• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asgaro

go home and scream to your mom at gunpoint: "PAPERS, PLEASE".
then run with the papers and go fight in the north.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Asgaro, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gone Home -- MB-76FECA8ADCCF0CEC - Taken by MillionStabs. 12 entrants total.
Gunpoint -- MB-C7EF5A6447ABEF4E - Taken by S1n1st3r. 3 entrants total.
Papers, Please -- MB-F312F3A29F4EDC3A - Taken by fspm. 13 entrants total.
The Lord of the Rings: War in the North -- MB-78293CDF4A07B672 - Taken by Porcupine. 9 entrants total.

t1412437716z1.png

Miguel81

If I rememembr correctly, the first Silent Hill is a shared property between Konami and Sony. Most of the staff who worked on that game joined Sony Studio Japan (making Siren games) and they had an agreement not to use tehir work aka this Silent Hill on other non Sony Platforms, that is why it only re-releases on Sony platforms only. So don't count on it being released on other platforms and especially after this long long long time.

He was talking about 2, 3, and 4. Those are the ones that have existing ports.

Arthea

OK, that's weird, amazon insist that there is account using my e-mail, while I'm pretty sure I never registered. Should I be concerned?

I'm putting the finishing touches on the newest version of Enhanced Steam. Hopefully it'll be ready to ship within the next hour or so but I may wait til tomorrow. This is a pretty significant version with quite a few new features so I'm trying to test everything I can as thoroughly as possible before release.

Unfortunately there is a bit more functionality that will be lost, thanks to Valve changing things. I hope people still like it.....

I hope your inbox is ready for the hate mail.

The game has almost nothing to do witch chemistry, it's more about programming, optimization and process management.

Good thing my boss doesn't use SpaceChem or I'd be fucked.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
If I rememembr correctly, the first Silent Hill is a shared property between Konami and Sony. Most of the staff who worked on that game joined Sony Studio Japan (making Siren games) and they had an agreement not to use tehir work aka this Silent Hill on other non Sony Platforms, that is why it only re-releases on Sony platforms only. So don't count on it being released on other platforms and especially after this long long long time.
I'm pretty sure Team Silent who made Silent Hill 1 went on to make Silent Hill 2, not Siren.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
My friends are going to be playing Shadow of Mordor on the PS4 while I wait for a price drop on Steam. The game is already cheaper on BR Steam than on PSN, but such is life.

I'm pretty sure Team Silent who made Silent Hill 1 went on to make Silent Hill 2, not Siren.

No, this the real truth, the team was divided more than half joined Sony and the rest made Silent Hill 2. In Siren, they used the same siren warning they came up with in the first Silent Hill .

Arthea

I double and triple checked, I never registered on Amazon with that e-mail. I "recovered" said account, as far as I can see it's empty, no info, no purchases, no anything.
That's some spooky halloween shit, and it's not even halloween (><)

edited: btw, can I check on Amazon when account is created? I can't find

GTR (not claimed yet)
Please enter for it and claim it, I really need someone to get at leats one game from me so I can be eligible to enter givers only giveaways, thanks

ModBot said:
Instructions for PLASTICA-MAN:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PLASTICA-MAN, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

GTR Evolution -- MB-12D93C80DB3CF877 - Taken by texhnolyze. 4 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for GTR Evolution was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1412428945z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I double and triple checked, I never registered on Amazon with that e-mail. I "recovered" said account, as far as I can see it's empty, no info, no purchases, no anything.

I don't think so. Even user profiles don't have join date info.

Amazon 0 click buy, so fast they even create the account for you.

Lomax

The fact that the steam forums for Costume Quest 2 of all things are a nightmarish hellscape proves that the internet can ruin anything.

Sorry for another Newbie question.

Lately, I have been buying cards to complete the requirements for badges of the games that I like. Almost always selling Anime cards, and others that I don't like. I am complimenting idlemaster and a few purchases here and there to get to it. Now my question is, Should I create badges now or do the crafting big time during Steam events (Winter Seal and the like)?

I have only started giving attention to my PC library lately so I don't know what I generally get from this.

Lately, I have been buying cards to complete the requirements for badges of the games that I like. Almost always selling Anime cards, and others that I don't like. I am complimenting idlemaster and a few purchases here and there to get to it. Now my question is, Should I create badges now or do the crafting big time during events?

I have only started giving attention to my PC library lately so I don't know what I generally get from this.
I have 4 ready and I'm waiting for christmas sale to craft them.
I have no hurry to craft them and I might get some metagame stuff then.

Lately, I have been buying cards to complete the requirements for badges of the games that I like. Almost always selling Anime cards, and others that I don't like. I am complimenting idlemaster and a few purchases here and there to get to it. Now my question is, Should I create badges now or do the crafting big time during Steam events (Winter Seal and the like)?

If Valve keeps the trend wait until a bit before the Winter Sale, crafting badges will give you a seasonal card that you can sell high before the market is flooded.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Unless you need the friend list slots or are hoping for a particular coupon, save the badge crafting for the 9 days before the Winter Sale as this is when coupons as a crafting reward will be replaced with Mystery Cards. If you get in quick you can sell them for a nice price and come the start of the Winter Sale they'll automagically turn into sale cards.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?

It's possible Valve will never reward you for badge crafting during a sale ever again, and the only value for badges other than having them on your badge page are the benefits of raising your Steam level.

The higher your Steam level, the more friends you can have on your friends list, the more showcases on your profile, and the more likely you are to get booster packs randomly.

If you don't need any of those benefits and don't particularly want the badge in a hurry, it costs you nothing to wait for the Holiday sale and there's a good chance any cards you need will be cheaper then any way.

Arthea

Buy cards you need now (as their prices slightly increase at the start of sales), craft badges during sale for additional sale cards and other items, unless volvo will decide to change system this time around. If not, you want to craft them during winter/summer sales.
Also you don't like anime cards? *looks at avatar, looks again* nope, don't understand

edited: so badly beaten by the gang...

Grief.exe

So I stopped getting achievements in DMC at one point, now looks like I am not earning them for Shadow of Mordor either.

This is strange.

Thanks for the replies guys. I am not that keen on getting coupons for games now, nor do I'm in need of a friend number boost so I'll just craft on Steam events. I'm not that keen on earning either, as my spending on the store eclipses the money I get from cards.
`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Also you don't like anime cards? *looks at avatar, looks again* nope, don't understand
Well they have such high monetary value (e.g. the recent Go! Go! Nippon game) so I just took the practical route. I can craft many badges from a single sale of an Anime card and even have the money to gift a game or two to my friends.

So wait, Lost Planet 3 has some kind of always online thing going on? I lost my connection for like a second and it quit my current game and brought me back to the start screen with some message saying "a sign in change has occurred". What's the deal with that?

Lomax

Unmarked spoilers or unreasonable complaints?

Just typical stupidity, "Tim doesn't like consumers" "Why waste time on this when you should make Psychonauts 2" and so forth. Though the popular topics page does make it seem a bit worse than the full discussions page does.

I still can't decide if I want to buy it now or not, I loved the first one and want to support the fact that they made another one, but I've already spend too much out of pocket on games recently and I still need to get Isaac Rebirth.

Arthea

bear with me a little longer, Amazon requires phone number too, in addition to a valid address. It has to be real US phone number too?

Just try 111-111-1111

or google some shitty company and put down their phone number.

I just made up a phone number after your suggestion and it seems that was enough

one last question: I should use real billing address as far as I can remember, that's not a problem if it's not US address, yes?

Hellraider

So, two days ago I bought A realm Reborn as an inventory gift. Well, it's not there. I am on the wait for an answer from Valve support.

What I want to ask is, is it a usual phenomenon for games to disappear from the inventory? I really don't think there'll be a problem when all is said a done, but I'm curious if this has happened to anyone before.

bear with me a little longer, Amazon requires phone number too, in addition to a valid address. It has to be real US phone number too?
Yeah, it has to be real US phone number too. What I've done is find a business with a phone number owned by a compatriot just in case Amazon comes-a-knockin'.

Li Kao

So uh, I have no idea how this work or if the game handle meet up well, but wouldn't some gaffers like to play some Garden Warfare ? Didn't really click with me but it has the potential to be really fun.

Locust

So, two days ago I bought A realm Reborn as an inventory gift. Well, it's not there. I am on the wait for an answer from Valve support.

What I want to ask is, is it a usual phenomenon for games to disappear from the inventory? I really don't think there'll be a problem when all is said a done, but I'm curious if this has happened to anyone before.
Once during the summer sale when the servers were being hammered. I traded for a castle crashers 4 pack which I activated fine and got and kept the 3 extra copies, but the battleblock theater bundle I got in the same trade went poof and the trade doesn't show in trade history either.

Hesemonni

Banned
I need game suggestions for a worktrip with a laptop w/o numpad! GPU is integrated of course so the games can't be too graphically intensive.

Lomax

is there a game like micro machines on steam?

Little racers street is similar I think, check it out.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/262690/

Yeah, Little Racers Street is surprisingly solid and quite fun. It's been bundled a lot, there's probably still a Bundlestars bundle out there with it or you may even search some of the older steam threads for unclaimed keys.

Daily Indie Game's daily deal is Soul Gambler, 1$ minimum, BTA (1.11$) for 2 Steam keys.
Looks... interesting.

I played through it once, it was pretty decent for what it was. It gives the impression that your decisions make a pretty substantial difference in how the story flows and the results, but I haven't tried it again to find out. One playthrough was about 30-45 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom