• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November II 2014 - Autumn Sale starts the 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Well, they're pretty much my favourite games too.
I think they were pretty much the only games we agreed on ;)

i should make a top 20 zkylon list or something

i'd probably wouldn't put the thief games there since spiders mean i can't ever play them again but deus ex is definitely there. thief 1 was also one of my favorite games back when i could play it

Miguel81

i should make a top 20 zkylon list or something

i'd probably wouldn't put the thief games there since spiders mean i can't ever play them again but deus ex is definitely there. thief 1 was also one of my favorite games back when i could play it

Ugh, the old-school icky spiders. Tomb Raider 2 had them as well.

Disliking countless great games made between then and now is not :p

Wonder what killed his spirits. I do share his dislike for Tomb Raider 2013, especially as a fan of the earlier stuff.

zkylon

zkylewd
Is there something on the page I need to look out for? I don't speak Brazilian, so I don't know if it says they're region-locked or not.

just go to your account, click on the game you want and key should be there

iqQgzTEfq5931.png

also brazilian is not a language -_-

Ugh, the old-school icky spiders. Tomb Raider 2 had them as well.
yeah, actually the ones in deus ex (those robo bot thingies) also freak me out some bit but i can manage

the ones in thief are pretty bad for me tho

i really wish i could add it to the list, i'm really an admirer of everything thief stands for, but i feel it's unfair to name a game that i can't even play

denx

The spiders in System Shock 2 were pretty bad too. They were fast, took away your health pretty quickly and made an awful screeching sound when they were near. Brrrr...

Miguel81

yeah, actually the ones in deus ex (those robo bot thingies) also freak me out some bit but i can manage

the ones in thief are pretty bad for me tho

i really wish i could add it to the list, i'm really an admirer of everything thief stands for, but i feel it's unfair to name a game that i can't even play

I hear Skyrim has some particularly nasty arachnids. Whenever I get around to playing it, it might be an issue. Older games always horrifying sound effects to accompany the critters, and it was not appreciated by myself. Spiders and sharks freak me out. REmake is really bad on both fronts.

zkylon

zkylewd
Olá, zkylon! ;)
hola!

The spiders in System Shock 2 were pretty bad too. They were fast, took away your health pretty quickly and made an awful screeching sound when they were near. Brrrr...
yeah, that's why i never finished system shock 2, specially since that game is pretty fucking tense already

fortunately they don't show up until like half the game so i got to play a good chunk and would probably put it on my list anyways

also there's a mod that removes them, which i should try one day

i really, really like pretty much everything about system shock 2

I hear Skyrim has some particularly nasty arachnids. Whenever I get around to playing it, it might be an issue. Older games always horrifying sound effects to accompany the critters, and it was not appreciated by myself. Spiders and sharks freak me out. REmake is really bad on both fronts.
the little of skyrim i played was with an easy to install mod that replaces them with like skeletons or something

nothing to be afraid of, except maybe skyrim itself being kind of shit :>

i wish i could do this faster but i'm very slowly making my anti-spider database :p

MUnited83

For you.
So, do I just buy keys off of nuuvem normally and activate them on Steam normally? Is VPN required anywhere in this?

It really depends on the game. Most are region free but not all.

Some are just region locked to purchase and you need a VPN to buy them, however the key will be region free.

And other's are outright locked and you would need a VPN to activate it on Steam.

Is there something on the page I need to look out for? I don't speak Brazilian, so I don't know if it says they're region-locked or not.

Nobody speaks Brazilian. Not even Brazilians :p

Ventara

just go to your account, click on the game you want and key should be there

No, I mean before I buy it. Is there something on the store page that indicates whether a key is region-locked?

Edit: Derp, yes it does. Quite obviously, too. My bad. Not a good night for me.

REGION LOCKED: Esse jogo só poderá ser jogado no Brasil

also brazilian is not a language -_-

Oops. Had a brainfart. Meant Portugese.

Didn't touch it, so normal I guess?

Ah, yeah, you still might have some issues with phase 2 of the second half of that chapter -- hardest fight in the game, easily.

I know some tricks when you get there, if you need them -- just let me know.

Also, PSA to anyone starting and playing Yaiba -- the game's menu is a bit of bad design -- so if you button mash to get "into" the game thinking it will continue, you'll get your save overwritten and lose your current checkpoint as well as all your levels/upgrades and shards.

So... when starting up the game... DON'T MASH.

This is how I ended up taking on Nightmare with a fresh save. -_-;

denx

hola!

yeah, that's why i never finished system shock 2, specially since that game is pretty fucking tense already

fortunately they don't show up until like half the game so i got to play a good chunk and would probably put it on my list anyways

also there's a mod that removes them, which i should try one day

i really, really like pretty much everything about system shock 2
You should def try the game with the no-spiders mod and finish it. The last part of the game is not as good as the rest, but it's still a game worth playing through the end.

I like spiders in games, especially if the game makes them go pop.

I actually like spiders in games too, despite not being a big fan of them in real life.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
When you say they stopped outright banning, do you mean they give warnings, or ban you but still allow you to play your games? If it's the former, I might consider it, but I don't want to be banned from buying games off of Steam.

The general restriction is that you're barred from purchasing, gifting, trading and activating CD keys. Valve can also restrict access to Steam Community but this is only done in cases where it's actually relevant. If by some bizarre twist of fate Valve decided to make an example of you, you'd probably get away with a warning if you promised never to do it again, but you'd hardly be the first person to err on the side of caution, so there's no shame in playing it safe.

FYI, the restriction system replaced this:
getimage.php

The idea behind it being that if a user runs afoul of the SSA they should still have access to the games they purchased while their account was in good standing, which wasn't possible before.

zkylon

zkylewd
Tomb Raider Underworld would be a nice addition to that list. Creepy crawlies in a cave with nasty sounds to accompany them.
yeah i was thinking of like making a form or something if people wanted to contribute to that list and then host it somewhere

at one point i'll do it

You should def try the game with the no-spiders mod and finish it. The last part of the game is not as good as the rest, but it's still a game worth playing through the end.
yeah i mean, it's not like thief in like i used to love thief and i can never play it again bad, so i'm not in a hurry to beat system shock 2 any time soon (tho i do have it on steam if i ever feel like it)

like fortunately i got to play it just a few years ago so it's fairly fresh in my mind

some day, tho

You should. It's cheesy and awesome and only costs a buck!

For $1, it's okay... but at it's core it's a competent (at best) God of War clone with no real strengths unless you really adore cheesy b-movie (or lower grade) writing.

I do love that they know their "cutscenes" are so bad that they included an achievement for skipping all of them.

Outside of that, my biggest issue with the game was the ridiculous lack of boss fights. I still can't forgive that.

Is the key for Alien: Isolation region free on nuuvem? I know you can't purchase it in US.

I never played it.

Some people will tell you to jump in on it, but you won't be missing much if you skip it.

The general restriction is that you're barred from purchasing, gifting, trading and activating CD keys. Valve can also restrict access to Steam Community but this is only done in cases where it's actually relevant. If by some bizarre twist of fate Valve decided to make an example of you, you'd probably get away with a warning if you promised never to do it again, but you'd hardly be the first person to err on the side of caution, so there's no shame in playing it safe.

Do as Santa Saorise says, not as she does, children. ;)

Turfster

Ah, yeah, you still might have some issues with phase 2 of the second half of that chapter -- hardest fight in the game, easily.

I know some tricks when you get there, if you need them -- just let me know.
My main problem is that I cannot for the life of me get the timing right to bounce back the fireballs, really.
Okay, I've managed it a few times now, still hard to do while the other dude is shooting at you tho =p
I can dodge their charges and their firespews, but while I'm fighting one dude, I pretty much get fireballed to death by the other one.
(And no, I didn't get the counter slowdown before now, and I a few XP off from next level)

My main problem is that I cannot for the life of me get the timing right to bounce back the fireballs, really.
I can dodge their charges and their firespews, but while I'm fighting one dude, I pretty much get fireballed to death by the other one.
(And no, I didn't get the counter slowdown before now, and I a few XP off from next leve)

Block early and hold it. Like when the projectile still in front of Yaiba. If you hold block, worst case you might take a little splash damage, but you won't die. When countering, it doesn't really have to be anywhere near him actually... I ended up doing it by the audio cues after all my hours. The one that's ridiculously difficult is countering the bride's electric projectile because the timing is off from the other two.

Here, this has some counters you might be able to figure out the timing from.
Sorry it's not from the normal game, but the timing and mechanic are the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqGkgEW-eqE&list=PLjlD_1xIREjgew1YRtq_INWs9lX0gm3gb#t=918

so, no one has an opinion on dungeon of the endless, then?

this sucks :I

I thought it looked cool enough to buy, but like everything else, it's currently a +1 cause all I do is PAYDAY 2. :p

Annubis

The only bad thing about using the no spiders mod in System Shock 2 is that you can't complain when later it has the same spiders but they get to be invisible too.
Those ones are rage inducing.

Turfster

Block early and hold it. Like when the projectile still in front of Yaiba. If you hold block, worst case you might take a little splash damage, but you won't die.

Made it by uh... knocking one guy half off the map, so he couldn't fight back, killing him, ripping his mortar off, shooting the pile and then getting the hell out of there while the other one tried to hit me =p

Made it by uh... knocking one guy half off the map, so he couldn't fight back, killing him, ripping his mortar off, shooting the pile and then getting the hell out of there while the other one tried to hit me =p

glad you made it -- chapter 4 is where the shit hits the fan -- chapter 5 is where the difficulty spikes and chapter 6 is like a continuation of 4... the real Yaiba starts here. :)

--

http://preview.hitbox.tv/corrosivefrost

Streaming is online -- GeoWars3 at the moment... maybe some Battleblock with Ningen shortly.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

OMFG ... this convo is hilarious!! xD

(click img for the link to the whole thing)

I hope Corrosive approves of these games:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (outunderthestars, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Nights Into Dreams -- MB-E33BC7E35D05B0F8 - Taken by Shadownet. 8 entrants total.
Sonic & All -Stars Racing Transformed -- MB-B6B5C4BB9E2756D9 - Taken by Danielsan. 6 entrants total.
Fez -- MB-2341C1EA7F275EDC - Taken by LiQuid!. 1 entrants total.

t1417249613z1.png

Random question: I am new to the PC side of things, and just installing Origin. Seems a nice store and what not, but people seem to greatly dislike it. I'm interested in playing the Mass Effect Trilogy (please no comments about the third game) and see that it is on sale for $15 on Origin. Any reason why I shouldn't buy it?

Random question: I am new to the PC side of things, and just installing Origin. Seems a nice store and what not, but people seem to greatly dislike it. I'm interested in playing the Mass Effect Trilogy (please no comments about the third game) and see that it is on sale for $15 on Origin. Any reason why I shouldn't buy it?

Sure, because you can buy it cheaper at Amazon, for $13.49. ;)

Also activates on Origin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom