• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

I swear the ETA for my ff13 download was an hour before I paused it to upload some shit.

Resumed and now it's at 3hours, fuck.

Shadownet

Banned
I got good news and bad news.

good news is I backed up Witcher 2 a while ago, so I don't have to redownload it. better news, I also saved Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas.

bad news is I should have done that to all my other games as well.

Dr Dogg

Well that's just great. I find out that Kotaku have stolen my idea (granted that was posted in a Kotaku based thread).

Yeah but fuck it. I love the game. I think I have some form of Stockholm Syndrome. Hopefully people kicking up shit about it will make them think more about XIII-2 and LR.

Fingers crossed. No idea when those two are coming out but they haven't specified any dates. To be fair I'd be happy with just the ability to select my own rendering resoltuion.

Ubisoft saying 30fps is better than 60fps
The Evil Within is locked to 30fps on PC, recommends 4GB VRAM
FFXIII is locked to 720p

All this within a few days. I don't get it. What are these people doing? How do these people have a job? How are they making money?

FFXIII is locked to 720p

All this within a few days. I don't get it. What are these people doing? How do these people have a job?

I've been asking myself the same question. I'm half-considering emailing Ubisoft's HR department with my resume - maybe they could hire me as a new PR rep so I could tell them to stop fucking up so royally.

AkuMifune

Banned
Game of Thrones $4.99 with $5.67 in my steam wallet.

Looks like the price is finally right, Bob.

In before price is wrong bitch.gif

Dr Dogg

a 30 fps racing game?

wot

I could name you loads. Burnout Paradise and Need for Speed Most Wanted by Criteron on consoles went that route for more eye candy. Forza Horizon 2 and Drive Club just released recently both are as well. Split/Second is locked everywhere with no fix that I'm aware off. And of course there was Need for Speed Rivals which was clamped down everywhere (though unlockable with some oddness still on PC). Plus I'm sure there's more.

I think The Crew is 30 on consoles and the option of 30 or 60 on PC bit was only 30 during the beta.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
FFXIII is locked to 720p

All this within a few days. I don't get it. What are these people doing? How do these people have a job? How are they making money?
What? even cutscenes?

Arthea

FFXIII is locked to 720p

From those three I find jump in VRAM requirements most disturbing.
As for Ubi, what you expect them to say? We are not putting too much work into this, because you'll buy it regardless? (><)
Of course they are going to try to justify what they do.
As for FF13 being a cheap port, price and lack of buzz was very good indication of what we are getting, we just didn't want to accept that, or I didn't.
While 4-6GB VRAM requirements baffle me, so far I haven't seen increase in visual quality to require such jumps, then again maybe I'm just not seeing it.

louiedog

FFXIII is locked to 720p

All it takes to convince people of something is to repeat it and say it with authority. People believe all sorts of things just because people tell them so. It happens in many parts of life.

I actually don't even care that those games are 30fps, but I don't agree with any of the reasons, or even the statement of fact, that it's better or as good.

MayMay

Banned
The beta was locked to 30fps.

Does not bode well.

You can easily unlock that one to 60 though, just something in the ini. And I didnt notice any big problems and I've been playing the game quite alot in various different betas lol

__

The FFXIII situation.. its odd how good looking the game is - even for the 720p. Every other game I play on 720p is a blurry mess - but this isnt. I wouldnt have been able to tell that its not 1080p if it werent for the overlay. Now I'm waiting for Durante to release the GeDoSaTo update for 4K though. He's making good progress.

Arthea

I could name you loads. Burnout Paradise and Need for Speed Most Wanted by Criteron on consoles went that route for more eye candy. Forza Horizon 2 and Drive Club just released recently both are as well. Split/Second is locked everywhere with no fix that I'm aware off. And of course there was Need for Spped Rivals which was clamped down everywhere (though unlockable with some oddness still on PC). Plus I'm sure there's more.

I think The Crew is 30 on consoles and the option of 30 or 60 on PC bit was only 30 during the beta.

I'm getting a little tired of this. 30fps isn't anything game breaking in most cases, even if some people hate it.
It's good to want things, but it's not that good constantly to whine that things aren't as supposed to be. Most of the time they aren't, in anything, that's how reality rolls (><)

For example if you could get your dream game running at 30fps or not at all, which option would you pick?
Exactly! you see, not that important after all.

fake edit: Doggie that wasn't directed at you, I just happened to quote your post out of habit. ;)

MayMay

Banned
Talking 'bout Avatars, someone on Gaf stole mine. ;_; I forgot the name though, so whatever. And chances are Ill never come across that person again - its no one from SteamGAF lol
Its my avatar, but without the sexy transparency and a red background.

Turfster

Man, I wish I'd known about the
invisiblity power
during the first mission in Styx. You can use it from the second zone when you replay it, in case you were wondering, which explains those annoying coins =p
Doing the whole mission in 18 minutes is bullshit tho, maybe if you're fully maxed out on powers...
And then I did it with 3 seconds to spare, just like in bad action movies =p

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Battlepaths -- MB-9B3418D86E7B9123 - Taken by anastef
Major Mayhem -- MB-8D44E5198D518411 - Taken by bluechox2
Power-up -- MB-DDDE4185837311DE - Taken by Maniac

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Battlepaths was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Major Mayhem was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Power-up was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Arthea

oh noooooooooooooooooo

edit: back to the major arcana I go

can I suggest better one?
iIOZzOQkR1xvv.png

Ozium

Now all you do is give homing tears for a room, so useless. Let's get Justice or The Hierophant up in here.

fuck binding of isaac, final fantasy and other things that misuse and/or destroy the history of arcane objects, myths or beings.

at least SMT shows demons and myths proper respect.

Fingers crossed. No idea when those two are coming out but they haven't specified any dates. To be fair I'd be happy with just the ability to select my own rendering resoltuion.

I'd just be happy if the game actually ran at 60fps. I'm getting dips to 18 in battles when I can get 60 on a maxed out Shadow of Mordor. :(

Speaking of avatars, has there been any video coverage of that Legend of Korra game? I mean, I know Platinum is developing it, but it's also a licensed game so that could easily cancel the goodness out...

You need to post this in the "Sell someone on a game with a single .gif" thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom