• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsnip

See you Anglophobes! All accounted for in the first two bloody games.

To be fair I'd go down in a blaze of glory when my beloved AssCreed is attacked. :p

It's probably Animus 4.0 by now, those coding wizards at Abstergo are probably running it in 240fps and 8K too.

Grief.exe

Reading this I will eat crow if unlocking the framerate doesn't completely break the game.

cool, so there's a chance it's just a dead rising 3 situation

or a chance it'll completely break the game, we'll find out i guess

That's the problem. Bethesda seemingly answered the question, but the reality is they didn't.

PR in a nutshell. Reminds me of, 'we currently have no plans for a PC port.'

Turfster

Indiegala bitcomposer bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Air conflicts Secret Wars
  • Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD
  • Wildlife Park 3
TIER 2: 2.5$
  • Thunder Wolves
  • The Void
  • Disciples III: Reincarnation
  • Cargo! The Quest for Gravity

Zafir

Yeah, but you could get GRID autosport for 6 keys if you search in other places like steamtrades & tf2outpost. But yeah, if you are lazy use dispenser.

Oh indeed, I always go for whoever is cheapest. I just recommended dispenser because it's definitely the easiest method for a first time trader.

MayMay

Banned
...xD it really is 60GB.

15f3ac16e8.png

FFXIII preload is up

EDIT: Nevermind, actual download size is 49.4GB

Vuze

Not sure how to think about the "oh lol we won't guarantee that our game will run at 60fps at all but please buy it anyway so you can see for yourself" attitude that developers show recently (namely Dead Rising 3). Better than not having the option at all but still worrisome.

Phawx

Heh, just came here to post that Bethesda got back to me with that same link. I also *might* get a review copy, but chances are very very slim.

And with FF13 installing... Goodbye hard drive space. I have too many large games installed right now, I've finally gone below 200GB free on my 1TB drive.

I need to get a 2TB or something.

Chariot

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

The Void -- MB-94BE71598CA91B01 - Taken by NightmareTrigger
Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD -- MB-A126AA6BE0442D8A - Taken by agniswarm

Air Conflicts: Secret Wars -- MB-85EDE30756505219 - Taken by Diedac
Cargo:The Quest for Gravity -- MB-A1CCC6FE85319F66 - Taken by Black Soma
The links for Void and Cargo are somewhat strange. If it's not working for you, I try to message indiegala or something.

Dr Dogg

Just a word of warning due to this being a preload and not an install you will need 50gb to download and a further 60gb to unpack it. So you need 110gb free if you only have 1 hard drive.

Faabulous

Just a word of warning due to this being a preload and not an install you will need 50gb to download and a further 60gb to unpack it. So you need 110gb free if you only have 1 hard drive.

What. This ain't gonna work. I only have 70GB free. Abort abort

AsfaeksBR

Styx is getting better and better.
Question to those who have played it a bit more than I:

Can I go back to my "HQ" to upgrade and then come back in the mission?
Like, I am now on mission 2-2. If I upgrade and come back, will I return on 2-2 or 2-1?

MayMay

Banned
So, looking at the FFXIII PC OT - the Asian Version is only 29GB big.

Uh.. Dual Audio confirmed? Hell yeah - if thats true.

Grief.exe

Posted in The Evil Within OT, Gstaff says the game plays fine at 60 FPS. Trying to get a little more information out of him.

I’ve played through the game and I’ve also seen the game played at 60fps on a PC powerful enough to handle it. It looks great, but personally it didn't look right to me. I felt like I was seeing a "soap opera effect" and that took away from the atmosphere and feel that I think the default setting captures.

MattyG

Banned
Hooooooly shit, I think I'll pass on this one then. It's not worth 50GB, let alone 110GB.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Not to mention that unpacking / decrypting that much data on a non-SSD is going to take... a while.

Dr Dogg

What in gods name

What. This ain't gonna work. I only have 70GB free. Abort abort

MMBosstones is going to kill me with another TimeCop reference but the same data can't occupy the same space. It's how they've always worked as when you preload a game is goes into you depotcache folder and is encrypted until release. When you go to decrypt it it will then unpack the files into you Steam library folder (can't you chose where now?).

Realistically in my position it would be better to start downloading it the moment the game is release so it's classed as an install and goes to the downloads folder and then moved to the Library folder straight after without duplication.

Not to mention that unpacking / decrypting that much data on a non-SSD is going to take... a while.

Well I'm off out now to buy an new SSD to cut my depotcache folder to so not to cause myself a juggling headache. Not that I'm in a rush mind as I've got a day and a half until it finishes downloading :(

Tizoc

EDIT: Read your post above, yeah no preload for this mutha.

MattyG

Banned
MMBosstones is going to kill me with another TimeCop reference but the same data can't occupy the same space. It's how they've always worked as when you preload a game is goes into you depotcache folder and is encrypted until release. When you go to decrypt it it will then unpack the files into you Steam library folder (can't you chose where now?).

Realistically in my position it would be better to start downloading it the moment the game is release so it's classed as an install and goes to the downloads folder and then moved to the Library folder straight after without duplication.
Does that heppen with all preloads? Is there space being used up on my HDD by unnecessary files left over from my Alien and Mordor preloads?

Dr Dogg

Does that heppen with all preloads? Is there space being used up on my HDD by unnecessary files left over from my Alien and Mordor preloads?\

In my experience yes as they normally are up before the game is officially released so to stop you playing it they are encrypted. Once they're installed the encrypted files are deleted so it would only take up 60gb but you'd need 110gb total. As I said though if you don't mind losing 22 hours of a head start to downloading this it might make more sense to start the download when it's officially released.

Zafir

Does that heppen with all preloads? Is there space being used up on my HDD by unnecessary files left over from my Alien and Mordor preloads?

Well no, it should delete the files from your depotcache folder after Steam has unpacked them on launch. It's just that it can't delete the files until is has unpacked them. Just like if you were to unrar a large rar file or something.

Parsnip

Well, if the Asian version is still 29gigs, I guess that pretty much confirms dual audio and since all the videos with speech had lipsync, they'd need to have two of each for those as well, right?

Games got big.

Shadownet

Banned
c031fa958a6ddc6c1d4421378aa21769_large.gif

Seems like a neat project! Funny thing with Kickstarter is that just yesterday I thought about backing a few projects but then I realized that I have backed three projects and regret all of them so I have no more of these thoughts. Still I'm excited to see how this game turns out. Mojo Bones' last game on 3DS was well regarded (Siesta Fiesta).

The game isn't a steam code?

Alavard

Hooooooly shit, I think I'll pass on this one then. It's not worth 50GB, let alone 110GB.

I'm with you on that.

I got the game on release for my 360 (I didn't own a PS3 yet) and didn't hate the game (though it's not one of my favorite FFs), and was going to pick up the copy on Steam. But hell, 50 GB is a lot when my monthly download cap is 300 GB and I already hit it on a semi-regularly basis.

Dr Dogg

Dual Audio? Hmmmm might have some legal and rights issues. Cutscenes with hard coded subtitles in different languages? Please Squenix no!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom