• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November II 2014 - Autumn Sale starts the 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

Morning SteamGAF. Today i have interview for a job and if everything goes fine my budget for Winter Sale could be nice this year :D

Is there any way to set up a daily sale alert for a game, if its on your wishlist for eg.

Like I would like to know if BroForce ever goes on a daily, its hard to check everyday with work and all.

Tizoc

Yeah, I've been using it for ages now. It's great.

Probably. :(

If they behaved themselves maybe I'd let them out every now and again.

http://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/price?plain=rocketknight

Haha, it does the job.

Wow even is there any deal is locked to my region just like Steam!
Rocket knight isn't my region for whatever crazy reason but it has gone cheap on nuuvem in the past so I'll hold out and wait for it to go cheaper and then pick it up. Thanks jase.

Ozium

Is there any way to set up a daily sale alert for a game, if its on your wishlist for eg.

Like I would like to know if BroForce ever goes on a daily, its hard to check everyday with work and all.

if it's on your wishlist volvo usually sends an email

Volimar

http://www.vg247.com/2014/11/27/free-200000-steam-key-giveaway/

FREE! 200,000 new Steam keys to give away

We have 200,000 FREE Steam keys to give away for ace arcade game Ionball 2: Ionstorm. Come get some.

Ionball 2 was released this year and features classic arcade gameplay with a 3D twist and banging soundtrack.

It boasts a “very positive” rating on Steam and you can get it for free just by entering your email details in the box below.

Arthea

That was joke review, and I like how zky's new shtick is not understanding anything, even when painfully obvious!

edited: this post about Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae review that zky "can't understand".

Tizoc

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH, stupid Gamestop won't let me buy a digital code unless my address matches the billing address I entered =_=

fuxoinf.jpg

Winamp though, wow.
#foobarmasterrace

Sarcasm

My wife is learning her fourth language Japanese. Mandarin is her native so she is learning Japanese very quickly since there is a tie into Japanese. Within a month she could write, read and speak. Not just speak but have a conversation.

Me? Five years, ask I can do is order food in Chinese and barely read the news. Lol.

So how many people bought the long dark?

The self-publishing platform is about to release? Steam to add music and film/television soon?

I would imagine one of the two is coming soon.

nope :p

Simple, people who do not have a Steamworks Developer badge got removed from the group.

correct

We've seen a lot of feedback recently regarding non-developers in the forum. The goal of the forum is to provide developers with an area to ask questions, provide feedback, and share information. The forum helps us support new developers and products, and creates opportunities for developers to communicate and assist one another.

With that in mind, we recently updated the membership of the forum by removing all accounts that were not Steamworks partners or community moderators. We've also disabled the "invite friends" feature for this group.

We hope that the changes help to keep these forums a valuable place for Steam developers to provide feedback and receive assistance

wetflame

Pizza Dog
So has the hype of the Autumn sale died down yet? Personally there's not been too much that I've had my eye on drop to levels I'm comfortable with, but I told myself I'd be waiting for the Winter sale anyway.

Ozium

That was joke review, and I like how zky's new shtick is not understanding anything, even when painfully obvious!

new?

So has the hype of the Autumn sale died down yet? Personally there's not been too much that I've had my eye on drop to levels I'm comfortable with, but I told myself I'd be waiting for the Winter sale anyway.

JUST THINK OF TOMORROW's DAILIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

will there be a humble weekly or is it postponed because of thanksgaving

Arthea

I wholeheartily recommend:
One Finger Death Punch - 2,49€ (it might go cheaper at winter sale, I remember it being cheaper before)
Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae - 2,49€ (cheapest it has been, I think)
LYNE - 0,89€ (if you can handle so much zen, really it's great!)
Critter Crunch - 2,03€ (as awesome as people say)
Bejeweled 3 - 2,49€ (self explanatory) or PopCap Complete Pack - 27,99€
Civ5 Complete Edition - 9,99€ (one more turn)
Long Live The Queen - 3,49€ (the real GoT and GOTY)

If I don't care if it's an NG game, is the game still good as it's own?

it's over the top, partly musou partly insane action game, if it sounds good to you, why not! also it was insanely priced most of the time.

edited: forgot to say, it's not serious at all.

well, not entirely new

Deques

I somehow forgot we have the sale thread, oh well, will post my recommendations there too. (><)

There is a sale thread? Usually when there is a sale thread the normal Steam thread is locked. I guess it still remains unlocked now that it's in the Community

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
There is a sale thread? Usually when there is a sale thread the normal Steam thread is locked. I guess it still remains unlocked now that it's in the Community

yeah - now that we're in the community no one cares about us any more

... and stump still can't find this thread ;)

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
First alone in the Dark: Illumination footage, made a topic with the below: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=940585

As I'm apparently the news reporter for Alone in the Dark: Illumination on NeoGAF, the first bit of gameplay has been released for the game.

It definitely shows its Resident Evil, Alan Wake, & Left 4 Dead influence in the video, as well as the sort of low-budget it has. Honestly, it looks like it'll be pretty decent in my opinion, though I think the main character looks a bit awkward with how still he is, he looks fine reloading, but has no movement when looking around. But was aware a long time ago this was probably going to be a low-budget affair so not too surprised.

The video: http://epn.tv/all/spotlight/illuminating-alone-in-the-dark/

The beta is supposed to go live very soon, and also been revealed for people who pre-order from the Steam page the early exclusive costume and weapon set, 'Ghost' Costumes and Golden Weapons:

I kind of expect most to say that they don't want this from Alone in the Dark, or comment that it looks low-budget, but it honestly to me looks like it'll be a pretty okay game at least, albeit with the sort of low-budget jankiness. But it's the first proper footage of the game, and probably the best idea of what the game is for those to form their own thoughts. What do you all think, looks terrible, might be fun for a low price, might interest you?

Tizoc

If I don't care if it's an NG game, is the game still good as it's own?

In a way yes.
Think of it as a Musou (lite) game. It's short but you can get some fun from it.
Make sure to play at the LOWEST difficulty first though, this game's higher difficulties are ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom