• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copons

After you're done playing the ROW version, you should play the German version. And then the Italian version. And then the Russian version.

Fun fact #1: I actually own the ROW
or NA? or whater, I don't know
version of MP1, and I noticed it because I couldn't write my heavily contested review on my normal game page, because according to Steam I don't own Max Payne.
I had to switch my region to US to write it.

Fun fact #2: the only one Italian MP1 I've ever bought is currently featured in your library. :D

Turfster

damn, you got ninja'd

Eh, it's all Valve's fault for their shitass slow updates. Front page still says Serious Sam 3 and the news page didn't load half the time I refreshed =p

Also, JaseC can have tomorrow's too, since I'll be doing more PT at that time again.

Dragon Age Origins is on the house on Origin, btw.

MUnited83

For you.
Today's Daily is 40% off the Carmageddon franchise.

The French version is there in the registry but it's never been available. :( It always gets updated when there's a franchise sale, though, so maybe R* will realise it's missing at some point.

Ah, dang it :p. Btw, relatively to the other versions: a Russian should be able to get all those subs through the cart exploit, correct?

Dr Dogg

Well I'm having a mini dilemma regards to clearing out some space for FFXIII. Now do I delete stuff I might want later due to being useless at finishing games that I've started, do I shuffle some things arouns other drives or do I just slap in another hard drive. I mean I've got 5 SATA ports free, may as well :\

Also Alien Isolation, bloody hell does it have good audio positioning. Is it worth doing the base game first or start on the DLC?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Can anybody actually purchase from Indie Royale at the moment? PayPal and CC don't work for me.

I really don't get how people are getting so scared from Alien.
For comparison P.T. scared the hell out of me.
I really think it's just from all the Alien through out the years that I just can't see them as scary. Even if Alien is my favorite film in the franchise.

Watch out! We got a badass over here!

I think it's pretty scary. Don't handle horror games too well but I really enjoy them. Some people just have different fear thresholds. I don't ever find horror films scary though so I really enjoy the opportunity to be frightened by a video game.

MUnited83

For you.
The ROW one, yes, but not the German and Italian ones.

My CC was charged despite IR spitting out an error so I'll send off an e-mail.

Dang it. Oh well, will still buy them regardless on the next sale, just need to find italian and german traders :p

One time I bought a Indie Royale and it wouldn't show up on my profile and I didn't receive any email. I sent a email to their support and it was solved quite quickly.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Well I'm having a mini dilemma regards to clearing out some space for FFXIII. Now do I delete stuff I might want later due to being useless at finishing games that I've started, do I shuffle some things arouns other drives or do I just slap in another hard drive. I mean I've got 5 SATA ports free, may as well :\

Also Alien Isolation, bloody hell does it have good audio positioning. Is it worth doing the base game first or start on the DLC?

I did Crew Expendable first, and afterwards thought it probably would have been better to start with the main game since it felt like I was missing something about the mechanics.

Turns out the game is just really hard. You should probably start it on normal. Crew Expendable is also pretty short, provided you don't die. But you will die. A lot. I'd say start with the main game and then dip into the DLC along the way.

Lost Planet 3 is pretty dang enjoyable.

At first I wrote it off (mostly due to bitterness over Capcom stating that the other LP game would never leave Japan) but it's been very solid thus far. The narrative is really well-done too.

Miguel81

They're recommending doing the base game first in the OT, due to the DLC thrusting you into it expecting prior? knowledge. Man, 2.35:1 shots are gonna look nice!

Edit: Beaten by a mile

Leftovers

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FiveElementNinja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Thunder Wolves -- MB-AA4D6CF5B4D21886 - Taken by Phawx
t1cxE6r.gif
Disciples III: Reincarnation -- MB-BCF1E1E9A857E28E - Taken by iosefe
Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD -- MB-784502D0046A341C - Taken by billmcdougal

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
anyone here have an opinion on Endless Legend? Trying to get my fix.

I played a bit of it. Unfortunately I haven't had a decent amount of free time to give a definitive opinion, but I am enjoying what I've experienced. For the US$4 it cost, it's something I would pick up.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Well those Unity previews killed any little hope I had for it.

Also this interview from Metro is really telling; no one seems to see an issue with how similar all their open world games are -_-

http://metro.co.uk/2014/10/06/assas...-idea-then-its-not-wrong-to-reuse-it-4895104/

Please be excited for the future Prince of Persia reboot 2.0, featuring a new immersive open world filled to the brim with meaningful side content such as collectible feathers grains of sand.

JaseA and JaseB timelines disappeared after the Great Desura War and the explosion of the GameSpy Arcade popularity.

It all makes sense now.

oh hi there

so, greenlight now officially lives on valve time for how long? 2 months?

edited: funny fact, yesterday there were 1173 greenlit games, today ... 1172. Are we ungreenlitting games now too?

Obligatory creepy doctor seems to have made it into that game.

Indie Royale Debut 19
Price: 1.75€, keeps increasing...
  • CAFE 0 The Drowned Mermaid

Those eyes still irk me every time I see them :|

Pretty sure CAFE 0 was in another greenlight bundle like, a year ago.
The fact that it's still not greenlit... does not bode well.

This is its third this year, at least.

JaseC

One time I bought a Indie Royale and it wouldn't show up on my profile and I didn't receive any email. I sent a email to their support and it was solved quite quickly.

I took a closer look and the charge has "Authorisation Only" appended to it, so the money will be returned soon. I'll try paying via PayPal again in the morning.

Dr Dogg

I did Crew Expendable first, and afterwards thought it probably would have been better to start with the main game since it felt like I was missing something about the mechanics.

Turns out the game is just really hard. You should probably start it on normal. Crew Expendable is also pretty short, provided you don't die. But you will die. A lot. I'd say start with the main game and then dip into the DLC along the way.

They're recommending doing the base game first in the OT, due to the DLC thrusting you into it expecting prior? knowledge. Man, 2.35:1 shots are gonna look nice!

Edit: Beaten by a mile

Top stuff. I'm probably going to be in the corner sobbing too much to appreciate it anyway :(

JaseC

Russians can definitely buy all of them, that's how I got all of them a few sales back.

Yeah, I was just about to edit my post. What I meant to say is that the ROW ones are out but the DE and IT ones are in.

MP2 gifts just don't say the origin country on them so maybe your guy got confused. :p

I didn't buy them through a trader. ;)

MayMay

Banned
It's more of a stealth game than Ass Creed ever hopes to be.

Heck on its hardest difficulty, you get killed in 1 hit. Stealth is the name of the game.

Yes, it is. And it's a hard one too, because the levels are wide open and there are a lot of ways to get to the objective and a lot of enemies to get past from.
It's really cheap right now, there's no way to go wrong with it!

Thanks alot! Sounds good. Guess Ill be getting it then

So, wait, you're not supposed to play Alien on Hard first-time? (Even though the game "recommends" it?)

I haven't even gotten to see the Alien yet, but I started on Hard. I'm not looking for something aggravating with tons of save point reloading, so if that's what Hard tries to push on you I'm more than happy to jump down to Normal (especially since I'm not very into horror/scary games to begin with...).

Messiah

So, wait, you're not supposed to play Alien on Hard first-time? (Even though the game "recommends" it?)

I haven't even gotten to see the Alien yet, but I started on Hard. I'm not looking for something aggravating with tons of save point reloading, so if that's what Hard tries to push on you I'm more than happy to jump down to Normal (especially since I'm not very into horror/scary games to begin with...).

I even have that on normal. Maybe I am just bad.

AHA-Lambda

Styx sounds interesting but why do I keep seeing it being compared to AC?? It looks more like a Thief game.

Hell AC hasn't got any bloody stealth in it!

Miguel81

Not sure if old, but Dragon Age: Origins is free on, well, pardon me for the bad pun, Origin.

https://www.origin.com/it-it/store/free-games/on-the-house

(link is to the Italian store, but it should redirect to your region)

(also, I won't take it for free here. Paying on Steam > create an account on Origin)

Thanks for the heads up! Free stuff is good stuff(
rarely
).

Time to dust off Origin, the client has a thick layer on it.

Levyne

Banned
Just gonna blurt out that you can play Dragon Age from Origin through Steam as a custom game if you want the overlay, screenshots. Works fine :D

It's also a pretty great game.

Vuze

Thanks for the heads up on DA:O guys, now if only Origin would have managed to send me a valid security code to confirm two-step-authentication after 30mins of waiting...

Dr Dogg

Well first impressions on Alien Isolation is in space everyone appears to be very sweaty.

That and the captain of the ship you're first on says the old cliche 'oh it's just a routine job, easy peasy' so I'm assuming it's all going to go to shit any second after that and bang on the money it sure did.

Not sure if old, but Dragon Age: Origins is free on, well, pardon me for the bad pun, Origin.

https://www.origin.com/it-it/store/free-games/on-the-house

(link is to the Italian store, but it should redirect to your region)

(also, I won't take it for free here. Paying on Steam > create an account on Origin)

And to think, I was just mulling over whether to drop 4 keys a couple days back to get the UE. I can live with this for now and upgrade when necessary.

Great find!

Zafir

Well first impressions on Alien Isolation is in space everyone appears to be very sweaty.

That and the captain of the ship you're first on says the old cliche 'oh it's just a routine job, easy peasy' so I'm assuming it's all going to go to shit any second after that and bang on the money it sure did.

Yeah I was playing it a bit earlier, and I was wondering why everyone was so hot and sweaty before any threat had even arisen, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom