• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November II 2014 - Autumn Sale starts the 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozium

Gotta love when devs make these kind of decisions with no prior announcement or anything. BSing at its finest.

it usually says in the EA banner if the price is going to be raised or not

edit: the mystery game from the groupees be mine will be unveiled friday

Chariot

Disgusting. Is there a blacklist with shitty behaviour? It's pretty easy to remember with big companies, but Indie are too many to remember :(

Pudge

Yep, about 4 hours ago they set up a "Pricing roadmap" whereas today the price increased from $29.99 to $34.99 (and then the game was put on sale for $29.74).

Kinda shady that Early Access developers are taking advantage of people like this.

Really? Did they add anything to that game to justify raising the price? Even now all I see whenever someone plays that game is aimless wandering around a barren landscape and maybe one zombie.

I'm obviously not the audience for that game, but it just seems crazy to me.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just because I've been burned on this before (oh yeah, Arkham uses Steamworks! Did we forget to mention it uses GFWL simultaneously with it? oops!) when they say it uses Steamworks, does it ONLY use Steamworks?

There are certain types of Steamworks integration - with Lara Croft they're doing basically everything with Steamworks (achievements, cloud saves, matchmaking, leaderboards, etc) meaning that I'd say there's a 99.99% chance you're getting a Steam key regardless of where you buy it on PC.

The 0.01% chance represents the off-chance that they decide to make a completely separate version of the game that uses some other matchmaking service and leaderboards, thus segmenting the players even further. I'd like to think that Square Enix and Eidos both know that attempting something like that would be suicide.

If it makes you feel any better, I bought it from Uplay. It's the first time I've spent money directly on Uplay, and it made me feel dirty.

Really? Did they add anything to that game to justify raising the price? Even now all I see whenever someone plays that game is aimless wandering around a barren landscape and maybe one zombie.

I'm obviously not the audience for that game, but it just seems crazy to me.

Nothing at all. Although in "Q1 2015" they promise:

· Basic vehicles
· Advanced loot distribution
· New renderer
· New Zombie AI
· Basic stealth system (zombies and animals)
· Diseases

So I guess that's something.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Goat Simulator -- MB-363EE2D9A262560F - Taken by Xeroblade. 14 entrants total.

t1417042304z1.png

Pudge

Nothing at all. Although in "Q1 2015" they promise:

· Basic vehicles
· Advanced loot distribution
· New renderer
· New Zombie AI
· Basic stealth system (zombies and animals)
· Diseases

So I guess that's something.

Oh good. Another thing to slow down and impede basic gameplay.

I will never understand that genre.

Ozium

Just noticed that Ilamentia came out yesterday on Steam.. it was in some greenlight bundles and I just redeemed my key from the Groupees Be Mine 12.

derExperte

The activity feed during sales is always lovely. Shitty games that are off 80% everywhere.

I also see a serious lack of waiting for the dailies.

Just noticed that Ilamentia came out yesterday on Steam.. it was in some greenlight bundles and I just redeemed my key from the Groupees Be Mine 12.

Would've missed this, thx.

He, I played the demo or alpha or something and it was neat until I got frustrated in one room and ragequit.

Tizoc

So GAF, dare I bite on Ubi's BOGO:
Get TALES from the Borderlands+Watch dogies for $24.99?

Does Borderlands 1 still hold BTW?

Ruruja

It's ok I know you want this just to sell the trading cards.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ruruja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Vanguard Princess -- MB-81EEADB9A6FDFA47 - Taken by Toshin

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So GAF, dare I bite on Ubi's BOGO:
Get TALES from the Borderlands+Watch dogies for $24.99?

Does Borderlands 1 still hold BTW?

A pretty good deal, but since we're in the Steam thread I figure I'll point out that neither of those games comes with Steam keys (Tales from the Borderlands = Telltale key, Watch_Dogs = Uplay)

I think it's a little early for DayZ to start increasing in price, it's made some pretty big strides this last year but it's still broken in a lot of ways, I think once they get their netcode and framerate fixed they can start increasing the price.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member

Sharkiller

DayZ devs also increased their price for the sale:

KAw40do.jpg
Funny that they specifically said
Along with the remaining updates this year you can expect a new price point for DayZ, a slight increase to 27.99 EUR/34.99 USD. This is part of a gradual price change as we progress with the development and reach the goals that we along with your help set for the project. We would like to avoid a sudden increase in price once we hit 1.0. Don`t be discouraged by this increase however, the current price of 23.99 EUR/29.99 USD will still be available during the Steam fall sale. If you want to jump into DayZ, now is a good time.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/221100/announcements/detail/145568567581412212

MUnited83

For you.
not as awful as skyrim a few years back. It was 30 euros as a base price 1 week before the sales. Then they upped the base price to 50 euros and put it on"sale" for 33 euros :lol:

Tellaerin

Ozium brought it to my attention that keys for Ilamentia are up on Groupees now (Be Mine 12). Thanks for the heads up, man. : )

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tellaerin, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ilamentia -- MB-1AD2FC369946E7CA - Taken by lashman. 3 entrants total.

t1417044404z1.png

DocSeuss

Very annoyed that I can't get Dream Machine pts 1 and 2 in my collection from that Joystiq Humble. :(

OH WELL

HAVE SOME GAMES

ModBot said:
I am giving away 29 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (DocSeuss, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Banner Saga -- MB-C1AE37F00E2D946B - Taken by user237. 22 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Murdered: Soul Suspect -- MB-BFDE3DD4C7FF7131 - Taken by Blak_Status. 30 entrants total.
Foreign Legion: Multi Massacre -- MB-D47D247153A3B4C8
Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space -- MB-D7CAA119149E0576
Dreamcast Collection -- MB-FE514E6177E52EA9 - Taken by salazar547. 2 entrants total.
Book of Unwritten Tales Digital Deluxe -- MB-21110AF0EEDCD60A - Taken by The Reloader. 1 entrants total.
Empire: Total War -- MB-D05A9B65CED48C28 - Taken by WavekSra. 2 entrants total.
Call of Juarez -- MB-674ABB852C5EE49C - Taken by Madn. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Disciples III: Gold Edition -- MB-17AFD6959A197250 - Taken by agniswarm. 2 entrants total.
Grid -- MB-B040F2706E2D6A81 - Taken by Dr.Acula. 3 entrants total.
Sonic & All Star Racing Transformed -- MB-A9F0DD24A8E502E7 - Taken by BorntoPlay. 3 entrants total.
Euro Truck Simulator 2 -- MB-38DA17C0979A3740 - Taken by Snakethesniper. 8 entrants total.
Grand Ages: Rome: Gold Edition -- MB-4C9667A8E94CB797
t1cxE6r.gif
GRID 2 -- MB-DDEB48AECEA40E63 - Taken by TheAutomator. 2 entrants total.
The Bridge -- MB-D098B8B2308BEB1C - Taken by freshVeggie. 1 entrants total.

Dementium II HD -- MB-CA9553E81C4F4546 - Taken by bobnowhere. 1 entrants total.
Sniper Elite 3 (2) -- MB-3F6C7779FA850899 - Taken by topyy. 20 entrants total.
Race the Sun -- MB-083309EE63686721 - Taken by Widdly Scuds. 2 entrants total.
Monaco -- MB-25DBF1464B7E5206
Overcast: Walden & The Werewolf -- MB-0B54454E9F458654
Insurgency -- MB-BF668E70D5C3C5CB - Taken by Xeroblade. 1 entrants total.
Gunpoint -- MB-4CC7DD68F8233641
HOARD Complete Pack -- MB-E92F3717C41BE26C
Cubetractor -- MB-8B70776BBF073BD6
t1cxE6r.gif
Sniper Elite 3 -- MB-1794DFDF710698C9 - Taken by Asgaro. 7 entrants total.
Depths of Fear: Gnossos -- MB-408BB130DF1C4B5A - Taken by Kuroyume. 1 entrants total.
Half Minute Hero -- MB-3BEE54194023F48D
Papers, Please -- MB-AABE98F90DF8017A - Taken by chronomac. 3 entrants total.
Imperium Romanum: Gold Edition -- MB-0F3F9E941435919E

t1417054544z1.png

Tizoc

A pretty good deal, but since we're in the Steam thread I figure I'll point out that neither of those games comes with Steam keys (Tales from the Borderlands = Telltale key, Watch_Dogs = Uplay)

Yikes well I'll hold off then :p

No to BL1. If you played BL2 you don't want to go back to 1.

Totally. Would be useful and amusing.

Thing is I once won BL1 from a giveaway, and I have an OCD of such that I gotta play the first game in a series if I have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom