• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Eh, it's all Valve's fault for their shitass slow updates. Front page still says Serious Sam 3 and the news page didn't load half the time I refreshed =p

Also, JaseC can have tomorrow's too, since I'll be doing more PT at that time again.

Dragon Age Origins is on the house on Origin, btw.

No one reads your posts :p

Tizoc

Just sold a foil for $10, feels good gaf~

Regarding Skydrift, I just played it with Fraps running and it shows the FPS as 60
...and this is with ALL settings maxed out.

Miguel81

Steam support can be badass. They're slow, sure, but they'll remove shit games from your account without any lame "We can't do that" BS. You can hide some games, but others are just so bad you want them gone forever.

Steam support can be badass. They're slow, sure, but they'll remove shit games from your account without any lame "We can't do that" BS. You can hide some games, but others are just so bad you want them gone forever.

Can't we delete them from the account page already?

Thanks Origin for that second Dragon Age: Origins. One wasn't enough for me.
_cU_ocyZAy7y.png

Dr Dogg

I think we finally got through over there.

UPDATE 2

Translation: We've been trying to clear something through legal and get our PR guys to spin this not to fuck people off.

I get the feeling from the reactions of some people their lack of communication up to this point might be a little too late.

Yeah I was playing it a bit earlier, and I was wondering why everyone was so hot and sweaty before any threat had even arisen, lol.

Well shows how far we've come with realistic glistening shaders!

Animus translation software has gotten that good.

This was an easy get out from the very first game when Lucy Stilman and Desmond have this exchange
Desmond: Hey, you know what, I've got a question I think you can actually answer.

Lucy: What's up?

Desmond: Why is it that sometimes the guys in there, talk like they're from the future?

Lucy: The future?

Desmond: I-I mean the present. Now, today, whatever.

Lucy: You've probably noticed English has become the official language of the Holy Land.

Desmond: Yeah, I was gonna say....

Lucy: The Animus is translating speech it deems vital into more modern English, so expect a few anachronisms. I could probably make it more authentic, but... you ever read Chaucer?

Desmond: Who?

Lucy: Yeah... Definitely not for you.

Hinomura

What's the status on the game (The Evil Within)'s framerate and aspect ratio?

Shinji Mikami and the team at Tango designed The Evil Within to be played at 30fps and to utilize an aspect ratio of 2.35:1 for all platforms. The team has worked the last four years perfecting the game experience with these settings in mind. For PC players, we’ll provide debug commands on how you can alter the framerate and aspect ratio, but these commands and changes are not recommended or supported and we suggest everyone play the game as it was designed and intended for the best experience.

Well it's better than nothing! Now... where to get it for a cheap price? ^___^

Zafir

Has Grid Autosport been on sale yet? Feel a crazy urge to grab it after the Driveclub disappointment.

A few weeks back on Steam.

Edit: And GMG yesterday apparently. xD

Can probably try getting it for keys since it was on sale on Steam not long back.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Bethesda officially comments on PC port of The Evil Within.

Shinji Mikami and the team at Tango designed The Evil Within to be played at 30fps and to utilize an aspect ratio of 2.35:1 for all platforms. The team has worked the last four years perfecting the game experience with these settings in mind. For PC players, we’ll provide debug commands on how you can alter the framerate and aspect ratio, but these commands and changes are not recommended or supported and we suggest everyone play the game as it was designed and intended for the best experience.

So you can play it 60 FPS 16:9, but not 'officially', but they'll provide the method of how to do so. I'm okay with this, then again I'd be okay without this. I expect some will still take problem with it, but at least it's an option.

Zafir

Sweeeet. I'm totally aloof about the key trading stuff -- any specific site I should look at?

Buy keys from the Steammarket and then look at dispenser.tf is the easiest way. You don't have to mess around talking with traders if you use dispenser.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
And one more thing for The Evil Within they added to the above link just now:

What's the status on the game's framerate and aspect ratio?

Does the game support 4K resolution?

Yes. The engine can go even higher if you’ve got a monitor and video card that supports it.

Can I disable the letterboxing?

The letterboxing (a 2:35:1 aspect ratio) is used for gameplay purposes, as certain elements display in the black areas of the screen. On PC, you can turn off the bars and force the game to render full-screen. However this option is not supported. We’re keeping the ability to turn off bars as a console-only command that we will share at launch

How can I turn on the debug console?

There will be a command-line option to enable the console. More at launch.

What can I do with the debug console?

Gameplay cheats, as well as advanced camera controls will all be available via console commands. More to come!

Grief.exe

UPDATE 3: http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1508448-the-evil-within-releases-next-week-things-to-know/

What's the status on the game's framerate and aspect ratio?

Does the game support 4K resolution?

Yes. The engine can go even higher if you’ve got a monitor and video card that supports it.

Can I disable the letterboxing?

The letterboxing (a 2:35:1 aspect ratio) is used for gameplay purposes, as certain elements display in the black areas of the screen. On PC, you can turn off the bars and force the game to render full-screen. However this option is not supported. We’re keeping the ability to turn off bars as a console-only command that we will share at launch

How can I turn on the debug console?

There will be a command-line option to enable the console. More at launch.

What can I do with the debug console?

Gameplay cheats, as well as advanced camera controls will all be available via console commands. More to come!

Bethesda officially comments on PC port of The Evil Within.

So you can play it 60 FPS 16:9, but not 'officially', but they'll provide the method of how to do so. I'm okay with this, then again I'd be okay without this. I expect some will still take problem with it, but at least it's an option.
It isn't ideal but I feel fine. My biggest problem was the fact that Bethesda seemed poised to not say anything, had others not spoken up.

Parsnip

This was an easy get out from the very first game when Lucy Stilman and Desmond have this exchange
There's a bit in AC2 as well.
Desmond: So, how's she (Animus 2.0) treating you?
Rebecca: The translation software is still a bit laggy... You're probably catching the odd bit of Italian. Sorry about that.
Desmond: No worries. Abstergo's machine wasn't perfect either. And the subtitles... definitely a big plus.

Kiru

Buy keys from the Steammarket and then look at dispenser.tf is the easiest way. You don't have to mess around talking with traders if you use dispenser.

Yeah, but you could get GRID autosport for 6 keys if you search in other places like steamtrades & tf2outpost. But yeah, if you are lazy use dispenser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom