• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November II 2014 - Autumn Sale starts the 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Been using Steam for the past 3 weeks now, the user experience for installing and launching games is very good, I'm rather surprised, consoles have nothing over it, IMO. However the region restrictions are terribly lame (I live in Japan, so I suppose it should only be natural to be unable buy any Japanese games /s).

I'm also terrible annoyed with their customer service. I tried to buy the Farcry Franchise bundle last week and since they don't accept my credit card, set it up pay using bank transfer. Bad idea, I should have just paid using a convenience store or something, the transfer failed and I received no explanation from anyone, I filed a support ticket about the problem, asking if I could change payment options, and 5 days later, I finally get a response telling me to delete everything in my Steam folder except for the steamapps folder. It was as if he didn't even read my request. I followed the procedure, and as expected it did no good, so I sent a reply clarifying that the issue was with the payment and nothing else. I wait another 3 days and receive a message telling me to disable extensions in my browser and try again. Of course by this time Steam had already canceled my purchase for failure to pay.

Incredibly frustrating.

yup, definitely sounds like steam support alright ;)

maybe it was Walter who was handling your ticket :p

Tellaerin

Ended up finishing Star Trek a little while ago. Hit a couple of moderately tough spots near the end - not so difficult that it became annoying, but enough that I had a sense of satisfaction when I got past them. Overall, I'd have to say it was a fun ride.

"dante in name only" or some shit

First time I think I ever heard "-INO" used for something was when people were calling Godzilla in the (first) American-made movie GINO. Wonder if it was a thing before then?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
up to the dev? i thought each game was off no mater what.or is that only the winter sale?

Sales have always been up to the dev. If Valve were to discount games willy-nilly it'd have to pay back the difference to the devs unless there was prior approval. How Steam's bigger sales work is that devs have a deadline to submit discounts on their packages: a general sale discount and a featured deal discount, the latter of which kicks in if the game is selected as a Daily Deal or whatever.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
sales are always choice of the developers.

which makes some of the discounts or lack there of baffling. the Emergency 2014 one is uncanny. Theres a new one out, nobody wants your shitty old version, just discount it properly (you could argue nobody wants the new one either but thats another issue)

or the Obscure games yet again having no discount for example

zkylon

zkylewd
Yes. Donte aka DINO, I'd wager.
i have no idea what this means

Friends reviewers are prioritized over normal ones, aren't they?

And take note of which one you upvoted. Donte blame anyone other than yourself for those stats.

that was just courtesy

i'll make sure not to make that mistake again!

The actual top reviews number in the thousands of up-votes.

IIRC the text consists of "pantsu may cry" and "pantsu/10"

Sometimes I don't know why I even bother writing reviews.
I should just day 1 everything and be the first to write what everyone is thinking.
well like, know your audience

being honest here, no one reads steam reviews. i try to do like a paragraph or two at most because it's how long i know i would dedicate to reading a steam review

leave real reviews for your youtube channel, blog or whatever

Isn't that middle review Arthea's avatar?
yup

so what i'm getting at is

arthea sucks

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
which makes some of the discounts or lack there of baffling. the Emergency 2014 one is uncanny. Theres a new one out, nobody wants your shitty old version, just discount it properly (you could argue nobody wants the new one either but thats another issue)

There's the possibility that some of the devs elected to discount the games only during the Winter Sale. I can understand being hesitant to discount your game for a week and then for another two weeks just a few weeks later.

Emergency 2014 was heavily discounted a few weeks ago. I was about to buy it, but then I read it doesn't work on windows 8.1

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Toki767, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 29 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Toki767, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hitman: Absolution -- MB-0BA9091514ECC8AA - Taken by texhnolyze. 19 entrants total.
X-COM: Apocalypse -- MB-F09F454B82F9D0C5 - Taken by Shadownet. 2 entrants total.
Daikatana -- MB-704E23534C39E9F2 - Taken by Syphon Filter. 1 entrants total.
Deus Ex: Invisible War -- MB-447FA762E3FAED99 - Taken by Fuzzification. 6 entrants total.
X-COM: Enforcer -- MB-8FA3F24044D45FD1
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin -- MB-CB27DA7A9AE407B8 - Taken by MillionStabs. 2 entrants total.
Astebreed -- MB-61F2B4771ACD69D7 - Taken by didamangi. 31 entrants total.
Anachronix -- MB-A9B2B4AC74FA3E88 - Taken by Htown. 2 entrants total.
Risk of Rain -- MB-7CC9C23C7D5B2CA2 - Taken by Casimir. 2 entrants total.
Hitman: Blood Money -- MB-8B4AD40639B7D8B8 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 7 entrants total.
X-COM: Terror From the Deep -- MB-2C38BC8D511AD6A8 - Taken by The Reloader. 1 entrants total.
Hitman: Contracts -- MB-1A193D152915B0B6 - Taken by hepburn3d. 10 entrants total.
Mini Ninjas -- MB-65753034697D89DB - Taken by ArynCrinn. 2 entrants total.
Just Cause -- MB-3132CB6EA68F1C75 - Taken by gimel. 3 entrants total.
Deus Ex: The Fall -- MB-1D16BBCEEC26D3A4 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 12 entrants total.
Ys Origin -- MB-8B02D303993BEE11 - Taken by topyy. 18 entrants total.
The Last Remnant -- MB-CE7DBBC4D0B648DD - Taken by BorntoPlay. 17 entrants total.
Thief Gold -- MB-CFAA31298BF08953 - Taken by Pranay_. 11 entrants total.
The Novelist -- MB-00EBF916BA3618D3 - Taken by Catshade. 10 entrants total.
Eldritch -- MB-EC76E4F484CA2D3F - Taken by Purkake4. 4 entrants total.
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet -- MB-7BCDC1E0ED6DDCDF - Taken by hepburn3d. 7 entrants total.
X-COM: Interceptor -- MB-EDBC6FEB78BFB475
Nosgoth Veteran Pack -- MB-6E0296FD36C63A09 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 3 entrants total.
GIGANTIC ARMY -- MB-783CD483C195D025 - Taken by D3RANG3D. 3 entrants total.
Unholy Knights -- MB-7CB23D6AF1C9AE53 - Taken by darkchewie. 3 entrants total.
Hitman: Codename 47 -- MB-B24C185B76D0E7FE - Taken by sensoft04. 5 entrants total.
Battlestations: Midway -- MB-C949B9CBCB5701F9 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 3 entrants total.
X-COM: UFO Defense -- MB-90DEAFA0CEE0D121 - Taken by Zeeman. 1 entrants total.
PixelJunk Shooter -- MB-3F66B3EE97892541 - Taken by Naked Snake. 5 entrants total.

t1417114063z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Toki767, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 29 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Toki767, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hitman: Absolution -- MB-0BA9091514ECC8AA - Taken by texhnolyze. 19 entrants total.
X-COM: Apocalypse -- MB-F09F454B82F9D0C5 - Taken by Shadownet. 2 entrants total.
Daikatana -- MB-704E23534C39E9F2 - Taken by Syphon Filter. 1 entrants total.
Deus Ex: Invisible War -- MB-447FA762E3FAED99 - Taken by Fuzzification. 6 entrants total.
X-COM: Enforcer -- MB-8FA3F24044D45FD1
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin -- MB-CB27DA7A9AE407B8 - Taken by MillionStabs. 2 entrants total.
Astebreed -- MB-61F2B4771ACD69D7 - Taken by didamangi. 31 entrants total.
Anachronix -- MB-A9B2B4AC74FA3E88 - Taken by Htown. 2 entrants total.
Risk of Rain -- MB-7CC9C23C7D5B2CA2 - Taken by Casimir. 2 entrants total.
Hitman: Blood Money -- MB-8B4AD40639B7D8B8 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 7 entrants total.
X-COM: Terror From the Deep -- MB-2C38BC8D511AD6A8 - Taken by The Reloader. 1 entrants total.
Hitman: Contracts -- MB-1A193D152915B0B6 - Taken by hepburn3d. 10 entrants total.
Mini Ninjas -- MB-65753034697D89DB - Taken by ArynCrinn. 2 entrants total.
Just Cause -- MB-3132CB6EA68F1C75 - Taken by gimel. 3 entrants total.
Deus Ex: The Fall -- MB-1D16BBCEEC26D3A4 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 12 entrants total.
Ys Origin -- MB-8B02D303993BEE11 - Taken by topyy. 18 entrants total.
The Last Remnant -- MB-CE7DBBC4D0B648DD - Taken by BorntoPlay. 17 entrants total.
Thief Gold -- MB-CFAA31298BF08953 - Taken by Pranay_. 11 entrants total.
The Novelist -- MB-00EBF916BA3618D3 - Taken by Catshade. 10 entrants total.
Eldritch -- MB-EC76E4F484CA2D3F - Taken by Purkake4. 4 entrants total.
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet -- MB-7BCDC1E0ED6DDCDF - Taken by hepburn3d. 7 entrants total.
X-COM: Interceptor -- MB-EDBC6FEB78BFB475
Nosgoth Veteran Pack -- MB-6E0296FD36C63A09 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 3 entrants total.
GIGANTIC ARMY -- MB-783CD483C195D025 - Taken by D3RANG3D. 3 entrants total.
Unholy Knights -- MB-7CB23D6AF1C9AE53 - Taken by darkchewie. 3 entrants total.
Hitman: Codename 47 -- MB-B24C185B76D0E7FE - Taken by sensoft04. 5 entrants total.
Battlestations: Midway -- MB-C949B9CBCB5701F9 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 3 entrants total.
X-COM: UFO Defense -- MB-90DEAFA0CEE0D121 - Taken by Zeeman. 1 entrants total.
PixelJunk Shooter -- MB-3F66B3EE97892541 - Taken by Naked Snake. 5 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Hitman: Absolution was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for X-COM: Apocalypse was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Daikatana was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Deus Ex: Invisible War was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for X-COM: Enforcer was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Hitman 2: Silent Assassin was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Astebreed was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Anachronix was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Risk of Rain was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Hitman: Blood Money was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for X-COM: Terror From the Deep was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Hitman: Contracts was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Mini Ninjas was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Just Cause was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Deus Ex: The Fall was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Ys Origin was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for The Last Remnant was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Thief Gold was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for The Novelist was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Eldritch was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for X-COM: Interceptor was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Nosgoth Veteran Pack was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for GIGANTIC ARMY was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Unholy Knights was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Hitman: Codename 47 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Battlestations: Midway was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for X-COM: UFO Defense was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for PixelJunk Shooter was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1417114183z1.png

oipic

There's the possibility that some of the devs elected to discount the games only during the Winter Sale. I can understand being hesitant to discount your game for a week and then for another two weeks just a few weeks later.

On this topic, Jase, was it in the lead up to the Autumn and Winter sales last year that some leaked info indicated that the pricing preferences submitted by devs/pubs would apply for BOTH sales? Did anything similar surface this year?

XBP

So is Nuuvem basically like GMG? Plus is rising itself region locked or only the game's availability is locked?

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
That giveaway reminds me that I never actually completed Daikatana. lol Can't remember what level I made it to.

I can't think of the title, but The Long Dark reminds me of a movie about a woman that wakes up trapped inside of a bubble/force field. She has to forage and learn to hunt and whatnot to survive. The movie was pretty good. The game is fun.

zkylon

zkylewd
much to the amusement of my brazilian ex-coworkers i used to be terrible at portuguese so i have no idea what you just said :p

Some good cheap games are on there right now for less than $2. Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition, Max Payne 1&2 Bundle, Sid Meier's Pirates! to name a few.
yeah, max payne 1 and 2 for 2 bucks is ridic

max payne 1 is one of my all time favorites

being honest here, no one reads steam reviews. i try to do like a paragraph or two at most because it's how long i know i would dedicate to reading a steam review

leave real reviews for your youtube channel, blog or whatever

Psh.
Nobody reads my blog anyway.

Revolver360 Re:actor is legit btw. Everyone get it.

zkylon

zkylewd
i thought about learning japanese but i have a lot of friends that speak japanese and they keep shooting me down

so yea, spanish, sexy latin american accent english and very rusty french. i tried a bit of russian but i didn't have the dedication at the time. some day, maybe

tho pathologic is getting a real translation so not much of a reason to anymore

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I took a year of Japanese. I don't remember a thing. Depression is not really conductive towards strong learning habits, especially something that needs to be practiced socially like language.

zkylon

zkylewd
well i'm unconvinced about cs go so imma pass

shadownet had his shot at luring me in but was too busy with "personal stuff" i guess

JDHarbs

I've always been really bad at fighting games so I could never get into them very easily, but I'm a DC fan so figured I should pick up Injustice at some point. Finally pulled the trigger at $5 and I'm enjoying it so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom