• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November II 2014 - Autumn Sale starts the 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Stop talking about DA:I!
I'm too weak and I'll probably bite :(

Saying that I was tempted to do something really silly and go stock up on BioWare points if nothing I'm after pops up over the weekend and go grab the remaining ME3 and DA2 DLC I'm missing. It's not like it's going to ever be any cheaper.

Asgaro

Is this game ever actually getting made or are people just sinking more and more money into stretch goals? It's crazy. What's to stop them from just taking them money and saying "oh I guess it didn't work out, sorry" and making millions? It seems like at this point they just keep saying "okay well we'll add space zoos" and people throw more money at it.

The average pledge per backer is $96.6. It's indeed crazy.
(Calculated from https://robertsspaceindustries.com/funding-goals)

I backed it in the early days for $40.0 and won't spend a dime more.

Games!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Lost Civilization -- MB-44A1F0C7015A14CA - Taken by lindarasta
The Last Door - Collector's Edition -- MB-75BF46D0D43119E1 - Taken by EdmondD
Freedom Fall -- MB-9086688FC07EBA66 - Taken by Shadownet
Face Noir -- MB-8E373EC8E15B4D97 - Taken by TheMadMan007
Platypus -- MB-AFA767E025D6CFBB - Taken by autoduelist
OCEAN CITY RACING -- MB-BFAECCCDE08B5746 - Taken by SSPssp
Jets'n'Guns Gold -- MB-72D54EB77D2989DE - Taken by Tellaerin
Power-Up -- MB-91F41BE7536302EC - Taken by roadrunn3r

Holy crap, Yaiba's menu music has some serious bass to it.

I love that dubstep menu music. ;)
It fits very well and usually gets me amped to step into the Yaiba-verse

should i get yaiba ninja gaiden z?? i want to play that mode that had retro music and stuff , do i have to beat the normal mode to get that??

Yes. You have to beat the game once to get it.

Better than 3 and maybe 2, sure. Comparing it to Black though? Hell naw.

He said it was the "best since black".

I don't personally agree with that comparison, since I don't have this misplaced idea of where black ranks or that they're even the same type of game... besides, I still consider Sigma to be be better than Black and I've yet to encounter an argument as to what in the change list from black to Sigma actually made it worse, but that's besides the point.

The simple answer is "Yaiba is a good game and you should play it if you like musou type games".

Chariot

I heard some controversy went down in the CSGO dreamhack tournament and some team might get banned? What exactly happened?
Some dude was picked up for having a aim helping tool that wasn't detected by the anti-cheat system so valve upgraded it and suddenly a number of pro players were detected.

This, this I can get behind.

I certainly had more fun with Yaiba than I did in either version of 3. Musou-esque games are my guilty pleasure.

Musou games can be a good time. I still have a problem getting into them, as is evident with my play of DW8... I just miss some of the things I want from an action game like dashes and parrying and a bit of variety when it comes to combos... DW8 wasn't able to scratch those itches, so I played the tutorials and didn't even really get into the normal missions because the combat wasn't clicking.

Placing a very character-action game like combo system inside a musou and setting it in the NG universe? I loved it. And I think Yaiba is one of my favorite original characters in years.

DocSeuss

Bummed out that I'm out of money. Had to spend it on fixing some stuff, medicine, gas, and a couple gifts for people. Life's gonna be TIGHT until late January. Was able to pick up a couple games on Steam sale, so all's good.

Sini

Some dude was picked up for having a aim helping tool that wasn't detected by the anti-cheat system so valve upgraded it and suddenly a number of pro players were detected.
That happened before Dreamhack.
I heard some controversy went down in the CSGO dreamhack tournament and some team might get banned? What exactly happened?
What actually happened was that team Fnatic used a boost on Overpass map that was unknown to everyone else + illegal according to Dreamhack rules and locked down half the map with it. They were 9 rounds behind before and thanks to using it they came back and won.
AFVdPGT.jpg

Edit: Read about it here: http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/2nowkw/discuss_the_fnatic_boost_on_overpass/

Chariot

What actually happened was that team Fnatic used a boost on Overpass map that was unknown to everyone else + illegal according to Dreamhack rules and locked down half the map with it. They were 9 round behind before and thanks to using it they came back and won.
AFVdPGT.jpg
Oh, didn't know about that yet. Cool!

fuck chapter 11 in valkyria ;_;
It's alright, be strong :,(

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Speevy, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Saint's Row IV -- MB-4AA0B21C4EB7EB77 - Taken by dave is ok. 54 entrants total.

t1417222852z1.png

Asgaro

Jørdan;140789821 said:
ewLhHrm.png

Gonna' go out on a limb and say I'm the only one.

Thanks for posting this: I didn't know this game was back on Steam!
I had to buy it on GetGamesGo a few years ago since it was removed from Steam at that time...

Jadax

What actually happened was that team Fnatic used a boost on Overpass map that was unknown to everyone else + illegal according to Dreamhack rules and locked down half the map with it. They were 9 rounds behind before and thanks to using it they came back and won.
AFVdPGT.jpg

Edit: Read about it here: http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/2nowkw/discuss_the_fnatic_boost_on_overpass/

Are you sure it's illegal though? It's definitely a flaw since they/he could see all the B plays. It's against the spirit of the game for sure, but I'm not sure a ban/kick is justified especially since it's a map flaw. I don't follow csgo much, but Flusha seems to be a twat so meh...get kicked for all I care.

Oh and the private hack the pro players were using, it's actually quite popular for esea (or was).

Also, lol at people comparing it to the fountain hook flaw - that shit was known by everyone in the game, and was completely useless since it required a certain level of skill + understanding between chen/pudge (not to mention Valve acknowledged it and didn't care), Navi just used it so well that 1 game that it forced Valve to accept it was not working as intended.

Strider

Wow. That's...odd to say the least. But according to the reddit post you linked:

As it stands, this map position may be illegal according to DreamHack Winter's rules and is currently being investigated by DHW admins

Seems way too harsh to ban/eliminate a team for something that may or may not be against the rules and they aren't even sure yet. A replay starting at 12-3 again is the best solution I would think...

Chariot

it's like brothers in arms road to hill 30 all over again

which, btw, is a really underservedly underrated game if you ask me
If it helps, search for some nice interpretations of the Scarborough Fair and imagine that the interprets sing 'Marberry Shore' instead.

Are you going to Marberry Shore?
Bunkers, tanks, trenches & death
Remember me to one who died there
She once was a true comrade of mine

Dr.Acula

Banned
Are you sure it's illegal though? I haven't read the rules or anything, but what on earth is pixelwalking? It's definitely a flaw since they/he could see all the B plays. It's against the spirit of the game for sure, but I'm not sure a ban/kick is justified especially since it's a map flaw.

Oh and the private hack the pro players were using, it's actually quite popular for esea (or was).

Oh and lol at people comparing it to the fountain hook flaw - that shit was known by everyone in the game, and was completely useless since it required a certain level of skill + understanding between chen/pudge (not to mention Valve acknowledged it and didn't care), Navi just used it so well that 1 game that it forced Valve to accept it was not working as intended.

The reddit thread is interesting.

5e2T6l6.jpg

Basically, it shows that there's a solid "clipped" wall, or invisible barrier flush with the geometry in the section. So the player isn't standing on a "ledge" but rather are standing on an "exploit." Dreamhack rules explicitly forbid "pixel walking" as it's called.

There's also another rule that prevents players from accessing areas that result in them "Seeing through textures."

If you zoom into a far part of the map, you can see through a texture here. Now it doesn't impact the play, but by the letter of the law it could rule this map position illegal.

yL2JqA8.jpg

Annubis

AFVdPGT.jpg

My only thought about this is how cool it would look if while losing, they start this discussion
Fnatic A: Activate the triple boost.
Fnatic B: The triple boost ??
Fnatic A: It's time!

zkylon

zkylewd
If it helps, search for some nice interpretations of the Scarborough Fair and imagine that the interprets sing 'Marberry Shore' instead.

Are you going to Marberry Shore?
Bunkers, tanks, trenches & death
Remember me to one who died there
She once was a true comrade of mine

that doesn't help at all

ibmoJpTXPZHDht.gif

zkylon

zkylewd
someone needs to remember brothers in arms

gearbox and ubisoft clearly don't remember

neogaf don't remember

nobody remembers

but i remember

Shadownet

Banned
Dreamfall Chapters has a new patch.
Version 1.1.2 patch notes

The latest Dreamfall Chapters patch has arrived — a bit late for Thanksgiving, but just in time for Black Friday!

Here's a list of the most important fixes in v1.1.2 for Windows, Mac and Linux.

Improved memory management: memory usage is now 15-20% less in Europolis and should help players on 32-bit Windows and/or with 3GB of RAM. Memory optimisation can also help reduce frame-rate stuttering.
Fixed graphical glitches on AMD and Intel GPUs causing broken corneas: no more crazy laser eyes!
Added checkboxes to disable camera effects.
Steam sync improvements. The game no longer keeps save games in RAM, reducing memory usage.
Fixed frame-rate issue in Zoë's apartment.
Collision fixes in various locations. No more escaping through the scenery! (At least, we hope so. Please report any remaining loopholes.)
Changed eye-icon to F-icon (or equivalent key binding) when drawing the player's attention to an object or character.
Fixed a bug where 'Consequence' text was out of bounds and did not display correctly in some languages.
Fixed a bug where the 'submit changes' and 'revert changes' buttons would be incorrectly displayed when showing the UI the first time.
Fixed a bug where labels/text for items in drop-down lists would disappear (and made the lists look better).
The player should no longer be able to open the inventory when there are no inventory items. This addresses issues players were having while opening the inventory in House of All Worlds, resulting in either seeing Zöe's items from Europolis or creating a bug where the cursor would be stuck on screen, making it harder to move around.
No more interactables on moved or removed assets (e.g. invisible cars on Kaprova).
On start-up, depth-of-field is disabled on Macs with integrated Intel GPU. This can be manually re-enabled but will affect frame-rate.
Replaced missing lightmaps in Pandemonium.
Wrong gender on one of the NPCs near Pandemonium
Fixed window and door camera collisions in Dr Roman's office to avoid camera clipping through surfaces.
Rebaked occlusion map to avoid vanishing scenery on the rooftop in Friar's Keep, Sister Sahya's office, Dr Roman's office and in Europolis.
Added missing French subtitles for Sister Sayahs office.
Added version number in title settings menu: you can finally see which version of the game you're running!
Fix for buggy save-game thumbnails.
Footsteps have been fixed in Friar's Keep.
Shi*bot regains missing flapping fabric animations for his stupid mouth.
Reduced reverb in dreaming girl's bedroom in Storytime, and in the Hand that Feeds.
Removed non-functional talk action on vendor in Europolis.
De-synced synchronised NPC animations in Friar's Keep (Murron's guards) and in Europolis (EYE guards harassing Nela).
Added buzzer interaction if Zoe goes to Pandemonium directly after Nela.
Added missing lip-sync and missing subtitle for Mr London.
Collision fix on stairs to university lab in Europolis.

We still have a couple of known bugs that we're still working on, including:

Loading an existing save-game in Europolis on 32-bit Windows and/or with 3GB of RAM can still cause random crashes. We are working on a fix, but in the meantime, click here for a work-around.

Let us know if there's anything that doesn't work as expected; we are in the planning phases of version 1.2 but if any emergency fixes are needed, we will make a 1.1.3 patch as soon as possible.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of our American players, and a happy last-Friday-of-November to everyone else!

Jadax

Even having watched the anime, and thus knowing what was coming, I wasn't prepared for the feels. That said, the anime version of those events was worse.

pfft..nothing compared to the feels I got in Cowboy Bebop...or even Death Note!

Chariot

I've not played the game yet but are you guys saying there is something soul crushing which includes the song Scarborough Fair?

That song has already too many of my feels because of Gunslinger Girls ;_;
It's just ghat the feeling of the song fits the event perfectly and that Marberry Shore can easily swap out Scarborough Fair.
Luckily there was nothing like Clae's episode in Gunslinger Girl. That would've really crushed me.

Even having watched the anime, and thus knowing what was coming, I wasn't prepared for the feels. That said, the anime version of those events was worse.
Same here. I knew what was up, but it hit me anyways :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom