• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November II 2014 - Autumn Sale starts the 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

Those bundles on the humble site are tempting. Which ones do you guys think are especially good?

Kinda depends on what you like and already have, but...
The Saints Row pack is amazing if you don't already own any of the PC versions
Deus Ex Collection, same rider
Just Cause collection is fun
Tomb Raider Collection

Anteater

dude i lost my knife in wolfenstein, don't remember where I threw it

and fuck yeah saturday, gotta head out and can't play games for half of the day tho, shit

73V3N

Banned
Thanks for ninja gaiden z!
you know who you are

EWmof.gif

Varg

Banned
anything special I need to do to buy from nuuvem? Would just regular paypal suffice? Never messed with that VPN stuff and some of those deals look to good to pass up.

Speevy

Banned
This is actually the franchise pack, includes the whole shebang with DLC.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Speevy:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Saint's Row IV -- MB-4AA0B21C4EB7EB77 - Taken by dave is ok. 54 entrants total.

t1417222852z1.png

oipic

So I've heard a lot of good things about Endless Legend, and that price point is really tempting. Anyone here played it, and have thoughts to share?

Shamelessly cross-posting from the sale thread:

If you're at all a lover of strategy games, and 4X games in particular, and you have the time to play this now, then Endless Legend is a great buy at 50% off - I'm confident that you wouldn't regret it at this price.

It's polished, well supported (a very meaty patch/add-on was released a couple of days ago), has that Civ-like just-one-more-turn character to it, but is innovative in several areas as well. AI still needs fine tuning, but the devs are aware of the shortcomings in this area and have a plan to address them. The varied faction design and associated quest system is reason enough to play through as each of the eight factions at least once, so there's plenty of value here. The UI and music are terrific as well.

Endless Legend will be somewhere in my GOTY top five, for what that's worth. :)

Jadax

arrrghglblblblb

Hate dota when dumbass tinker goes last pick mid, fails at mid, fails at pushing, and then proceeds to nerd-rage all over the team for not backing him up.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
and done with DA:Inquisition. kudos Bioware. now to play something that ISNT life consuming and requires 10 hour sessions...

...time to finally jump on Warlords of Draenor I think >_>

oipic

Jørdan;140789821 said:
ewLhHrm.png

Gonna' go out on a limb and say I'm the only one.

Nope, you're not the only one. :)

I've been waiting patiently for a deeper discount on Anno 1404/Dawn of Discovery, but might just have to bite the bullet and pick it up during this sale - has been right at the top of my wishlist since it returned to Steam.

I just beat Metro 2033 redux and Im not too sure about the ending. Something about it just didn't seem to stick, it just seemed to end abruptly. The game was fucking great and im currently installing Last Light. Im kinda mad it took me this long to play it.

Just took a trip down memory lane with Nights into Dreams. Can't believe it's been almost 20 years. That music... there's nothing else like it.

I just beat Metro 2033 redux and Im not too sure about the ending. Something about it just didn't seem to stick, it just seemed to end abruptly. The game was fucking great and im currently installing Last Light. Im kinda mad it took me this long to play it.

In Last Light's case I actually liked the bad ending more. It's more fitting for the tone of the game.

Dr Dogg

Which ending did you get though? Your 'choices' you make through the course of the game open up options. Last Light picks up after the events of the bad ending.

should i get yaiba ninja gaiden z?? i want to play that mode that had retro music and stuff , do i have to beat the normal mode to get that??

Which ending did you get though? Your 'choices' you make through the course of the game open up options. Last Light picks up after the events of the bad ending.

I got the bad ending :(

Dont get me wrong, the story was great and the writing was amazing. Idk maybe I just need to sit on it longer. I might watch the good ending on youtube or something

Chariot

Yup, the DLC pushing leaves a real bad taste in the mouth, which is a shame because I really enjoyed COH2.
:(
And I thought the tiny ad in Shogun II was bad. Hopefully SEGA turns that down in their next games or I am going to be scared for a possible Valkyria Chronicles 4. "Wanna have Snipers? No problem buy the Sniper Troop DLC"

Dr Dogg

Dont get me wrong, the story was great and the writing was amazing. Idk maybe I just need to sit on it longer. I might watch the good ending on youtube or something

Hahaha I wouldn't worry about it, unless you were being really, really careful or read a guide getting the good ending on your first go would take a massive ammount of luck. Plus when Last Light starts things make much more sense now.

Between them not much changes appart from the final bit. Yeah I was head scratching after finishing it but I went and had a read up after kind of answered a few questions that I had because it took me a fair few attempts to finish the game.

AHA-Lambda

Yeah, everyone gets the bad ending first unless they're playing it with a guide, I wouldn't worry about it.

Look forward to an even better experience in Last Light. I haven't played Last Light Redux yet (it's on my list) but the original version was pretty darn close to perfect in my eyes.

In my opinion, it's up there with Half-Life 2 in the atmospheric shooter department. Truly one of the greats.

Vazduh

Look forward to an even better experience in Last Light. I haven't played Last Light Redux yet (it's on my list) but the original version was pretty darn close to perfect in my eyes.

In my opinion, it's up there with Half-Life 2 in the atmospheric shooter department. Truly one of the greats.

Human (enemy) AI was atrocious in LL (redux), stealth and the whole experience wasn't fun just because of how bad it was.

Pakkidis

Explain Nuveem to me. I'm in Canada but the price is Brazillian. Does my credit card company do the conversion. Is there any way to translate the text to english.

autoduelist

A month ago or so Shadownet was kind enough to give me 50% off coupons for Endless Space and its DLC.

It's 80% off today, so I bought the bundle, and it only used up the DLC coupon (but took 50% off the bundle) so I still have the main coupon.

So... if anyone wants it, let me know. I don't really now how to gift coupons but I'm sure we'll figure it out.

On a related note, how exactly does one get coupons? I'm looking to pick up Dungeon of the Endless but if there's a way to get a coupon all the better.

PS- - thank you Shadownet, your goodwill was very appreciated.

Sini

The Marvellous Miss Take!
Dex!
Mordheim!

(People will probably go for Mordor or something)
Great choices!
I was expecting something generic like Mordor as well if anyone else bothered to respond.

Since Marvellous Miss Take is only finished title:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (SinineSiil, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Marvellous Miss Take -- MB-7A41621E16D1B31D - Taken by spindoctor. 71 entrants total.

t1417301512z1.png

:eek:

ewLhHrm.png

Gonna' go out on a limb and say I'm the only one.
Anno 1404 is superb, I finally got during summer sale when a friend decided to gift it to me.

Jørdan

Nope, you're not the only one. :)

I've been waiting patiently for a deeper discount on Anno 1404/Dawn of Discovery, but might just have to bite the bullet and pick it up during this sale - has been right at the top of my wishlist since it returned to Steam.

Impeccable taste :p

While it's certainly worth the price my card money doesn't come close at the current discount so it may be the winter Christmas sale before it's added to the cart. It doesn't appear to be available outside of Europe so no discounted copies from trades sadly. Let's hope for a series sale.

Anno 1404 is superb, I finally got during summer sale when a friend decided to gift it to me.

An excellent gift to receive, it's been on my radar for some time and it's a welcome sight to see it return to Steam.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
What already released Steam game is everyone most excited to get and actually play?

Mine was Defense Grid 2 which an awesome GAFer traded me. I've already put 8 hours into it and I'm about 3/5th of the way through the campaign and loving every second of it.

kevin1025

Banned
Explain Nuveem to me. I'm in Canada but the price is Brazillian. Does my credit card company do the conversion. Is there any way to translate the text to english.

I just used Nuuvem for the first time today, in Canada as well. If you search for "buy from Nuuvem guide" in Google, there's a few guides that help you navigate the site a little easier. For payment, I went through Paypal, which converted the payment from BR into CDN at confirmation (used credit card). Went through fine! Many have been using it for quite a while with no troubles.

Ozium

Is this a joke? because I love me some ninja gaiden but 2 was the last one i played.

I really liked what little I played, it was 60fps, had a slick in your face presentation and was absolute boffo. It's more musuo-like than the other NGs tho... very tongue-in-cheek as well.

Ozium, you really need to tell me who your dealer is sometime.

when I get further in I will make a LTTP thread on gaming side for YAIBA with the subtitle being the best NG game since Black... that should be fun.

Gentlemen.

irajiehmvna7hk6e.jpg

You seem to have mistaken this for the WiiU thread. While zeilard loves him some WiiU, it has nothing to do with steam or the steam sale. -_-;

I really liked what little I played, it was 60fps, had a slick in your face presentation and was absolute boffo. It's more musuo-like than the other NGs tho... very tongue-in-cheek as well.

when I get further in I will make a LTTP thread on gaming side for YAIBA with the subtitle being the best NG game since Black... that should be fun.

Another for my Yaiba army... excellent.

And yeah, I look forward to that LTTP... I'll probably end up banned, but it'll be worth it.

ArjanN

Yaiba is an OK brawler Ninja Gaiden spinoff. It's not great, but amusing enough for a playthrough if you can pick it up cheap.

Yeah, everyone gets the bad ending first unless they're playing it with a guide, I wouldn't worry about it.

The bad ending is the canon ending anyway. It was in the novel, and the sequel also assumes you got the bad ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom