• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattyG

Banned
I found something called the "Payday 2 Ultimate Steal Edition" for Steam in stores for $20. Anyone know exactly what it includes? I searched and couldnt find any specifics. It says it has the game and DLC, but it doesn't say which ones.

I've been dying to play it on PC (played it on PS3, but that version sucked and I played solo), and this Hotline Miami DLC has finally pushed me over the edge.

I tried my best, but he has written more bullshit than my voice and my neighbors can withstand.
That was beautiful.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So how is everyone getting on with the new version of Enhanced Steam (besides the issue with the curators section on the home page)?

I've got a lot of feedback so far this morning and I'll be releasing another new version to address a lot of these issues later this afternoon. In the mean time, I'm adding this:

HlLhZXF.png

so you'll be able to select exactly what you'd like to see on the "All New Releases" section.

Vazduh

I found something called the "Payday 2 Ultimate Steal Edition" for Steam in stores for $20. Anyone know exactly what it includes? I searched and couldnt find any specifics. It says it has the game and DLC, but it doesn't say which ones.

I've been dying to play it on PC (played it on PS3, but that version sucked and I played solo), and this Hotline Miami DLC has finally pushed me over the edge.

IIRC, only paid DLC that is included in this pack is "Armored transport".

Saty

so you'll be able to select exactly what you'd like to see on the "All New Releases" section.
That's great.

Is there a chance to bring back pages in those tab lists? Sort of iffy you need to go to a different page to see more than 10 games and then you need to go back to the main page and go to another page after to see more than 10 games of the other tabs.

Jawmuncher

So how is everyone getting on with the new version of Enhanced Steam (besides the issue with the curators section on the home page)?

I've got a lot of feedback so far this morning and I'll be releasing another new version to address a lot of these issues later this afternoon. In the mean time, I'm adding this:

I was already loving it and now this makes it even better!

Hesemonni

Banned
What genre? What age?

Fallout 1 and 2, any Civ game, and anything by Spiderweb.
FTL: Faster than light
Binding of Isaac
SpaceChem
Papers Please

Perfect for start-stop playing on the move.
LYNE
Plants Vs Zombies
Broforce
Super Puzzle Platformer
Offspring FlinHammerwatch maybe?
Cool. Most of the games I have on backlog via numerous bundles. Thanks for the suggestions guys.

FTL being one of my all time favorite games I have never tried it on Keyboard only. Can't see it being playable keyboard only. Or am I wrong?

Tenrius

It looks like Crusaders II, should I expect it like that but with less sex scandals and backstabbing?

Well, I've only bought EUIV just now myself, but judging by my extensive experience with EUIII, it is indeed pretty similar. All Paradox games are similar in core, it is some important mechanics and details that fluctuate. In the EU series, you typically have the whole world available to you and it has a big focus on setting up trade routes and establishing colonies, with a smaller amount of micromanagement than in Crusader Kings and Victoria.

Cool. Most of the games I have on backlog via numerous bundles. Thanks for the suggestions guys.

FTL being one of my all time favorite games I have never tried it on Keyboard only. Can't see it being playable keyboard only. Or am I wrong?

Due to pausing, the trackpad won't be as much of an issue I think.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Well, I've only bought EUIV just now myself, but judging by my extensive experience with EUIII, it is indeed pretty similar. All Paradox games are similar in core, it is some important mechanics and details that fluctuate. In the EU series, you typically have the whole world available to you and it has a big focus on setting up trade routes and establishing colonies, with a smaller amount of micromanagement than in Crusader Kings and Victoria.

Well there is that CK2 exporter tool to EU4 they charge 10$ for lol. So i imagine the games must share a lot of baseline functions to be able to continue in the years with your empire.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
That's great.

Is there a chance to bring back pages in those tab lists? Sort of iffy you need to go to a different page to see more than 10 games and then you need to go back to the main page and go to another page after to see more than 10 games of the other tabs.

It might be possible, but it'd be a significant change since Valve removed the functionality themselves. I'll put it on my radar, but it definitely won't make it into the next version.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

Ah so it's less about genealogy and more on colonization then?

I'll pick the complete edition, but I hope the sale is still up in monday since there's no bank.

~Kinggi~

Banned

I'll pick the complete edition, but I hope the sale is still up in monday since there's no bank.
Keep in mind the EU4 complete edition isnt complete. These guys release insane amounts of DLC and expansions. I bought a complete edition of CK 2 and i own only around half the DLC.

MattyG

Banned
Note that you can join games of DLC you don't own, only hosting doesn't work so for a beginner it doesn't matter.
Huh, interesting. The only DLC I'm really interested in right now is the Hotline Miami one, I'll probably grab the rest when they go on sale. The only reason I'm considering waiting is that Crimefest is the 18th, I'm wondering if there aren't going to be huge discounts on everything then.

The Witcher 1 sure has a slow start, I kinda want to drop it but I kept telling myself to finish it before W3 comes out.

Someone sell me on W1 so I can keep playing.

Vazduh

Well that kind of sucks. But $20 isn't bad for the game and 1 DLC I guess.

On 18th of October there will be third anniversary of payday (Crimefest), hopefully game will go on sale that day (it went on sale this summer for 80%). Also, first payday will be given for free that day.

Saty

It might be possible, but it'd be a significant change since Valve removed the functionality themselves. I'll put it on my radar, but it definitely won't make it into the next version.
Dunno why they designed in like that. Couldn't they have infinite-scrolling (or up until some number) inside those tabs and also have a link for another page like they have now?

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
The Witcher 1 sure has a slow start, I kinda want to drop it but I kept telling myself to finish it before W3 comes out.

It's one of the best modern RPGs I've ver played. Act 1 is kinda boring but after that I really fell in love with the game (I also read the books so that helped). But it's seriously one of my favourite RPGs of all time.

Is the PS3 HD version not an option for you?

it is but i don't want to buy any more games for my ps3 since i'll probably sell it soon and there's no bc on ps4, dragon's dogma and mgs4 are the only games keeping me from selling it at the moment

i just hope kojima announces legacy for next gen and pc after mgs5 is shipped

MattyG

Banned
On 18th of October there will be third anniversary of payday (Crimefest), hopefully game will go on sale that day (it went on sale this summer for 80%). Also, first payday will be given for free that day.
Ok, that's what I figured. I'll just wait then, I'll have Alien and The Evil Within keeping me busy till then, no point in buying it now.

Tenrius

There's like none of that in EU. You have one ruler per country and that's it.

Well there is that CK2 exporter tool to EU4 they charge 10$ for lol. So i imagine the games must share a lot of baseline functions to be able to continue in the years with your empire.

I think it's mostly the world map and the, well, technologies, money, etc that are shared between those games. Then again, I haven't really looked in to EUIV yet, this is how it worked in EU3/HOI2/Victoria.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Keep in mind the EU4 complete edition isnt complete. These guys release insane amounts of DLC and expansions. I bought a complete edition of CK 2 and i own only around half the DLC.

I thought they're done with UE4?

There's like none of that in EU. You have one ruler per country and that's it.

Ah okay.

They're pretty much done with CK2 right? No more expansions and such?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

It took me a good few tries to get into the game myself, but I'm glad I stuck with it as once it "clicked" I loved every minute.

I couldn't get through it, so I just went to W2. I didn't want to force myself to play something I wasn't enjoying

Jadax

All this CK2 talk is making me regret never really putting time into it. I never really got the game - I played as a king or something in Ireland, married off my son/closest aide to underage girls (which is kind of weird), then just waited and waited and waited.

Finally got bored with absolutely nothing going on, attacked a small part of England that didn't belong to me and the war itself was taking so long I just lost interest.

I think the problem was that the tutorial doesn't prepare you for all the waiting.

I still don't understand the game.

Tenrius

Oleg Zaytsev of IGN Russia is teasing something on Twitter.

He's saying that a "coolest" PC exclusive is releasing this month and that it might be better than Wasteland 2 and Divinity, and also that it's not Civilization he's talking about. When asked for more details, he replied that he's not even supposed to know it's going to be an October release and that it still might be postponed. Definitely intriguing, although I have no idea what this might be (surely not Pillars of Eternity?). I also think that this is probably legitimate info, as I've been following this person for a while and he doesn't have a reason to be pulling anyone's leg like this.

My guess is that this came from one of the devs attending Igromir. It's a big gaming convention in Moscow which is happening right now, I'm actually going there myself tomorrow.

~Kinggi~

Banned

He's saying that a "coolest" PC exclusive is releasing this month and that it might be better than Wasteland 2 and Divinity, and also that it's not Civilization he's talking about. When asked for more details, he replied that he's not even supposed to know it's going to be an October release and that it still might be postponed. Definitely intriguing, although I have no idea what this might be (surely not Pillars of Eternity?). I also think that this is probably legitimate info, I've been following this person for a while and he doesn't have a reason to be pulling anyone's leg for no reason like this.

My guess that this came from one of the devs attending Igromir. It's a big gaming convention in Moscow which is happening right now, I'm actually going there myself tomorrow.

Im intrigued. We need detectives.

Sajjaja

It's story and world are way better than 2.
The beginning is boring, but once the story picks ups, it goes off. Finish it.

derExperte

He's saying that a "coolest" PC exclusive is releasing this month and that it might be better than Wasteland 2 and Divinity, and also that it's not Civilization he's talking about. When asked for more details, he replied that he's not even supposed to know it's going to be an October release and that it still might be postponed. Definitely intriguing, although I have no idea what this might be (surely not Pillars of Eternity?). I also think that this is probably legitimate info, I've been following this person for a while and he doesn't have a reason to be pulling anyone's leg for no reason like this.

My guess that this came from one of the devs attending Igromir. It's a big gaming convention in Moscow which is happening right now, I'm actually going there myself tomorrow.

Killing Floor 2 Early Access?

Fantastapotamus

He's saying that a "coolest" PC exclusive is releasing this month and that it might be better than Wasteland 2 and Divinity, and also that it's not Civilization he's talking about. When asked for more details, he replied that he's not even supposed to know it's going to be an October release and that it still might be postponed. Definitely intriguing, although I have no idea what this might be (surely not Pillars of Eternity?). I also think that this is probably legitimate info, as I've been following this person for a while and he doesn't have a reason to be pulling anyone's leg like this.

My guess is that this came from one of the devs attending Igromir. It's a big gaming convention in Moscow which is happening right now, I'm actually going there myself tomorrow.

Stalker 2
I wish this was true

yuraya

Probably some horror game as stealth release during Halloween sale.

Tenrius

Killing Floor 2 Early Access?

:lol

As far as I'm familiar with Oleg Zaytsev's writings, he's really into classics CRPGs like Baldur's Gate and other PC games of that era. All the big releases like Numenera and PoE still seem to be quite a ways from release though.

Fantastapotamus

:lol

As far as I'm familiar with Oleg Zaytsev's writings, he's really into classics CRPGs like Baldur's Gate and other PC games of that era. All the big releases like Numenera and PoE still seem to be quite a ways from release though.

Comparing it to Divinity and Wasteland also makes me think he is talking about some RPG but I have no idea which.
It can't be that Icewind Dale remastered thing right? That would be pretty weird. Then again IGN Russia...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom