• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November II 2014 - Autumn Sale starts the 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.
so i decide to see what inside the geometry wars 3 folder in steam version
E:program Files (x86)SteamSteamAppscommonGeometry Wars 3 - DimensionsWindows

and found only 1 file
gw.wad
almost the same size of the game , 224 mb

.wad file ? isn't that for wii games ?
751.jpg

GaussTek

E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Geometry Wars 3 - Dimensions\Windows

and found only 1 file
gw.wad

In general, it's just a game archive:
http://filext.com/file-extension/WAD

The WAD file extension is often used for game archives. These are usually packages containing levels, graphics and other game data, and the term WAD is often used to refer to modified versions of these files. WAD stands for Where's All the Data? and the term generally started with the Doom series of games.

Turfster

... please, stahp.

If you're making a game, you can call files whatever the fuck you want.
There is no holy grail causality of "oh this has these 3 letters so it must be X"

Sajjaja

E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Geometry Wars 3 - Dimensions\Windows

and found only 1 file
gw.wad

Somebody homebrews.

chronomac

So thanks to everyone that recommended Shadow of Mordor. What a fantastic game. I've played about 3 1/2 hours or so and had a lot of fun. Last night I went about 2 hours without dying, even completing the mission where you're asked to kill 50 orcs (and I did the bonus objective of a 100-hit combo). Then I was wondering around the land and got jumped by caragor, out of nowhere. Dead pretty instantly. I wasn't even mad. The way that game handles death is pretty interesting, promoting captains up the ranks. It feels like a meaningful consequence of playing sloppy.

Vamphuntr

Ugh how do you get DR3 to not run like shit? I have a gtx 970 and an i4790k w/ 16Gb of ram and it doesn't run well at all. It also crashes when I try to join games.

Guys, I'm thinking of getting that South Park game (with that Lara Croft deal) since I've heard it's good, but I've never seen South Park. Will I still enjoy it, or do I need to be a fan of the show?.

I feel like you'd have a greater appreciation if you were a fan of south park but its not particularly necessary. You might need an appreciation for south park humor to really enjoy it though

Actually South Park isnt that great of a game. The battlesystem is totally easy (just use bleed on everyone) and I somehow think if you watch all the cutscenes somewhere, you get almost the same experience as playing it.

Actually South Park isnt that great of a game. The battlesystem is totally easy (just use bleed on everyone) and I somehow think if you watch all the cutscenes somewhere, you get almost the same experience as playing it.

It is a good game to scratch that "paper mario battle system" itch though

Colin.

Does anybody know how the recent changes that Steam made to gift trading affects 4-packs and such? I know you have to pay first, then have it gifted to you directly. But once you redeem it to your account, are the other giftable copies okay to trade, and unaffected by the 30 day wait period?

madjoki

Does anybody know how the recent changes that Steam made to gift trading affects 4-packs and such? I know you have to pay first, then have it gifted to you directly. But once you redeem it to your account, are the other giftable copies okay to trade, and unaffected by the 30 day wait period?

Gifts from 4-pack have 30 days wait time from time 4-pack is opened.

Chariot

I was in panic and choose something I already had :D
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Chariot, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

iBomber Defense -- MB-66A906C9F08E7EA4 - Taken by Milamber

Ventara

I don't buy games if I don't plan on playing them within a month tops. I have a huge backlog(of games that I actually want to play, not the random ones I got from bundles) as it is. Only time I make an exception is for pricing errors.

I'm thinking I should do that, too. Just completely stop buying digital games unless I'll play it immediately or finish my backlog (lol). I have enough amazing games to last me a few years.

Nah. I like to let the backlog grow so I can surprise myself in a few months time with something I forgot I had.

lol, that's one way to do it.

I feel like you'd have a greater appreciation if you were a fan of south park but its not particularly necessary. You might need an appreciation for south park humor to really enjoy it though

Thanks for the comments, guys. I guess I'll pass on it for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom