• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November II 2014 - Autumn Sale starts the 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.
More "fun" with Yaiba.

So I manage to start the game.
I get up to the section where you throw zombies at a helicopter.

Then the game crashes.

What the fuck...

Does anyone know the secret method for contacting Steam customer support? I want a refund and Tecmo/Koei's support page doesn't even exist.
If nothing else I'd like to be able to shoot them an email or something.

Anteater

More "fun" with Yaiba.

Then the game crashes.

What the fuck...

Does anyone know the secret method for contacting Steam customer support? I want a refund and Tecmo/Koei's support page doesn't even exist.

Have you tried adding the execute file to data execution prevention's whitelist? That usually solves most of my game crashing problems.

VpXOfAv.jpg

Tizoc

More "fun" with Yaiba.

Then the game crashes.

What the fuck...

No offense but must be a problem on your end, the game NEVER crashed for me >_>;

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
More "fun" with Yaiba.

Then the game crashes.

What the fuck...

https://support.steampowered.com/newticket.php

looks like it doesn't include Kasumi according to the description, unless it was just left out

*edit* just saw a list of what else is missing, no Lair of the Shadowbroker either

Yea, a lot of the DLC for ME2 and ME3 are still sold seperately outside of the trilogy pack unfortunately, and those Bioware points are never on sale. That's how they get ya!

Speaking of Bioware, I bought Jade Empire for Steam for $3.74 at Amazon. Always wanted to try it.

BigBoss

Random question: I am new to the PC side of things, and just installing Origin. Seems a nice store and what not, but people seem to greatly dislike it. I'm interested in playing the Mass Effect Trilogy (please no comments about the third game) and see that it is on sale for $15 on Origin. Any reason why I shouldn't buy it?

Just a heads up, the Mass Effect games on the PC don't have controller support.

zkylon

zkylewd
I thought it looked cool enough to buy, but like everything else, it's currently a +1 cause all I do is PAYDAY 2. :p
i seriously don't get how you can play that much payday 2

i found the constant start-overs really discouraging and generally didn't like the mission design outside of beta

i kinda wish i knew how to enjoy it

I remember. First two are among my fave fps.

Third one was so disappointing though.
i didn't hate 3, but i think it was a product of its time, it was early ps3/360 era and games were just made like that

i really wish they make a fourth one, and none of that horrible furious 4 or whatever garbage they were thinking about making

that was one of the most terrible reboots i've ever seen

I'm interested in this game as well and wonder what version I should get
but seems like no one tried it yet :/

denx

How hard are the alien encounters in Alien: Isolation? I tend to get really frustrated with game encounters where enemies stalk you and all you can do is run (and die + repeat till you get it right).

An alien encounter is an insta-kill. You have no way to fight them, so you just have to run and hide.

denx

looks like it doesn't include Kasumi according to the description, unless it was just left out

*edit* just saw a list of what else is missing, no Lair of the Shadowbroker either

None of the paid-for DLC for ME2 and ME3 is included, unfortunately.

Just roll with the first option on there, in my experience, DEP causes a lot of problems in general.

Thanks.
However, Yaiba won't allow me to turn off DEP.

Guess I'm SOL.

Right. This is what I tried to do earlier.
However, when I select the game and choose "crashes" under technical issues. I get railroaded to Tecmo/Koei's nonexistent support page.

EDIT: Opened a ticket. Will see how it goes.

I think I'll form the question as a problem with the Steam overlay, then complain about the game not working. At least I'll have my foot in the door.

Coreda

Reposting here in case anyone knows (assuming the game has a daily in the next sale):

Are daily deals in the Winter sale discounted more than the Autumn? There's a game that's 50% off as a daily but wasn't sure if it would be further reduced in the next sale.

Also kudos to those who contributed to the OP, was a good read.

so, no one has an opinion on dungeon of the endless, then?

this sucks :I

DotE is baller. Only problem is, the multiplayer is bugged as balls right now. You're lucky to get through the first level before the game kicks you.

But other than that, the game is rad as hell. Great gameplay, awesome soundtrack, gorgeous art. Easily in my top choices for GOTY.

zkylon

zkylewd
oh well at least both of them seem to be in full development mode

harvest moon on snes was the shit, i loved that game. i always found it heartbreaking, tho, that you housewife'd whoever you married. like my favorites were bar girl and gearhead girl and they looked like independent women with lives and passions and then suddenly they were home making me food wearing the same outfit as any other wife, it was depressing lol

more zkylon than zkylon
i don't know what this means -__-

DotE is baller. Only problem is, the multiplayer is bugged as balls right now. You're lucky to get through the first level before the game kicks you.

But other than that, the game is rad as hell. Great gameplay, awesome soundtrack, gorgeous art. Easily in my top choices for GOTY.
hmm, not really interested in multiplayer

not really wanting a roguelike either

i don't know what i want

http://steamcommunity.com/app/250760/discussions/0/616189742706483435/#c624076027657821228

Looks like Shovel Knight will not be seeing a discount during the Winter Sale either.
that's lame

shovel knight is goty contender, most people should be playing it

and i forgot who was the kind soul that gifted it to me but damn if there was a game that was just pure, simple bliss this year, it was shovel knight

http://steamcommunity.com/app/250760/discussions/0/616189742706483435/#c624076027657821228

Looks like Shovel Knight will not be seeing a discount during the Winter Sale either.

Looks like Shovel Knight will not be seeing my money any time soon then.

hmm, not really interested in multiplayer

not really wanting a roguelike either

i don't know what i want

If you're not looking for multiplayer, then it shouldn't be a problem. Single-player is still great.

And personally I'm not the biggest fan of roguelikes either, but I still enjoy it. It's hard to pin a specific genre on it. It's got your roguelike, as well as your tower defense, management/strategy, role playing, squad-based stuff in there too.

zkylon

zkylewd
Looks like Shovel Knight will not be seeing my money any time soon then.
i think shovel knight is worth the face pricetag, even if it's a bit short, but yeah, no harm in waiting, specially since they're planning on adding lots of new stuff that's missing from the kickstarter

the game's really good as is tho, reminded me of the joy of playing vvvvvv

If you're not looking for multiplayer, then it shouldn't be a problem. Single-player is still great.

And personally I'm not the biggest fan of roguelikes either, but I still enjoy it. It's hard to pin a specific genre on it. It's got your roguelike, as well as your tower defense, management/strategy, role playing, squad-based stuff in there too.
not sure what i'm looking for, i just really like its art and general vibe

not sure what i'm gonna do, fortunately i get an extra day to think

Up to level 3.2 (out of 4) in Rocket Knight 2010.

Oof.
It's okay I guess, but really uninspired.

Better off sticking with the 16-bit games.

Will finish it up tomorrow and write a full-review.

autoduelist

Depressurizer, since I started using it back at the 0.4 release timeframe, has never depended on Steam's categorization (where everything is apparently an action game). Unless you mean that depressurizer is forced to use the categories function of the Steam client... in which case, how the hell can that be a complaint against Depressurizer? :lol

Wait, what? I read that it had an auto-sort function that relied on Steam's categorization of games. Are you saying that isn't the metadata it uses to auto-sort? What data does it use for it then?

And, no, I did not mean your second interpretation. I am specifically talking about auto-sorting games into categories.

Battle Block Theater is amazing

Yes, it gets quite frustratingly hard for me at some point though.

Hello Steam folk! My new PC arrived and I'm set up on Steam, which didn't exist the last time I played games on PC. So, any advice is appeciated.

KenOD has covered already pretty much everything, only thing he has maybe fogotten to mention is that Winter sale is going to start in less than a month for now with lots of deals every day
too bad community choices are disappointing the most of the times

Tellaerin

Just looked at that.

If Shovel Knight just isn't yet at your personal value vs price point for you, I recommend taking a look at the seemingly limitless variety of discounted games available during the sale!

Fair enough. I'm sure there are other games I can occupy myself with while I wait for the price to drop...

Battle Block Theater is amazing

...oh, look, there's one now! (I played a couple of hours of BBT earlier, and yeah, it's pretty awesome.)

Knurek

Everytime I see Europa Universalis 4 on sale, I can't help but think of the "It's a trap!" Star Wars line.
You simply don't buy Paradox developed games, unless you want to spend upwards of $100 on DLC expansions (as I did with CK2). Wait for the EU4 dev cycle to finish, snap up the complete pack for <$10 a few years down the line (like I did with Vicky2 and HoI3 recently).
It's not like you're gonna play these games either way, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom