• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November II 2014 - Autumn Sale starts the 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Arthea

Aside from newegg, where's the cheapest to get Final Fantasy 3?
gamersgate, there is a link above your post

Is there a discount code for GMG that actually works with game in VIP section?

no, none that I tried. VIP section games are already discounted or something like that.

Well us Uorpeans can get it for -50% off on the Squeinx store so fingers crossed it pops up on GMG or Steam where I've got credit.

https://store.eu.square-enix.com/emea_uk/games/pc-windows-download/Final-Fantasy-IV.php

it should, but probably winter sale is better bet.

wetflame

Pizza Dog

Is this game ever actually getting made or are people just sinking more and more money into stretch goals? It's crazy. What's to stop them from just taking them money and saying "oh I guess it didn't work out, sorry" and making millions? It seems like at this point they just keep saying "okay well we'll add space zoos" and people throw more money at it.

Dr Dogg

Hey I always checked up on my fish in Mass Effect 2. Then I left them in Kelly's hands and they ended up dead. I returned the favour and didn't go straight to the Omega Relay and by proxy got my revenge for my dead fish.

MX100 is great.
Though I only got one 256gb model, more than enough for a boot drive.

For the regular price they're pretty much unbeatable on performance and bang for buck. I had to do some account shuffling to snag 2 yesterday from Amazon but they still worked out cheaper than a 1TB 840 EVO on offer today and the one I bought a couple of months ago.

Everyone's talking sales and here I am playing games. Finally decided to finish Mirror's Edge. It was pretty fun but I was terrible at it, even on normal. Didn't get all the bags but it's not like they unlock anything, so no worries there. Story was paper-thin. Two of the main bad guys are dispatched in basically one movement, and the third was a fun challenging battle but the boss basically escapes with no later comeuppance (or even further mention,) so that kinda felt disappointing.

Graphics and music were super slick. Everything looked clean, crisp, and vibrant. Felt like a showpiece for graphics cards (makes you wonder if that's why they waited so long to show a trailer for a sequel.) Took me about 8 hours to finish, partly cause I suck, partly cause there were times I alt-tabbed out and it crashed on me.

But hey, let's face it, I'm not telling you all things that you don't already know. I was LTTP on this in a big way.

futurama-s01e04-loves-labours-lost-in-space-dd02927502-02-28.jpg

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Uh oh...

Well goodbye prospective sale funds, it was nice knowing you. Though considering I got 2 512gb MX100's yesterday I'm not sure why I want another SSD :. Still for those looking for decent capacity, awesome speed at an affoardable price check out Amzon.co.uk in about 2 hours.

Well on that note, for US GAF members Amazon/Newegg has the 500GB Samsung 840 Evo and a copy of FarCry 4 for $190.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-500GB-2-5-Inch-Internal-MZ-7TE500BW/dp/B00E3W19MO (Go to Checkout to see FC4)

http://
Code:
newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=20-147-249

The 250 GB version + FarCry 4 is going for $109.

Before you ask, GAF adds referral links to help pay for servers. There is a post by Evilore about this change. (I would link to it but I am on mobile.)

ExoSoul

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=938215.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ExoSoul, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Two Worlds Epic Edition -- MB-20CB8D7CB4FFB395 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 1 entrants total.

t1417180191z1.png

Lets try it one more time shall we?

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Everyone's talking sales and here I am playing games. Finally decided to finish Mirror's Edge. It was pretty fun but I was terrible at it, even on normal. Didn't get all the bags but it's not like they unlock anything, so no worries there. Story was paper-thin. Two of the main bad guys are dispatched in basically one movement, and the third was a fun challenging battle but the boss basically escapes with no later comeuppance (or even further mention,) so that kinda felt disappointing.

Graphics and music were super slick. Everything looked clean, crisp, and vibrant. Felt like a showpiece for graphics cards (makes you wonder if that's why they waited so long to show a trailer for a sequel.) Took me about 8 hours to finish, partly cause I suck, partly cause there were times I alt-tabbed out and it crashed on me.

But hey, let's face it, I'm not telling you all things that you don't already know. I was LTTP on this in a big way.

Yeah, I am a big fan of the aesthetic direction and general non-combat mechanics in the game. The main story wasnt as well put together however. EA said they are rebooting the franchise, I hope they don't destroy the high points of the first game trying to go after the casual " hit A for awesome" crowd.

Before you ask, GAF adds referral links to help pay for servers. There is a post by Evilore about this change. (I would link to it but I am on mobile.)

Talk about double standards ...

Is Evil Within so bad on PC? Even Destructoid suggest to grab it on console, and still there are a lot of crashes and unpatched bugs :S

Well, it's worse on consoles, assuming you have the required hardware to run it. The port is not great or fantastic by any means, but I think it does the job. 48fps locked, without black-bars feels pretty good.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Is Evil Within so bad on PC? Even Destructoid suggest to grab it on console, and still there are a lot of crashes and unpatched bugs :S

Try the demo out and see how it runs. That's what I did and my verdict was: Seems fine. Could be better, but perfectly playable. I think the lowest my FPS dropped was 24 when I was right up next to fire. And that was with...Below minimum specs? CPU wise anyway. But with an nvida card, a 470 GTX. Apparently it's a bit spottier on AMD cards. And quite a few settings turned down or off. But playable and enjoyable.

The demo is a mere 10,000mb download and is the first three chapters of the game, which a lot of folks said were the weakest.

Tempting. Very tempting. I don't have a French Amazon account though, ha. I can't be bothered with all the fees that'll come with paying over in Euros either.
You can use your Amazon account anywhere, regardless of region.

Edit: Beaten.
Amazon UK's global shipping is actually cheaper and faster than the US, don't know why.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Tiny Tina BL2 DLC was super good, I played it with frost.
You should play it.

I played it, I just didn't end up finishing it. I was playing solo so maybe that's why. I remember struggling at some point and then something else came along and I ended up leaving it. Will go back to it eventually.

ViviOggi

How you guys still aren't tired of Blunderlands after two games and truckloads of DLC is beyond me

Why so many discounts on new titles?
I mean, it's really strange, a thing like that never happened before.

2K and Squeenix have been really fast with the heavy discounts for two years or so but I'm surprised at some of the Bethesda offers as well.

Chariot

Try using a French address.

Or don't buy, much better choice anyway.
But I liked Borderlans 2 :(
Well, I let fate decide. If it's still there when I'm coming home, I buy it. If it's gone, then it's gone.
How you guys still aren't tired of Blunderlands after two games and truckloads of DLC is beyond me
Oh no! 2 (two!!) games in four years with BL vadtly improving graphics and gameplay. The terrible fatique. If you're an AssCreed fan I'm punching you virtually in the face.

Dr Dogg

I know I may have acquired BL The Pre-Sequel in a roundabout cheap way but so far I'm quite enjoying it. Maybe it was the price point or the distinct Australianess about it but it definitely starts out with a much better bang than the other 2. That and playing as Clap Trap is much better than having to listen to it.

Yeah, I am a big fan of the aesthetic direction and general non-combat mechanics in the game. The main story wasnt as well put together however. EA said they are rebooting the franchise, I hope they don't destroy the high points of the first game trying to go after the casual " hit A for awesome" crowd.

A franchise of one game? What's to reboot?

Uh oh...
Well goodbye prospective sale funds, it was nice knowing you. Though considering I got 2 512gb MX100's yesterday I'm not sure why I want another SSD :\. Still for those looking for decent capacity, awesome speed at an affoardable price check out Amzon.co.uk in about 2 hours.
1TB SSD. Talk about overkill. Hey Doc, you think 128GB SSD is good or would you say 2560GB is minimum these days? I am eyeing these two (128GB + 240GB) currently for my new PC.
I am not sure though whether going more capacity is needed since deleting and installing new stuff should be very quick anyway.

derExperte

But I liked Borderlans 2 :(

Combined with your refusal of acquiring Shadow Warrior I have come to the conclusion that a good, healthy slapping is in order. Please send me your address so I can start helping you get back on track.

1TB SSD. Talk about overkill. Hey Doc, you think 128GB SSD is good or would you say 2560GB is minimum these days? I am eyeing these two (128GB + 240GB) currently for my new PC.
I am not sure though whether going more capacity is needed since deleting and installing new stuff should be very quick anyway.

I'd go 512GB if possible but 128GB is too low and comparatively not cheap enough. Also I don't know about that Intenso brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom