• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November II 2014 - Autumn Sale starts the 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

How did you know that was the part I was at?
But yeah just managed to beat it. Thanks.
Ended up using a similar idea.
Well, you said that you were at chapter 9 :D

Oooh, that~s the problem with G2A. Good that I didn~t buz anzthing.

--

edit:
Jesus, just played DoW again. The camera is so fucking close, couldn't remember that.

zkylon

zkylewd
Btw, what is the difference between Shadowrun: Returns and Dragonfall Director's Cut?
shadownet pls

shadowrun returns is the main game

dragonfall is like an expansion like you would see on old rpgs like neverwinter nights or something. it's a new, unrelated story

also it has some improvements to ui and design (like fucking being able to save whenever you want and more open ended progression)

dani_dc

Yeah, I read that. Well, crappy people abusing trust is a reality. When this happen to grab something like games, is just pathetic.

It's a shame, indie developers often need marketing so giving out keys to "youtubers" seems like a no brainer. One more thing to tell people when they ask "what's wrong with *shady site*? "

Btw, what is the difference between Shadowrun: Returns and Dragonfall Director's Cut?

Different campaigns.
Dragonfall was original an expansion of Shadowrun: Returns, but now it can only be bought as it's own app.

Tenrius

What kind of rating is that on the smash case? Doesn't look ESRB or PEGI.

The Russian one!

I debunked that myth yesterday: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=140672053&postcount=92. Didn't try it myself though.

welps, looks like i found a new person to spank besides strider and jaw.

Well, add me on Nintendo Network and stuff. The username is Tenrius there (this extends to anyone else interested).

Why has this become a secondary Nintendo thread again?

Oh come on.

Strider

Alright thanks for the responses. No one said it isn't worth getting so.... Bought!

Still waiting for a MGR daily *twirls thumbs* Wana use the money in my steam wallet to get it. Plus I don't understand a word written on nuuvem.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hey, so is it absolutely impossible now to buy games from Russia?

Trading is restricted, but gifting is not. If you really trust your Russian friend, you can Paypal them the money and they can gift you a game. But if your deal goes south, Steam support can't help you.

Otherwise, when you purchase a game now and put it in your inventory (regardless of which region you purchased it) it'll be trade-restricted for 30 days.

kafiend

shadownet pls

shadowrun returns is the main game

dragonfall is like an expansion like you would see on old rpgs like neverwinter nights or something. it's a new, unrelated story

also it has some improvements to ui and design (like fucking being able to save whenever you want and more open ended progression)

Saving anywhere was also patched into Shadowrun Returns.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but Newegg has a pretty fantastic price on their "Final Fantasy Power Pack" which includes III, IV, VII, VIII, and XIII for $30.57 after coupon code BFDGAME15. All redeem on Steam.

Trust me, it's enough to keep you busy for a while.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Well, add me on Nintendo Network and stuff. The username is Tenrius there (this extends to anyone else interested).

I added you. My Nintendo ID is KennethOD.

Anyone else with a Wii U, feel free to add me as well. It's nice to have more friends for these systems/accounts.

Banner Saga for $5.

yay or nay

Yay. Though you can try to win it in my giveaway as well. 20 mins left on it.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=140767342&postcount=1409

zkylon

zkylewd
Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition is cheap too. $1.55 I think
oh yeah, i didn't mention it cos i'm not into that sort of stuff

Saving anywhere was also patched into Shadowrun Returns.
oh didn't know that

then it might be worth playing, actually

If you can only buy one game this sale, make it La Mulana. It's $3, and the only reason it was cheaper was for the kickstarter for the sequel if I'm remembering things right.
i really wish i kept playing la mulana

i need to get better at it but i felt out of options cos i was so bad at it

Nice, now I have the full Oranges package. The Season Pass was all I was missing. Nice deal for 3 and change.

I ended up only getting the game, couldn't justify paying twice as much for a few costumes and a 2 hour mission, even if twice as much in this case means less than 3 euros.

Turfster

So This War of Mine havent seen a great deal yet right?

Repeating, if you spend 28€ or equivalent on indiegala store today, you get TWOM free.
Of course, that means you have to find enough to get there ;)

No price mistakes, I guess.

Also, Humble store is doing quite a few good deals.

Jørdan

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

Grand Ages: Rome -- MB-61F4DE477229BDF8 - Taken by anastef

Still to play it myself, looks promising.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
That game is hard as shit and I have no idea where to go :(
There's no shame in using the maps on Steam community if you're lost/don't feel like writing down all the clues to solve the puzzles! It's still really fun even without that.

i really wish i kept playing la mulana

i need to get better at it but i felt out of options cos i was so bad at it
How far did you get into it? If you're stuck against a boss, you can explore into other areas and return with a stronger weapon, if that's the case.

Uzzy

So I've heard a lot of good things about Endless Legend, and that price point is really tempting. Anyone here played it, and have thoughts to share?

Khronico

So I've heard a lot of good things about Endless Legend, and that price point is really tempting. Anyone here played it, and have thoughts to share?

Here is my impressions from a few threads ago:

It's a fantastic game. I was doing nightly matches with a friend a few weeks ago and it's by far the most fun I've had with a 4x game. Every race plays completely different, the artstyle and graphics are gorgeous and the combat is pretty good. What's neat is that every race has a main quest that you can do that spans usually the entire game; it's a neat diversion to do if your currently stalemated or just waiting for research/building. I played the roving traders which are the economic victory race, and it's an incredibly fun way to play that game. You can't declare war as roving traders since it's 'bad for business', so I was sitting on massive stockpiles of dust (currency) and precious resources and just bribing/manipulating every side against each other to gain profit. What's really cool is you can hire merc armies and set them as a neutral, flagless army and wreak havoc on enemy territory without them even knowing it was you (which I did alot =P). The only thing I don't like is some mechanics are never explained so you have to rely on user guides to understand some important stuff.

Man, reading the retail musings thread is interesting to say the least. People making reports of how many consoles are left at their local stores, taking pictures...
Some people seem downright obsessed with knowing which console will be nº1 in November's NPD.
I dare say that some of the higher ups in both MS and Sony don't care as much as they do.

Chariot

Jesus Christ. Starting Company of Heroes 2 and the first things that the game throws at is advertisement for DLC. This is 3/4 of the screen. So ugly and icky. Blergh.

Man, reading the retail musings thread is interesting to say the least. People making reports of how many consoles are left at their local stores, taking pictures...
Some people seem downright obsessed with knowing which console will be nº1 in November's NPD.
I dare say that some of the higher ups in both MS and Sony don't care as much as they do.

Going out on a limb to say everyone made money.

Uzzy

Jesus Christ. Starting Company of Heroes 2 and the first things that the game throws at is advertisement for DLC. This is 3/4 of the screen. So ugly and icky. Blergh.

Yup, the DLC pushing leaves a real bad taste in the mouth, which is a shame because I really enjoyed COH2.

Here is my impressions from a few threads ago:

Those sure are some positive thoughts! Looks like I'm buying it then.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Trading is restricted, but gifting is not. If you really trust your Russian friend, you can Paypal them the money and they can gift you a game. But if your deal goes south, Steam support can't help you.

Otherwise, when you purchase a game now and put it in your inventory (regardless of which region you purchased it) it'll be trade-restricted for 30 days.

I really hope Valve removes this limit. I need my cheap Russian games :(

They should at least stop pretending like this has anything to do with preventing scamming rather than preventing cross-region trading.

Ventara

Thanks for posting. I had no idea this was even a thing. Pretty scummy of them.

Damn, these are some nice prices. Will definitely get some when I get home. I can buy these in Canada, right?

zkylon

zkylewd
How far did you get into it? If you're stuck against a boss, you can explore into other areas and return with a stronger weapon, if that's the case.
not too far but i felt like i exhausted the places i could go, tho i probably was just missing something. i wasn't obsessing on any particular section, i did the demons souls thing of exploring every dungeon until i got stuck first. i wasn't reading any guides for anything cos i know figuring it out is part of the fun but i just felt like i wasn't making any progress anymore. also i remember dying a lot to the minecart boss lol

i think i was really bad at that game but i'll give it another shot one day for sure

maybe ask for a few hints or something

Using Steam, how do I display my current FPS in a game?

you can't?

steam doesn't do that

get fraps or something

Damn, these are some nice prices. Will definitely get some when I get home. I can buy these in Canada, right?
won't swear by it but i think so

use hola or some other vpn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom