• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

It's decent. I think Colonial Marines made people appreciate it more.

Yeah it's definitley a lot better than people gave it credit for back in the day.
Especially the Marine campaign which was pretty good.

Can't remember much about the Alien and Predator campaigns.
But I know for sure predator was the weakest.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Play Styx.
Srsly.
It's almost the game we hoped Asscrud was.
(It's a bit jankier, but then it doesn't have the population of a small country working on it, or the GNP of one as budget)

What are you using for AA? I was going to downsample using GeDoSaTo but no matter what I try I can't get the program to acknowledge that the game is running.

Turfster

What are you using for AA? I was going to downsample using GeDoSaTo but no matter what I try I can't get the program to acknowledge that the game is running.

Nothing at the moment, since I haven't gotten anything to work with it and then I just gave up and played the game instead ;)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Adding a quit option in the menu is tough.

Alternatively: HD menu options are hard.

Nothing at the moment, since I haven't gotten anything to work with it and then I just gave up and played the game instead ;)

Yeah, the game doesn't exactly have a lot of high-contrast edges so the lack of AA isn't bothersome to me. Cyanide started working on a patch yesterday, though, so maybe it'll fix things.

MattyG

Banned
Just started watching Frankie's DayZ (mod) videos again, and now I really want to get back to it. I never really played the mod, but I've got like 30 hours in SA. I want to try Lingor and some of the other maps. Do any of you guys still play? Once the fall release onslaught is over, I might try to get a small group together to play, because I don't think I can do 30 more hours solo.

Just started watching Frankie's DayZ (mod) videos again, and now I really want to get back to it. I never really played the mod, but I've got like 30 hours in SA. I want to try Lingor and some of the other maps. Do any of you guys still play? Once the fall release onslaught is over, I might try to get a small group together to play, because I don't think I can do 30 more hours solo.

The mod is filled with hackers while the stand alone is a bug fest

Zafir

Aww man. IGN finally realised I'd been getting free IGN prime for like 5 odd years and stopped it. Bye bye free games from it.

I doubt I can even get back the Endless Legend code I grabbed. I grabbed one the other day, but shut the browser accidentally and when I went back it said they ran out of keys despite the fact they'd already assigned one to me.

MattyG

Banned
The mod is filled with hackers while the stand alone is a bug fest
Awwwww, that sucks about the mod. The videos I've been watching have made all the different versions seem really interesting. And I know SA is a bug fest, but I still enjoy it quite a bit. I'm probably not going to play it again until they add vehicles though, which is probably going to take forever.

Seeing all these Disney games finally appear on Steam is crazy. Good that they recognise the value in their catalogue (even if most of the games look like pretty mediocre licensed titles). LEGO Pirates!

Oublieux

We must have hope that one day Namco Bandai will make either another .Hack game or port the old ones to Steam and PS4.

I liked the "MMO" aspect of the game that simulated other players, messaging systems, etc. It's possibly the reason I'm sort of fond of Sword Art Online.

Zafir

With the popularity of Sword Art Online, I've always been hoping Namco Bandai make another .hack game. Definitely a series I miss. :(

madjoki

Aww man. IGN finally realised I'd been getting free IGN prime for like 5 odd years and stopped it. Bye bye free games from it.

I doubt I can even get back the Endless Legend code I grabbed. I grabbed one the other day, but shut the browser accidentally and when I went back it said they ran out of keys despite the fact they'd already assigned one to me.

You should be able to view key next time they have keys, but they should send email with code too.

Shade

Some bundle goodies. Take 'em. Take 'em all!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 13 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shade, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Bards Tale -- MB-C7681E7E56C09FFA - Taken by gaiadyne. 5 entrants total.
Worms Armageddon -- MB-6218BFDF2C4FDBE7 - Taken by Skyzard. 3 entrants total.
Worms Ultimate Mayhem -- MB-96FE40DAEA92AA82 - Taken by fernandes. 2 entrants total.
Broken Sword Director's Cut -- MB-84FBBE81EAF73CB6 - Taken by WinterDemons. 3 entrants total.
worms blast -- MB-E626177A4A38DCE0 - Taken by bluechox2. 2 entrants total.
Ticket to Ride -- MB-9384EC7DA01EC271 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 3 entrants total.
Worms Reloaded -- MB-33693E98F90CB124 - Taken by iosefe. 1 entrants total.
Worms Pinball -- MB-574568088306FED8 - Taken by nature boy. 1 entrants total.
worms crazy golf -- MB-5EECECCE65AABE6A - Taken by jres80. 1 entrants total.
Splice -- MB-62D9351512CB17AD - Taken by autoduelist. 1 entrants total.
Greed Corp -- MB-CEF1DFFF2B20FF92 - Taken by MillionStabs. 1 entrants total.
Fractal -- MB-C26CD48ADCD886A0 - Taken by Kagemusha. 1 entrants total.
Ticket to Ride 1910 USA DLC -- MB-1AC1FE2A4C40DB14 - Taken by tebunker. 3 entrants total.

t1412906806z1.png

Lain

Ummmmm well this is a new one on me...

Preallowcating? I hope it's shifting my preload to an install and not that I'm going to have to download 30gb again :(

Edit: Oh thank christ for that. Right anyone still preloading? Well you might want to try this and pause, stop or close you client and then restart. You'll see the same as me and it will swap you progress over from decrypted csd file in your depotcache folder to install files in you main downloading folder. Of course if it all goes a little bit wrong it's not my fault just so we're clear.

If I knew that before I cancelled my 30GB pre-load to start a normal download since the game had already released and my pre-load hadn't finished downloadign yet. All that time down the drain.

Zafir

You should be able to view key next time they have keys, but they should send email with code too.

They didn't send me an email. But yeah, I realise you can do that but figured there may be an issue with the access gone. However, I reread the email and it said they're letting me keep access for 2 weeks so hopefully I can grab it again quickly in the next batch. Not the end of the world if I can't, own the game anyway.

So are you guys enjoying FF13?

Durante is helping.

First impression are....the combat seems really 'dumbed down' compared to previous FF games.

- Using items doesn't cost ATB
- 'Auto Attack'
- Only controlling one character.

I also have no fucking idea what's going on with the story. Still digging it for now though.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Actually kinda iffy translation =p
(Not that the rest of the script is better)

It's good that you edited that in. :p

----------------------------------------------------------------

(Click on image for direct link)

So, this bundle has been out for a bit. For anyone who has bought it or knows a bit more about it, does this included DLC for the included titles? Specifically I'm interested in Darksiders 2 and Red Faction: Armageddon but any other included DLC would be appreciated.

rtcn63

Yeah, you just wait until your health is low, then switch to the "heal" stance, and if an enemy is telegraphing a big attack, you switch to "defense" stance, then you switch back after to attack yourself... you just wait for one or the other... and wait... and then press a button or two again... and wait... stuff goes on on-screen, sometimes pretty... then there's unlocking skills via a linear ass tree, why it wasn't just automatic like everything else... aliens... keyser soze...

Zeliard

If you guys can manage to struggle through the blasted thing till like Chapter 11 or so when it finally lets you into a more open area and stops with the mind-numbing, drip-fed tutorials, it apparently becomes vaguely decent.

I wasn't able to care enough to get that far.

Grief.exe

Durante is helping.

First impression are....the combat seems really 'dumbed down' compared to previous FF games.

- Using items doesn't cost ATB
- 'Auto Attack'
- Only controlling one character.

I also have no fucking idea what's going on with the story. Still digging it for now though.

^ Yup, does the combat get more interesting? It's on autoplay so far...

I've just been trying to maximize my AOE damage during fights, makes it slightly less mindnumbing.

So, this bundle has been out for a bit. For anyone who has bought it or knows a bit more about it, does this included DLC for the included titles? Specifically I'm interested in Darksiders 2 and Red Faction: Armageddon but any other included DLC would be appreciated.

Not unless otherwise specified. I know the last one to have DLC beyond what was posted was Mafia II, but that may have been a bug or glitch (it said it was the Digital Deluxe Edition, even though it was the base game).

Zafir

The battle system opens up a bit more at chapter 3 when you can access paradigm swapping. Until then it's just attack, aoe and items.

it becomes like a mmo party where you literally have a tank, a healer and dps

If you play it like that, you'll hate it. :p Battles are far too drawn out if you just run with a tank, healer and dps all the time. To get enjoyment out if it you want to be swapping paradigms a lot depending on whats required, and making use of the ATB refresh feature.

Tektonic

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tektonic, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Thunder Wolves -- MB-1D4CEA917EE45C93 - Taken by Tesseract. 1 entrants total.
Crystals of Time -- MB-DF3FE9573F0ED6BE - Taken by autoduelist. 1 entrants total.
Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD -- MB-A05ED1F60FAD4849 - Taken by Htown. 1 entrants total.
Air Conflicts: Secret Wars -- MB-5F82121314E8ACD0 - Taken by topyy. 1 entrants total.
Toxic Bunny HD -- MB-CD853F36B4ABB1AC - Taken by Rand6. 1 entrants total.

t1412923006z1.png

Miguel81

I must have over 50 shots now in Alien Isolation. The lighting is just so damned great that it makes you want to capture as much as you can. Definitely happy that it has those Enemy Zero vibes in there, as that was one my favorite horror/adventure games of the 90s. The jaggies are all over the place, but being 10 ft. back from the TV helps alleviate it a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom