental amount of writes but are close to 4 times the cost of an EVO.

Bang for your buck SSD's at the moment are Crucial's MX100 but they only go up to 512gb in capacity but at the cost that they are you can by a couple and they work out cheaper than a 1tb drive anyhow. Kind of why I expect Samsung to get an answer out sooner rather than later.

ev0

Well Samsung do 2 SSD's aimed at the consumer level and a couple more at the enterprise/commercial type of customers....

Hey thanks for all the good info. I tend not to keep up with hardware tons when Im not needing/have time to upgrade or build a new rig. And it's been s few years bc of financial reasons too; so I've had a lot of catching up to do on newer (to me at least) things like SSDs.

derExperte

Part of me regrets giving away my coupon. Hard to argue with a dollar game

You're not telling us you don't own Shadow Warrior? First Chariot, now another one. SteamGAF is going to hell in a handbasket.

Uh oh...

Dr Dogg = SSD addict

Just one more, man, one more... Well, better than wasting Steam sale funds on WiiUs or PS4s, let's see how cheap a.co.uk goes but I'd rather wait for the next overall price drop.

Arthea

Well, I tried to use coupon, then Firefox crashed and I got nothing... (I have both so I was in no hurry).

I literally forgot about it, but Wolf deal was taken out right after I finished transaction, so I'm not sure I would have got it in time if I remembered that damned coupon.

Ozium

hoping for a Broforce daily to use in conjunction with the 25% off coupon... also got a stackable coupon for Kill The Bad Guy

madjoki

I literally forgot about it, but Wolf deal was taken out right after I finished transaction, so I'm not sure I would have got it in time if I remembered that damned coupon.

Having in cart is enough. Cart uses price from when you added even if it changes.
Thought they did clean every cart during the previous Bethesda fiasco, so it's not 100% reliable.

When VIP deals expire on GMG?

4pm UTC. (in 5 hours)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=140615890&postcount=4877

Dr Dogg

Hey thanks for all the good info. I tend not to keep up with hardware tons when Im not needing/have time to upgrade or build a new rig. And it's been s few years bc of financial reasons too; so I've had a lot of catching up to do on newer (to me at least) things like SSDs.

No probs. To be fair it's not exactly a riveting subject to keep on top on and really you could quite happily be oblivious to what's what until the stage of buying/upgrading components.

Dr Dogg = SSD addict

Just one more, man, one more... Well, better than wasting Steam sale funds on WiiUs or PS4s, let's see how cheap a.co.uk goes but I'd rather wait for the next overall price drop.

Well I got my 840 about a week after your got your and I've already filled it up! But that's the cyclical nature of Steam sales and not finishing games anymore. Just buy them and download them. Though when you see the transfer speeds from one SSD drive to another over a 6gb SATA connection it's hard to want to go back to HDD's anymore.

Danielsan

Figured it's been a while since I gave something away.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Danielsan:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet -- MB-F8017A8C18C43AAA - Taken by ExoSoul. 2 entrants total.

t1417183011z1.png

derExperte

Well I got my 840 about a week after your got your and I've already filled it up! But that's the cyclical nature of Steam sales and not finishing games anymore. Just buy them and download them. Though when you see the transfer speeds from one SSD drive to another over a 6gb SATA connection it's hard to want to go back to HDD's anymore.

I'm all about setting limits for myself, my previous Steam partition was only 400GB and it forced me to play and get rid of larger games sooner or later. It would feel like a waste of money for me to buy more drives just to have more games I don't play installed (same could be said about buying them in the first place of course) and I've always managed to deal with less space than others.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

SpaceChem -- MB-53CA3EEF6DE2EB2C
Quest of Dungeons -- MB-088A992B63244752 - Taken by Tellaerin

kevin1025

Banned
Some leftovers the day after American Thanksgiving!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (kevin1025, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

NiGHTS into Dreams -- MB-CDFA8EA18230C5F6 - Taken by wetflame. 2 entrants total.
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed -- MB-23CD0F126B6249FE - Taken by Madn. 2 entrants total.

t1417174250z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom