• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November II 2014 - Autumn Sale starts the 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
FcF3Xa4.png

I got nothing

MQX

The story is nice, but the game is a kinetic novel, which means you dont have any decision in the whole game.

It boils down to: do you have a heart? Are you vulnerable to FEELS? Because planetarian has way too much of that and it's not for those who get easily sad and cry and such. It's one of the best VNs around but, damn, those FEELS. Recommended indeed.

haven't played it myself but it's generally regarded as one of the better VNs yes

Welp. I guess I'm going to buy this game.
Or should I wait for the flash deal? :/
. Thanks for answering my question guys :p. Hopefully my heart is prepared for the FEELS ;p.
Yeah. I'm pretty much vulnerable to FEELS ;P

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
3CtTD1Y.png

Interestingly enough, this one "reloaded" my inventory
but I still got nothing.

Monooboe

Hmh "Goo" and "Barrels" doesn't sound very wintery or xmas:y, more like Halloween. But oh how I will craft badges and get covered in goo... no wait

Edit: right, top of the page. *hides*

Mitsurugi Kanae
The Evil Within
SM's Civ 5 complete
defy gravity extended
Age of mythology

All for 23.89$ (1074.50php)

Being a civ 5 fan alone, this seems enough for now.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Krusenstern, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Krusenstern, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut #2 -- MB-2A09D9855F185FEB - Taken by Jadax. 15 entrants total.
Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut -- MB-E58CAAD4346B5B5E - Taken by Shalashaska. 20 entrants total.

t1417039064z1.png

jshackles

Did you lose anything?

Nope. Technically speaking, it's just sending POST commands to the /ajaxexchangegoo/ which is returning a success code that's kicking off the relevant javascript. Without knowing what the /ajaxexchangegoo/ code looks like on the back end, there's no telling what (if anything) this is actually doing.

For now, it appears to be doing nothing.

Amzin

Ordered Temple of Osiris + South Park from that Ubi sale. South Park had a Steam key in the email, Osiris is saying it will install over Uplay. May send out a key after launch? Dunno.

jshackles

Ordered Temple of Osiris + South Park from that Ubi sale. South Park had a Steam key in the email, Osiris is saying it will install over Uplay. May send out a key after launch? Dunno.

Yeah, it's just like pre-ordering from any site like GMG. You'll be able to get your Steam key once the game is released, possibly a few days beforehand.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Empire -- MB-02F27BF573562BE9 - Taken by madjoki
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed -- MB-3F895E65E8F0C04C - Taken by Hero Prinny

GaussTek

Guys, I'm about to buy The Evil Within.

Just wondering, and yes I know this is just speculation, but it's highly unlikely for it to go lower during the Winter Sale, right?

Chariot

Speaking of Beyond Earth... Did it ever get a balance update or a fix for the fullscreen 1080p 120/144hz monitor bug?
No patch yet, but its coming :

We’d like to thank all our fans for the feedback and reports they have been posting and sending in. The team has been working hard on bug fixing and balancing, and as you’ll see in the change list below, we’re close to locking down this patch. We’ll share more specifics for the gameplay changes shortly while the build is making its way through the approval process.

-Firaxis Games

[GAMEPLAY]
• Implementing additional bug fixes for quests.
• Implementing modified quest rewards based on game speed and which turn they were received in.
• Revisiting difficulty level scaling. Increasing difficulty when playing on Apollo.
• Implementing balance pass on Health system (penalties, bonuses).
• Adjusting certain Virtues for balance.
• Implementing overall unit balance pass (strength, production and strategic resource cost, affinity level requirements, location on tech web).
• Implementing leader/sponsor trait balance pass (Kozlov, Barre, Rejinaldo, and Elodie), as well as some seeded start option adjustments.
• Implementing Covert Ops updates and exploit fixes.
• Implementing Trade Route balance and adjustments, including simpler UI.
• Implementing gameplay bug fixes as reported in the community (Quests, etc.).
• Implementing general AI improvements.
• Adjusting Affinity reward ramping when earning Affinity from Quests.
• Adjusting Station distribution, and arrival timing.
• Improving AI, including energy management, tactical management, tech and victory approaches, etc.

[ENGINE]
• Fixing a memory leak that could potentially crash the game (mostly affected MP)
• Correcting screen resolution problems, particularly related to the 144hz refresh rate full-screen (or lack of full-screen) issue.
• Investigating a start-up problem where the game shuts down with an error immediately following the opening movie.
• Investigating crash issues submitted by users, and through Steam crash reporting.
• Adding an in-game option to disable depth of field effect for players that prefer the game without this.

[UI]
• Ongoing updates to in-game text, tool-tips, etc.
• Correcting an issue where actions could be missing from embarked workers (like repairing a pillaged water improvement)
• Adding "Completed" section to city production menu so players know what they just finished.
• Adding advanced touch controls, gesture support, pen support.
• Adding color icons to the tech web (categorized) with an option to disable.
• Better inform players of approaching AI victory, and updated victory/defeat screen with additional information.

[ACHIEVEMENTS]
• Achievements not firing if Max Turns was set in previous games. Also investigating some other possible causes.

[MODDING]
• Fixing quest mod support.
• Fixing 2D leader fall-back image support for all graphics quality settings.

[MULTIPLAYER]
• Fixing an issue that led to disconnects in cases of content mismatch.
• Fixing an issue that was causing available/researched technologies after a re-sync.
• Correcting multiple desyncs.
• Ongoing multiplayer improvements.
• Increasing geographic range of server browser distance filter.

Nzyme32

Speaking of Beyond Earth... Did it ever get a balance update or a fix for the fullscreen 1080p 120/144hz monitor bug?

Literally happened moments ago:

Beyond Earth's upcoming patch is almost ready
We’d like to thank all our fans for the feedback and reports they have been posting and sending in. The team has been working hard on bug fixing and balancing, and as you’ll see in the change list below, we’re close to locking down this patch. We’ll share more specifics for the gameplay changes shortly while the build is making its way through the approval process.

-Firaxis Games

[GAMEPLAY]
• Implementing additional bug fixes for quests.
• Implementing modified quest rewards based on game speed and which turn they were received in.
• Revisiting difficulty level scaling. Increasing difficulty when playing on Apollo.
• Implementing balance pass on Health system (penalties, bonuses).
• Adjusting certain Virtues for balance.
• Implementing overall unit balance pass (strength, production and strategic resource cost, affinity level requirements, location on tech web).
• Implementing leader/sponsor trait balance pass (Kozlov, Barre, Rejinaldo, and Elodie), as well as some seeded start option adjustments.
• Implementing Covert Ops updates and exploit fixes.
• Implementing Trade Route balance and adjustments, including simpler UI.
• Implementing gameplay bug fixes as reported in the community (Quests, etc.).
• Implementing general AI improvements.
• Adjusting Affinity reward ramping when earning Affinity from Quests.
• Adjusting Station distribution, and arrival timing.
• Improving AI, including energy management, tactical management, tech and victory approaches, etc.

[ENGINE]
• Fixing a memory leak that could potentially crash the game (mostly affected MP)
• Correcting screen resolution problems, particularly related to the 144hz refresh rate full-screen (or lack of full-screen) issue.
• Investigating a start-up problem where the game shuts down with an error immediately following the opening movie.
• Investigating crash issues submitted by users, and through Steam crash reporting.
• Adding an in-game option to disable depth of field effect for players that prefer the game without this.

[UI]
• Ongoing updates to in-game text, tool-tips, etc.
• Correcting an issue where actions could be missing from embarked workers (like repairing a pillaged water improvement)
• Adding "Completed" section to city production menu so players know what they just finished.
• Adding advanced touch controls, gesture support, pen support.
• Adding color icons to the tech web (categorized) with an option to disable.
• Better inform players of approaching AI victory, and updated victory/defeat screen with additional information.

[ACHIEVEMENTS]
• Achievements not firing if Max Turns was set in previous games. Also investigating some other possible causes.

[MODDING]
• Fixing quest mod support.
• Fixing 2D leader fall-back image support for all graphics quality settings.

[MULTIPLAYER]
• Fixing an issue that led to disconnects in cases of content mismatch.
• Fixing an issue that was causing available/researched technologies after a re-sync.
• Correcting multiple desyncs.
• Ongoing multiplayer improvements.
• Increasing geographic range of server browser distance filter.

Edit - CHARIOT *shakes fist

OOOH PvZ GW actually got cheaper today + i figured out how to do the vpn thing, i was missing a step :p good thing it didn't work for me yesterday. maybe DA will get cheaper too, if so I'll pick them up as well.

Strider

OOOH PvZ GW actually got cheaper today + i figured out how to do the vpn thing, i was missing a step :p good thing it didn't work for me yesterday. maybe DA will get cheaper too, if so I'll pick them up as well.

How much did you pay for PvZ: GW? I wouldn't mind double dipping for the PC version if the price is right...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom