• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November II 2014 - Autumn Sale starts the 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

Hey guys, how about all those good Star Trek games?

5eDzy.gif

Birth of the Federation was great too. RIP Micropose.

Arthea

Book of Unwritten Tales 2 £4.55 http://savygamer.co.uk/2014/11/29/the-book-of-unwritten-tales-2-pcmaclinux-4-55/

That shop (could be shady, don't know) also has Might & Magic X Deluxe for $5.99 (minus coupon).

SteamGAF has been like this for the last couple of days. That said Voyager got some legit great episodes in later seasons but almost everyone gave up by then.

it's the same store as MAC store, it's legit, just bought it, an EA game... what sales do to me!

ya, steamgaf got contrary virus lately (><)

Tizoc

it's the same store as MAC store, it's legit, just bought it, an EA game... what sales do to me!

ya, steamgaf got contrary virus lately (><)

Cool thanks, mind you I got the EA Strider game that corrosive was talking about from a few months back too recently. Don't see a problem with EA games...although the case of the dev DELIVERING on the game is always up in the air :p

dex3108

After few days of thinking i decided to skip Titanfall for 5$. I don't need game that i will play for month and then wait for 10-15 minutes to play match. Also their Story component and whole Titan unlocking system is simply bad because finding Story match is difficult as far as i know. I got CS:GO with better community and bright future.

XShagrath

how have you bought it? it doesn't even let me to add it to the cart, not for your region or something, even if there is no word about it being locked on the store page.
Some of their items can only be purchased originating from Brazilian ip's. You can find a proxy on google easy enough. Just change your paypal password prior to activating the proxy, go to nuuvem and purchase your items with paypal, then leave the proxy and change your paypal pass back. I had no problems picking up Pre-Sequel this way a few months back.

After few days of thinking i decided to skip Titanfall for 5$. I don't need game that i will play for month and then wait for 10-15 minutes to play match. Also their Story component and whole Titan unlocking system is simply bad because finding Story match is difficult as far as i know. I got CS:GO with better community and bright future.
Titanfall feels like a full game with SP stripped to meet launch window(pressure of being an exclusive), but the pricing didn't change to match the content.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Wait they are forcing Fnatic to replay yesterdays round against LDLC because of the boost? I'm watching the replay from yesterday now and that just seem like taking the side of a poor loser.

Yeah I was super into 2 Battle back in the day but when I replayed it on PC some years ago I bailed the fuck out the second I reached Pumpkin Hill
Ahhh the song for that stage!! I remember when I first got a computer and found out about YouTube I'd constantly listen to the adventure 2 soundtrack. Such fond memories, I wouldn't dare replay the game and ruin it.
how have you bought it? it doesn't even let me to add it to the cart, not for your region or something, even if there is no word about it being locked on the store page.
As soon as I went to that site hola wanted to change it to a Brazilian VPN so I just let it do its thing then bought batman origins with paypal for my bro. Had no problem activating it on his account. It actually registered as a pre purchase key too but Idk if that game has any pre order bonuses or something

dex3108

Titanfall feels like a full game with SP stripped to meet launch window(pressure of being an exclusive), but the pricing didn't change to match the content.

Locking Titans behind Story Mode is bad decision. That say a lot about Respawn/MS. That decision is not future proof and add DLC maps and you have really fragmented community. I am glad that Evolve won't feature payed maps at least.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
So my 360 controller just died, and I'm looking for a replacement, wireless if possible.
What are my best options?

What? So both teams cheated at Dreamhack? Haha, oh my god. Fifa should take over CS:GO as soon as they loose football.

Wait what? Forget the FIFA, this is a job for the UCI.

wilflare

My Ningen!

With concrete shoes on. I think my average walking speed is about 4. My local pub is 2 miles from my front door takes me half an hour there, granted takes me about 45 mins to an hours on the way back.

No probs. The IHS thread here is packed to the gills with info, different hardware on both ends and a few tablet users as well that will have a lot more useful info than I can give alone.

thanks man - it's this thread right?
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=751832

Jørdan

I'm waiting for it to go for 50% or lower :p

Another with refined taste appears, fingers crossed!

i really wish someone made a harvest moon-like game for pc

A farming sim along those lines is my most wanted game release, really been in the mood for months now and Stardew Valley is a ways out yet and may not be everything I'm looking for. Disappointing that there isn't much released on PC closer to Sim Farm/Harvest Moon rather than the multitude of Farming Sims/Farmvilles.

Age of Empires 2 HD or Age of Empires 3?

If you're looking to buy you should be able to find the Age of Empires collection containing both games and DLC from traders for a similar if not cheaper price to what you'd pay for one of them at the Steam Store - assuming your local store isn't RU/BR etc.

Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force.

Haven't played the original yet, ST:EF II is fucking amazing though. Spent the first twenty minutes giggling as Tuvok was instructing the tutorial. I rarely geek out with ST but this was an exception due to the quality and immersion. I grinned so much while playing my face ached.

Volimar

Hey guys, how about all those good Star Trek games?

5eDzy.gif

Star Trek Legacy was fun. Only ship to ship combat, manage a "fleet" of up to four ships featuring most of the best ship types. Too bad the MP was dead on arrival.

The space combat in Star Trek Online is fun too. But the ground combat is still awful.

How well does that work on PC? I remember reading that the drivers were less then perfect, but that was 3 months or so ago (which might as well be a decade ago on the internet)
Works great. Just download a program called ds4windows and your PC will read it as a 360 controller so you won't have any issues with compatibility + you can use the trackpad as... A track pad :p although 1 negative is that for me the program refuses to start up by itself on boot up but I seem to be the only 1 with that issue as I can't find anyone else with it on the internet + my bro doesn't have that problem either.

Jawmuncher

How well does that work on PC? I remember reading that the drivers were less then perfect, but that was 3 months or so ago (which might as well be a decade ago on the internet)

Pretty great actually. I have had no issues.
However that's wired. For wireless it's still either the xbox 360 with adapter or the logitech.

derExperte

However that's wired. For wireless it's still either the xbox 360 with adapter or the logitech.

DS4 works wireless due to bluetooth.

I still much prefer the X1 pad so I use that with a cable (and am slowly losing hope for a wireless receiver).

I loved the Star Trek graphic adventures, specially the 25th anniversary ;__;

They definitely had an interesting approach, in that you could complete puzzles several different ways but there was one "best" way that gave the most points at the end.

Also, 25th Anniversary had a level whereby the redshirt on your away team could die, so points for accuracy.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

The wireless one doesn't work on PC?
Edit: Okay, I have a Blutooth adapter, so it should work.
Does that thing use batteries or do I need a charging station as well?

Durante

I use a DS3 on PC with Bluetooth and I feel like the charge doesn't last as long as when I use it with a PS3.

Of course, it might just be that I subconsciously play longer on PC since it's so much better :p

Dr Dogg

So I've kind of convinced myself to go reinstall the Mass Effect Trilogy and the first two Dragon Age's again and tempted to go grab the remaining bits and bobs of DLC I want but are now easier to grab and manage through Origin (who would have thought it would be helpful) until...
Urgh I completely forgot about this pain in the arse. Right so seeing as I can't purchase an arbitrary amount of Disney Dollars I've got to work out what I want and how much it's going to cost on the BioWare Points scale. So adding up everything I still don't own comes to 9040 BP which as you can see is not feasible unless I want to come up short or have BP 'change' left over (and who knows if they'll ever use them again). Even not buying some of the smaller weapons and guff packs doesn't round the figure off, only way it evens out is if I ignore the two Genesis catch ME comics but I kinda want them.

Then suddenly I realise I'm caught in this trap where I don't quite know what I'm actually spending in real money now with this fake currency. So how much does 9040 BioWare points actually cost (well 9200 as that's the closest I can get it to)? £69! Sixty Nine Great British Pounds! On DLC, some of it not very good. So I've kind of unconvinced myself now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom