• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
you can change the internal resolution, use anisotropic filtering and/or fxaa
you're stuck with 20fps though, there isn't a framerate hack yet as far as i know

i guess this goes next to dragon's dogma on my good-games-made-worse-by-shitty-framerates list

Is the PS3 HD version not an option for you?

Arthea

gamersgate finally changed some of Capcpom sale deals, for example Remember me is -80%... but it's 8&#8364; with that discount somehow, gg magic! (><)
Nothing else changed as far as I can see.

Gamersgate likes to inflate discount by raising base price.

ya, that's what I call gg magic, also they are doing it a lot lately.

Tizoc

It would seem.... That i accidentally deleted my cheats folder from my lappy.
I had walkthroughs for tons of games in it but i can still get th from gamefaqs :v

madjoki

gamersgate finally changed some of Capcpom sale deals, for example Remember me is -80%... but it's 8€ with that discount somehow, gg magic! (><)
Nothing else changed as far as I can see.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

If there are funny things going on with prices, it's not GamersGate itself. Since digital distribution doesn't have tangible stock, DD retailers, unlike b&m retailers, don't actually buy anything, which is why prices are publisher-set and sales have to be publisher-approved. The exception to this rule is when a store offers a greater discount by reducing its 30% margin, which is something you see regularly on GMG in the form of discount codes.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Anybody know roughly how much data is downloaded during the unlocking process for a game already pre-loaded?

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
It would seem.... That i accidentally deleted my cheats folder from my lappy.
I had walkthroughs for tons of games in it but i can still get th from gamefaqs :v

You can try using something like Recuva to get it back, if it wasn't too long ago.

Arthea

If there are funny things going on with prices, it's not GamersGate itself. Since digital distribution doesn't have tangible stock, DD retailers, unlike b&m retailers, don't actually buy anything, which is why prices are publisher-set and sales have to be publisher-approved. The exception to this rule is when a store offers a greater discount by reducing its 30% margin, which is something you see regularly on GMG in the form of discount codes.

so, you are saying that publishers do this? Basically they think that regional EU prices is not punishment enough? good to know!

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

I would imagine this isn't necessarily true. I would give a more affirmative answer but I am not privy to the exact details of each retailer.

I need game suggestions for a worktrip with a laptop w/o numpad! GPU is integrated of course so the games can't be too graphically intensive.

Besides the ones that have been already mentioned:

Cook, serve, delicious
Eletronic Super Joy
VVVVVV
Vector
Super Hexagon
Risk of rain

Also, essentially all point anc click adventures shuld be easily playable with a touchpad

Turfster

Anybody know roughly how much data is downloaded during the unlocking process for a game already pre-loaded?

Depends on the preload, really.
There's been preloads where a part was held back, but there's also been preloads where data just needed to be decrypted.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
so, you are saying that publishers do this? Basically they think that regional EU prices is not punishment enough? good to know!

Having looked into it, Remember Me has been $49.95 on GamersGate since launch. I'd say Capcom just hasn't gotten around to having the price changed.

I don't think any, it's just unencrypting the files as far as I know.

IIRC, during the decryption process Steam re-downloads any files that have been updated since the pre-load, so it can vary.

I would imagine this isn't necessarily true. I would give a more affirmative answer but I am not privy to the exact details of each retailer.

Well, I'd imagine there are also exceptions for special circumstances -- e.g. GMG is currently giving away a few games with select pre-orders, which I can only assume will be or have already been paid for.

Kiru

Steam key for "One Day For Ched" now available for everyone who got it from dailyindiegame.com. Maybe someone here bought it there.

Fantastapotamus

You obviously don't play Dota2 or TF2, the two big trading communities of Steam.

This is all too common.

My mother warned me of those things. People came to my school to rap about the dangers of Dota use. And I never accept hats from a stranger. So apparently I live a sheltered live. And I'm happy.

Chariot

I've become sadly addicted to looking through Steam community forums for dumb stuff, it's become almost to easy to find good stuff.

This guy "traded" for Shadow of Mordor, sounds okay, except he admits to scamming the other trader out of the game and tries to use Steam's TOS on outside Steam trading to justify it. Funny stuff. I should make a shit Steam forums says twitter or something.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/241930/discussions/0/613937942983910350/
I tried my best, but he has written more bullshit than my voice and my neighbors can withstand.

Momentary

Banned
Hyper Light Drifter is locked at 30fps... and it's killing me. It makes the controls feel really sluggish. I hope this is changed by release.

Fantastapotamus

Hyper Light Drifter is locked at 30fps... and it's killing me. It makes the controls feel really sluggish. I hope this is changed by release.

Why? Why would they do that? WHY?

Might as well make it a Windows Store exclusive now to completly break my heart.

Cheddahz

Banned
Is a locked framerate really going to affect how you like a game? Just play the game for fun and stop worrying about

Lomax

I had this happen to five games' cards now, that's why I say it's tendency:
trying to remember
it was Reversion, most weird of all Canyon Capers that is still free more or less, it had lower increase, but even that makes no sense, Sky Nations and some others I'm forgetting now.

Well, Sky Nations is extremely low volume, it looks like what few sell tend to be people dumping them cheap, but it always peaks back right around 11-12 cents. I've had a few Sky Nations cards sitting around because there's so few of them on the market I figure there's a chance eventually supply will dry up and the price may spike, though honestly it's probably more likely to be bundled again before that happens.

Glancing at the other games I'm not seeing any obvious movement beyond the typical price jitter, usually when you look at the volumes of cards at each price you can see where the prices peak at and I aim to price one cent below that, which is generally a little above what the current prices are. That used to result in fairly consistent sales within a few days but in recent months I've noticed I have to reprice a bit more often, so my general feeling is the market as a whole is continuing to decline (which one would expect). That's purely anecdotal though, and it's not like there's a massive change. I sort of expected a bit of a universal drop when IdleMaster came about, but I haven't seen anything obvious there either. Pretty much the only universal truth is that getting put in a bundle will cause a game's card prices to crash.

Hopefully you were able to sell all your cards at their peak prices though :)

Tenrius

If Symphony of the Night were to come to Steam, would you prefer original voices or the ones from Chronicles? TeamOG, here, something about Alucard's deep voice was/is mesmerizing.

What is a Steam user's library? A miserable little pile of unplayed games!

I'm not familiar with the more recent dub, but I'd like to see the original one, just because it's a (hilarious) piece of gaming history or some such thing.

Sendou

If Symphony of the Night were to come to Steam, would you prefer original voices or the ones from Chronicles? TeamOG, here, something about Alucard's deep voice was/is mesmerizing.

I'd like to see them allow choice in this matter.

Symphony of the Night on Steam would be great. Half-finished the game on 360.

Yeah, if I had opted for 4GB 670s back in the day I'd be happy to hold off until Nvidia's next line of GPUs, however as it stands there are already examples of games that require more than 2GB VRAM to max out, even at 1680x1050.

Could be worse. I have a 7950 with 3gigs. Its now always in the category of "its more... but is it enough?"

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I just had a crazy thought, but it just might work..

with MGS coming to Steam, what are the chances that we get Snatcher and Policenauts PC versions on Steam?

I thirst for Seed.

Those two games would actually be games where I would follow through with any "Day one" comments.

The choice is sort of obvious :p

Some impressions for Paranormal State: Poison Spring

Disclaimer: I know that this game is based on a television show, but have never watched the show (I discovered after playing it that this is a paranormal reality show, so it appears to be fiction played straight, as opposed to something that declares itself fiction.) So whether the likenesses are good or the characters voiced themselves, I don't know. That said:

You're not really missing much if you've seen any other spooky ghost show ever :p

Though the dumbest I've ever seen is this stupid bullshit. It's so bad.

It is now my birthday, feel free to shower me in praise :p

Happy birthday!

happy birthday ricochet

october lineup

alien
call of cthulhu
amnesia
rondo of blood
california games

4spooky6me

Daily Indie Game's daily deal is Soul Gambler, 1$ minimum, BTA (1.11$) for 2 Steam keys.
Looks... interesting.

Finally a post of mine will be useful.

I really wish this game was better than it was. It sounds like a cool idea: a story told via a choose your own adventure style game with comic book like graphics inspired by Goethe's version of Faust. But it ended up being really disappointing. I thought I would really love the artstyle, but it's shoddy at some points, and there's a complete lack of animation. Everything that I saw was fully motionless. The background music isn't really memorable either. The writing becomes a bit awkward at times, which is likely due to a poor English translation. There is some variety of choice for the events of the game, but both of the playthroughs I did had more or less the same ending, so I'm not entirely sure if there are multiple endings. I've seen other comments go either way with that, some saying that your choices matter while others saying that only a few of them actually do. And frankly I don't care enough to go back for a third playthrough of the game to find out if the choices matter or not. A single playthrough will probably last between 30 to 45 minutes; while it is short, it still felt like a drag to get through. The devs automatically upgraded everyone that had purchased it prior to its arrival on Steam to the edition with the artbook and ost, so that was neat. I've read a lot of comments saying that the game wouldn't run, but it worked perfectly fine for me; I can't say that those people were missing much though

If you enjoy games like Call of Duty but are looking for something bigger, EU4 is the game for you.

6ac996eba63befcc968edc3d9617f005a9a177165f025c473343029841771409.jpg

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
I've become sadly addicted to looking through Steam community forums for dumb stuff, it's become almost to easy to find good stuff.

This guy "traded" for Shadow of Mordor, sounds okay, except he admits to scamming the other trader out of the game and tries to use Steam's TOS on outside Steam trading to justify it. Funny stuff. I should make a shit Steam forums says twitter or something.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/241930/discussions/0/613937942983910350/

Holy shit this is amazing.

I can't even begin to imagine how deluded you have to be to think you're the victim when you scam someone.

vg260

Probably noted already, but Evil Within +Season Pass bundle is $65.98 at GMG.

Looks like there's not currently active 25% off code, or it would have brought it to $49.50. That would have been tempting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom