• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenrius

My money's on the Homeworld remake.

That would make a lot of sense, actually. If you look at his Twitter feed, he's reviewing Ancient Space now and saying that it's not as good as Homeworld (duh, nothing is as good as Homeworld). He also compliments the visuals of the game and expresses hopes that Gearbox takes note of that. Please be true.

derExperte

:lol

As far as I'm familiar with Oleg Zaytsev's writings, he's really into classics CRPGs like Baldur's Gate and other PC games of that era. All the big releases like Numenera and PoE still seem to be quite a ways from release though.

So Killing Floor 2 Early Access is confirmed then.

Homeworld is cool too of course. Just not THAT cool.

vazel

Banned
That would make a lot of sense, actually. If you look at his Twitter feed, he's reviewing Ancient Space now and saying that it's not as good as Homeworld (duh, nothing is as good as Homeworld). He also compliments the visuals of the game and expresses hopes that Gearbox takes note of that. Please be true.
It would line up with Homeworld remastered's original release date, so I hope it's true.

Shadownet

Banned
I've become sadly addicted to looking through Steam community forums for dumb stuff, it's become almost to easy to find good stuff.

This guy "traded" for Shadow of Mordor, sounds okay, except he admits to scamming the other trader out of the game and tries to use Steam's TOS on outside Steam trading to justify it. Funny stuff. I should make a shit Steam forums says twitter or something.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/241930/discussions/0/613937942983910350/

That reminds me of the GAF thread where the guy sold a code on ebay, and then at the last second got scared of getting scammed, so he used the code himself and completely ripped off the guy he sold it to, then tried to justify it.

Thank you for the good laugh to start my day.

I guess on the internet you either live long enough to get scammed, or die trying to justify that being a scammer is alright.

Tenrius

It's been five months since Kentucky Route Zero Act III was released. Five months! I wonder if they're going to make us wait for a whole year again?

Scipius

I remember my first time trying W1, the weird combat and wooden voice acting made me uninstall it during the tutorial section.

The Witcher games should be played with Polish voices and whatever subtitles you want; they're much better than the English ones.

Buying CK2, the EU4 Converter, and EU4 proper is a good motivation to make a bloodline from CK2 survive all the way to the end, into EU4. The prospect of making your own history is incredible, something I'm very happy Paradox have officially endorsed.

Though it will be difficult to give up the personalities, conflicts, and histories present in CK2 for a greater perspective and scope in EU4, the end-result means you can now be a cold-hearted and calculating ruler hell-bent on conquering the world.

One day I'll convert a save... one day.

The Witcher 1 sure has a slow start, I kinda want to drop it but I kept telling myself to finish it before W3 comes out.

Someone sell me on W1 so I can keep playing.
Unfortunately I'm in the same position with that game :/

There is a murder mystery that you need to see once in the big city of Vizima. The end-game is also really great. Basically, aside from rather simplistic combat, it is an incredible RPG.

Neutrality has a high price... one that is difficult to accept.

Some of the things Witcher 1 teases are only now coming to fruition in Witcher 3. CD Projekt RED's handling of the series as a whole has been amazing. If Bioware did the same with Mass Effect, I suspect the latter series would be a timeless classic instead of a mediocre fumble.

The Witcher games should be played with Polish voices and whatever subtitles you want; they're much better than the English ones.

I tried.. but I had already grown too attached to Geralt's wonderful English voice actor. He's too good to avoid. :(

Sajjaja

Some of the things Witcher 1 teases are only now coming to fruition in Witcher 3. CD Projekt RED's handling of the series as a whole has been amazing.

This is why I'm really fucking excited for TW3. HUGE plot pieces didn't come up in TW2 and the after credits scene in there just got me all hyped.

I enjoyed TW1 way more than TW2.
Even if you don't speak Polish? I remember being told the exact opposite, actually.

The English VAs are great imo. Thought I didn't like that they changed Triss' voice from TW1 in TW2.

Scipius

Even if you don't speak Polish? I remember being told the exact opposite, actually.

Yes, very much so. The developer went out of their way to create a proper subtitling system; even incidental, environmental dialogue is subtitled, so you miss very little.

Oleg Zaytsev of IGN Russia is teasing something on Twitter.

He's saying that a "coolest" PC exclusive is releasing this month and that it might be better than Wasteland 2 and Divinity, and also that it's not Civilization he's talking about. When asked for more details, he replied that he's not even supposed to know it's going to be an October release and that it still might be postponed. Definitely intriguing, although I have no idea what this might be (surely not Pillars of Eternity?). I also think that this is probably legitimate info, as I've been following this person for a while and he doesn't have a reason to be pulling anyone's leg like this.

My guess is that this came from one of the devs attending Igromir. It's a big gaming convention in Moscow which is happening right now, I'm actually going there myself tomorrow.

When is Age of Decadence going into full release? With CivBE out of the picture that's all I can think of that has even the wildest dreams of outclassing either Wasteland 2 or Divinity: Original Sin.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Well, this review sold me for EUIV

This game is all about watching one color get bigger than other colors. The color also a name attached to it, which you can watch get bigger as well. Some colors are stronger, other colors are more financially savvy, and other colors are better at conducting genocide. If this sounds like the sort of thing that sways your cardinal, than get it!

When steam says "up to Monday", they are referring to their PT Monday 10am time right?

Where did you get that idea?

They never used complete until it's done right?

kudoboi

He's saying that a "coolest" PC exclusive is releasing this month and that it might be better than Wasteland 2 and Divinity, and also that it's not Civilization he's talking about. When asked for more details, he replied that he's not even supposed to know it's going to be an October release and that it still might be postponed. Definitely intriguing, although I have no idea what this might be (surely not Pillars of Eternity?). I also think that this is probably legitimate info, as I've been following this person for a while and he doesn't have a reason to be pulling anyone's leg like this.

My guess is that this came from one of the devs attending Igromir. It's a big gaming convention in Moscow which is happening right now, I'm actually going there myself tomorrow.

half life 3? its the only game that came into my mind

Yeah I really didn't like Geralt's voice in english, though he's alot better in the trailers for 3.

And you get to learn some polish words, like how to say Witcher, bye, and yes. :D

Tenrius

When is Age of Decadence going into full release? With CivBE out of the picture that's all I can think of that has even the wildest dreams of outclassing either Wasteland 2 or Divinity: Original Sin.

I don't think it's an October release, because a lot of the game seems to be incomplete. However, this journalist wrote a very favorable preview of this game and even said that he got some "very interesting details" from Vince D. Weller he wasn't able disclose at the time of the writing, but promised to share them soon. That was on September 9 and IGN Russia didn't publish anything on the game since then , although there was a mention of a big upcoming interview with Weller in a material published a couple days after that.

Kaleinc

Banned
The Witcher 1 sure has a slow start, I kinda want to drop it but I kept telling myself to finish it before W3 comes out.

Someone sell me on W1 so I can keep playing.
Sure
r9Dlwcc.png

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I dont see them use the word Complete anywhere.

Whoops. My bad.

You will learn to fear the colour blue.

Paradox will happily sell you a "complete" game that's still under development. EU3 had 4 expansions and the "complete" edition was released after only the first 2 were out.

Hah true.

The collection itself doesn't have three stuff (the deluxe upgrade, pre-order pack, and call to arms pack). Was wondering why the DLC has 19 (22 minus the 2 e-books and 1 free song) while the collection only has 16.

Tenrius

Homeworld outclasses pretty much anything

*takes off rosetinted glasses*
yup, still does (><)

Word. It's a pity the secret best game of the series (Cataclysm) is stuck in some kind of limbo and is not getting remade or even re-released.

AHA-Lambda

On a more realistic take, I'm guessing Dreamfall Chapters

Tenrius

On a more realistic take, I'm guessing Dreamfall Chapters

Nope, he already said it wasn't that. It's also not Jagged Alliance and nor is it Routine or Stasis (I have no idea what these last two games are, but someone on Twitter apparently does).

kevin1025

Banned
I'll throw in my two cents on the mystery game: Left 4 Dead 3. Given the "holiday" this month, and some slip ups where we saw the game being played, and the amount of time since the last game, that would be a nice PC exclusive surprise.

Nope, he already said it wasn't that. It's also not Jagged Alliance and nor is it Routine or Stasis (I have no idea what these last two games are, but someone on Twitter apparently does).

Routine is an FP horror game set on a space station, Stasis is an isometric horror adventure, also set on a space station or ship. It's worth looking up both for the visuals alone.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'll throw in my two cents on the mystery game: Left 4 Dead 3. Given the "holiday" this month, and some slip ups where we saw the game being played, and the amount of time since the last game, that would be a nice PC exclusive surprise.

L4D3 isn't going to be PC-exclusive. Historically Valve has been really quite terrible at supporting the console versions of its games, but even assuming this apathetic attitude continues into the current generation, L4D3 isn't going to skip the PS4 and X1 entirely.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Okay, my actual is that it's either going to be something extremly underwhelming or not even happening at all.

L4D3 isn't going to be PC-exclusive. Historically Valve has been really quite terrible at supporting the console versions of its games, but even assuming this trend continues with the current generation, L4D3 isn't going to skip the PS4 and X1 entirely.

Yeah Valve has 0 reason to keep their games off the consoles. It really doesn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom