• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozium

Sunless Sea STEEL update is live, no longer just in beta... This brings real time combat to the game..

Today's "Steel" update is the response, the first iteration of a real-time combat system that has you maneuvering to keep the enemy in range before delivering killer blows with your ship's weapons. Combat rewards have also been retuned to make it less likely to drive your crew to insanity, though it's early, so expect limited animation, sounds, and monster attacks.

The update also adds ten new islands, with their own stories to discover.

Here's a video demonstrating the combat

Ozium

that Chivlary update added 5 new maps (from the mapmaking contest they had going)

FOR AGAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Levyne

Banned
Buying new headphones. Trying to decide between HyperX Cloud and Sennheiser HD 518.
Any suggestions?

I have sennheiser 558's and they are really comfortable and they are also open canned like I prefer. I'm not much of an audiophile though so I can't really get more specific...combined with my sound card the positional audio seems really great most of the time.

Shadownet

Banned
Reading much? :p. It unlocks the resolution which was previously locked to 720p
Yeah see until iosefe explained what GeDoSaTo stands for I had no idea what that meant. That's why I was confused.

Thread title:
Final Fantasy XIII resolution unlocking (GeDoSaTo plugin) released

Current features:
Arbitrary rendering and presentation resolutions (only 16:9 though)
HUD hiding (using the normal GeDoSaTo keybindings)
I can understand the term resolution unlocking, but I had no idea what "Arbitrary rendering and presentation resolutions" and "GeDoSaTo" meant until now.

it's a resolution modfication program
Generic Down Sampling Tool
Ah thank you for the explanation. You guys gotta remember I know almost nothing about mods so most of this stuff sounds like alien language to me.

I was like.. What the heck is GeDoSaTo?

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah i tried to warn durantethe name he came up with was total shit but he didn't listen

durantemod sounds much better

GaussTek

I know everyone is busy enjoying Lightning and her adventures, but here's a little neat game for you to try between your FFXIII sessions :p

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (GaussTek, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gunman Clive -- MB-D96FC80CDDAB3B0D - Taken by Sarcasm. 3 entrants total.

t1412897265z1.png

Lomax

So apparently there's another Spiders RPG on Steam I'd never noticed before (Apparently it was their first game but just released on Steam in the summer):

It has generally positive reviews and is only $2.50, so I'm thinking about picking it up. I enjoyed Mars: War Logs and I'm still holding out for $5 on Of Orcs and Men, so anyone by chance have an opinion? Apparently this one is turn based.

Jawmuncher

So apparently there's another Spiders RPG on Steam I'd never noticed before (Apparently it was their first game but just released on Steam in the summer):

It has generally positive reviews and is only $2.50, so I'm thinking about picking it up. I enjoyed Mars: War Logs and I'm still holding out for $5 on Of Orcs and Men, so anyone by chance have an opinion? Apparently this one is turn based.

Actually heard a lot of good things back when it released on 360.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

I played the demo on XBLA and found that it was simple and a little ugly, but still enjoyable. It was on my "I'll pick it up eventually list", and I was really glad to see when it was added to Steam. Bought it earlier today. I don't think I'll play it any time soon, but still, I suspect your reason for asking for an opinion on a $2.50 game isn't to get feedback that it's the best game ever made and a must buy, but rather something like this.

BHK3

Banned
Anyone on the fence for Costume Quest 2 should get it now since they patched one of the bigger problems with it, and it's getting cards Tuesday. In the original you would get all your hp back after every fight, in 2 you wouldn't and would have to go to a fountain after every single fight but now you just eat some candy and it's all good.

5c0e65cfbb.png

Seeing FF13 now and playing it a few years ago I found it quite sad, that all the other JRPGs looked more like a mix between PS2 and PS3 graphics.

Played Tales of Xillia lately and that... really looks quite bad compared to FF13.

Lomax

Actually heard a lot of good things back when it released on 360.

I played the demo on XBLA and found that it was simple and a little ugly, but still enjoyable. It was on my "I'll pick it up eventually list", and I was really glad to see when it was added to Steam. Bought it earlier today. I don't think I'll play it any time soon, but still, I suspect your reason for asking for an opinion on a $2.50 game isn't to get feedback that it's the best game ever made and a must buy, but rather something like this.

Cool, thanks, that's exactly what I was wondering. I'll give it a shot.

why the hell is that quote redirecting to a 2008 poligaf post

please tell me i didn't lose my mind

If you quote zyklon's post, you'll se that the number inside the
is 133649783. Shadownet must have deleted the last digit, because it's the page ID that you can see on the 2008 post's URL.

I've done the same with this quote... I wonder where will it take us? :p

EDIT: Meh, a thread about CliffyB saying stuff :/

JustinBB7

Anyone on the fence for Costume Quest 2 should get it now since they patched one of the bigger problems with it, and it's getting cards Tuesday. In the original you would get all your hp back after every fight, in 2 you wouldn't and would have to go to a fountain after every single fight but now you just eat some candy and it's all good.

5c0e65cfbb.png

Seems rushed as fuck judging by this list. Glad I didn't buy it early lol.

Grief.exe

Killing Floor 2 looking sadistically blodily good. They did an insane job using UE2 and now they did the same using UE3. I can't imagine what they can do using UE4
(I hope they won't use it when it is time is over and UE5 comes just like how they used UE2 in UE3 and UE3 in UE4 era -_-).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qx_J4F9xe8g#t=294

I am so ready for another Killing Floor. Nothing like sitting back with a few friends and grinding some zombies.

Just installed The Testament of Sherlock Holmes and it's not working WTF??!!
Press play and it says preparing to launch and screen disappears. Help!

Sajjaja

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom