• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November II 2014 - Autumn Sale starts the 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random sorta non-steam question but a good community to ask so here goes:

Games with fantastic art books (preferably hardcover and not limited as hell so the price is through the roof. I have the Dark Souls book on my radar, but looking for additional suggestions..

Games with fantastic art books (preferably hardcover and not limited as hell so the price is through the roof. I have the Dark Souls book on my radar, but looking for additional suggestions..
I have the original Dark Souls hard-cover strategy guide that's full of super-awesome artwork.

It's completely useless to use as a guide, though, since the game was patched so many times, but it functions as a really nice art book.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

I love my copy of Half-Life 2 Raising the Bar.

Parsnip

Well, I had an uplay issue today and it seemed like my AC Unity save was toast.
I was like this.

arrow-rage-1.gif

But then it suddenly started working again.
Why you gotta be like this uplay? What did I ever do to you?
I guess I need to do custom profile for gamesave manager.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
2014-11-29_01-43-05.jpg

jesus christ ... steam, slow down, please ... you'll set my router on fire -_-メ

zkylon

zkylewd
I've not played the game yet but are you guys saying there is something soul crushing which includes the song Scarborough Fair?

That song has already too many of my feels because of Gunslinger Girls ;_;

well i mean you know there's gonna be tragedy in this game because it's a war game about the human side of things and all. much like valiant hearts, you know from the start there's gonna be a few sad moments. that's kind of why you play it, i guess

didn't watch gunslinger girls so can't really comment on that

Even having watched the anime, and thus knowing what was coming, I wasn't prepared for the feels. That said, the anime version of those events was worse.
it's kind of tasteful, i'll give it that

it's no elfen lied lol

Asgaro

someone needs to remember brothers in arms

gearbox and ubisoft clearly don't remember

neogaf don't remember

nobody remembers

but i remember

I don't remember since I never played one aside from a demo.
But it's on my TODO list to play at least one game from it: my To Buy spreadsheet has a link to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brothers_in_Arms_(series) so I don't forget to eventually do some research and get into this franchise.

If you can recommend 1 or 2 games, which ones would it be?

Jørdan

Thanks for posting this: I didn't know this game was back on Steam!
I had to buy it on GetGamesGo a few years ago since it was removed from Steam at that time...

My pleasure, it's great to see so much interest in it which was quite unexpected. Appears to be Europe only for now, perhaps a licensing issue so it's good to know it's available digitally elsewhere for the future.

Ruruja

Wellllllll, only just realised three levels in to LOVE that x makes a checkpoint! Game just got a lot easier to be honest.

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't remember since I never played one aside from a demo.
But it's on my TODO list to play at least one game from it: my To Buy spreadsheet has a link to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brothers_in_Arms_(series) so I don't forget to eventually do some research and get into this franchise.

If you can recommend 1 or 2 games, which ones would it be?

from the brothers in arms series?

i'd say it's 1=2>3, pretty easy

1 and 2 (road to hill 30 and earned in blood) use the same engine and are essentially the same game with a different story/scenarios. i like those two the best because i think the difficulty and the more minimalist storytelling works best. most of the story is told through monologues at the beginning of each chapter and through random banter between your squadmates. having one of your guys die in combat (even if they respawn in the next mission) was pretty sad for me, i always tried to get my missions done with no deaths.

3 (hell's highway) isn't terrible but it's way easier (straight up shooting is way more reliable+recharging health+your squad revives at every checkpoint) and it's got a more traditional way of telling its story. lots of cutscenes, which are pretty high quality, but not as interesting imo. it's still a pretty ok game but i don't love it like 1 and 2

they're sometimes pretty cheap on steam on like a bundle so maybe you can pick them up on winter sale.

Asgaro

from the brothers in arms series?

i'd say it's 1=2>3, pretty easy

1 and 2 (road to hill 30 and earned in blood) use the same engine and are essentially the same game with a different story/scenarios. i like those two the best because i think the difficulty and the more minimalist storytelling works best. most of the story is told through monologues at the beginning of each chapter and through random banter between your squadmates. having one of your guys die in combat (even if they respawn in the next mission) was pretty sad for me, i always tried to get my missions done with no deaths.

3 (hell's highway) isn't terrible but it's way easier (straight up shooting is way more reliable+recharging health+your squad revives at every checkpoint) and it's got a more traditional way of telling its story. lots of cutscenes, which are pretty high quality, but not as interesting imo. it's still a pretty ok game but i don't love it like 1 and 2

they're sometimes pretty cheap on steam on like a bundle so maybe you can pick them up on winter sale.

Thanks. Bookmarking this post. :)

And honestly I won't buy the games in the Winter Sale yet... I completed stopped buying games about 2 weeks ago and will continue to do so till my backlog is finished...
(Exception being when a wishlisted game is in a bundle(a Humble Bundle style bundle; not a regular Steam bundle) or I get it through a giveaway.)

Miguel81

I've never played through NG 3 or Yaiba so I have no right to hate on them. The first 2 are just incredible character action games. Whenever Koei Tecmo get around to an HD trilogy pack for XBONE/PS4 hopefully they'll be smart enough to bring them over to PC/Steam as well.

MGS 3 and 4 had fabulous art books. I should kick myself repeatedly for selling them.

Is it possible to rename categories?

Sure -- if you use Depressurizer, right click the category and choose rename.

If you're doing it in Steam, just select all games in the category, do "set category..." or whatever it's called, uncheck the category you want to rename and type in a new category with the renamed title.

Asgaro

Lmao, the national news here had a short topic on the state of AAA games today. They showed AC: Unity with the almighty glitches.
Surprised they gave attention to this considering they normally don't really post about videogames.

http://deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws/videozone/nieuws/cultuurenmedia/1.2163550?playlist=7.39638
(I don't think this broadcast is region locked.)

The text underneath the video displays what the narrator said.
Since I'm too lazy at the moment to translate, I'm glad Google Translate does a decent job:
Remarkably many video games this fall are marketed, have errors. Characters linger in the air or can not get up. With the holidays in sight producers have apparently too much hurry to finish their games.

Turfster

Man fuck chapter 11 not the mission in Valkyria.
If you beat it you know.

Yes.

Lmao, the national news here had a short topic on the state of AAA games today. They showed AC: Unity with the almighty glitches.
Surprised they gave attention to this considering they normally don't really post about videogames.
That's some mighty shoddy journalism with broadstroke generalisation, but what else are you going to expect from them? =p

Gamesplanet Black Friday daily deals ticked over

zkylon

zkylewd
Thanks. Bookmarking this post. :)

And honestly I won't buy the games in the Winter Sale yet... I completed stopped buying games about 2 weeks ago and will continue to do so till my backlog is finished...
(Exception being when a wishlisted game is in a bundle(a Humble Bundle style bundle; not a regular Steam bundle) or I get it through a giveaway.)
np, it's not really a MUST HAVE or anything but i'm interested in games that don't glorify war and try to see the human side of things

i wish they didn't make the german soldiers cartoonish wolfenstein monsters tho, that's the one thing about brothers in arms i feel like they fucked up

Man fuck chapter 11 not the mission in Valkyria.
If you beat it you know.
yea ;_;

they give you like a super easy mission after that for like catharsis or something

but still ;_;

iwFyLayVPK6gh.gif

Ozium

just tried big picture mode for the first time ever after connecting via hdmi to my 46" flatscreen...

omg why have I waited so long?

Miguel81

You'll end up going back.
In game chat and the like are horrible with the overlay, as is the web browser.

I don't appreciate the fact that it goes to big screen mode whenever I hold the PS button to power off. I prefer regular desktop mode, even in the living room.

Edit: I'd never completed San Andreas, so I'm playing through it now. It makes me miss how tongue-in-cheek the older games were. Everything is hilariously absurd.

sibarraz

Banned
I bought an Xbox one controller, anyone knows how could I setup the controller to work wireless? I already made it work while connected to the USB

autoduelist

How good is depressurizer nowadays? I've read several reviews, but all were written soon after release, and the obvious big complaint was that you're forced to depend on Steam's categorizations. I'm sure that hasn't changed, but has Steam gotten any better at categorizing?

I guess what I'm asking is that if I have maybe 150 steam games, with maybe 50 already organized, should i bite the bullet and just finish it myself or take a chance on automation?

Jørdan

Anyone know if you will be blocked from market if you change password?

Recent Password Reset

If you reset your password, you will be restricted from trading and the Community Market for 7 days. If your account has not had any activity for more than 2 months, these restrictions will apply for 30 days. We do this to help protect users who lose access to their email account. Note that this does not affect password changes, only password resets.
Yep.

Miguel81

I bought an Xbox one controller, anyone knows how could I setup the controller to work wireless? I already made it work while connected to the USB

Microsoft should have went with standard bluetooth, even if it's not as good signal-wise. It would have made this a non-issue.

Annubis

I paid for Defy Gravity with 16c I got from selling cards, then sold the cards to make back that 16c.
Thank you kind strangers for the free +1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom