• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November II 2014 - Autumn Sale starts the 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volimar

If I wanted to see her naked. I wouldn't need to sit through an hour and 30 mins movie.

It was quite fun to see her being vulnerable one moment and then kicking everyone ass (not unlike her portrayal of the Black Widow). Plus Morgan Freeman is always a pleasure to watch.

If it was just a sci fi movie about boosting brain power, I'd be in. But every time the commercial came on spouting the old myth about humans not using much of their brain, it just turned me off more and more.

wilflare

Well without trying either I don't really know. Though In Home Stream with work with any Steam game (obviously) and non -Steam games too!. Whereas GameStream in limited to these titles.

http://shield.nvidia.com/pc-game-list/

I also think you can only stream 1280x720 over wifi on GameStream where as I've gone to crazy numbers (with mixed results) on IHS.A decent Intel Bay Trail equipped CPU Windows tablet with 2gb or more ram and a HDMI out would be perfect to stream and hook up to the TV.

Something like a Dell Venue Pro 8 http://www.dell.com/uk/p/dell-venue-8-pro/pd

Lenovo ThinkPad 8 http://shop.lenovo.com/gb/en/tablets/thinkpad/thinkpad-8/

Or an Asus VivoTab Note 8 (not HDMI sadly but does have an active digitizer) http://www.asus.com/uk/Tablets/ASUS_VivoTab_Note_8_M80TA/

Though pricing might be a bit higher than you're expecting.

that's indeed quite a limited list :( haha seems like I overhyped myself.. was kinda looking forward to a nVidia Shield.. maybe not for now.

when there's no HDMI out.. how do we connect to the TV (referring to the VivoTab) memopad is Android right?

kinda considered the Surface Pro but the price... lol. but connecting the DS4 to Windows 8.1 tablets seem easier than the Shield.

Shadownet

Banned
If it was just a sci fi movie about boosting brain power, I'd be in. But every time the commercial came on spouting the old myth about humans not using much of their brain, it just turned me off more and more.

Movies like that gotta have some gimmick to draw the audience in. I don't think most people would go see a movie with the tag line "what happen when you consume an excess amount of highly experimental drug?"

But "What if you can use 100% of your brain?"

I know it might not be scientifically correct. But movies like this is when you just have to ironically turn off your brain and enjoy the ride.

Also anyone here have a Surface Pro 3? Those commercials are making me wish I have one. But damn $1000...

Phinor

i thought this would never happen to me, but it finally did. i bought a game i already owned :p
Well, seeing the nature of it(a key from GMG), i'm giving it away here. I doubt i could manage to refund it.

Goddammit. I just did the exact same, with the same game. Well here's my second copy then:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Phinor, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

A Story About My Uncle -- MB-F097EF59B8CCC211 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 12 entrants total.

t1417259214z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of SinineSiil, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (SinineSiil, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Marvellous Miss Take -- MB-7A41621E16D1B31D - Taken by spindoctor. 71 entrants total.

t1417301512z1.png

Dr Dogg

that's indeed quite a limited list :( haha seems like I overhyped myself.. was kinda looking forward to a nVidia Shield.. maybe not for now.

when there's no HDMI out.. how do we connect to the TV (referring to the VivoTab) memopad is Android right?

kinda considered the Surface Pro but the price... lol. but connecting the DS4 to Windows 8.1 tablets seem easier than the Shield.

Well the thing is the SHIELD is one of the few devices advertising streaming and it will get a cloud streaming service later on I think. But In Home Streaming was brilliant the moment it came out and I don't think there really is an answer or competitor to it.

No idea how you'd get the picture to a TV when a HDMI (or any video for that matter) output isn't available without having to stream it again from the table which is going to be another weak link in the latency chain.

I picked up a 1st run Surface Pro for in and around £400 (with a few discounts vouchers here and there) and pretty much anything you can connect to your regular PC works exactly the same. Should be the same with other Windows tablets and most have Bluetooth. Only limiting factor is the lack of USB ports but pretty much everything on the market has the problem so you need to take advantage of the connectivity options available (or USB hubs if the devices don't need that much power).

derExperte

There are no plans quite yet for Shovel Knight to make a discounted appearance during this holiday season.

no plans quite yet

Maybe my English is failing me but that sounds like there's still a chance for the winter sale.

No offense but must be a problem on your end, the game NEVER crashed for me >_>;

Look in the Steam forum and read some negative reviews. Crashes aren't uncommon.

Also, I am disappoint, GAF
Why did nobody tell me you should leave at least 25% of your SSD space free for optimal read/write speeds?
I've been doing it wrong for the last year...

25% is way too much, that would be 250GB. :O Maybe this was true years ago when the controllers were rubbish, nowadays not so much. Samsung Magician has an 'Overprovisioning' option that recommends 10% and we know manufacturers always play it safe (they also want to sell more drives) so yeah, 25% is totally unnecessary.

"Do you know that script writers only use 10 percent of their brain power?"

zkylon

zkylewd
gonna go to sleep before i get mad at valkyria

chapter 14 is so hype and so very frustrating at the same time

jawmuncher share your strats with me

Chariot

Best thing are the people who believe that as fact. Its like with Dan Brown movies, they somehow don't get the difference between entertainment and documentary.

"Did you know the average running speed of a human being is 3 miles per hour?"
"What happens when she hits 30 mph?"
"...We don't know."

wilflare

Well the thing is the SHIELD is one of the few devices advertising streaming and it will get a cloud streaming service later on I think. But In Home Streaming was brilliant the moment it came out and I don't think there really is an answer or competitor to it.

No idea how you'd get the picture to a TV when a HDMI (or any video for that matter) output isn't available without having to stream it again from the table which is going to be another weak link in the latency chain.

I picked up a 1st run Surface Pro for in and around £400 (with a few discounts vouchers here and there) and pretty much anything you can connect to your regular PC works exactly the same. Should be the same with other Windows tablets and most have Bluetooth. Only limiting factor is the lack of USB ports but pretty much everything on the market has the problem so you need to take advantage of the connectivity options available (or USB hubs if the devices don't need that much power).

guess I'll really just put the Shield aside. haha. shall see if I can still get a good Win8.1 tablet.

thanks so much for all the information! really appreciate it!

Dr Dogg

5% in the case of JJ Abrams

My Ningen!

"Did you know the average running speed of a human being is 3 miles per hour?"
"What happens when she hits 30 mph?"
"...We don't know."

With concrete shoes on. I think my average walking speed is about 4. My local pub is 2 miles from my front door takes me half an hour there, granted takes me about 45 mins to an hours on the way back.

guess I'll really just put the Shield aside. haha. shall see if I can still get a good Win8.1 tablet.

thanks so much for all the information! really appreciate it!

No probs. The IHS thread here is packed to the gills with info, different hardware on both ends and a few tablet users as well that will have a lot more useful info than I can give alone.

Arthea

for some weird reason I can't have anything done during sales, I can't even normally play games, I rummage through sites and deals and contemplate buying games I shouldn't be buying, because Xmas is soon and I already spent insane amounts of money.
gosh, I so dislike autumn sales, so deeply!

edited: new StarTrek movies suck, both, plain and simple!

Dr Dogg

for some weird reason I can't have anything done during sales, I can't even normally play games, I rummage through sites and deals and contemplate buying games I shouldn't be buying, because Xmas is soon and I already spent insane amounts of money.
gosh, I so dislike autumn sales, so deeply!

The dilemma I face all year round. Also and I'm still doing the FFXIII-2 recommendation for next months OT? Cobbled something together last night just in case.

Dr Dogg

Useless factoid but on this page (at time of counting) there are a total of 29 different posters with 16 having their avatar point to the left, 7 to the right, 4 central and 2 no avatar at all.

And if the JJ Star Trek films have brought us anything it's the hilariously bad tie in game. Although less funny now some of the bugs have been stamped out.

Nzyme32

Sorta OT, but this is too cool not to mention, Super Wolfenstein 3D, it's a "realistic" take on Wolf 3D with some really dumb physics.

http://gamejolt.com/games/shooter/super-wolfenstein-hd-now-with-realistic-physics/39194/

MixedSpotlessBluefish.gif

That looks surprisingly entertaining!

Hey guys, how about all those good Star Trek games?

5eDzy.gif

I'm not aware of any good star trek games. But the TNG series has some of the best episodes I've seen in any TV series, mostly thanks to patrick stewart

Dr Dogg

oh sorry, I already submitted it!
you should have told me faster, you know ;)

Hahaha I did, well sort of. No problems, I can't hog all the Lightning Trilogy fun plus it's always nice to have a good spread of GAFfers recommending games in the OP than from only a small handful.

Playing Sonic Adventure DX after all these years (I owned the original Dreamcast version) and it didn't age well, the camera is horrible and for some reason the physics goes bonkers mostly of the time I don't remember it being this bad back in the day but maybe it's the nostalgia goggles, at least the music still is good and I have the caos garden.

Playing Sonic Adventure DX after all these years (I owned the original Dreamcast version) and it didn't age well, the camera is horrible and for some reason the physics goes bonkers mostly of the time I don't remember it being this bad back in the day but maybe it's the nostalgia goggles, at least the music still is good and I have the caos garden.
Its why I refuse to replay adventure 1 and 2. Im sure they aged terribly but boy when I played them on the gamecube they were good (especially 2, that one was freaking awesome)

ViviOggi

Its why I refuse to replay adventure 1 and 2. Im sure they aged terribly but boy when I played them on the gamecube they were good (especially 2, that one was freaking awesome)
Yeah I was super into 2 Battle back in the day but when I replayed it on PC some years ago I bailed the fuck out the second I reached Pumpkin Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom