• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
Seeing FF13 now and playing it a few years ago I found it quite sad, that all the other JRPGs looked more like a mix between PS2 and PS3 graphics.

Played Tales of Xillia lately and that... really looks quite bad compared to FF13.

SE has huge budgets, other companies that make JRPGS do not :p

Killing Floor 2 looking sadistically blodily good. They did an insane job using UE2 and now they did the same using UE3. I can't imagine what they can do using UE4
(I hope they won't use it when it is time is over and UE5 comes just like how they used UE2 in UE3 and UE3 in UE4 era -_-).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qx_J4F9xe8g#t=294

You may only play one note, Mr. Plastica, but you play it loud and you play it strong.

madjoki

Square really should have added the Japanese movies as a separate DLC, ala Morodor or Sleeping Dogs texture packs.

Many will have no use for the extra download size.

Or separate depot and use language chooser on steam settings. This way both groups would've gotten ~30GB download instead of 60GB.

Shadownet

Banned
Found some posts on Steam Forums and dev is saying to uninstall Nvidia PhysX and reinstall. What??? All other games work just fine...
I have the game myself but I never have the problem where the game does not start before. Sure frame rate is a bit inconsistent but that was about as much problem as I ever gotten.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
how isnt this your new tag yet

I like this one betterer.

Or separate depot and use language chooser on steam settings. This way both groups would've gotten ~30GB download instead of 60GB.

That'd also set the game text to Japanese, though. Optional DLC would have been the way to go considering the game itself has no separate language setting for text.

Parsnip

Finished Mordor.
Had fun, it's alright.
Not going to bother with the achievements I have left though, no urge to complete hunts nor any of the stuff you kind of have to go out of your way to do.

It didn't scratch that Assassin's Creed itch as much as I hoped. And boy some of the combat stuff translate pretty much directly to Batman moves, they are not even trying to hide it.

Shadownet

Banned
Yeah. But I am just wondering because even small indie-devs could make beautiful games with the limited funds they had.
But you're judging two JRPG with vastly different art style. Final Fantasy XIII is more realistic than Tales anime art style.

I'm sure if Tales Studios have the same budget as Squeenix and use the same art style. They could make something similar to FF. But at that point it won't be a Tales game anymore.

Comparing Tales to like Ni No Kuni would be a better comparison.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Finished Mordor.
Had fun, it's alright.
Not going to bother with the achievements I have left though, no urge to complete hunts nor any of the stuff you kind of have to go out of your way to do.

It didn't scratch that Assassin's Creed itch as much as I hoped. And boy some of the combat stuff translate pretty much directly to Batman moves, they are not even trying to hide it.
That's because the environment is a bit bland to move around. Sorta like if AC brohood consisted of the Rome countryside alone and no actual city part.

But you're judging two JRPG with vastly different art style. Final Fantasy XIII is more realistic than Tales anime art style.

I'm sure if Tales Studios have the same budget as Squeenix and use the same art style. They could make something similar to FF. But at that point it won't be a Tales game anymore.

I think a Tales of with a big budget could work. I mean Naruto looks brilliant :D

SSPssp

I agree on the Ni No Kuni comparison. Ni No Kuni looks beautiful and the Tales series looks closer to a PS2 game. Tales is still fun to play even though it looks plain.

MRORANGE

has been updated:

iOqL2H6ck2rvC.jpg

What is this thread about?
A reference list of all relevant PC threads and communities that are active on GAF.

How do I contribute?
You can submit or update a PC thread by posting it here (avoid gaming OT's, mod threads for a particular game are okay).

--------------- LIST OF THREADS ---------------

PC Hardware & Overclocking
I Need a New PC! 2014 Part 2
2014-2015 Gaming Laptop Thread
Race Your PC Thread2 of Voiding Warranties
Lez talk mechanical keyboards
120/144Hz Thread of Lightboosting
PC Drivers for Xbox One controller
How to use your PS4 controller as a PC controller
Using Sixaxis on your PC
Official Headphone Thread
TechSupportGAF Thread of No Case Too Big, No Case Too Small
Alienware X51 Thread
21:9 Gaming Thread | That cinematic feel
Mayflash Wii U Pro Controller Adapter review
Wii U Pro Pad is now Windows & Mac compatible

Mods and Enhancements
GeDoSaTo - Downsampling from Infinity and Beyond!
Dark Souls internal rendering resolution fix (DSfix)
Downsampling, a simple method for making your pc-games look better.
Downsampling for AMD Cards
iCEnhancer 3.0 for GTA4
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mod Discussion and News
Crysis mods/tweaks to make the game look maximum eyecandy
Fallout 3 and New Vegas Mod Discussion
TESIV: Oblivion Mod Guide
FXAA to all DX9 games
The Silent Hill 2, 3 & 4 PC thread - A guide to a better HD Collection
Source Mod Megathread
DOOM Franchise Community Thread
Deadly Premonition PC Fix
Vampire: The Masquerade Mods
Running PC games at 30Hz
Watch Dogs original graphical effects
Triple buffering: "Why we love it"
The Witcher 2: Extreme Quality Flora Mod
Crysis 2 - PC modding and tweaking
Deus Ex New Vision Graphical Overhaul
A3D (Aureal) wrapper
OpenRA C&C remaster project
The Thief Collection: Tweaks
Final Fantasy XIII resolution unlocking (GeDoSaTo plugin) released - pre-alpha

Software & Tools
Let's Talk About Recording / Streaming Software
Pro Tips for PC Gaming (like a Pro)
Most useful PC applications
Mumble - Making Ventrilo and TeamSpeak Obsolete
Open Broadcaster Software: Stream Games Live on PC
LIMELIGHT | Stream PC games

Emulation
Dolphin - Emulating Wii and Gamecube Games
PS2 Emulation with PCSX2 - share your game configs!
PPSSPP Emulation and Discussion Thread
RETROARCH - The all-in-one emulator
Nintendo DS Games in HD
RPCS3 Is A New PS3 Emulator, Still In Early Stage, Boots Commercial Game
Supermodel (Sega Model 3 Arcade Emulator)

Gaming Communities & Recommendations
Indie Games 2014
Introduction to MOBAs
PC Racing Sims
Point n Click Adventure GAF 2014
Life of MMo gamers
Recommended GOG Games
"I'm new to PC games, what should I get..."

Screenshots and User Content
2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread
The NeoGAF Screenshotter's Compendium Thread
2013 PC Bullshot thread
2014 Game GIF Thread
Show off that gaming PC
2014 Screenshot Art Thread of Artificial Concept Art
PC Low Settings Screenshot Thread

Steam
Steam Thread
Steam Trading | Games/Cards/Keys/Money/Items
GAF Steam ID List
Steam Greenlight
Custom Steam icons for Grid View
Idle Master Thread - Get your Steam Trading Cards the Easy Way
Neogaf Games Night |OT| We actually play games
Enhanced Steam Discussion Thread - Ideas, Suggestions, and Feedback
SteamOS
Steam Family Sharing Thread
GAF Steamgifts Group Invite Thread
Steam In-home Streaming Beta
Steam Universe (beta) videos, impressions

Other Digital Download Services
GOG Thread
Green Man Gaming Thread
Origin Thread
Ubisoft Uplay Thread
GFWL Thread

Development Scene
Oculus Rift - Dev Kit Discussion
Oculus Rift Development Kit 2
Indie Game Development Discussion Thread
GAF Learns - Unity [Game Engine]
Unreal Engine 4 Thread
Unreal Tournament 4 Pre-Alpha builds -> You can play and test it for free.
Resident Evil 4 HD Project - Progress Thread
Fan made Shenmue HD project

Misc*
Giving Away Steam Keys with ModBot
Official DD (Steam/D2D/etc) gifting thread of equal global distribution
Kickstarter Thread - 2014
Indie Bundle Thread
The Comprehensive PC Games Sales Figures Thread.
Playfire Rewards Discussion
Frame Latency - Why you should stop talking about FPS
Nvidia Shield Thread
NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet
Old computer games you're pretty sure no one but you ever played
RPG Maker Game Competition
10 years later - Resident Evil Outbreak 1 & 2 are back online!
PC gamers: What is the most comfortable desk chair ever?

Shadownet

Banned
I think a Tales of with a big budget could work. I mean Naruto looks brilliant :D

I believe Tales of Zestiria will be the first time Tales will be revamped. From what we seen so far the game look gorgeous, open world and everything. It look very high budget. (Well higher than what most Tales games were)

Its coming out for PS3. But I believe this is the first step for Tales to move to PS4. I believe after Zestiria, the next game will be a PS4 game.

MUnited83

For you.
Wait MMORANGE, I thought talking about emulators was forbidden? Or admit to using one.

Isn't that a rule of GAF?

Nope, never was. You can't link to rom sites or admit to outright pirate, but you can discuss emulation and emulators all you want.

Ah okay that's strange.

Its like I don't wanna know where you get it, you can play it and talk about it. Just don't tell me where you got it from.

And it's exactly as it should be, as trying to get proof of legitimacy of each individual user would be rather.... strange and wholy unecessary.

MayMay

Banned
Ah okay that's strange.

Its like I don't wanna know where you get it, you can play it and talk about it. Just don't tell me where you got it from.

You can play your retail games using emulators, so you dont necessarily need to pirate anything. You can just put a Wii disc in your PC, start up Dolphin and play it.

You can play your retail games using emulators, so you dont necessarily need to pirate anything. You can just put a Wii disc in your PC, start up Dolphin and play it.

Dont you need a special DVD drive for that though? I remember there were only a few special one that can do that.

Dont you need a special DVD drive for that though? I remember there were only a few special one that can do that.
You can rip your games onto a hard drive using a wii/wiiu and use that rip with Dolphin. Seems like the easiest way to go about it

With psx/ps2, you can straight up use the disc but games tend to run better ripped on to the hard drive.

Shadownet

Banned
Omg that is great news! I have .Hack//G.U. Vol.3 on PS2.

It would be awesome if I can play it on my PC!

MUnited83

For you.
Omg that is great news! I have .Hack//G.U. Vol.3 on PS2.

It would be awesome if I can play it on my PC!

You can. Probably! I played a bit of that one with the DVD on the drive and it worked just fine, no bugs(that I saw, at least). I didn't play much because I only own Vol 1 and Vol 3 :/

Shadownet

Banned
You can. Probably! I played a bit of that one with the DVD on the drive and it worked just fine, no bugs(that I saw, at least). I didn't play much because I only own Vol 1 and Vol 3 :/
We must have hope that one day Namco Bandai will make either another .Hack game or port the old ones to Steam and PS4.
-------
So how is the new Payday 2 Hotline Miami DLC? Good?

iosefe

We must have hope that one day Namco Bandai will make either another .Hack game or port the old ones to Steam and PS4.
-------
So how is the new Payday 2 Hotline Miami DLC? Good?

it's pretty good. hell on the computer at some parts, particles, fire, smoke.

Before I jump into FFXIII, has anyone tried the keyboard controls? I'm planning to use a controller, but I was just wondering if M&K actually functioned semi decently.

Miguel81

It's a cool that you can play CD/DVD-based games from past systems. My Snatcher copy works perfectly using KegaFusion. Now I should stop procrastinating and get to playing Alien.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom